PDA

View Full Version : Good plastic welder in Auckland

texmo
23rd July 2006, 14:01
I want a good plastic welder not somebody who aint a professional or I may as well crank out the soldering iron. My fairings broke into big bits but there are a few small bits missing thats why I need a good plastic welder.

thanks motu in advance..

M1CRO
23rd July 2006, 22:27
Try: Plastic Welding Services
17 Ingram St Papakura Auckland
Ph 298 3346

The guy there is good value, although a bit talkative sometimes :)

texmo
24th July 2006, 10:42
Thanks dude wil give him a ring.

vtec
24th July 2006, 17:13
Let us know how it goes Texmo, I've got a few fairings that need some work.

R6_kid
25th July 2006, 22:32
"the plastic repair company" in glenfied. Pretty reasonable and quick turn around.

Take them the parts and show the guy what you want done. The outside will look mint (might need a little filler pre-paint) and depending on the severity of the damage the insides will looks alright too.

p.s. thats the guy that did all the repair work on my ZXR fairings last year, did everything exactly as i asked, and even did some stuff that others said couldnt be done (like repairing the lugs where the top and side fairings meet up)

2QK2C
24th August 2006, 10:12
I'm looking to get my front fairing (thats agoes around your headlight, gauges etc)
its basically snapped in half and cracked in 4places.
will these guys be able to work some magic?
Should I sand it all down first? (or do you do that afterwards before painting?)

R6_kid
28th August 2006, 21:47
take it to them and tell them what you want done. They will prep it for paint if you want but wont paint.

Alternative is reflections in glenfield, but they charge an arm and a leg. I found the plastic repair shop to be good value, got all my stuff painted elsewhere.

SlowHand
4th September 2006, 13:11
Anyone have pictures of repaired work from the respective companies?

Wanna know what sort of work I'll get for the money etc.

kickingzebra
4th September 2006, 15:39
Reflections are pretty dang good! They repaired my tank, and have my fairings at the moment. Damn magic job, looks better than new, and they hand cut telefonica and movistar logos on top of the tank for 20 bucks!

The whole tank repair was more expensive, but still OK, damn site cheaper than a new tank.