PDA

View Full Version : KBer's go Bucket racing (chch)

dangerous
23rd July 2006, 20:43
Round 3 BEAR's
Kickaha is away with work and a broken foot, so no green reps for his decent write up today... ya have me instead, so hang on to ya hats here we go...

Buckets, With a field of 27 there were 11 Kiwibiker's:
Spud
Thunder
Rashika
Tyger Tung
Gav
Jonny
Diesel
Dangerous
k14
tonyB
Stanko.
Awesome turn out guys, Rashika you made bucket history by racing two consecutive rounds for a chick, 1st timers thunder, Gav (old vet) good shit brothers.

Practice went well with most bikes returning to the pits.
Race1) I lead for 2 laps before being passed by Diesel, DC and #38... I finished 4th which I was happy with as I found the group riding was worring me as the memory of the crash last meet was coming back to me.
I loaned out my spare bucket to a new guy that wrecked it in a low slide on the hairpin.

Race2) Awesome start for me again and I held the lead for 5 out of 6 laps, but I lost concentration and DC, Diesel pig passed me, so I took a 3rd.
I have no idea how any of the others went as i never saw them:yawn:
Race3) Swaped bikes with DC (RS framed MB) and was suprised how dofferent 2 Mb100's tuned similer can be, but the big diff being the out standing handling of the RS frame, having said that DC cleaned the field up on my bike.
Post Classics:
Well practice wasn't the best for me as the Kat through a wobbley due to me leaving the air box lid off.
Race1) got a good start in but lost a few places and finished 5th.
Race2) Good start again same shit as before and I think I finished around 5th-7th again.
The Kat took a bit to get used to, god ohhh mighty its a heavy beast, but bloody good fun :doobey:
Race3) same shit in the all in but was carved up by the Motards, and had a laugh or two at Spuds antics on the KX750 of DC's
Thats my lot... take it away the rest of ya's

Joni
23rd July 2006, 20:58
Where is the rest of the write up? the witty comments... the taking the piss out of of... of yeah... that right we take the piss out of you! :bleh:

The :sunny: was out and it made for a perfect days racing...

Well done to Diesel Pig... as always him and DC showed us how its done (damn Black Betty was flying in that first race)... I missed the second one, what happened?:spudwhat:

Nice to see Gav and Thunder out there too...

Respect to Rashika who took Kicks bikes out - you looked good on the LC girl, maybe you should think of getting one :blip:

onearmedbandit
23rd July 2006, 21:01
D, that wasn't 'boss' was it??

TonyB
23rd July 2006, 21:11
Well done D. Bloody good to see you at the pointy end of the field! Wish I was there with you.

Stanko and I have made some real progress with my bucket- just one more thing to sort THE RIDER:yes: I keep unsettling the bike. Will try altering the ride position and see how it pans out. Had a good time tho! Bloody good to be out on the track again:scooter:

gav
23rd July 2006, 21:26
Yeah that was fun! Big thanks to Stanko for the loan of the bike :first:
the Ruapuna "B" track is ideal for buckets, but alot faster than a typical bucket track ie carpark and cones or Kart track. I was way off the pace but apart from the hairpin which I was running through in 3rd gear, the rest of the track is 4th, 5th and 6th gear, flat out! (and I was running a FXR150 motor)
Now I know why so few buckets down here are based on trailbikes, the internal gearing just won't let you run fast enough, and if you gear them up, they probably wont pull the gearing.
First time I'd been on the bike and main struggle was fitting my foot on the peg to change gear, brakes a bit spongy, but after a while found only really used them into the hairpin. Just started off the back of the grid, passed a few here and there but have no idea where I finished :whocares: great fun though!
All seemed over to quick though, no wonder the other guys decide to run Pre 82 etc.
Roll on Battle of the Buckets!! You North Islanders won't want to go back home after racing here!

Skunk
23rd July 2006, 21:39
Roll on Battle of the Buckets!! You North Islanders won't want to go back home after racing here!
Shit. Shit. The AX100 ain't got a chance in hell. It's only a 4 speed box that pulls 110 tops. On a good day.

Buddha#81
23rd July 2006, 21:43
Practice buckets; went out an rode around, I found the track temp low from the overnight frost and provided fick all in the way of traction but overall it felt good. Yesterday I fitted a 14t front sprocket to bring the RPM back into the black down the back straight.

Practice pre '82; once again went out and took it easy until I notice I was gaining on Dangerous which only gave me the urge to pick the pace up only to have him pull off the track before being overtaken by the awesome power of the mighty CB250.

Buckets race 1; Found by fixing a long standing slipping clutch and the gearing change Im back on the pace ( on the back of the fast pack). Found it unnerving to have K14's cb125t pulling RPM that Mr Honda never intended it to do, stuffed his front up the inside of me only to think better of taking on the emence mass which is the spud. Made it home on about 6th just in front of k14. Judging on the pace of the fast guys I picked up a second or two a lap:yes: The downside was Dangerous pipping me on the line after the overtaking move if the millenium two corners before the flag.

Buckets race 2; much the same as race 1 except I found myself following k14 I didn't seem to have anything left to get passed, lucky for me his exhaust broke in the last lap coming out of the hairpin:blip: :nya: another 6th-ish finish.

Buckets race 3; swapped bikes with Tigertung not being a points race. Going back to a Proddy Bucket after a couple of seasons on slicks is entertaining to say the least, need-lest to say I couldn't wait to hand back the mighty CG at the end of the race!:gob:

All-in last race; My big Bro offered to swap his Z750 for the CB250rs (fair swap I thought) After dicing with death trying to get my head around a quarter of a ton of ill handling and no brakes, I settled in behind Dangerous on his Kat and found that the bikes had very little between them (with me riding it). Other than a BIG moment into the hairpin trying to pull up the elephant I managed to keep it together and bring it home in about 10th just in-front of D and the Kat:nya:

In all a great day was had and it was good to see the sun after the weather forecasts during the week was pointing to a wet meeting. With 25 odd buckets on the grid its looking like the Battle Of The Buckets, SI GP will be a winner.

Cheers Brent

dangerous
23rd July 2006, 21:54
pic1) Ohhh FFS K14 its a fucking bucket
pic2) casualty... please help
pic3) blood n guts, well oil n metal...
pic4) Spuds such a friendly chap
pic5) Thunder
pic6) TonyB

dangerous
23rd July 2006, 22:05
next pics are thanks to SuzyQ :first:

1) Spud and Diesel
2) Rashika FXR
3) K14
4) Gav
5) Tyger Tung
6) Spud 250RS

Sketchy_Racer
23rd July 2006, 22:11
HAHAHA IF TYGER TUNGS HANGS OFF ANYMORE, HE WILL FALL OFF THE SIDE OF THE BIKE!! :killingme:

good stuff tho guys!!!!

dangerous
23rd July 2006, 22:15
1) Rashika 350LC
2) Dangerous Kat
3) dangerous MB100
4) Diesel on Black Betty
5) Rashika
6) Buckets

TygerTung
24th July 2006, 07:00
HAHAHA IF TYGER TUNGS HANGS OFF ANYMORE, HE WILL FALL OFF THE SIDE OF THE BIKE!! :killingme:

good stuff tho guys!!!!

Yeah well at least i got a knee down!

Those CG125's handle pretty terrible, you have no choice but to ride like that.

When spud rode it, he commented that it felt like it had front and rear wheel steering. I am kind of used to the wobbly flexible chassis and sort of like it!

Rashika
24th July 2006, 09:14
yup I could see that knee down, and i was in fact a little concerned that you were going to slide right off there so i could have some target practice and run you over :blip:
Nah kidding TT, ya done good matey! :yes:

Well I cant give you all a blow by blow account, on account of the day being a little bit of a blur to me... guess it gets like that when you are racing in a couple of classes. Dunno how the boy across from us managed as he was in 3 classes!

Buckets: The FXR was great... I got better as the day progressed again, ONE DAY I will ride the same bike on 2 occasions, so hopefully will be better at the beginning of the day rather than nearer the end. Going into that first hairpin scares the crap outa me, just too many bikes all wanting to go first (27 in total), so I hold back from that frantic bunch a little till they sort it all out. Just as well really cos 1 bloke lost it in front of me, not a Kber tho ;)
Had some fun with Tygertung trying to edge his way past for a couple of laps and then just pipping me at the finish line, ya young whippersnapper! I'll get you back when i figger out this getting ya arse off the seat crap...did start moving it a bit by the end of the day tho, proud to say!
Oh yeah and Ta Spud for letting me beat ya in the last race ;)

Pre 82: Well what can i say... I just LOVED the LC!!!! God-damn it is one awesomely cool bike! I can see why my mates at highschool loved the buggers when they first came out. The first bike I rode (on the back of, mind you) was one of these... it really kindled my interest so i was thrilled to be riding one yesterday. And it didn't let me down at all, loved the powerband when it came in, seemed to get the timing just right...most of the time anyway. Felt like it was almost the fastest i had ever riden on the track. Probably was cos I didn't have the thought of paying off a binned Buell on my mind which seems to stall me a little on my road bike.
By the end of the day I had even got my confidence up to actually pass a couple of people on it, I was CHUFFED! Now just to work on the abovementioned bit about my arse and maybe I will improve :scooter:

Ta for Dangerous for helping get the bikes out there, and Diesel Pig (and co) for same, and Speedy for moral support and 'specially SuziQ for pic taking.
All I can say is that I loved every damn minute of riding BOTH bikes...and no matter WHAT people say about Kickaha being an arse :innocent: , I think he is a damn good chap, lending out his bikes to me for the day.
HUGE BIG THANKS KICKAHA!

scumdog
24th July 2006, 09:25
Good write-ups everybody, looks like you all had a ball and your weather looked better than down here too!!

(But not a tassle in sight!!)

Buddha#81
24th July 2006, 09:25
Oh so Kick really is a softy after all, maybe that was the grumpy bone he broke in his foot, lets hope it never heals:blip:

Rashika
24th July 2006, 09:28
Oh so Kick really is a softy after all, maybe that was the grumpy bone he broke in his foot, lets hope it never heals:blip:
Sorry to say but I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't heal....:blip: I got first dips on the LC

nah mate, hope you get it okayed for next round...honest

dangerous
24th July 2006, 18:01
and no matter WHAT people say about Kickaha being an arse :innocent: , I think he is a damn good chap, lending out his bikes to me for the day.
No Rashika... hes still an arse, but an arse that lends his bikes out:nya:

LMFAO, aint that the truth:first:

gav
24th July 2006, 18:43
Originally Posted by spud racer
Oh so Kick really is a softy after all, maybe that was the grumpy bone he broke in his foot, lets hope it never heals
Nah, think he's still a grumpy bastard even with a broken bone!

Buddha#81
24th July 2006, 19:03
Nah, think he's still a grumpy bastard even with a broken bone!

I see a trend emerging here, I feel we may have to lay of the Kick kicking before his feelings are hurt.:nya:

gav
24th July 2006, 20:29
Nah, hes on some work conference, he wont read this for a couple of days!

stanko
24th July 2006, 20:33
I see a trend emerging here, I feel we may have to lay of the Kick kicking before his feelings are hurt.:nya:

Kick has feelings ?

dangerous
24th July 2006, 20:57
Doubt it mate, gota kick a good man while hes down... hell we all know hes a c#*t... BUT a GOOD c#*t :first:

TygerTung
24th July 2006, 21:45
Well I had a great time! Achieved one of my two goals, that was to get a knee down which I did pretty easily, although judging by those photo's I didn't need to be handing off QUITE as much as I was, although, that is the only way I have ever ridden, hanging off the side.

Was good to have a go on spuds bucket, felt really strange compared to the CG, no comfy flexing in the chassis, no rear wheel steering, but it had heaps of grunt. Got a knee down on that too, and it was really fast, lots of power, wasn't really any faster on it though cos it toook a while to get used to it.

Who's taking the photo's they look great, love the one of me getting a knee down!

T.W.R
24th July 2006, 23:50
From what I saw everyone was having a good time & giving it the full-on treatment. I took off early coz I was getting itchy feet watching:yes:

Dangerous :wait: giving a display of an almost minties moment heading out on the Kat for the 1st race was a laugh, & the exhaust repair afterwards :whistle: :nya:

Rashika lols you'll be trading the Buell for a tidy ringa ding LC huh

Kickaha ain't grumpy for a wee crip (p/t)

To the rest good to meet a few again & put faces to names of others & meet 1st time round.

dangerous
25th July 2006, 06:06
Dangerous :wait: giving a display of an almost minties moment heading out on the Kat for the 1st race was a laugh, & the exhaust repair afterwards :whistle: :nya:
Yeah mate thought ya bolted early, my moment... forgot about that, thought I was going down didnt ya? I did... as we leave the dummy grid we cross the start of the drag strip then do a hard right, well I locked the front up on the slimy shit they use on the drag warm up pad... bloody well hert trying to hold 1/4 of a ton up.
As for the exhaust, lost a bloody header bold and found the others loose :Oops: but K14 had more probs with his megaphone falling off :gob:

Who's taking the photo's they look great, love the one of me getting a knee down!
SuzyQ is the main chick in the infield with the camera seen as our in house camera clicking chick Rashika is now racing, great job cheers SuzyQ.

Just to give you another view of the distance between your seat and the seat of ya pants TT, and the KB pits with operation CB125T going down, then theres Jonny

TonyB
26th July 2006, 17:48

good stuff tho guys!!!!
Ah, but if you compare Diesel Pig in post 11 with TygerTung in post 25 you will see their styles are veeeeerrrry similar. I reckon the young fella's got potential (taste in leathers excluded of course).

Rashika
26th July 2006, 18:11
Ah, but if you compare Diesel Pig in post 11 with TygerTung in post 25 you will see their styles are veeeeerrrry similar. I reckon the young fella's got potential (taste in leathers excluded of course).
oh yeah ...THOSE leather! OMG!!!
mind you i hear they make 'em in pink as well and they were worn by a notable kiwi rider back in the day when he won his first major race... gulp, what WERE they thinking??

Buddha#81
26th July 2006, 18:52

There is one major difference and its that DP is actually traveling at speed.

johnnyboy0212
26th July 2006, 19:08

thanks for the photos dangerous.hoodrat was sooo happy to get the old knee down ehh. but me being me i keep saying stop scuffing them up with the file in the back of his van!! :nya: but good on you tt :first: both you and i had shit loads of fun and were a hell of alot more comfortable round the track this time ehh. you were a little barstad on spuds bike in the last race though, getting me out of the last corner on the last lap! :nono: we were not amused...
thanks all and ill see ya's on the 13th......p.s i hope hoodrat weres his pj's again cause the girls loved them...( and afew guys too! ) :rofl:

Kickaha
26th July 2006, 19:17
My big Bro offered to swap his Z750 for the CB250rs (fair swap I thought)

That would have evened up the power to weight ratios :bleh:

Suzi Q
26th July 2006, 20:36
oh yeah ...THOSE leather! OMG!!!
mind you i hear they make 'em in pink as well and they were worn by a notable kiwi rider back in the day when he won his first major race... gulp, what WERE they thinking??

I don't think Foggy would appreciate being called a Kiwi!!:angry:

dangerous
26th July 2006, 20:46
LMFAO, just had a mate ring up and congradulate me on getting my name in the press, I thought not again with the leather clad dodgy bastard hanging outside the schools shit.... na not this time, check it out :third:

TygerTung
26th July 2006, 22:30
So what are the race results el presedente?

Did they get written down like last time?

TygerTung
26th July 2006, 22:32
So what are the race results this time el presedente?

Were they written down like last time?

dangerous
27th July 2006, 06:15
Emailed them to you on Monday, as I did with all BRMC members:scooter:

edit: opps, cocked up you and jonny missed out, done now tho

k14
27th July 2006, 06:19
didn't email them to me.

Rashika
27th July 2006, 06:49
I don't think Foggy would appreciate being called a Kiwi!!:angry:
ah well...

dangerous
27th July 2006, 06:53
didn't email them to me.
yes I did, you have so many fuking accounts... it went to paradise ???

TonyB
27th July 2006, 13:25
Wheres mine D? If you sent it to my ihug email I can't get it. Stupid computer has died!!:angry: Will hopefully get it fixed today.

gav
27th July 2006, 18:47
Emailed them to you on Monday, as I did with all BRMC members:scooter:

edit: opps, cocked up you and jonny missed out, done now tho
So have you corrected them yet?

dangerous
27th July 2006, 19:05
So have you corrected them yet?
What for? you are the only person that has a problem :wait: and I still havnt worked out what that is

gav
27th July 2006, 19:45
Oh well, heres how the points look after round 3!

k14
27th July 2006, 19:59
Heres a better one.

gav
27th July 2006, 20:15
Heres a better one.
Better? At least my points are accurate and up to date! :nya:
And maybe not everybody wants their real name in public, respect their privacy! :nono:

stanko
27th July 2006, 22:02
But Gav Gav is your real name

Buddha#81
27th July 2006, 22:10
LMFAO, just had a mate ring up and congradulate me on getting my name in the press, I thought not again with the leather clad dodgy bastard hanging outside the schools shit.... na not this time, check it out :third:

LOOK AT ME..............LOOK AT ME.............LOOK AT ME:whocares: no one reads the press now if it was Kiwirider.............:nya:

gav
27th July 2006, 22:51
Gav Gav? No just the one....but how do you know for sure, aye? :innocent:

k14
28th July 2006, 13:52
Better? At least my points are accurate and up to date! :nya:
And maybe not everybody wants their real name in public, respect their privacy! :nono:
They're all the same as the ones d mailed out. Same diff as getting your name printed in the newspaper.

dangerous
28th July 2006, 17:18
LMFAO No, it is not his real name... Gavin is

Agree, I only post KB names on KB

They're all the same as the ones d mailed out. Same diff as getting your name printed in the newspaper.
Ummm, but look at the newspaper attachment... it has KB names.

LOOK AT ME..............LOOK AT ME.............LOOK AT ME:whocares: no one reads the press now if it was Kiwirider.............:nya:
Hahahaha.... the only way you ever get to look at me is from behind, BTW my mate reads the press (god knows why tho) didnt see your name there... oh yeah thats right ya older Bro keps stelling it away from you :nya:

Kickaha
28th July 2006, 21:44
LMFAO No, it is not his real name... Gavin is

Like yours is Yoda :yes:

k14
29th July 2006, 15:50
Ummm, but look at the newspaper attachment... it has KB names.
Wasn't talking about the newspaper attachment, was talking about the actual newspaper. Alot more people would see that than on kb.