PDA

View Full Version : dss3 Round 3 Actrix Series Race Report

dss3
24th July 2006, 09:52
Not such a great race day as far as positions go this time, I took my time to learn the long track and find some lines and braking points etc etc. And it wasn’t until the end of the day I started to feel comfortable out there, and not like I was out for a Sunday cruise.

Was gutted to have not been able to go to the test day on the Friday, as this would have been a huge benefit for the racing. Qualified with a 2.03:9, which put me at 11th on the grid, my worst qualifying yet! Felt pretty confident I would get a few bikes on the starts though.

Race 1 got a decent start, made up a few positions and then got past a few people on the first lap or two. Then I saw Bruce ahead of me and made an extra effort to try catch up to him. Possibly a bad idea, I out braked myself at the end of the middle straight and couldn’t haul it up before the mud, bike flopped over and bike and me got covered in mud and grass, but no damage to either. Picked it up and kept circulating, but just cruising really, came to start finish line and saw a flag, so decided to wheelie down that straight, then realised it was only the white flag haha, cruised last lap and came in with best lap of 2.01:7

Race 2 had a decent start, but then let Derek Hill through, and we had a dice for a couple of laps before I finally cleared him, I kept braking too late and was riding pretty ragged. This slowed me down a fair amount and then put in a best lap of 2.01:1 at the end of the race came 10th.

Race 3 and was starting to come to grips with things, got into 5th and was behind Bruce again and starting to pull him in but running out of laps. I came right up on him on last couple of corners and was hoping he’d wheelie across the finish and I’d whip past him, but never happened, crossed line 0.4 behind Bruce in 5th. Best lap of 1.59:8.

Not a bad finish to the day, a 1.59:8 would have seen me qualify in 4th if I had that pace at the start of the day instead of learning track, so I had taken 4+ seconds off through the day. Looking forward to the next time on the long track, feel that at least 1 sec if not 2 should be able to come off that lap time still fairly easily.

But the best was yet to come… Imagine you are coasting around corner 1 after crossing the finish line in the last race. Your behind ya mate Bruce, he turns and gives ya the thumbs up, you respond by giving him the finger for finishing ahead of you. Then you notice that ‘ole Bruce is still looking at you and joking as you exit the corner… hmm, you think eh Brucie look out pal, you need to be turning a bit here! But it’s too late, as you pull along side him you notice his head turn, only to notice that he is heading straight for the grass/mud! I get a great view as the bike wobbles left/right/left before the inevitable “splat” into the mud. Shit it was all I could do not to crash with laughter! Nice mate!

loosebruce
24th July 2006, 10:06
You're Welcome.

Like i said it was a pity crash for you mate, shame you took so long to get to grips with the track would've been good to kick it with you. The ride of shame back to the pits was the worst part hahaha.

Bring on round 4 :rockon:

Quasievil
24th July 2006, 10:13
Good write up dude, that would have to be the biggest freckin Mintie moment imaginable, imagine that on film, what would you call the clip?

loosebruce
24th July 2006, 10:17
M.I.A

Muppet In Action

kiwifruit
24th July 2006, 10:18
Cheers for the report man
sorry to hear you had another off track excursion

u comin to taupo on friday?

dss3
24th July 2006, 10:21
u comin to taupo on friday?

Nah, would like to, but work calls. Will definitly do one before the last round of VMCC at Taupo on 14th Oct though.

Two Smoker
24th July 2006, 19:04
Wicked stuff muppet.... good to see you crashed too... wouldnt be a normal race day for you otherwise??? Will be good to see your results next round...

Rossi Gal
24th July 2006, 19:32
good report darl, cant wait to see you in action again! hope ya had fun all the same :)

Motoracer
24th July 2006, 20:04
Pure class mate!! Ha ha ha Wheelie past the finish line then to continue on with racing. Would have loved to see that.

I would have paid to switch positions with you, if it meant watching bruce arse off in an 'America's funniest home video' fashion right infront of you. No wonder your team is called, Team muppet. Ha ha

Anywhoo, great effort once again for such a great performance, given the fact that it was your first time on the long circuit! Top riding!

bugjuice
24th July 2006, 20:17
lol.. awesome write up.. :niceone:
move the track closer so I can come and watch... :(

cowpoos
24th July 2006, 21:04
good shit dude....I still don't get how you get a standard R1 to go so fast!!! must have a gixxer motor in it I reckon!!!

Rossi Gal
24th July 2006, 22:12
I would have paid to switch positions with you, if it meant watching bruce arse off in an 'America's funniest home video' fashion right infront of you..

oh man..what a good idea!! did anyone get that shit on camera??? hahaha

babyB
25th July 2006, 00:37
cool witeup Dss good to hear ya out there

sugilite
25th July 2006, 09:16
Great race report dss3!
Team muppet sure likes to entertain! Great comedy with wicked fast racing to boot. Keep it up guys!!! :rockon:

Cleve
25th July 2006, 11:06
Enjoyable read and a good write up Daryl. Bummer about the places though. Sure you will be up higher next time out.
My R6 is being worked on for the warmer months and am really looking forward to getting back into it from September 23rd. See ya then.