PDA

View Full Version : PPG colour charts

Wired1
24th July 2006, 23:01
Probably a dumb question so that's why I'm asking it here. I have been searching the interweb for a automotive paint chart and can't find a single one anywhere! I ralise that colours will vary from screen to screen but all I want is to narrow the search doen, and it can't be that hard to adjust your set to a known colour bas. Anyone know where there is such a thing on-line?

98tls
24th July 2006, 23:59
do a web search for COLOR-RITE and you should get something.

WRT
25th July 2006, 10:00
do a web search for COLOR-RITE and you should get something.

Then introduce them to "SPELLCHECK".

Hoon
25th July 2006, 11:30
Or here:

http://www.cyclecolor.com/id3.htm

Wired1
25th July 2006, 12:48
Thanks but all these sites want to know the model and year of manufacture, I'm not trying to match a colour (color) I am looking for other colours. I haven't found one yet so it must be some kind of global conspiracy - what is it don't they want us to know?

98tls
25th July 2006, 13:05
think i would just head down to the local paint shop and have a look through there charts.

claire
25th July 2006, 13:21
Any PPG supplier should have a motorcycle fan colour in the store that you can look at (except Rotorua as I have theirs!). If it isn't a motorcyle colour you are looking for hope you have lots of time as their are hundreds of colours available. Any paintshop should have the colour fans for the brand of paint that they stock. House of Colour do some cool effects paints if your willing to pay for them

Claire

Wired1
25th July 2006, 17:56
Yes I could but I want to look at the colours at home with my bike on my lap. I also want to be able to shop for paint somewhere other than my local paint store as it is cheaper by a third to a half on-line. I was in there today but they didn't have a spare colour fan bugger it.

imdying
25th July 2006, 18:21
Paint chips can be a bit misleading... easiest way is to cruise car yards till you find a colour you like. Then pop the bonnet and get the code :yes: