PDA

View Full Version : WTB - GN/DR 250 top end

kro
25th July 2006, 17:58
Willing to pay for complete top end, head, valves, cam, rockers, and rocker cover. Must have good bearing surfaces, with nice smooth finish on them, I don't want anything scuffed. Will consider one with no rockers. Will pay good money for good gear.

Thanks

kro
26th July 2006, 17:10
Found a good one at Hawera Motorcycles, spoke to a very helpful chap named Mike, who has the goods I need.

kro
7th September 2006, 19:49
Back to looking for a head, please let me know if you know of one, or have one yourself. Project DR is going to be a bit of a bugger without the damn thing going at the end of it.

kro
2nd October 2006, 05:31
Just bumping this to the top again. Project DR has stalled, and will stay dead until I get the engine bits I need. As stated, I need complete top end, or head only, with good bearing surfaces.

kro
14th October 2006, 11:56
Still on the hunt for the DR/GN/LT 250 top end. Project DR is still stalled because of lack of available good parts, at a price I can afford (my main stumbling block atm)

Project DR, for those of you who may not visit the off road forum much, is this.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=33633

Turtle
14th October 2006, 22:32
Still on the hunt for the DR/GN/LT 250 top end. Project DR is still stalled because of lack of available good parts, at a price I can afford (my main stumbling block atm)

Project DR, for those of you who may not visit the off road forum much, is this.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=33633

Hhhmmmmm I have a mate with 82 DR250 that has the head off it at the mo but I think he has givin up on it.Im sure the head etc is fine....Will chek it out tomo.

kro
15th October 2006, 09:16
Mate, if you could check it out for me, I would be so very grateful. If the bearing surfaces in the head are all still mirror smooth and shiny, I am keen to buy it.
If the cylinder and piston are in good nick, I'd consider buying those too, but I mainly want that top end at this stage.

Many thanks again.

kro
15th October 2006, 20:28
did you find out about the DR parts Turtle?. I need to know soonish, as there is a DR motor finally come up on trademe, and the auction ends in a few days.

thanks heaps
Desparate DR Man