PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Anyone else up for a invasion of Hammyhole - evening of 27-07-06

Ixion
25th July 2006, 19:46
To take over this MoT stitchup
http://safeas.govt.nz/safeas-workshops.html

And where the hell is
Reception Lounge
Council Building
Garden Place
Hamilton

in terms that a northern barbarian can understand. ie Hammyhole has one long street , right?

Or any Hammyholers going along?

Warr
25th July 2006, 20:04
To take over this MoT stitchup

And where the hell is
Reception Lounge
Council Building
Garden Place
Hamilton

in terms that a northern barbarian can understand. ie Hammyhole has one long street , right?

Or any Hammyholers going along?
Northern end of Alexandra Street. Back of Caro St. If you come south down Anglesea St which is 1 street west from Victoria(Main St) turn left into Caro St before the 7 story Telecom Building. The building on the left is the Council Building.
As for going along will have to see :)

The Stranger
26th July 2006, 03:59
Agh, bloody short notice.
I am keen but can't commit just yet. Got to see if I can shuffle a few things around.

Come on people, let us at least try.

Oh and whilst we are at it, how about stack their forum. if people spent a fraction of the time they spend on KB there we would own it.

ZeroIndex
26th July 2006, 06:59
um.. let me know where and what, and I'll come along on my CT110 (as I doubt they will have my bike sorted today ARGH)

is it pool and drinkies or just some random conference?

Squeak the Rat
26th July 2006, 08:44
Bump.....It's a stitchup by the MOT so they can say that they held workshops, listened to the public and have implemented their ideas such as 80kph speed limits.

Meetings arranged with no advertising and at inconvenient times. They don't want the general public attending, let alone some on-to-it bikers who understand the real issues.

A chance to stick it to the man and maybe make a difference guys........

kickingzebra
26th July 2006, 08:52
I'll do my bestest to be there. self righteous busstids!!! STICKITTOTHEMAN, man!!

On another note, go to the website, and read the pdfs. Got to know what they are on about if you want to argue it!

Squeak the Rat
26th July 2006, 09:05
map attached

TerminalAddict
26th July 2006, 09:10
have to skip it .. .that's the night of my 10th wedding anniversary ... so I take the sex over the protesting ;)

crashe
26th July 2006, 09:12
have to skip it .. .that's the night of my 10th wedding anniversary ... so I take the sex over the protesting ;)

Hang on....... the meeting finishes at 9pm... you still have plenty of night left to perform your duties... plus even take her out for a very late dinner as well...:nya:

kickingzebra
26th July 2006, 09:13
If it only happens once a year, fair muff, I mean nuff then... lol

Ixion
26th July 2006, 09:29
If you can't get to the Hamilton one, go to the next one. may be a wee bit of a ride- well, we're bikers aren't we? Isn't that what we do. So ride. To a workshop.
Here's the complete list:

TerminalAddict
26th July 2006, 09:34
10th august in Whakatane could be a go

TerminalAddict
26th July 2006, 09:36
Hang on....... the meeting finishes at 9pm... you still have plenty of night left to perform your duties... plus even take her out for a very late dinner as well...:nya:

quite true .. I only need 3 minutes ;)

Ozzie
26th July 2006, 09:48
I am keen.

2 waves?

1 to make the 5pm start, the other for those who can't get time off????

Meet at the Autobarn near Papakura, what times?

Thinking more of an impact if 20 bikers walk in at once......they would shit themselves.

emaN
26th July 2006, 12:06
Any fellow Vegas-ites wanna shoot up to this?

or Tga-ites, for that matter?

Magua
26th July 2006, 14:37
I can't make it to this one but I'll do my best to get to the Whangarei meeting. friday morning, fuckers.

Ozzie
26th July 2006, 14:42
First wave leaving Papakura Autobarn at 4pm tomorrow afternoon, be there or catch up.

We won't be speeding, that is the cause of too many accidents :nono:

PS....Should we limit the group to those between 25 and 60? All the rest cause too many accidents too, so they say!

Mental Trousers
26th July 2006, 14:56
Shit, that's tomorrow. I can't dammit. Not enough notice :(

Ozzie
26th July 2006, 15:36
Shit, that's tomorrow. I can't dammit. Not enough notice :(

can you come later? It goes from 5 till 9, come as close to 5 as you can, if you can.

Mental Trousers
26th July 2006, 15:52
May be able to get there for the start of it (I'm literally sitting here looking out the window at the Council buildings it's being held in) but will probably have to leave. Shall see how things go.

Biohazard
26th July 2006, 15:59
Give them shit for me, im going to play if the weathers good:scooter:

kickingzebra
26th July 2006, 16:04
No, you can't go play, we need a pommi whinger to get the message across!!!
LOL I'll be there, see if I can interject any pertinence.

Ixion
26th July 2006, 16:09
May be able to get there for the start of it (I'm literally sitting here looking out the window at the Council buildings it's being held in) but will probably have to leave. Shall see how things go.

That would be good actually. There's a few of us coming down after werrk, but won't get there until after 5. So someone to hold the fort in the first bit would be good. Then the later arrivals can take over from you

Ixion
26th July 2006, 16:11
I can't make it to this one but I'll do my best to get to the Whangarei meeting. friday morning, fuckers.

That's NEXT Friday, 4th August, of course.

I'll try to get to that one. And hopefully the Norfland crew may turn someone out.

'Course, they may be in favour of lower speed limits and low powered bikes, cos then they'll be on more of any even footing :devil2: (that should get them riled up)

Ixion
26th July 2006, 16:26
Wodz the best wyqa then.

leaving Dorkland the Great at 4pm heading to hamihole.

Traffic will be bad, and there's all that shitty 80 and 50 kph bit where they've totally f'ed up SH1.

But there's no way really to aavoid it (SH22 takes too long , we need to be in Hamihole by 5pm or not much after).

But, y'can cross the river at Rangiriri and go down the western side, cross back over at Huntly or Narawhahia . (Te Oraki rd I think it's called)

Is this a Good Idea, given the time of day (and that we're talking bikes). Or a Bad Idea ? Any locals know ?

Qkchk
26th July 2006, 16:33
Would love to join you lot but work and the ATNR prevent me from riding down and listening to a load of:bs:that would only get me brassed off. Give the man a salute on behalf of me.......... thankx

ZeroIndex
26th July 2006, 16:40
LOL I'll be there, see if I can interject any pertinence.
LOL

Well.. I'm gonna show up on my CT110 unless someone decides to pillion me there (the GPX is in the shop until Friday arvo, and that's not even including tank repairs, which I'm told will take a week..)

Biohazard
26th July 2006, 17:14

Bah not my fault you lot live in a pc repressed society :nya:

Fuck it im a cumin now, gonna let loose one of me specials and I dont mean one of me turds either :sick: ....

Tee diddly he..

I'll be the whinger in a suit....Zebra come and get me at work mate.

ZeroIndex
26th July 2006, 17:26
Bah not my fault you lot live in a pc repressed society :nya:

Fuck it im a cumin now, gonna let loose one of me specials and I dont mean one of me turds either :sick: ....

Tee diddly he..

I'll be the whinger in a suit....Zebra come and get me at work mate.
haha, where is your work? the hamilton people can all meet you there LOL!

John Banks
26th July 2006, 19:51
I'm going to try to make it, but with the bike's go at not starting this morning and not having the cage WoF'ed, I may not be able to. We'll see tomorrow.

raster
26th July 2006, 20:05
See youss at Autobahn as Long as no ones Server blows up tomorrow arvo-will be getting there about 4 PM.

I third printing This thread before no go may help uses to keep on the same track.

I have printed out copies of the Auckland and walkato region reports, to take down.

N

Titanium
26th July 2006, 20:11
I am flying in to AKL from Wellywood. Will get there at Hamilhole by 7.00 - 7.30 to catch the last.......

Cheers.....

Ozzie
26th July 2006, 20:18
May i make a humble request?

All those making it down in the first wave, please arive with enuf gas to get to Hamilton, we want to be leaving at 4, not later.

See you there, I'll be on the Katana, with portable attitude!

raster
26th July 2006, 20:27
With the road works its about 1 hour 15 mins

Ixion
26th July 2006, 20:33
I'm going to try to make it, but with the bike's go at not starting this morning and not having the cage WoF'ed, I may not be able to. We'll see tomorrow.

Pillion ? Where you coming from? Pillions are good, more people. Anyone taking a cage?

Ozzie
26th July 2006, 20:45
Pillion ? Where you coming from? Pillions are good, more people. Anyone taking a cage?

Not taking a cage, but willing to take someone on the back if it suits. They will need their own gear of course.

Patch
26th July 2006, 21:18
Ehhh? Excuse meh ignorance, but what is this for? To tired to read the link.

Someone give it to me straight would ya. Ta

Crazy Steve
26th July 2006, 21:18
Whats happening..

Crazy Steve...

Ixion
26th July 2006, 21:22
Woot. you're just the man we need.

MoT (ie LTSA and cops) trying to stitch us up

They've plans for general 80kph speed limit
Demerit points for speed camers
Maximum weight to power ratios for all motorcycles
Bunch of other crap stuff/
Got these stage managed "workshops" with their planted stooges , to ssay "yes, yes, more speed limits please, more traffic cops"

We're going to "disrupt" them

SwanTiger
26th July 2006, 21:23
Whats happening..

Crazy Steve...

You bring the pieces of 4x2 and I'll find some barb'd wire to wrap around the ends.

Crazy Steve
26th July 2006, 21:25
See ya there...

Crazy Steve..

Ixion
26th July 2006, 21:27
Excellent. You got the address?

Maha
26th July 2006, 21:27
You bring the pieces of 4x2 and I'll find some barb'd wire to wrap around the ends.
Thats just plain hooligaism swanny and you know it..........:nono:
I like your way of thinking.......:blip:

Mental Trousers
26th July 2006, 21:31
Don't forget their online forums
http://www.safeas.govt.nz/smf/index.php

Ozzie
26th July 2006, 21:39
Ehhh? Excuse meh ignorance, but what is this for? To tired to read the link.

Someone give it to me straight would ya. Ta

you up with the play now dude?

you gunna join us?

I'm leavin at 4 with a couple of others, believe there is going to be a second wave after 5 if you can't get time off.

Patch
26th July 2006, 21:41
hope so ...................................

John Banks
27th July 2006, 03:10

It's an idea. I'm coming from Morningside, just west of the CBD. Hopefully the bike goes, however.

Ozzie
27th July 2006, 10:30
It's an idea. I'm coming from Morningside, just west of the CBD. Hopefully the bike goes, however.

Where is Morningside? Is it in Hamilton? If so, can one of the Hamilton crew give him a cell number to catch a ride?

Squeak the Rat
27th July 2006, 10:52
Where is Morningside? Is it in Hamilton? If so, can one of the Hamilton crew give him a cell number to catch a ride?
Not even aaaawwwww. It's in Auckland near Mt Eden somwhere....

Ozzie
27th July 2006, 11:14
Not even aaaawwwww. It's in Auckland near Mt Eden somwhere....

OK found it, near St Lukes, anyone going past there that can give John Banks a double if needed?

I am leaving Penrose at 1:30 to go home and prepare, could pick you up John if you want, but would have trouble getting you home again unless someone could drop you off.

The Stranger
27th July 2006, 11:15

Heading down via cage.

Will be able to collect you around 3:15 pm today. Please PM me you address if you would like a ride then.

crashe
27th July 2006, 11:50
Righto..... so who is going and at what times...
Who in a cage... or on bikes??????

Can some one put up a list in here for us all to know... or PM..

as I maybe able to go as well...
Just waiting on RIB to come and collect his oilskin vest that I borrowed off him.

Plus can someone give a brief rundown of what tonight is all about...

PDF takes so long for my poor wee old computer..
Thanks in advance...

Ozzie
27th July 2006, 11:55
Righto..... so who is going and at what times...
Who in a cage... or on bikes??????

Can some one put up a list in here for us all to know... or PM..

Papakura Autobarn - Depart 4pm

Ozzie
Raster
?

Papakura Autobarn - Depart ? (for those that cannot get time off)

?

Ozzie
27th July 2006, 12:04
I have added the first wave to the calendar, leaving 4pm, please indicate there if you will be coming with us.

If there is going to be a second wave (for after work people), someone start another event there so we can have a list/s of all attendees.

Ixion
27th July 2006, 12:18
You can't indicate on the calender, there's nowhere to clicky

I'll be going. Autobahn at 1600.

von Klunken is farting with excitemnt, any mention of an invasion always gets him worked up. Nagging me again about machine guns, his unrequited ambition is to mount twin machine guns. Reckons his great grandfather R75 and his grand uncle Zundapp both had singles, and he wants to be one better.

As I keep telling him, personally I'm all for it, but , practicalities, practicalities. I've checked the BMW parts listings, and all the aftermarket suppliers I can find. Not even a single mount let alone twins. Could be an opportunity there for an entreprenurial type.

Ozzie
27th July 2006, 12:28
If its not showing, I don't know how to make it, can someone help?

Ixion
27th July 2006, 13:10
It's showing on the calendar, but you can't register that y'r going ;'cos there's no clicky to do so.

When you set the calender event up, down the bottom there's a tick box to add the clicky. Don't know whether you can edit an existing one , to add it restrospecively

Ozzie
27th July 2006, 13:18
I did add the clicky thing down the bottom, prob did something else wrong, dunno.

Anyway, I'm leaving work shortly and will be off line, see you at the Autobarn.

John Banks
27th July 2006, 14:23
I should have the cage ready, so I'll be bringing that. Thanks for the offer, CaN, but I always have to visit people when I go down to Hammyhole, so I'll be going back a bit later.

The Pastor
27th July 2006, 14:33
STICK IT TO THE MAN, unfortunaly I cant go (have uni) I expect a full report, 10 bonus points if i read it in the front page of the herald on friday! Now it the time for action!

ZeroIndex
27th July 2006, 16:35
STICK IT TO THE MAN, unfortunaly I cant go (have uni) I expect a full report, 10 bonus points if i read it in the front page of the herald on friday! Now it the time for action!
doubt we'll make herald, but we'll try for a footnote in the Waikato Times :D lol, we'll do our best..

Well, getting ready now.. leathers and CT110 :yes: