PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet stage 2 and more kits?

R6_kid
25th July 2006, 20:23
trying to get my hands on a stage 2 or higher jet kit for my 99 R6, anyone able to help?

bugjuice
25th July 2006, 20:49
tried the usual eBay etc..??

Have a look for velocity stacks too, if you've got the itch for a bit more grunt.. Seems like it..

Sensei
25th July 2006, 21:08
Don't waste ya money they are soft needles that wear out in no time & are a prick to tune . Been there Dude with one of my bikes that I dragged raced , went back to NEW standard factory needles & bike was perfect plus put out more HP then the Dyna jet Kit .

R6_kid
25th July 2006, 21:12
yeh, other option was to purchase a selection of needles based on what i've read from the net.

Im the ebay whore buggy, they only have stage one and stage one CA (california) which im guessing is lesser than normal.

Also looked at dynojet website and couldnt get anything more than stage one which i already have in the bike.

As for velocity stacks, only seen them for 03-05 models, not for my 99-02.

bugjuice
25th July 2006, 21:14
so cut some down..
get a pair or set of stock ones so you don't wreck your set, then just mix and match if they're 2 long 2 short (make 4 short then 4 long and see what happens) then start trimming 5mm off 2 of them etc, and see what works best..

R6_kid
25th July 2006, 21:16
mean rugged styles. I'll put something up in the R6 forums to find out more regarding velocity stacks. You got anything fancy like that on your 636?

bugjuice
25th July 2006, 21:24
most modern bikes have stacks. They can be perceived as basic 'turbos' in the right circumstance, since (now, here's the science part) a particular length of tube (set at which is correct for the air pressure vs ideal rev vs air temp etc), when the inlet valve shuts in the cylinder, the air going into the cylinder is violently stopped, but air is still coming in. This creates pressure. Then the inlet opens, and the pressured air drops in. Then the valve shuts and the pressure builds again. The shorter the stack, the less the pressure. But too long a stack, and it won't have the right effect. Which is best for yours, I don't know. But I know as stock the 636 has two short ones on the outside and two long on the inside. This means that the outer cylinders are better at higher revs (I think) and the inner ones at lower revs.

So, by making them all equal, you'll have all 4 running that little bit more harder, but it'll mean a sacrifice somewhere in the range.

go google it

limbimtimwim
25th July 2006, 21:40
Are untidy, unruly and unorganised. But seem to know their shit.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prody78.html

R6_kid
25th July 2006, 21:57
Are untidy, unruly and unorganised. But seem to know their shit.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prody78.html

oooh baby - jet kits, velocity stacks, ignition advancers!!! Thats what im talking about, cheers man.

limbimtimwim
26th July 2006, 07:41
oooh baby - jet kits, velocity stacks, ignition advancers!!! Thats what im talking about, cheers man.I fitted one of their kits to my VTR250, it was all good. Not hard to set up at all. I just followed their suggestions. I have one for my RVF as well, but I have not fitted it yet.

Lou Girardin
26th July 2006, 16:45
Dynojet list a stage one kit and a stage 7 (race) kit. Which is recommended for engines with K&N filters and aftermarket exhausts. Doesn't sound like race spec to me.
We don't carry it at AMPS. Part No: is 4745.

R6_kid
26th July 2006, 19:31
what sort of price does the stage 7 go for?

Gremlin
27th July 2006, 01:58
Dunno about yamaha specific, but for the Kawasaki, Factory Pro is the better bet. Most dynojet options require drilling or something, whereas the factory pro is a drop in. Got the stage 1 factory pro for my bike sitting in my room right now.

Also looking at an ignition advancer, and put up a thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31051) about them, but didn't manage to bleed out much more info tho. Some may help you...

Anyone feel free to add more info to it tooo :yes:

Lou Girardin
27th July 2006, 08:24
Most dynojet options require drilling or something,

Where did you get this from? The kit I used needed nothing of the sort.

Gremlin
27th July 2006, 17:09
Where did you get this from? The kit I used needed nothing of the sort.
Perhaps it changes from brand to brand, or model... the dynojet for the zx7r is apparently not a drop in.

All knowledge comes from the internet silly. I read it there, so it has to be true :doobey:

R6_kid
28th July 2006, 11:45
factory pro has several different kits for the R6 some which require drilling and others that dont, looking into it but gotta spend some money on the FZR400 first and then get the fairings/tank/bungs for the R6 before i go anywhere near a track again.

bugjuice
7th August 2006, 22:47
mean rugged styles. I'll put something up in the R6 forums to find out more regarding velocity stacks. You got anything fancy like that on your 636?
velocity stacks in my bike.
Two shorter outers, two longer inners..