PDA

View Full Version : Fucking mini-choppers

TygerTung
25th July 2006, 22:12
I'm going down linwood ave in my classic 1975 corolla wagon which is difficult to get parts for as it is 31 years old right, stop at the lights, look in my rear view mirror, see some punk wearing a hoodie on a mini-chopper coming up. He trys to filter up beside, only to fucking hit the side of my car, the thing is so bloody unstable. Shit I was angry, he took off around the corner, not stopping, I pull over after the light turns green and have a look to inspect the damage.

Luckly there was only a black scrape down the side and no panel damage. It didn't bother me too much as I am planning on painting the old girl anyway, but it is just the principle of it.

Am I the only one to think they should be banned for street use? They're bloody dangerous, they all ride like dickheads, giving real bikers a bad name, and they're really low, making them more likely to be unseen by cars.

Didn't even see a plate on the back of this thing, must not have been registered! Idiot.

gamgee
25th July 2006, 22:50
what is with those fools, i was riding to uni a couple of months ago, and one pulled out in front of me, same story, some dick wearing a black hoodie, shorts, no gloves and a motorcross helmet, no number plate and the thing sounded like an enormous lawnmower

oldguy
25th July 2006, 23:00
Its the f**ken Idiots who ride them, was visiting an uncle this afternoon and this f**ken wanker was ripping up and down the street on 1, hand all the gear you need to look cool, shorts, T shirt, trackshoes and sunnys.
Its like they have nothing better to do than rip up and down the street, were are the cops when you want one, up SH16.
got the same problem on my street, but there is also this clown up the road who has an old XR200 who every now and then seem to find the need to roar up and down the street on it, no Helmet sometimes he has a pillian on back feet bloody near dragging on the ground these are the people that stuff it up for us.

mynameis
25th July 2006, 23:26
Anyone who rides one of those shits is a little cunt, you should have followed him and rear ended him at low speeds and taken off mate simple. I seriously would have done exactly that aye.

R6_kid
25th July 2006, 23:32
next time open the door and say that you didnt see him, as he isnt registered for using it on the road he would in my opinion become liable for all damages incurred.

Quartida
25th July 2006, 23:33
Hear hear.

Hate 'em.

Too small, too whiny, too often driven by inconsiderate maniacs.

sexy beast
26th July 2006, 00:17
same feelings here. these idiots think they know all about riding a bike....not EVEN CLOSE!!! and the bloody law does nothing....they should be banned on the road. we sweat our ARSES in getting a LEARNERS then RESTRICTED then FULL not to mention the COST of all the right GEAR and what do these fools do....well the law says "you can ride anything under 50cc with a drivers license..BLOODY HELL...thats just aint FAIR!!!!.....and you can get these things registered for only $150...bloody stupid LAW....talk about double standards!!!!

I was under the impression that a law is being put through to say that a rider has to be sat a certain height from the ground, thereby killing all minichoppers

maybe not though

scumdog
26th July 2006, 00:32
It is people of the same ilk as those that buy minichoppers that buy 'soft-air' BB guns, - for the same reasons.
They can't afford the real thing and they can't get their shit together enough to get the licence needed to use the real thing.

And it ruins it for the rest of us.

Da Bird
26th July 2006, 00:40
Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).

BC

sexy beast
26th July 2006, 00:51
Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).
WOW...now thats a real police chase....yea thats rite BC....that would be Otara...he even did a runner. whats worse! so did you confiscate the chopper!!!

Bob
26th July 2006, 02:39
These mini-bikes were becoming a serious problem over here as well. Thankfully things are being done about them:

http://www.voy.com/149140/2497.html

jazbug5
26th July 2006, 03:13
A quote from the forum Bob's linked to:

"Worst example here was last week,idiot not only cut across an oncoming bus and went down a one-way street the wrong way but all the while had a 10 month old baby wedged between himself and the tank!!He`s got a list of traffic offences to answer and being done for putting a child at risk of bodily harm as well,good chance he`ll go down."

Looks like our WT has some competition out there..!

Blackbird
26th July 2006, 07:41
Scumdog is spot on - the riders all seem to look the same too. Maybe it's a modern version of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers":gob: There's a complete tosser weaving all over the road just north of Thames every time I go up to Coromandel, complete with hoodie an' all. He puts everyone at risk, not only himself. I never thought I'd bag other bikes and bikers, but those things are bloody dangerous.

apteryx_haasti
26th July 2006, 07:48
I've seen them in Wgtn riding down Willis Street sandwiched between buses. Ooops, sorry mate - didn't see you down there [squelch].

Every time I see one, I just shake my head in amazement that those stupid things are allowed on the road. What were the people who decided that thinking?

Also saw one in the 80 kph part of Eastern Hutt Road. Going at least 80. Safety gear? Jeans, shirt and....ummmm...baseball cap.... Yeah, that'll work.

I hate those damn things.

avgas
26th July 2006, 07:51
Its only a matter of time untill the get their face planted into a licence plate

Harry33
26th July 2006, 08:15
Its only a matter of time untill the get their face planted into a licence plate

I have to agree, and once we have a few deaths i'm sure there will be a public out cry and them the powers that be will probably ban the damn things from the road.

Dooly
26th July 2006, 08:20
I have'nt seen many around here, but the few I have caught me by surprise as they were up the arse of the car ahead of them and their helmets never even were above the boot of the car.
No wonder people cant see them.

Lou Girardin
26th July 2006, 08:20
next time open the door and say that you didnt see him, as he isnt registered for using it on the road he would in my opinion become liable for all damages incurred.

You're sure of all this?
And you'd be willing to be charged as a result of opening your door on him to prove a point?

Motu
26th July 2006, 08:40
So the A & E are full of mini chopper riders with serious injuries? Anyone got any figures to back up these dangerous claims?

Or are you lot just out to spoil someone elses fun?

Buddha#81
26th July 2006, 08:59
I'm going down linwood ave in my classic 1975 corolla wagon which is difficult to get parts for as it is 31 years old right, stop at the lights, look in my rear view mirror, see some punk wearing a hoodie on a mini-chopper coming up. He trys to filter up beside, only to fucking hit the side of my car, the thing is so bloody unstable. Shit I was angry, he took off around the corner, not stopping, I pull over after the light turns green and have a look to inspect the damage.

Luckly there was only a black scrape down the side and no panel damage. It didn't bother me too much as I am planning on painting the old girl anyway, but it is just the principle of it.

Am I the only one to think they should be banned for street use? They're bloody dangerous, they all ride like dickheads, giving real bikers a bad name, and they're really low, making them more likely to be unseen by cars.

Didn't even see a plate on the back of this thing, must not have been registered! Idiot.

The chopper dude probably thought you POS rolla was abandoned on the side of the road or couldn't see it through the blue haze. Geezzzz I hope the chopper dude is OK. You could have invited him to the Battle of Buckets later in the year. Anyway who would ever think of riding in a hoody you would have to be a total dipshit, even with leathers over the top:nya:

MWVT
26th July 2006, 09:16
So the A & E are full of mini chopper riders with serious injuries? Anyone got any figures to back up these dangerous claims?

Hear Hear, but i still hate those damn things. Annoying as they are though, i really struggle to see how they put anyone other than themselves in any serious danger. And since when were we on our high horse about danger.

Freakshow
26th July 2006, 09:32

BC
Once you caught him you could have picked up and tied it in place on the back of the beemer and taken off with it!!

HenryDorsetCase
26th July 2006, 10:49

BC

could you not get the Glock out of the holster while riding?

a couple of 9mm slugs through the head would ensure he didnt spread his genes any further, and you could have saved a bunch of paperwork.

PuppetMaster
26th July 2006, 12:23
Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).BC

buwhahaha, pawned by a little chopper.:yes:

XR250 Si
26th July 2006, 13:45
Glad I'm not the only one who hates the little pricks. There's even a giant gym monkey that rides one near work... although I haven't seen him about for some time. I'm guessing it was his toy I saw absolutely munted on Ponsonby Road a couple of months back. Looked like his face print in the side of the car he hit. The ambulance was in no hurry to leave.

How on earth they can be road legal is beyond me too. If you can register one of those, then why can't you register a quad bike?

sAsLEX
26th July 2006, 14:22

Nope you would I reckon, same if you had of opened the door into a bicylist, you gotta make sure you wont injure anyone before opening your door

HenryDorsetCase
26th July 2006, 14:36
How on earth they can be road legal is beyond me too. If you can register one of those, then why can't you register a quad bike?

Ive seen a road reqistered quad bike: a milkman had it. dont know what it was registered as .....

Da Bird
26th July 2006, 16:43
could you not get the Glock out of the holster while riding?

a couple of 9mm slugs through the head would ensure he didnt spread his genes any further, and you could have saved a bunch of paperwork.

Maybe someone will give me a Taser soon... but I'm sure there will be plenty of paperwork to go with it.

Qkchk
26th July 2006, 17:12
Ive seen a road reqistered quad bike: a milkman had it. dont know what it was registered as .....
I think they come under the same category as a tractor......... there is a farm quad bike that zooms around Cornwall Park (One tree hill) thats road regestered. Cornwall Park is actually a farm becides a tourist attraction.

Biohazard
26th July 2006, 17:24
I was under the impression that a law is being put through to say that a rider has to be sat a certain height from the ground, thereby killing all minichoppers

maybe not though

Helen Clarke couldnt pass a decent law if fucking drove past with a cock hanging out...fucking ugly retard needs shooting along with thoose c*nts on mini-choppers....they hoon about Hamitron lake like a bunch of twats, fookin baseball bat time me thinks.

sAsLEX
26th July 2006, 17:50
Helen Clarke couldnt pass a decent law if fucking drove past with a cock hanging out...fucking ugly retard needs shooting along with thoose c*nts on mini-choppers....they hoon about Hamitron lake like a bunch of twats, fookin baseball bat time me thinks.

whats the movie with adam sandler when he takes his kid to the park to get roller bladers with sticks................

Vagabond
26th July 2006, 18:38

I'm with Motu on this one, I wouldv'e given my left ball to have one of those when I was a youngster!

How cool that wooda been:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

:nya:

Biohazard
26th July 2006, 18:48
I'm with Motu on this one, I wouldv'e given my left ball to have one of those when I was a youngster!

How cool that wooda been:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

:nya:

So you would have hooned about like a c*nt and disturbed the piece and ripped up park land then? which is what im kinda getting from you and Motu....

MidnightMike
26th July 2006, 19:04
I reckon they are stupid too, just do what i do, when one goes past thinking hes big bikey man and tries to wave to you as you go past return him the fingers. :nya:

Ixion
26th July 2006, 19:33
So you would have hooned about like a c*nt and disturbed the piece and ripped up park land then? which is what im kinda getting from you and Motu....

Um, ah, uh, well, of course, I mean , SHIT YEAH

Motu
26th July 2006, 19:41
So you would have hooned about like a c*nt and disturbed the piece and ripped up park land then?

And you had something better to do at that age?

Biohazard
26th July 2006, 20:40
And you had something better to do at that age?

yeah I was playing Rugby and cricket for Hampshire (UK)...and drag racing :blip:

next..........................

Vagabond
26th July 2006, 21:20
Shit yeah I was young, invincible and always a cunt! :first:

Those were the days, unfortunately Iv'e grown outta that now!
:whocares:

scumdog
26th July 2006, 21:26

I agree - what's the problem with them? - it's having too much fun?

It's too dangerous? (Like what you do ISN'T?)

It's not the bikes, it's the riders and how they behave, sure some of them ride like dicks - like a lot of KBers.

What a bunch of grinches.

(Gimme my soft-air Glock)

Buster
26th July 2006, 21:49
People get squashed for doing silly shit on big bikes too remember.

Mini choppers are gay but its also the riders choice for their lack of safety gear, type of bike, and riding behaviour. Just like us.

brit-bloke
26th July 2006, 22:29
I live in Orakei/mission bay and there's heaps of them round here pit bikes too all with no helmet but the magic hoodie that will save you from untold injuries...So I'm ditchin the alpines hoodies are the way to go... :brick: Somepeople never learn :angry2:

adiddy
27th July 2006, 14:55
most the guys that ride these thigns are dicks.... thinking they always have the right of way etc...
I have ridden one and it is very low, unsafe- and to think they let their kids ride these things?!

Bulldog
27th July 2006, 15:35
They're only as dangerous as the dudes riding them and they're the only ones who are going to get mamed when they come a croppa while not wearing the right gear.

If we really want to start on about the protective gear I'd have to point out scooters which have become so popular now as petrol prices are souring are terrible for gear. For some reason people think because they don't do 100kph that they don't need the same protection as big bikes! It's fucking mad. I've come off my mini moto at 40-50kph and taken the skin off my knees, luckily I was wearing helmet, gloves and leather jacket though!

I agree that they shouldn't be on the road but hey, they are and only once kids are getting killed on them will things change. Hate the rider not the bike.

WRT
27th July 2006, 15:47
whats the movie with adam sandler when he takes his kid to the park to get roller bladers with sticks................

Big Daddy.

And I wouldnt mind having a hoon around on a mini chopper, just not on the street in amounst traffic. Maybe in an empty car park or something.

And I think that to road register a quad, one of the requisites is having a split diff rather than a solid rear axle. Which not all models have, I remember it was an issue for the Great Barrier Is locals when they finally made us have WOF's.

Hmmm. Three topics in one post . . .

*DING* - Next!

Squeak the Rat
27th July 2006, 15:53
As a car driver I hate those damn bikes - they appear out of nowhere, you can't see them in traffic. All the guys riding them think they are soooo cool. All dressed the same way. Their machines are noisy, and some even mess with them to make them even noisier. They ride around with scant regard for the law.

Bloody hypocrites - i'm talking about you lot :nya:

BeakerRAT
27th July 2006, 15:57
As a car driver I hate those damn bikes - they appear out of nowhere, you can't see them in traffic. All the guys riding them think they are soooo cool. All dressed the same way. Their machines are noisy, and some even mess with them to make them even noisier. They ride around with scant regard for the law.

Bloody hypocrites - i'm talking about you lot :nya:

LOL - Now that's a thread stopper!

Swoop
27th July 2006, 16:37
Great... just like the comments on morning radio the other day. People who open car doors will get charged for doing so... if the cops aren't too tied up with speeding drivers...

It is also interesting to note that there has been a definate decrease in the usage of mini-choppers recently (in my area of the neighbourhood). Possibly due to the weather? With warmer weather they will return.

Quartida
28th July 2006, 00:01
I agree - what's the problem with them? - it's having too much fun?
It's too dangerous? (Like what you do ISN'T?)
It's not the bikes, it's the riders and how they behave, sure some of them ride like dicks - like a lot of KBers.
What a bunch of grinches.

Sorry, I have to disagree with those of you who are calling us killjoys.

I couldn't give a rat's whether mini choppers are a danger to themselves, from not wearing any gear or whatever. Gear, as has been mentioned, is all up to the biker (though I would think they'd be required to wear helmets if they can be road registered, and I CERTAINLY don't agree with those that choose not to wear a helmet).

However, my problem with them is far more selfish (as problems often are). They are a danger to ME.

They slip in behind you/beside you/around you without you even noticing. I check my blind spot EVERY time I make a move in a car, because I know about the dangers to bikers from cage drivers who assume the road is clear. But mini choppers sit in a blind spot that will always be blind, no matter what I do.

Having to brake suddenly or change direction to avoid pwning the mini chopper that is suddenly at my side - well, sorry if it makes me a killjoy, but I think that's dangerous. For me.

ZeroIndex
28th July 2006, 05:51
since they are so low, my calculating has given me statistical evidence, that a swift downward kick to the left or right shoulder (depending on minichomper side), should send the *sidiot into other traffic/ditch/anywhere but here :D

*Silly idiot

07fatboy
26th August 2006, 01:07

Can i put my 2 cent in here brothers,I agree with most coments on here, how ever i have 1 of these 200 cc versions 2.3 metres long blah blah but im a responsible person...i dont tear around doing the crazy shit here like those idiots maybe if i was about 20 years younger,, wouldnt have you guys ,young dumb full of come..boys will be boys untill you have a big stack...my guess this will blow over as quick as it started accidents,fines and deaths will take care of that should die of in a few monthswhen the next big toy comes along just a vote for those fo us who like and wish we had 1 20 years ago aight....btw im ex tokovegus born rotovegus raised livin in arsetralian west island now

granma2
26th August 2006, 11:44

If that had been my partner he probably would have given chase and scared the livings daylights out of him. Not the best solution.....but.... maybe some of these idiots need a bit of "primary justice" by some of us real bikers.