PDA

View Full Version : xr200 modifiactions

silverracer
26th July 2006, 10:32
does anyone know of any xr200 modifications to the frame(changing to a lighter frame) or another rolling frame. where one can have disc brakes on the front and rear

Motu
26th July 2006, 10:48
You are stuck with the drum rear brake - but you can bolt on an XR250 front end,even CR if you can find one cheap.Best thing is to find an old MX bike with a blown or missing motor (a lot go into karts) and bolt your XR200 motor into.Best would be a CR125,but I've seen them in WR200s,KDX too.Big job,but you get great handling and suspension with a really nice indestructable motor.

Brian d marge
28th July 2006, 16:48
and bolt your XR200 motor into.Best would be a CR125,but I've seen them in WR200s,KDX too.Big job,but you get great handling and suspension with a really nice indestructable motor.

I am just looking into the very same ,,,,and it IS a big Job the XR motors are mounted differentlt so th CR fame has to be Extensive ly modded

What I would like is a well sprung, light bike with a very soft power output , for the Enduros ,,,,

I have been lurking with me tape measure ,,,and the XR into CR can be done ( google ) but isnt an easy swap

Stephen