PDA

View Full Version : Race Report - MR

Motoracer
6th June 2004, 18:17
For the whole time, I had kept my mind completly blank to stop myself from stressing out about it all. On Friday afternoon I came back home after lunch and started putting my bike together. I finished by about 7 and left Auckland with all the gear with Andrew. We reached Taupo at about midnight after clocking the van somewhere along straight roads.

Next morning, had a nice shower then had a nice coffee that slim made for us. Me and Andrew left the motel and went to the track. As we parked at the pits, I had just realised that I had left my race licence along with my backpack at the motel! Thanx to Maduck, I got the backpack back and got myself sussed for going racing.

The individual who had previously denied my application to F2 was still stuck on her point about not letting me do anything but clubmans to begin with. She said that she’ll see how well I’d do then she’ll think about it. From then on in my mind, I had something that I needed to prove.

After riders briefing, all the novice riders that included me got to go around the track for the first time. The weather was quite nice. It was cloudy and the track was wet (which I don't mind at all). I went on the track and it felt really nice. I was in full control of the bike along with each and every slide that I was having. I must have done about 5 laps and I was really confident. Comming around after finishing my 6th lap, I got my knee down at the hairpin in the wet and thought "Sweet, I am warming up well". Then I came around the little right hander and then the Ses. As I was exiting the Ses, I looked at the stands for a split second for some reason and before I knew it, I was helmet surfing on my new Suomy!

I picked up my self and the marshals picked the bike up. I was unscratched so I just followed the marshals as they told me where to go. We went over to the pits and looked at the bike and it was basically unmarked apart from a graze on the stator cover. It also had some minor scratches on the bottom half of the fairing only, all thanks to the crash bungs.

Apparently I did a high side/low side acording to some people that were watching. Almost a highside but it didn’t kick me off hard since it was wet. . I went over the bike and hit my head hard on the track. I had just shifted to 4th and powering up for the straight and lost the back real quick along with the front almost instantly. No one could really discribe it all that well to me so I guess its just one of thoes things that I can expect to happen while I am learning and experimenting with the bike on the track.

That person who was stopping me from going into F2 was now even more stuck on the point since I had obviously made a big dick out of myself by being the first person to crash on the first very few laps on the day. My confidence was down as well so I had no intention of fighting back so I thougth that it was probably for the best.

I borrowed a helmet from KK and got to go on the track again. Thanx man! This time round it was basically all dry but I was going real slow. I went in for another round of practice and picked up the pace a little bit.

Practice was over and the racing began. I watched everyone that I knew race which was really cool. It was now Race 7 and I was on Que for basically what I had been waiting for all my life. Well, not clubmans to be exact but just the racing part. "Motoracer" really defines who I am I think, specially now... I am not commenting on my riding ability or anything like that but something about racing just feels right to me and I feel at home with it.

After 2 laps of warm up we lined up for the 1st round of Clubmans. I was in neutral and was just checking the helmet strap as the green flag went down. lol I was like oooops! Anyway, I clicked it in 1st and basically used my unfair power advantage over the smaller bikes in clubmans and went into midfield by turn one. Half way through the track I was in second and just after that I got the lead. I was thinking that I would be nervous when I race but it was the coolest feeling in the world! For the first time in my life, I was riding fast for a cause. I just did the best 6 laps I could and almost ended up lapping most of the clubbies after crossing the chequred flag. I came in and was given the pat on the back by everyone which was really nice!!

Frosty had a chat with that person holding me back from F2 and she continued to not let me go into F2 and be rude to me aswell. She obviously had no backup from any of the officials so in the end I was allowed to go in with the F2 guys! YAY!!

I was all excited and did my warm up laps with the rest of the F2 guys which was really cool. We lined up and again when I wasn’t ready, the green flag went down… Not that it really mattered cause I was told to start from way at the back. They also told me that I was on watch and if anything at all happened that was out of ordinary even a little bit, I’d get done. I just followed thoes guys in F2 and it felt like the coolest feeling I have had while riding a bike. I wasn’t falling back too far behind on most places except for the hairpin where I later found out that I was using the wrong gear which made me loose about at least a second or two each time. Coming around after a few laps I saw 2 bikes go down big time. That was very ugly… One of the bikes was munted real bad. It just made me realise how lucky I was cause it was possible for my bike to end up like that as well. The bank owns more than half of my bike still so if I was to total it, I can’t even imagine what would happen after that…

We got a race restart and we went around again. Again I was coming last but it felt WAY better than coming first in Clubmans. Just watching these guys ride improved my own riding heaps!

After I finished, a few more races went ahead then the weather turned real crap. It started pissing down real hard and the racing was cancled. We packed up and headed back to town center and had a chat over a beer before having an interesting trip up but that’s another story (it didn’t include any illigal activity btw)

The post is already too long but there were so many cool things that happened and its impossible to discribe it all without writing a book about it lol. I really enjoyed the Taupo circuit and I rate it as a much more enjoyable and entertaining track than Pukekohe. Personally I think it absolutly was a perfect first race meeting for me. I am still feeling sooo cool right now just from the entire experience, it was just amazing. I know that that experience was only the tip of the iceburg in terms of speed, crashes, racing/dicing with each other etc. so there are a lot of things to look forward to and some things to hope that it will never happen. I just can’t wait to get my self organised and actually start fiddeling my bike to set it up and get some more practice to get the pace for F2.

It wouldn’t have been all possible if it wasn’t for some people who have helped me out so much so I would just like to thank them for what they have done. I would like to thank my Brother for introducing me to bikes and encouraging me every step of the way and helping me out financially. I would like to thank FireFight for the help he has given me every step of the way. Andrew mate, you made this race meeting possible by coming with me to the track and helping me out so much. Also your company made the whole trip really enjoyable. Frosty, thanx for giving me that final nudge to get my shit together and get sorted for the race day and your encouragement all the way along. Thanx White trash for the help in getting me the bike sorted with advises and the tires. There are a few more people who have made it all possible for me and I thank them with all my heart. You are all great people and I appreciate every thing that you have done for me. :)

James Deuce
6th June 2004, 18:25
Rock On mate!!

Sounds like you had a great time despite the off. Looking forward to your National F2 championship, and some more great write ups! :)

Ghost Lemur
6th June 2004, 19:20
Glad to hear you (and your baby) were unhurt. Just think you've got the first-crash-itis out of the way nice and quick. Good to hear you were still able to progress up to F2.

It's you in the white and blue leathers in SP's pics, isn't? If so, nice knee down. New avatar maybe. :D

FROSTY
6th June 2004, 19:36
GOOD ONYA MATE
I would like to officially make a prediction here
I see another Stroudey a comeing.

As I said to ya a lot of people dont go back out after an off on their pride and joy.That took guts mate :banana: :banana:

Quasievil
6th June 2004, 20:40
i enjoyed reading that thread MR well done mate, hope you can be all you want to be in racing, after seeing you ride I certainly believe you will be!!!!

Racey Rider
6th June 2004, 21:06
It wouldn’t have been all possible if it wasn’t for some people who have helped me out so much so I would just like to thank them for what they have done.

Hope that includes ME!
I put a lot of effort into improveing your riding by pokeing the stick! :Pokey:

Just glad to see your not gunner be raceing in My class. :rolleyes:

Give it heaps. :niceone:
Racey.

SPman
6th June 2004, 22:25
You got a few 1st's out of the way, mate. Your riding was slowly improving over the day as you got your confidence back after the off. There was a bit of official "concern", but the final analysis was, youve got to learn some time and, as you say, its better to be at the back of F2, learning, than cruising around the front of clubmans.
Now, for the next race meet!

erik
6th June 2004, 23:29
Far out, that was a cool write up, I enjoyed the read :).

It must've taken a lot of guts and determination to keep going after the off. Good on ya :niceone:

Motoracer
7th June 2004, 09:14
Cheers guys :)

Ms Piggy
7th June 2004, 09:20
What an excellent write! I can feel your excitment coming off the pages/screen! Good on ya :2thumbsup Proud but not arrogant! Nice to see.

Firefight
7th June 2004, 09:29
Fuck what can I say, great write up, you got the makings of a bike Jurno as well as a great racer !! :niceone: You are going to be bloody hard to catch on the road now :wacko: . Glad it all went well, look forward to a blat with you soon.

Firefight :wacko:

Cajun
7th June 2004, 09:32
Great write up Moto, you looked good out there.

Keep up the good work

Andrew
7th June 2004, 10:03
Yes you truely were a Motoracer. Thanks for making my weekend so cool, I'll be looking forward to next time.
BTW I see you've graduated from Wannabe racer! :cool:

Coldkiwi
7th June 2004, 11:59
on ya mate!!! does this mean I'll have to wally around in clubmans too when i finally get my A into G???

Motoracer
7th June 2004, 12:31
on ya mate!!! does this mean I'll have to wally around in clubmans too when i finally get my A into G???

Na, I'll put a good word in there for you and tell em how fast you are!

sAsLEX
7th June 2004, 12:37
Sounds like you had a good weekend MR, will have to come and watch the next time you go out on the track!

babyB
7th June 2004, 14:35
Good on ya mate was good to see you out there MR & doing so well. cool write up too. i got som good pix of you too. ill put them up when i work out how

Coldkiwi
7th June 2004, 14:47
sweet as dude :) I think you're keen starting at Taupo. I'd be much happier doing ,my first round at pukekohe because at least I know the track.

Motoracer
7th June 2004, 15:02
sweet as dude :) I think you're keen starting at Taupo. I'd be much happier doing ,my first round at pukekohe because at least I know the track.

That's what I thought as well but you get practice runs in the morning which is enough to get a basic idea of the track. During the race or practice you can just try to follow the racers who know what they are doing through the technical bits and you'll be sorted. Get racing asap man! :niceone:

k14
7th June 2004, 15:13
Sorry to hear about your crash but glad you weren't injured or anything. Good to hear you had a pretty good day, can only go up from here.

750Y
7th June 2004, 19:31
congrats MR, primo

amylou
7th June 2004, 20:14
Shot Bro good on ya :cool:
bummer to hear about your new helmet but better that than your head aye!!
keep racing man ill try to see ya next time

:bleh: AmyLou :bleh:

Two Smoker
7th June 2004, 20:44
Awesome MR, absolutely awesome, great too hear that you had a great time, and your off wasnt too bad....

So i guess you will be waiting even longer at the intersections for me :(

Will be keen for a ride with you in the weekend if your keen :niceone:

Still utterly fucked off i wasnt there racing, but will hopefully get to one of the manfield races :niceone:

Slim
9th June 2004, 10:16
It was great to meet you, MR, and nice to see you get out into F2 finally after cleaning up the Clubmans. :D

See you at Manfeild! :sunny:

Zed
12th June 2004, 16:48
Congrats on your win MR! :2thumbsup

I'm a bit behind the times...got to talking to Andrew today and he filled me in on your trip to Taupo.

Zed

andy1
13th June 2004, 01:40
hey man, good job on the awesome racing! and good luck for the next race! the racing here in Japan rocks! the bikes are amazing too, hopefully i might be racing next month, keep the good racing up, seeu.

Motoracer
13th June 2004, 08:28
hey man, good job on the awesome racing! and good luck for the next race! the racing here in Japan rocks! the bikes are amazing too, hopefully i might be racing next month, keep the good racing up, seeu.

Yea thanx man! Goodluck with your racing as well. Don't forget to send us thoes pics! :niceone:

HDTboy
29th March 2007, 16:37
Thread Ressurection!!!!!!!

White trash
29th March 2007, 17:02
Thread Ressurection!!!!!!!
Get a fucking job Gav!

cowpoos
29th March 2007, 20:16
He has a new job, just needs a house to live in. I dunno, he has too much time on his hands.
may be he should go get a hair cut to kill some time!!!

HDTboy
29th March 2007, 23:09
I just thought I'd dredge this and Chris's thread up to show that MotoRacer and Two Smoker were once humans learning how to race too, and that anyone who's keen enough can get into it fairly easily.

These boys are both Fast now, but two years ago......

WT, I start my job on Monday
Speedy, I move into a place tomorrow
Poos, Fuck off, I didn't get a haircut when Kate asked, and she's better looking than you

cowpoos
29th March 2007, 23:26
Poos, Fuck off, I didn't get a haircut when Kate asked, and she's better looking than you

I'ld debate that mate!!

cowpoos
30th March 2007, 00:38
I hope you got infracted like I did for dredging a thread!
did it hurt?????????

Matt Bleck
4th April 2007, 09:40
WT, I start my job on Monday

hmmmm, let me guess....... your the Simon Le bon look-a-like in the Duran Duran tribute band!!!!

Keystone19
4th April 2007, 09:54
hmmmm, let me guess....... your the Simon Le bon look-a-like in the Duran Duran tribute band!!!!

Actually that's not a bad likeness...if you kind of squint a bit and hold yer head on an angle...

Matt Bleck
4th April 2007, 09:58
Actually that's not a bad likeness...if you kind of squint a bit and hold yer head on an angle...

And he try's to make out like he doesn't know who Simon Le Bon is.... "girls on film... da da da... da da da... girls on film..."

Keystone19
4th April 2007, 10:49
And he try's to make out like he doesn't know who Simon Le Bon is.... "girls on film... da da da... da da da... girls on film..."

Now you are just showing yer age...

The_Dover
4th April 2007, 10:54

that looks more like poo's if you ask me.

scracha
5th April 2007, 18:22

Oh is that the one with the video of the models who have their breasticles out that was banned....and I mean properly banned. I didn't see the vid until about 4 years ago. $hit song tho...remember it when I were a wee laddie.

cowpoos
5th April 2007, 20:12
that looks more like poo's if you ask me.
and your a fat bitch!!! hows ya bowflex???