PDA

View Full Version : HDTboy race report, Actrix round three

HDTboy
28th July 2006, 12:51
The day started off washing the previous days mud from my bike.

Due to my general lack of organisation I missed post-classic qualifying, then heard the call for F3 qualifying, and shot out to the dummy grid. When I started going past other bikes quickly, I realised that I'd joined clubmans by mistake. I came in and went straight back out again in F3 qualifying, I placed 19th on the grid, 0.08 seconds slower than Texmo.

1st race, Post Classics: Started from the back of the grid, and had an awesome battle with Flames' man Tony, and another couple of bikes. On the last corner of the last lap I tried going around the outside of a motard bike, and found him pushing me wider and wider. Shit! Mud! Again! I was a meter wide of the ripple strip exiting the corner and realised that if I backed off the throttle the front would sink into the mud, I kept the throttle open and had a wicked tank slapper when I rejoined at pitlane headed straight for the end of pit wall. Finished the race safely and was congratulatedfor staying upright, by Graeme Billington who passed me while I was off track.

2nd race F3: Started ok, then saw Texmo out of the corner of my eye going into the hairpin on the back section during the second lap. Seeing as i didn't want to be passed by him on a 250, I upped the pace into the next corner. The problem with this train of thought was that the line I'd now set myself up with put me off the track halfway along the ripple strip on the corner exit. I dropped a lap waiting for a marshall to help me lift my bike, rejoined the race and cruised to the finish.

3rd race Post Classics:The only thing I remember about this race was seeing FRizzerman parked on the back section and feeling bad for him

4th race F3: This was the race of the day. Got off to an ok start, then found myself behind Dillon Telford on an RGV250, I managed to pass him at the hairpin on the back section twice, and could see Texmo behind me again, DT was getting past me on the front straight each lap, then putting more ground between us on the middle straight, I'd catch him in the back section each time and get in front of him there too. On the last lap, I got in front of him in the same place again, and Tex managed to as well, then the cheeky prick managed to stick it up the inside of me in the same place as I crashed in the previous race, I tried using my power advantage to go around the outside of him, but he had less metres to cover. While he was finalising the pass, I thought "damn he looks cool doing that, I bet I look just as cool." Texmo, myself, and DT finished in that order with less than half a second between the three of us.

5th race Post Classics:Got yet another average start, then spent both laps battling with a guy on an old Macintosh, the highlight of this race was my motor chewing itself to bits while I wrang its neck. I called it a day after that and went ot watch the rest of the days racing.

Low point of the day was seeing Texmos bike being pushed into the pits in many pieces.

Funniest point of the day was Bruce trying to make his bike look as good as mine after the last F1 race.

Big thanks to: Texmo for the ride down, Hooks for putting Texmo and I up on the Friday night, Cibby for her warmth, Nicko for his front tyre, Fizzerman and Mikey for being good bastards, Bruce and Dss3 for being good bastards, and Vtec for my new avatar

Also Huge thanks to Gary Pendelton from GP motorcycles in The Mount. Without Gary, Texmo wouldn't have been able to race on Saturday

vtec
28th July 2006, 13:20
About fricken time. Was waiting for your one for ages. Next time I'll have to beat you in F3 to get some more feature time in your writeup :P Good to see you out there going hard.

Keystone19
28th July 2006, 13:25
Big thanks to: Texmo for the ride down, Hooks for putting Texmo and I up on the Friday night, Cibby for her warmth, Nicko for his front tyre, Fizzerman and Mikey for being good bastards, Bruce and Dss3 for being good bastards, and Vtec for my new avatar

Also Huge thanks to Gary Pendelton from GP motorcycles in The Mount. Without Gary, Texmo wouldn't have been able to race on Saturday

Oi, what about me for arranging for you to obtain Cibby's warmth?

Now I feel all left out in the cold, who's going to warm me up?

Great write up, I must try and get out there before the end of the series.

And as for the mud, I've heard it's great for the complexion...

cowpoos
28th July 2006, 13:47
hehe....you probally almost qualify for team muppet racing...lol!! good effort bro...no fear!!!!

Cibby
28th July 2006, 14:15
hahahah your welcome.. :)

nice report.. i heard that everyone crashed!! bummer about that, hope the bike is ok???

skelstar
28th July 2006, 14:16
It was good to meet you mate. Youre quite the regular at Manfield now huh? :)

texmo
28th July 2006, 17:13
4th race F3: This was the race of the day. Got off to an ok start, then found myself behind Dillon Telford on an RGV250, I managed to pass him at the hairpin on the back section twice, and could see Texmo behind me again, DT was getting past me on the front straight each lap, then putting more ground between us on the middle straight, I'd catch him in the back section each time and get in front of him there too. On the last lap, I got in front of him in the same place again, and Tex managed to as well, then the cheeky prick managed to stick it up the inside of me in the same place as I crashed in the previous race, I tried using my power advantage to go around the outside of him, but he had less metres to cover. While he was finalising the pass, I thought "damn he looks cool doing that, I bet I look just as cool." Texmo, myself, and DT finished in that order with less than half a second between the three of us.

Man best time on the track though out the day for sure was way better than winning.

Goblin
28th July 2006, 17:19
Well done Gonzo Gav!! The last race was wicked to watch! That battle between the three of you was really cool to see. I cant wait to get out there too!!:blip:

cowpoos
28th July 2006, 18:01
hahahah your welcome.. :)

nice report.. i heard that everyone crashed!! bummer about that, hope the bike is ok???
I didn't crash doll!!! what you talkin bout!

R6_kid
28th July 2006, 18:25
lol, was wondering when you would put it up gav! Did the girls end up coming to watch?

Mental Trousers
28th July 2006, 18:26
Should've smeared mud on your bike just to fit in poos.

bugjuice
28th July 2006, 19:32
cool write up..
seems like you had a bit of a laugh..

so how did your motor chew itself to bits then? how dead is it?

sugilite
29th July 2006, 11:37
Great write up Gav!
Had you thought about competing in the motard class? :blip:

Two Smoker
29th July 2006, 18:51
Wicked stuff Gav... Obviously the "one valve" wasnt the only problem hehehe... Give us a yell if you need a hand with that... Top effort mate :niceone:

babyB
30th July 2006, 01:22
cool write up HDT good on ya

HDTboy
31st July 2006, 10:30
Keystone: Thanks for arranging Cibbys warmth for me
Skelstar: I wish I could afford it
Goblin: I can't wait either
Gareth: They came, they texted, they buggered off again
Bug: I don't think it liked running while on its side, it's pretty dead at the mo
TS: Cheers for the offer, I told you my plan yesterday