PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - 03 GSXR1000

Marknz
7th June 2004, 15:45
For Sale - '03 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Due to personal circumstances, I need to sell the Gixxer in a hurry, so if you're in need of a newish bike or you know someone who is, then lead them in my direction.

Silver, 3760km, full tint double bubble screen, Two Brothers Racing end can, stick on tank protector plus original screen and original end can.

All serious offers considered.

Cheers

Deano
7th June 2004, 15:52
For Sale - '03 Suzuki GSXR1000

Due to personal circumstances, I need to sell the Gixxer in a hurry, so if you're in need of a newish bike or you know someone who is, then lead them in my direction.

Silver, 3760km, full tint double bubble screen, Two Brothers Racing end can stick on tank protector plus original screen and original end can.

All serious offers considered.

Cheers

Whats this then ?

Haven't been long back from a good ride with you today - could it be that you loved the sound of a throaty V-Twin so much that you will revert ? :msn-wink:

wkid_one
7th June 2004, 16:02
Ahh -hemmm - how much pray tell?

Marknz
7th June 2004, 16:41
Whats this then ?

Haven't been long back from a good ride with you today - could it be that you loved the sound of a throaty V-Twin so much that you will revert ? :msn-wink:

Yea, well V-twins have always been my favourite so there is always that possibility. Was a great ride out today, and I'd love to spend a bit more time on that Pahiatua track. Cheers to Jimbo for getting that one organised. Good to meet Cycosis and Neal ( at least I think it was Neal, apologies if that's not the right name or spelling! ).

Have some "things" that I need to get sorted, hence the need to sell up. Shame that, cause it's been good getting back into the riding scene here in Wgtn. Never discount the possibility of getting another bike though, even if I do stray back to the V-twin side of the fence.

Marknz
7th June 2004, 16:46
Ahh -hemmm - how much pray tell?

I've used redbook.com.au ( is there a NZ equivalent?) and current exchange rates to guestimate that it's worth something between $14708 and $17412. With the low Km's I'd think I wouldn't be too far wrong in asking for NZ$17000.

Whaddaya reckon?

airplane
7th June 2004, 17:16
Was that you I passed on the Paekak. Hill road around 2.oo pm today? Mr and Mrs Airplane were out for a wee canter after a good thrash in the garden!!

Marknz
7th June 2004, 17:27
Was that you I passed on the Paekak. Hill road around 2.oo pm today? Mr and Mrs Airplane were out for a wee canter after a good thrash in the garden!!

I wondered that myself as I saw the red Z1000 approaching and then who I thought might have been Mrs A. acting as rear gunner. Was a great day for a doddle up the hill and back down again, mind you, we'd gotten a fair few km's in before you saw me up there :-)

Hope you had a good one.

Posh Tourer :P
7th June 2004, 17:29
in the garden? naughty naughty...

wkid_one
7th June 2004, 18:56
I've used redbook.com.au ( is there a NZ equivalent?) and current exchange rates to guestimate that it's worth something between $14708 and $17412. With the low Km's I'd think I wouldn't be too far wrong in asking for NZ$17000.

Whaddaya reckon?
Hmmm not bad....email me tomorrow symonsd@anz.com

Marknz
12th June 2004, 11:45
Thanks to all those that showed interest... the bike is on it's way to the mainland as I type this.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :thud:

jimbo600
12th June 2004, 16:55
Thanks to all those that showed interest... the bike is on it's way to the mainland as I type this.

A sad day indeed mate. Today should be declared a public day of mourning.

Had a beaut ride today with Deano and co too. Only one binn as well.

Go the AB's, oh wait I mean go the Pomms..........er no that's go the AB's.......ah fuck it I'll support however wins.

Marknz
12th June 2004, 18:15
A sad day indeed mate. Today should be declared a public day of mourning.

Had a beaut ride today with Deano and co too. Only one binn as well.

Go the AB's, oh wait I mean go the Pomms..........er no that's go the AB's.......ah fuck it I'll support however wins.

What? Who binned it?

White trash
14th June 2004, 07:50
Thanks Mark, and sorry for your loss.

At least you know it'll be well looked after in Vaughans capable hands. :bye:

Deano
14th June 2004, 08:13
What? Who binned it?

A guy I met at Manfeild back in Jan - "Dale" - he used to race SBK against Aaron Slight, loves his SP-2's. Bloody greasy backroads out of Alfredtown, a little too hot into a corner, ran wide into the grass and couldn't quite recover it due to big ruts. Jimbo was right behind and saw it all - thought hew was going to recover it but alas....

The bike was not cosmetically perfect beforehand, (some nice go fast bits though) but certainly looks a bit trashed afterwards.

My rear tyre was pretty rooted and I could feel it moving around a fair bit so took it relatively easy....until we hit the dry Taka's anyway.

Funkyfly
14th June 2004, 18:10

Hey mate, glad to hear you sold it, hope all goes well with you dad mate. Safe trip.