PDA

View Full Version : VINZ or AA or who in auckland for certification compliance testing ?

28th July 2006, 16:27
I got my old man to call up AA and they reckon $800 odd ( !! ) to verify my one year old Rocket III is 'up to NZ standards'.

Is this a similar racket like the quarantine places where I have to pay a fixed rate per day to after I bring my dog over ?

Is this a 'sting the furriner for all he has' type figure or is it a fixed rate ?

Do VINZ also do this sort of stuff ?

Anyone else prepared to share how much they paid for compliance / certification ?

Da Bird
3rd August 2006, 22:30
Try contacting VTNZ http://www.vtnz.co.nz/ to get a cost for your bike.

Also, here is a link for your dog... Qualified Pets are a MAF approved quarantine facility. I don't know the cost for that but I use them for dog boarding when I go away which is $22.00 a day (dog over 35kgs). I've never had any problems with them. www.qualifiedpet.co.nz (http://www.qualifiedpet.co.nz)

BC.

bugjuice
3rd August 2006, 22:36
I've just got a bike re-vin'd today, pick it up tomorrow. I'll say how much that cost me, which should be an indication. Don't think it's anywhere near 800 bucks!!!

6th August 2006, 23:56
Try contacting VTNZ http://www.vtnz.co.nz/ to get a cost for your bike.

Also, here is a link for your dog... Qualified Pets are a MAF approved quarantine facility. I don't know the cost for that but I use them for dog boarding when I go away which is $22.00 a day (dog over 35kgs). I've never had any problems with them. www.qualifiedpet.co.nz (http://www.qualifiedpet.co.nz)

BC.

Cheers, thank a lot it seems that the compliance can guys charge what they like, I will def. have to shop around.

The dog is sorted and will be the second one I have bought home to NZ, both will have gone through qualified pet services.

BC whats the chances of getting nicked riding my bike for say the 3ks to Grey Lynn for compliance on my old (foreign ) plates ?

Am I meant to trailer 800 lbs of fully functioning motorcycle until I get 'complied' ?

Trying to stay on the right side of the law if I can. :scooter:

Shadows
7th August 2006, 00:29
It cost me less than $200 at VINZ to get certified, plus the standard registration fee on top for 6 months or a year or whatever.
I personally wouldn't worry about the number plate issue, I'm sure if you did happen to be spotted there wouldn't be too much trouble after you had explained the situation to the cop.
In fact I think a couple of the members here don't worry about plates at the best of times. :blip:

8th August 2006, 12:27
It cost me less than $200 at VINZ to get certified, plus the standard registration fee on top for 6 months or a year or whatever.
I personally wouldn't worry about the number plate issue, I'm sure if you did happen to be spotted there wouldn't be too much trouble after you had explained the situation to the cop.
In fact I think a couple of the members here don't worry about plates at the best of times. :blip:

Thanks shadmeister.

I' m just locking up my tools boxes now, I pick up the truck to start hauling everything to the container tommorow.

Then one day of cleaning up the house and I am one day away from being without a mortgage here.

nice avatar btw, :hitcher:

9th November 2006, 10:03
All done ! , ( VINZ mt wellington )

As this was a US market bike I had to change both headight shells to lhd.

Using Triumph branded parts would have been $400, however I used hella pattern shells at a cost of $125.

The same part works for 2005 onward speed triples

( thank you again to the guy at AMPS parts for that suggestion )

cost was ~170$ for the compliance.

Racey Rider
9th November 2006, 10:24
I also had a bike go through compliance today. $120 at local LTNZ.
Then $177 for Plate and 6 months Reg.

slimjim
9th November 2006, 11:28
great to here you still got dosh lefted,... and yup not to much to spend in bring it up to NZ std, welcome to the site

crazybigal
9th November 2006, 11:30
vin and certification are not the same thing.
if a bike has been dereged and writen off it has to be certified then vin and wof.

I've just got a bike re-vin'd today, pick it up tomorrow. I'll say how much that cost me, which should be an indication. Don't think it's anywhere near 800 bucks!!!