PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy LEDs in NZ?

swanman
29th July 2006, 08:58
Hi,

I am currently streetfightering a street magic, (if that's possible). Have fitted spots to the front and is looking pretty mean.

I am looking to replace the indicators and stop light with LED units. Where do you get these in NZ. I know you can get them off the net but I want to see before I buy.

Any ideas?

sAsLEX
29th July 2006, 11:40
LED indicator units or LED's?

as dse.co.nz or jaycar are some places to get LEDs

Pixie
29th July 2006, 12:02
http://greenlaser.co.nz/index.html

For LED lamps to work as indicators, you need to replace the flasher relay with a non load unit from Super Cheap Autos

swanman
29th July 2006, 19:10
LED indicator units or LED's?

as dse.co.nz or jaycar are some places to get LEDs

Good point, indicator units. Not leds alone, something i can hook up with min hassle, and will do the job.

Gershon
31st July 2006, 21:37
Hi,

Just wondering what sort of spots you fitted and how? Did you fit them onto the frame of the bike or use extra brackets?

Cheers

swanman
1st August 2006, 09:43
Used existing mounts, drilled holes. Easy to fit. See pic. The spots work a lot better than the original light too.

12 volt spots bought as a pair from super cheap.

DMNTD
1st August 2006, 10:00
The spots work a lot better than the original light too.
12 volt spots bought as a pair from super cheap.

Did you have to do any mods to the wiring? Have been thinking of doing the same as the standard "light" is hopeless

swanman
1st August 2006, 23:47
Did you have to do any mods to the wiring? Have been thinking of doing the same as the standard "light" is hopeless

No mods required, beyond the obvious cutting and connecting. What'd be even better is putting one spot on high beam and one on low, with a switch between them. As individualy they are blindingly bright, where as together they are just quite bright.