PDA

View Full Version : Time I guess

Mongoose
7th June 2004, 20:08
Intro time i guess, been here a couple of days throwing cheek already.
Owned and or had long term use of a few Jappers XL 350, 380GT and the likes. Bought my first Guzzi, SP1000, loved the bike but the riding position did not suit me so swopped it for a Cali 111, one of the first I think. An 1989 model, de-tuned Sp motor I understand, smaller carbs etc. Riding position far more suitable and realy enjoy it. Nice big cruiser that handles as well
Cheers
Mongoose

dangerous
7th June 2004, 20:14
Hello there, and welcome fellow guzzisti. Those Cali's do handle rather well, I once had a EV on my ass all the way through the Haast pass I was on my MG 1100i sport and couldent shake em and only just pulled away on the straights. Post a picky if you have one.

Mongoose
7th June 2004, 20:19
Hello there, and welcome fellow guzzisti. Those Cali's do handle rather well, I once had a EV on my ass all the way through the Haast pass I was on my MG 1100i sport and couldent shake em and only just pulled away on the straights.

The later ones are even better, with injection etc as they have as much go as a lot of the other Guzzi's

wari
7th June 2004, 20:28
Howdy Mr Mon Goose ... :spudwave: ... welcome to the forum.

Mongoose
7th June 2004, 20:31
Howdy Mr Mon Goose ... :spudwave: ... welcome to the forum.
Cheers WARI, lots of you Norf Island guys on here, but give me our empty roads anyday thanks> :yeah:

Zed
7th June 2004, 22:14
Cheers WARI, lots of you Norf Island guys on here, but give me our empty roads anyday thanks> :yeah:
Welcome to KB Mg, I hope you enjoy your stay! :niceone:

LB
8th June 2004, 05:43
Welcome to KB Mongoose. It's a great site. You have wonderful riding roads down there.

Ms Piggy
8th June 2004, 14:14
Welcome Mongoose. Definitely a fan of the South Island's lack of traffic, can't wait to take a road trip down there when I'm on my Uni break! We need more mainlanders on this site too :niceone:

Mongoose
8th June 2004, 18:59
Welcome Mongoose. Definitely a fan of the South Island's lack of traffic, can't wait to take a road trip down there when I'm on my Uni break! We need more mainlanders on this site too :niceone:

To you and any other bikers who ever think to get their passports for the South, and for those of you who already live in the Mainland thinking of heading further south, give Mongoose a yell, you never know their could be cheap(ish) accomadation at Mongoose Manor. I kid you with the cheapish, it is all free here in the South! :2thumbsup

magnum
20th June 2004, 21:06
hello and welcome