PDA

View Full Version : Hair cuts and helmets

iwilde
30th July 2006, 14:55
I had a mean hair cut last night and when I put my helmet on this morning my head rattled around like a cig butt in a can! Time far a new helmet ya think, or should I buy an after hair cut wig?

Str8 Jacket
30th July 2006, 14:56
LMAO! Tell me you are kidding?!?!

iwilde
30th July 2006, 15:03
Shit, wish I was! My hair is curly and a bit wild so my wife did a #1 on it (cut that is) and now it looks like I'm going to have to put a T Shirt inside till either my hair grows back or I get a new lid (which I've now got the perfect excuse, all in the name of safely Mrs Wilde).

Str8 Jacket
30th July 2006, 15:06
haha. You could always just wear a beanie, works for me.... I hate paying for a haircut and only do it once a year though.

iwilde
30th July 2006, 15:09
Know what ya mean, that why I let my wife loose with the sheep shearers! Mmmm, a beany sounds like the solution, cheers!

R6_kid
30th July 2006, 15:41
hmmm, affmans helmet and haircut match - that is in the way that they're both a bit gay.

Pixie
30th July 2006, 15:45
Wear a baklava
yes I know I've spelt it wrong

Harry33
30th July 2006, 15:46
Just remember if you do get a new smaller helmut..you might have to have a shaved head all the time if you want to wear it.

rookie
30th July 2006, 15:47
I had a mean hair cut last night and when I put my helmet on this morning my head rattled around like a cig butt in a can! Time far a new helmet ya think, or should I buy an after hair cut wig?

i had the same problem....let the hair grow for around 7months before having a trim 2weeks ago.

the helmet was a "bit loose" before the hair cut but afterwards....was just riduculous....so scored me a new helmet.

(original one was a cheap second hand one so i was glad to upgrade)

Drum
30th July 2006, 16:32
Let it grow. Prolonged helmet use will form long hair into the "Eaton". Niiiiiiiice.

marty
30th July 2006, 16:34
Wear a baklava

that'd be a sweet way to fix a sticky problem

jazbug5
30th July 2006, 19:03
Baklava.

Characters, Characters, Characters, Characters, Characters

Street Gerbil
30th July 2006, 19:07
or I get a new lid (which I've now got the perfect excuse, all in the name of safely Mrs Wilde).
What the hell are you waiting for? I wish I had your excuse (keep my hair under 1mm for the last quarter century).

metric
30th July 2006, 19:08
Baklava.

Characters, Characters, Characters, Characters, Characters

HA!!

Characters

paturoa
30th July 2006, 19:09
I'm jealous, as those of us out there are who are follicaly challenged!

msm
30th July 2006, 19:28
I agree, just wear a beanie or a hoodie or something.

At least you got a sensible haircut to go under a helmet. Every time I get my hair cut I get a telling off from the hairdresser because my freshly coiffured hair is going straight under a helmet. So I go to the hairdresser, pay big bucks and come home with helmet hair. :rolleyes:

The_Dover
30th July 2006, 19:31
are you a coon?

Wolf
30th July 2006, 22:02
Going from long hair tied in a pony-tail (and I have a lot of hair - very luxuriant growth) to a number-2 comb cut I felt a lot "less restricted" in the helmet.

A balaclava would do the trick but you can't eat it so the baklava might be more useful if you're out and about in the boonies after all the Service Stations are shut and you can't find a hot pie...

iwilde
30th July 2006, 22:38
are you a coon?
A what? No, but what does that have to do with anything? Hey, arn't you the guy who destroyed 3 K6's? Maybe you should give the bike back to your nana till you learn to ride?

The_Dover
30th July 2006, 22:44
is that it fuzzy wuzzy? and no, it was 2 K5's. aren't urban myths great sweetheart?

iwilde
30th July 2006, 22:54
is that it fuzzy wuzzy? and no, it was 2 K5's. aren't urban myths great sweetheart?
Imagine how the myth will read in a few years time? BTW, I'm not a fuzzy wuzzy. Any time you want to meet so I can prove it is fine by me.

dawnrazor
31st July 2006, 07:51
get bigger ears

Zed
31st July 2006, 08:02
...My hair is curly and a bit wild so my wife did a #1 on it (cut that is) and now it looks like I'm going to have to put a T Shirt inside till either my hair grows back...There was a man many years ago who had a similar problem when his wife did a #1 on him in his sleep...her name was Delilah! :confused:

scumdog
31st July 2006, 08:07
Balaclava works well for me.

But remember, the hole(s) face the front.:yes:

sels1
31st July 2006, 08:16
Baklava

mmmm Baklava, just the thing after a spicy falalfel kebab

dawnrazor
31st July 2006, 08:21
There was a man many years ago who had a similar problem when his wife did a #1 on him in his sleep...her name was Delilah! :confused:

did he know a long haired dude with some crazy ideas.

dawnrazor
31st July 2006, 08:23
some makes of helmet (arai for instance) have aftermarket padding you can buy for just this reason, maybe you can get new padding

Lou Girardin
31st July 2006, 08:26
Wear a baklava

How sweet.

aff-man
31st July 2006, 10:20
I'm not even going to go near this thread...

Gareth go fix your bike.

ManDownUnder
31st July 2006, 10:24
There was a man many years ago who had a similar problem when his wife did a #1 on him in his sleep...her name was Delilah! :confused:

To quote the great Tom Jones.... "My My My..."

Wolf
31st July 2006, 13:06
And here was me thinking it was a "short back and sides" - what do I know, eh?

Zed
31st July 2006, 15:10
did he know a long haired dude with some crazy ideas.Well sort of, but he didn't arrive on the scene till about 1300 yrs later...and he didn't have long hair, plus he didn't wear makeup! It's the artists impression that is crazy. :crazy:

Anyway, there was a time in NZ motorcycle history when this hair problem didn't exist, a close friend of mine remembers his younger days when it was not compulsory for him to wear a helmet while riding...but I guess they still griped about their hair getting messed up by the wind & rain, etc lol.

I reckon if you grow your hair long or bushy you must be prepared to accept the consequences of higher expenditure and greater inconvenience when it comes to your riding lid, and your lid is your most important safety feature should you bin it, God forbid!

rookie
31st July 2006, 18:03

Gareth go fix your bike.

hope you're bz comin up with a new nick...you've just lost your whole image man

rookie
31st July 2006, 18:04

Gareth go fix your bike.

in fact im surprised you aint shopping for a new lid

_intense_
2nd August 2006, 20:14
well having been the proud wearer of a 4" mohawk for the last couple of years, i have just shaved my head... (no i didn't lose a bet) and apart from sticking to everything i wear, beanie, cap, pillow etc.... there has been no noticable diference in hemet fit, still snuggly, if not a little draftier. :cold: