PDA

View Full Version : Deal of the century

duckman
8th June 2004, 09:37
Does anyone out there have a powercommander II and would like to do a straight swap for a new powercommander III ???

I found out on the weekend that my bike requiers the older model so I'm happy to do a swap.

PM me if your keen. :mobile:

Quasievil
8th June 2004, 09:50
Man that sucks, hope you get one , will it fit my bike ??

Cajun
8th June 2004, 09:57
no quasi i want it for my bike dc: <

Drunken Monkey
8th June 2004, 10:11
Sounds like a good idea, but if you check their compatability chart:

http://www.powercommander.com/buynowbike.shtml

It seems the power commander/bikes compatibility is mutually exclusive, ie either you have a model that works with the PC II or works with the PC III, but not both.

Anyone know more about these units? I have a PC - II and would be keen to help duckman out (mostly because I'd preer the USB of the PC - III to the serial of the PC - II), but if the PC - III don't work on a 2K seven-fiddy then we'll be getting on a boat to nowhere...

duckman
8th June 2004, 11:16
Man that sucks, hope you get one , will it fit my bike ??
Yea I bought it previously for my 750 SS. :msn-wink:

Quasievil
8th June 2004, 14:08
Yea I bought it previously for my 750 SS. :msn-wink:

Im interested in what it would cost me, and what advantages would I get with one ?? anyone know ? :spudwhat:

duckman
8th June 2004, 14:18
Im interested in what it would cost me, and what advantages would I get with one ?? anyone know ? :spudwhat:
I can tell you exactly what you'll get with one as I had it on my previous ride.
The power commander will smooth out the on/off throttle response for a smoother ride in the lower rev range and it will provide slightly more HP/Torque across the range.
If you have changed your pipes or air filter from standard then it's a good idea to change your fuel map. Unfortunately the only "Ducati" way to do this is either buy a performance chip (which can only be used for one setup) or get a PC - Which allows you to adjust your settings as you add performance parts to your bike.

Does that answer your question ?? :niceone:

duckman
8th June 2004, 14:19
I can tell you exactly what you'll get with one as I had it on my previous ride.
The power commander will smooth out the on/off throttle response for a smoother ride in the lower rev range and it will provide slightly more HP/Torque across the range.
If you have changed your pipes or air filter from standard then it's a good idea to change your fuel map. Unfortunately the only "Ducati" way to do this is either buy a performance chip (which can only be used for one setup) or get a PC - Which allows you to adjust your settings as you add performance parts to your bike.

Does that answer your question ?? :niceone:
Ooops - I forgot cost. If you buy the unit and get the Dyno work done at Power sports they will charge you approx. $1000.00

duckman
8th June 2004, 16:04
Right then, This item is now for sale.

The PCIII with USB is selling for $400. It is suitable for a 1999-2000 Ducati 750 or 900 SS. It comes with all the cables required.

PM me if your interested.