PDA

View Full Version : Oh No This Must Be A Joke

k14
8th June 2004, 12:27
Check this out: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/VRNINTE.NSF/AllDocs/75E166CC986B3201CA256D8000226C58?OpenDocument&Area=

Wouldn't be surprised if NZ adopted this aswell. All in the name of "road safety" and reducing the road toll of course.

Cajun
8th June 2004, 12:31
Yeah they been talking about this for a while, when i was in melbourne over xmas, my friend over there with xjr1300 said they were thinking about it, but alot of bikes there is no where you can put a front plate, eg r1 where is the room, there is either front lights, and then screen, and the screen is on an angle, so its rather usless to see it any way. sorta defeats the pupose of it really, but govement deparments you can never learn them

sAsLEX
8th June 2004, 12:56
another brilliant use of stats, with more motorcyclists( 21% or something in that state) on the road more are dying, so now in the interest of safety we must charge those that speed??

Dr Bob
8th June 2004, 13:19
One of the recommendations was to use other intelligent identification methods - RFID's here we come.

see http://www.theharrowgroup.com/articles/20040223/20040223.htm#_Toc65053016

sAsLEX
8th June 2004, 13:27
Not everyone registers there bike at the mo so going this RFID way will just increase the numbers who dont register and still wish to enjoy the freedom of riding, and also increase the numbers who therefor run from the cops.

And someone will engineer a way around it , jammer etc

pete376403
8th June 2004, 13:45
But as soon as you ride your un RFID'ed bike near a cop car, it will know there is an "illegal" in the vicinity. (ie they can see the bike but the computer can't). Unless you're riding in a bunch of bikes, they'll pull you up. Makes one wonder at which point people say "enough" and start fighting back.

Eddieb
8th June 2004, 13:50
Didn't they suggest that a few years ago here, putting them on the front guards? I seem to vaguely recall that it was canned because they would be dangerous.

NordieBoy
8th June 2004, 17:03
Didn't they suggest that a few years ago here, putting them on the front guards? I seem to vaguely recall that it was canned because they would be dangerous.

If they were the old fashioned shark fin style on the front guard they would be - That's why they were gotten rid of.

These ones are sticker types?