PDA

View Full Version : Scooter down in Welly

Bend-it
3rd August 2006, 10:27
Riding in to town on SH1 and saw emergency services finishing up with a guy who'd fallen off a maxi-scooter thingy... Majesty, I think was on its side.

Scooter had been picked up and didn't look too bad, but an ambo was needed.

Pretty slick out there with the wet and leaky vehicles dripping oil and diesel and crap on the road as well.

bungbung
3rd August 2006, 10:34
I saw it parked on the breakdown lane, southbound near the ngaraunga interchange. It looks mostly ok, I hope the rider is not badly damaged.

Wasp
3rd August 2006, 10:35
yea, i decided to test my now working rear brake - soon after my rear tyre tried to pass my front one....

Bend-it
3rd August 2006, 10:42
Eh? wrong post or you decided to get a Majesty scooter??

madboy
3rd August 2006, 13:33
Eh? wrong post or you decided to get a Majesty scooter??Might be more reliable than his bandit

Wasp
3rd August 2006, 14:39
Might be but no i was commenting on how slippery the roads were this morn, specially with new tyres and a functioning rear brake

Bend-it
3rd August 2006, 15:35
Ahhh... you have your front fork back then?

Wasp
3rd August 2006, 22:11
I have my whole bike back in good working order AND im already half way running in my tyres.

You better be ready for the weekend, its time to see if you can put your money where your mouth is ;)

Lord Derosso
4th August 2006, 08:15
Hi Wasp. What tyres did you decide on in the end? I run Pirelli Speed Demons on the Katana and they seem fine though I have yet to take them out in serious weather.

Wasp
4th August 2006, 08:27
Pirelli Sport Demons, I spose that both Bend-It and I should put somewhere that our Bandits are GSF250s :bleh:

I find my tyres handle excellently well in the dry (sticky enough for me anyway) and almost as good in the wet!

Dooly
4th August 2006, 08:30
A guy I know in Wellington ploughed into a car last week after the woman watched him coming, then seemed to wait for him........then pulled out!!!!
He managed to slow down to about 35k, but still went over the bars after collecting her door.
The cops were called, and he said he was told to forget it or wait as he was fourth in the list of accidents to attend.
Fortunately the woman admitted all fault and has sent a cheque to the bike shop to pay for it all.

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 08:47
Fortunately the woman admitted all fault and has sent a cheque to the bike shop to pay for it all.

Jesus christ! He should buy a lotto ticket. Its good to see there are some decent, honest people out there!

Dooly
4th August 2006, 09:08
Jesus christ! He should buy a lotto ticket. Its good to see there are some decent, honest people out there!

I guess it was a better way out than getting charged by the cops if they eventually turned up.