i wonder if it will make people give up motorcycling,:shit:

warning this is very grusome.

Mr. Peanut
3rd August 2006, 21:14
ROLFLMAO you sound like an asian....

onearmedbandit
3rd August 2006, 21:52
Didn't look like Japan.

Anyway, he sure didn't want to let go of that pole did he? Pretty gruesome stuff. I'm sure a few members here have come across that sort of thing before in their job.

oldrider
3rd August 2006, 22:03
How many similar injuries are there happening in Lebanon right now and not on motorbikes?
Motorbikes are not dangerous, "people are". Pity the poor inocent bike, it did what it was told! :angry: John.

Big Chim
3rd August 2006, 22:07
that has got to be the most rugged piece of video i have ever seen:gob:

bugjuice
3rd August 2006, 22:07
oooooo that's gonna sting in the morning..

note how no one checked for a pulse..??

As for giving up bikes, you not seen a bad car or truck accident..?? Or people collected just crossing the road?

Wasp
3rd August 2006, 22:14
ive seen pics of dead people still sitting in the car with half their head sliced cleanly off (looking at them is a good way to loose your lunch). I must say i'd rather fall off a bike than have a steal beam/sheet or wahtever slice through the front window and not be able to do anything about it...

Brett
3rd August 2006, 22:29
I have seen many crash pics, but seeing them actively try and remove his head from the pole is probably the worst I have seen yet. That was fricken yuck. At least the poor bugger would not have felt any pain. Sucks to be the mortician trying to put that back together for the funeral...tho i doubt it would be an open casket now...

Korea
3rd August 2006, 23:02
BRACE YOURSELF BEFORE CLICKING~!
Yep, that is about the most horrific thing I have seen to date.
I steeled myself up before I looked at it, and just as well. :sick: :puke:
I couldn't hear any sound - which was also just as well.
Very educational for 'The Invinceables' among us. Show it to your kids before they get their licences... it'll only mess them up a little.

skidMark
3rd August 2006, 23:35
i'm not even gunna look i get squeemish about death and all that...and needles gulpppp

NSR-Dan
4th August 2006, 00:43
i'm not even gunna look i get squeemish about death
and all that...and needles gulpppp

Pussy.

harden up mark you nana

Squeak the Rat
4th August 2006, 08:30
Yeah go on Mark, it'd probably do you good to see that.

My old man used to be in the fire service. He brought home a training video to watch just as I got my car licence at 15. Showed a number of uncensored gruesome accident scenes which sort-a stayed in the back of my mind.

Big Chim
4th August 2006, 08:41
the trick is not to become a star in one of these films, i heard the pays crap.

Matt Bleck
4th August 2006, 09:01
Alot of good his helmet did....

Flyingpony
4th August 2006, 09:25
I'm speechless ... Was good to see it but then again, it wasn't.

Finn
4th August 2006, 09:57
Dlive to the conritions when they change leduce your speed.

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 10:00

I may be wrong but I assumed that he wasnt wearing one?..

Buster
4th August 2006, 10:04
Im not gonna look. I hate that shit. Already feeling sick from what you guys been saying :sick:

texmo
4th August 2006, 10:06
holy fuck what kinda sick fucks are you that aint educational, thats just plain fucking disgusting.

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 10:09
Im not gonna look. I hate that shit. Already feeling sick from what you guys been saying :sick:

Yeah its pretty gross but it happened and it may be an excellent wake up call for *some* people. I feel sorry for the guy's who had to clean up afterwards.

tomthepohm
4th August 2006, 10:09
What a brainless ideot. hahaha

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 10:12
What a brainless ideot. hahaha

lol, with spelling like that WHO's the brainless idiot?! :p

(p/t)

tomthepohm
4th August 2006, 10:13
I was being funny, writting like you talk, damn, easy to diss someone on the net aye... How old are you??

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 10:16
I was being funny, writting like you talk, damn, easy to diss someone on the net aye... How old are you??

Dude, I was JOKING, I am a sarcastic person! Thats what the (p/t) means, as well as the :p! Check ya rep.... Sorry didnt mean to offend you!!!

tomthepohm
4th August 2006, 10:16
No worries, all good. Rep you back, can we make babys.

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 10:19
No worries, all good. Rep you back, can we make babys.

Well we could try, but we'd probably just make ideots! :D

tomthepohm
4th August 2006, 10:21
:rofl: Hahahahahaha

true true. Good looking ones though, who needs brains when you got looks aye.

Buster
4th August 2006, 10:22
Ok, so i just had to watch it. Not pretty.

Just remember that was someones loved one.

Ive seen a simalar thing happen to a good friend of mine.

Kendog
4th August 2006, 10:38
Why am I always compelled to watch things like that?:sick: Yeah, I hope that poor bastard's family and friends didn't see that!
Mrs KD.

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 10:50
Why am I always compelled to watch things like that?:sick: Yeah, I hope that poor bastard's family and friends didn't see that!
Mrs KD.

Wouldnt the family have to give permission for use of the footage?...

tomthepohm
4th August 2006, 10:57
No it looks like south america, he probably had no lid.

Life is pretty cheap in some places.

Kendog
4th August 2006, 11:04
I'm not sure Str8, you'd think so aye, but I'm f*$ked if I'd want a member of my family's brains all over the web, even if it is to educate others, I'm still thinking it's more of a horror movie type thing, "look at this person's brains".

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 11:12
I'm not sure Str8, you'd think so aye, but I'm f*$ked if I'd want a member of my family's brains all over the web, even if it is to educate others, I'm still thinking it's more of a horror movie type thing, "look at this person's brains".

I see it in two ways. Yes its gross and very horrific but it's also a reality and if it makes just one person think of their own safety then it may just be worth it. Who know's maybe the family dont know but maybe they may have wanted people to see it.... Life eh! Gave me something to think about that's for sure. Respect life!

**R1**
4th August 2006, 11:13
Thats just fukd up:doobey:
Why do people put that shit on the net??
but then why do we all watch it??
Man I would hate for that to be me and have my kids see it...its just fkd!!
And unless ya tryn to shock educate people out of bikes whats the point??

Kendog
4th August 2006, 11:26
Only problem is, if it's you they're peeling off a fence, you're not learning anything, you don't care anymore, your dead. It's the poor guys who have to scoop up your brains that are getting the full impact of how unpleasant it is when people crash. It's only if you have to live with an injury do you learn. Anyway, I really need to stop scaring my mind with this shit, if I thought about this shit all the time, I'd never leave the house!! :doobey:

Macktheknife
4th August 2006, 12:15
Welcome to the world of ambulance/rescue workers, they deal with this all the time. Very graphic footage, but really shows what it is like, thanks for that. I think the light blue hard thing was the remains of his helmet, which is just another reason not to wear an open face helmet IMO.
Mind you I'm not sure any kind of helmet would have stood up to an impact like that must have been.

Matt Bleck
4th August 2006, 12:38
I may be wrong but I assumed that he wasnt wearing one?..

Yeah he was, it shows them peeling it off he's head while it was wrapped around that pole.

Str8 Jacket
4th August 2006, 13:14
Yeah he was, it shows them peeling it off he's head while it was wrapped around that pole.

Yeah, I had another look. Man it really makes you think huh!

sunhuntin
4th August 2006, 19:41
Welcome to the world of ambulance/rescue workers, they deal with this all the time. Very graphic footage, but really shows what it is like, thanks for that. I think the light blue hard thing was the remains of his helmet, which is just another reason not to wear an open face helmet IMO.
Mind you I'm not sure any kind of helmet would have stood up to an impact like that must have been.

was it open faced? it was too mangled to tell. even a full face wouldnt have saved him there. wonder what speed he was going? major impact. worst ive seen, but i admit it wont slow me down. noticed there was one pair of hands there without gloves. even with gloves, i wouldnt fancy handling that. ick. i think that video would be good to show at high school, people going for their licenses and also on tv.

spudchucka
4th August 2006, 19:59
Watching that gives me a splitting head ache!

scumdog
4th August 2006, 23:32
ive seen pics of dead people still sitting in the car with half their head sliced cleanly off (looking at them is a good way to loose your lunch). I must say i'd rather fall off a bike than have a steal beam/sheet or wahtever slice through the front window and not be able to do anything about it...

Meh, sitting here drinking good old law-officers mind enhancer (Jack Daniels) and thinking about the guy whos suicide I attended.

TWO shot to his head with a shotgun.

And all I could think of was:
'Shit, I bet his ears were ringing after he fired the first shot, I bet the second was a relief'.

I have the best job for seeing how to end your life in a messy fashion.

scumdog
4th August 2006, 23:35
Yeah, I had another look. Man it really makes you think huh!

Nah, ferk-off, most young ones have this mental thing "won't happen to me, ALWAYS happens to 'somebody else'":yes:
That's why so many 18 year olds sign-up to join the army when it's war time.

scumdog
4th August 2006, 23:38
Thats just fukd up:doobey:
Why do people put that shit on the net??
but then why do we all watch it??
Man I would hate for that to be me and have my kids see it...its just fkd!!
And unless ya tryn to shock educate people out of bikes whats the point??

Because one day R1 my sunshine there is a good chance that this is how your days on earth could end.
Full-face or open-face, you will DIE in a crash like that.
It is not always 'somebody else' that dies.
Have a nice day.

scumdog
4th August 2006, 23:40
No it looks like south america, he probably had no lid.

Life is pretty cheap in some places.
I know what you mean..
Like NZ?

scumdog
4th August 2006, 23:42
holy fuck what kinda sick fucks are you that aint educational, thats just plain fucking disgusting.

And it's fucking 'plain (ex) life' too.

SwanTiger
4th August 2006, 23:52
Coming across a high speed head on accident on a remote highway on a cold winter night with clear airey skies and absoloute silence - silence which is only pierced with a faint moan or cry for help... that scars your memory.

And the smell.

Then you continue driving cruising around 120 - 130 kmp/h trying not to fall asleep at the wheel.

Hardly anyone learns from another persons mistake, whether we are made aware of it or not.

How many of you have pissed on an electric fence?

scumdog
4th August 2006, 23:56
Coming across a high speed head on accident on a remote highway on a cold winter night with clear airey skies and absoloute silence - silence which is only pierced with a faint moan or cry for help... that scars your memory.

And the smell.

Then you continue driving cruising around 120 - 130 kmp/h trying not to fall asleep at the wheel.

Hardly anyone learns from another persons mistake, whether we are made aware of it or not.

How many of you have pissed on an electric fence?

I hear ya but when it comes to the rest of lifes lessons NOBODY wants to hear such sage advice.

I deal with so many morons that even the electric fence adivice would elude them.

Speedracer
5th August 2006, 10:04
Squishy brains :sick:
I think thats more likely to put me off food than bikes!!

**R1**
5th August 2006, 18:41
Because one day R1 my sunshine there is a good chance that this is how your days on earth could end.
Full-face or open-face, you will DIE in a crash like that.
It is not always 'somebody else' that dies.
Have a nice day.That duznt bother me as much as my kids seeing it on the net...I know it could hapn to any1, but why put it on the net??

onearmedbandit
5th August 2006, 18:45
R1, I know how you feel but dude you can find anything on the net, except your virginity or innocence! Good on you for being a good parent though bud! Need more people like you around. Yeah that's right, I said it.

spudchucka
5th August 2006, 19:40
And the smell.
Blood, automotive fluids and death. Sort stays with ya aye.

Mr. Peanut
5th August 2006, 19:41
Bipolar disorder can strike anywhere, anytime...

scumdog
5th August 2006, 22:34
Blood, automotive fluids and death. Sort stays with ya aye.

And the spew and booze.

Don't forget the booze smell.

Ixion
5th August 2006, 22:44
Seen a few dead folks, in not nice circumstances. Never a good experience. Undignified. That's what always strikes me. Death under such circumstances is always so lacking in dignity. I wouldn't want to go that way, in a pool of my own vomit, blood, piss, and shit.And have to have some copper come in and clean up my corpse.

scumdog
5th August 2006, 23:16
The old lady whose death I attended today died with dignity, 80+ years old.

Don't think she ever rode a motorbike though.

Ixion
5th August 2006, 23:25
Yes. Death can be dignified, ennobling even. I am close enough to the event to be aware of that. But wrapping yoursalf around a pole at warp speed, because you thought the laws of physics didn't apply to you, seldom is.

pixc
5th August 2006, 23:50
fucken ewww.
I heard somewhere that a 10 second death was a good one. That one must of been WAAAAAAAAAYYY quicker.
Bugger to be his freinds and family. Sux to be the poor buggers mopping that shit up.
Sux that i looked at it..morbid curiosity i guess. I wish i just left it up to my imagination.

and sux its on here for curious kids to look at.

Ixion
5th August 2006, 23:56
Then let the curious kids look. If they are horrified , so much the better.Maybe they will remember it in a few years time when some cool dude wants them to go for a ride in his spaz wheelz.

Reality is shit. And somewhere along the line all kids have to learn that. It is what distinguishes the adult from the kid. If they can learn it off the internet where the hurt is only a cyber hurt, so much the better. Better than learning it in a hospital bed.

pixc
6th August 2006, 00:25
I so whole heartedly disagree.

There is no way in hell I would want my 11 year old or 13 year old look at shit like that. I want to protect my kids from ever seeing such gruesome things. I don’t want them to be desensitized against death and such awful things. There’s no need for it. That particular video is too much. Reality isn’t looking at a video of people scooping up someone’s brains on the internet. I’m not suggesting that image isn’t real....looking at is on a monitor isn’t the same as being there.

I choose not to work in an industry that deals with such things. I choose as a mother, a parent, to protect my children from seeing things like that. Yes kids have to learn...but what kind of lesson is this offering children? Brains are mushy? WHEN they are old enough to learn how to drive/ride I still wouldn’t want them to see it.

It should only be accessible to adults only FULL STOP. There is no lesson for kids to learn here.

If they should see such horrible things in real life. I want them to be horrified...I don’t want them used to it.

Ixion
6th August 2006, 00:39
Ah, the ancient conflict betwixt mothers and boys.

I do not disrespect what you say or where you are coming from. And if your children are all girls, well and good.

But, (again, no disrespect intended) mothers, being chicks, can never understand how these things grab dudes (ie, your sons).

You want to protect your kids from exposure to such things. That is a natural instinct for a mother. But, in the case of boy child, so wrong. Boys need to be exposed to such things, it tempers their natural testosterone driven instincts. That of course is the role of fathers. To tell their sons "Yeah, this is what it's really like. And sometimes it's real shit, don't tell, your mother about this though"

Boys need to be exposed to things that horrify their mothers, It is part of the rites of passage of a man.

SwanTiger
6th August 2006, 01:25
Boys need to be exposed to things that horrify their mothers, It is part of the rites of passage of a man.
Indeed, I wonder what the world is going to be like in 30 years time when all these "molly cuddled" "poofter children" are adults.

Gremlin
6th August 2006, 02:26
Indeed, I wonder what the world is going to be like in 30 years time when all these "molly cuddled" "poofter children" are adults.
You think they will let us drive/ride in 30 years??

meh... I think I must be de-sensitised to it... didn't feel much, except for crappy puns like putting the evidence back together etc.

Seeing it in real life is worse, but I think that was still fine, its only when you see the families or others at the scene troubled by it. If its someone you know, I only felt that a bit when I had to ring the person in charge (school trip overseas - which wasn't a death, just a hospitalisation, which was very serious).

Must be the growing up in South Africa... oh well... nothing I can do about it...

Zapf
6th August 2006, 03:09
these videos reminds us about reality. Its a good thing.

SwanTiger
6th August 2006, 03:25
Reality is about being able to control our thoughts and emotions, for some of us that control is lacking primarily due to the way we were raised as children. This control is the difference between "Poor guy, that was a gruesome video" and "Fuck! you lot are sick, that video is HORIFFIC!".

When we look at the two, it becomes clear who out of the two stereo-type responses is in control of their thoughts and emotion -- I guess another way of describing it would be, in a phrase, "ones sense of reality, or lack of".

I agree with Ixion's comments but have a more elaborate view, the view that every human needs to develop a healthy "sense of reality". It is this development which can only come with good parenting or life experiences.

And I think Pixc has a valid point as a mother, but her response could be classed as a "partial sense of reality" and a huge amount of fear. Fear that her children, by viewing such things, will develop a liking or "acceptance" towards such things as opposed to an "understanding".

The difference between "acceptance" and "understanding" comes back to the control factor, control of our thoughts and emotions.

"Understanding" empowers an individual with more control of their thoughts and emotions.

Make sense? Nah didn't think so, its this fucken lack of pies again, I swear my veins are collasping in on themselves.

Firefight
6th August 2006, 06:15
a very well thought out post swanny.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to swanny again

F/F

pixc
6th August 2006, 10:36
I have read and I believe I understand both of your veiw points Ixion and swanny. I acknowledge your opinion and your intelligence behind them.

My opinion on this is so strong that there is no need for me to entertain into a debate about it.

Kids are only kids for a limited amount of time. These sorts of lessons can wait until more appropriate time.

texmo
6th August 2006, 10:52
I still think that video is fucking sick and will have no change on the way I ride. Death is already a very real factor to me and heavily influences the way I ride.

Finn
6th August 2006, 12:54
The old lady whose death I attended today died with dignity, 80+ years old.

Poor lady, didn't she have any family? Still, a nice service from the police. We're you holding her hand when she passed away?

Str8 Jacket
6th August 2006, 13:14
Kids are only kids for a limited amount of time. These sorts of lessons can wait until more appropriate time.

I understand what you're saying and I knd of agree with you. However I live in foster homes with kids that saw their parents doing this kind of thing to each other in front of their kids. Obviously the outcome wasnt quite as gruesome but the grim truth is that all sorts of nasty horrible things are happening all the time. Kids cannot always be sheltered from everything unfortunately.

scumdog
6th August 2006, 18:21
Poor lady, didn't she have any family? Still, a nice service from the police. We're you holding her hand when she passed away?

No and no.

Is it somebody you know?

Finn
6th August 2006, 18:34
Is it somebody you know?

I had nothing to do with her death if that's where this is going.

scumdog
6th August 2006, 21:24
I had nothing to do with her death if that's where this is going.

Hmmm, THAT alone seems a suspicious statement!!

She has shuffled off this mortal coil at some stage in the last day or so, I had to break into the house to find her dead, hence my reply at what seemd to me to be an insensitive comment from you..

Finn
6th August 2006, 22:23
Hmmm, THAT alone seems a suspicious statement!!

She has shuffled off this mortal coil at some stage in the last day or so, I had to break into the house to find her dead, hence my reply at what seemd to me to be an insensitive comment from you..

Ah, that was just my warped sense of humour.

Quartida
7th August 2006, 09:41
... all sorts of nasty horrible things are happening all the time. Kids cannot always be sheltered from everything unfortunately.

I agree. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try and shelter them from some things.

Kids are so impressionable. The phrase "chip off the old block" is so often true: kids act how they see others act. Their view of the world is formed and reformed by their early experiences.

While we shouldn't wrap them up in cotton wool, we should only expose them to things they're mature enough to handle. Eventually, hopefully, they'll get to a certain stage when they can decide whether they're mature enough to handle something.

The problem is that kids aren't very good at this deciding procss, and it's our job to help them out. That's why there are rules like the driving and drinking ages...to try and keep people from doing things before they're ready. But society can't, and shouldn't, regulate everything. We need to teach kids to deal with this kind of stuff appropriately, and until they can, it's our job, as "older and wiser" adults, to regulate their experiences.

Death by car or bike or truck is often bloody and horrific. Many adults would have trouble dealing with the situations that medics encounter every day. Do we want children to be exposed to this? Sure, death is a part of life, but that doesn't mean kids need to know exactly what it's like.

Lou Girardin
7th August 2006, 10:08
All the riding gear in the world wouldn't have helped in a face plant like that.
Brings a whole new meaning to being off your face.
I couldn't believe the people picking up meat with their bare hands.

I'd also like that to be shown to Transit NZ staff, preferably just before lunch, because they're doing their best to make that happen to more of us.

Swoop
7th August 2006, 12:32
I cannot belive this could happen. The disgust I feel is hard to put into words.
How could anyone ride in a PINK sweatshirt???

I am hoping that it is only the settings on my monitor.

jeremysprite
12th August 2006, 21:52
I don't know why I watched that... and continued for the entire 3 minutes. I thought maybe it was a dummy or something???
Just pleased the bike is in the garge right now, well, sorta. I definitley wouldn't pick this time to go cop-chasing.

His head flapped open!!!

UGGHHH! is all I can say now.:sick:

jeremysprite
12th August 2006, 21:53
Oh whoops this is five days old.

NSR-Dan
13th August 2006, 22:55
Oh whoops this is five days old.

all good,

Skidmark posted on a thread that was 2 years old hahahahahaa

andrea
13th August 2006, 23:01
oh man now thats just too gross looks to be over thailand or something ewww

Mr. Peanut
13th August 2006, 23:24
His head looks like a taco.

NSR-Dan
13th August 2006, 23:37
His head looks like a taco.

i would go with burritto

Indiana_Jones
15th August 2006, 17:07
He went straight through the danger zone and into the dead zone :shit:

Ouchies.

-Indy

wokboy
13th February 2007, 16:10
wtf?!?!?!?!

j_redley
16th February 2007, 12:04
Iv seen some gruesome stuff in the training video's for work... but thats pretty bad. I feel sorry for the bike....

placidfemme
16th February 2007, 12:34
Just watched that... and wow. Kind of one of those moments when words don't really add up to what you feel.

I can't say it will honestly change the way I ride, it just makes me that much more concious of how many different ways you can kill yourself on a bike.

Does give me heaps more respect for Public Servants who have to clean that shit up...

Komuter
18th February 2007, 13:29

Only Plastic, polystyrene and paint, between you and the greywacke tar combo...

Hans
18th February 2007, 20:16
My opinion on this is so strong that there is no need for me to entertain into a debate about it.

No disrespect, but that is an unfortunate choice of words. At least as far as I'm concerned.

homer
12th February 2008, 21:28
:gob: this is what happens when you crash at high speed with no gear

i wonder if it will make people give up motorcycling,:shit:

warning this is very grusome.

Yeah guess you dont eat mince any more

Big Dog
13th February 2008, 00:02
This is pretty gruesome but reality usually is.

I hope no one ever has to crowbar me out of a chainlink fence, so I ride like a Nana. 270,000 kms aiming for at least 1,000,000.

Toaster
13th February 2008, 09:53
Does give me heaps more respect for Public Servants who have to clean that shit up...

Trust me, it was horrible beyond belief. I don't do that anymore but I won't ever forget the sights sounds and smells. It certainly made me ride and drive slower and most importantly more defensively than I used to.

Kendog
13th February 2008, 10:01
Trust me, it was horrible beyond belief. I don't do that anymore but I won't ever forget the sights sounds and smells. It certainly made me ride and drive slower and most importantly more defensively than I used to.

Just had a thought, why don't they make drink drivers or speeding offenders do time with ambos or crash units picking up the pieces? May help make them think twice about repeat offending.

Toaster
13th February 2008, 14:48
Just had a thought, why don't they make drink drivers or speeding offenders do time with ambos or crash units picking up the pieces? May help make them think twice about repeat offending.

Yeah if only!!! Probably a breach of their human rights or some tree-hugging bollocks like that though.

So many people would say after a crash (for the ones who survived) "I never thought it would happen to me" - it seemed in my experience to be a common belief that people generally think shit only happens to someone else and then they act so shocked when it does happen to them (or someone close to them) - even when they were driving or riding so stupidly that the result was almost inevitable.

2Slow50
22nd February 2008, 14:05
thats damn sobering..

jim.cox
22nd February 2008, 15:01
I hope no one ever has to crowbar me out of a chainlink fence

Not so much Cheese Cutter as Cheese Grater :(

gjbourke
6th April 2008, 11:07
How many pices was his helmet in??

DarkLord
9th April 2008, 09:23