PDA

View Full Version : What do the girls ride??

Skyryder
9th June 2004, 11:59
This caught my attention.

So; My little baby is inside all the time, waiting for the spring.
He is a BMW F 650 CS Scarver::) Liv.

Most guys refer to their bikes as females, but just out curiosity do the girls ride guys if you get my drift?

Skyryder

Cajun
9th June 2004, 12:04
think my wife thinks her bike is a he, but it is blue

Mitch
9th June 2004, 12:14
Mine's a SHE, I grew up with my father and brothers drilling the TITS OR WHEELS theory into my head and really it's all true.

Also I have never kept any bloke around as long as my bikes ESP considering how many times she's kicked my ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROSTY
9th June 2004, 14:06
Mine's a SHE, I grew up with my father and brothers drilling the TITS OR WHEELS theory into my head and really it's all true.

Also I have never kept any bloke around as long as my bikes ESP considering how many times she's kicked my ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya wanna run the tits or wheels theory by me ?

babyB
9th June 2004, 14:35
the bandit well she is my baby, she has been good to me & we have a history together. She even has my daughters foot prints on her fairings.

as for the cbr well thats debateble, refured to as it, he, she, & others i wont mention here. (wonders if its bi lol)

Wonko
9th June 2004, 14:43

"If it has tits or wheels-----it usually means trouble!"

claire
9th June 2004, 14:46
My R1 is definately male. I spend my days in a workshop with men so I reckon if it has testicles or tyres it'll give you trouble.

Hitcher
9th June 2004, 14:48
Mrs H rides "Maude" the Marauder, so I guess that makes her ride a she...

Mitch
9th June 2004, 15:16

Yup Tits or wheels and it's going to give you shit!!!!!!!

vifferman
9th June 2004, 15:29
I just don't get that "She" thing.
My bike's an inanimate object.

On the other hand, if I swear at it, I usually use feminine epithets or insults, like "bitch", and worse....

Ms Piggy
9th June 2004, 15:30
I call my little beastie a she, cos she's the bitchin' mobile and calling something that bitchin' a 'he' just doesn't seem right. :cool:

Jackrat
9th June 2004, 15:39
When my Mrs TS 125 would fail to proceed she would call it a Rotten stinkin' bastard thing.So I guess she thought of it as a bloke.

KATWYN
9th June 2004, 15:52
I call it "my bike" or "the bike" or "it's got suchinsuch".
Impersonal maybe?

have to admit, "it's" never given me any trouble.

Velox
9th June 2004, 16:29
Yeah - mine's just 'the bike' too. Love it to bits but don't want to personalise it too much 'cause I'll have to move on at some stage.
Does anyone name their bikes like lots of car people do?

Hitcher
9th June 2004, 16:40
The best (or worst, depending on your POV) people for naming bikes are the Wing nuts...

Firefight
9th June 2004, 16:43
Mrs F/F owned and rode , Honda XR200, Honda SLR230, Honda CRF230

and could also ride my XR250. :banana:

Ms.F/F (daughter) Honda XR200, Honda SLR230 & Honda CRF230.

Firefight. :yes:

Big Dog
9th June 2004, 16:49
Suzi = real unimaginative but it saves time in converation and is less of a mouthfull than gsx.

My first was Rhonda the Honda = hand singwritten on the tank bu someone roughly 20 years before I had it.

The yamaha was Stevie becuse if you hace ever tried to pronounce Stevie while while trying to hack up a phlegm ball you know what it sounded like when it was trying to start of when at full song in a head wind.

And by then it seemed natural to keep naming them, depending on who I was talking to and in what context it was Karla or the black bitch. Black bitch cos Biaaatcccccccccch was the sound it made if you dropped two gears and gave it a fistful, as the rear tyre spun up and sreamed in protest. :whistle:

Laugh all you want but my theory is this. Men call their vehicles womens names because if they called it a mans name they would have difficulty finding patience or admitting to how close they felt to it (being homophobes at heart), or how much they liked to "ride it hard and put it away wet."

As an aside when things start to go pear shaped (especially when having ignition problems) you would be amazed at how easy it can be to get "her" right with a gentle stroking and "come on girl, you can do it".

But call it a mans name and all that happens is you have an overwhelming desire to bash it and tell it to "do as I say now!"

Motu
9th June 2004, 17:01
Yeah - mine's just 'the bike' too. Love it to bits but don't want to personalise it too much 'cause I'll have to move on at some stage.

Hey Velox - I saw another Velox the other day,an ancient British power hacksaw...I'd like to say it was lithe and beautiful,but it it was monstrous and fug ugly.

Oh,my bike....it's overweight,so I guess that makes it a girl? oh,hang on....it's doesn't give a shit whether it's overweight or not - it's a boy!!!

KATWYN
9th June 2004, 17:06
Actually the more I think about it...the thort of my
bike gets me excited and makes my heart pound...
Maybe it isn't just an "it" after all

Angry Puppy
9th June 2004, 17:57
When my Mrs TS 125 would fail to proceed she would call it a Rotten stinkin' bastard thing.So I guess she thought of it as a bloke.

Hey Jackrat, the very fact that the bike is a 'TS' 125 precludes in from this conversation!

Fazer Bloke

Big Dog
9th June 2004, 18:03
Hey Jackrat, the very fact that the bike is a 'TS' 125 precludes in from this conversation!

Fazer Bloke
It's not the not the length of the stroke, its the ability to disappear in a cloud of tyre smoke.

SPman
9th June 2004, 18:19
It's not the not the length of the stroke, its the ability to disappear in a cloud of tyre smoke.
Well, disappear in a cloud of smoke, anyway, being a TS and all....

Big Dog
9th June 2004, 18:24
Well, disappear in a cloud of smoke, anyway, being a TS and all....
Should that be,
not the bore nor the lenght of the stroke, but the yank inthe crank..... :lol: :killingme

FROSTY
9th June 2004, 18:40
well mella yella is definitely a bloke--dunno why He just is. and tank my gtr1000 is a bloke -I wouldnt want any woman associated with a big overweight underbraked tub of lard

Liv, Norway
9th June 2004, 19:47
My first bike; 1979 Vespa Bravo 50ccm, red, he is a boy and the name I gave him is Theodor.
Then I got a car; 1990 Toyota Corolla 1300ccm, red, his name is Socrates.
And finally; 2002 BMW F 650 CS Scarver, blue! But I did not gave him a name; BMW did, and it's Scarver.

All my bikes/cars are male; because I'm a girl, and I prefer to play with boys! ;-)

The Scarver:
I decided that scarv is a verb, so I'm scarving when I go for a ride on my Scarver!

My boyfriends BMW K 100 RS is a girl for him, but if it was mine - it was a boy!

Some BMW-people are saying all BMW's are girls. It's something to do with grammar, in German.

When I tell peolpe I was out on my bike yesterday, I refer to my Scarver like he is a person or an animal. I say; ''...so when we got to the city we stopped at the bus stop...'' or ''.....we had a really good time! I felt my boot touching the ground, and we was THAT close to feel the footpeg toutching the ground too!'' and so on.

And some say that BMW's boxer have a soul. ..I'm not sure... :-)

My baby is a living thing! ;-)

Liv.

Mongoose
9th June 2004, 19:53
My R1 is definately male. I spend my days in a workshop with men so I reckon if it has testicles or tyres it'll give you trouble.

:laugh: Well said that lady, great come back

KATWYN
9th June 2004, 21:53
My first bike; 1979 Vespa Bravo 50ccm, red, he is a boy and the name I gave him is Theodor.
Then I got a car; 1990 Toyota Corolla 1300ccm, red, his name is Socrates.
And finally; 2002 BMW F 650 CS Scarver, blue! But I did not gave him a name; BMW did, and it's Scarver.

All my bikes/cars are male; because I'm a girl, and I prefer to play with boys! ;-)

The Scarver:
I decided that scarv is a verb, so I'm scarving when I go for a ride on my Scarver!

My boyfriends BMW K 100 RS is a girl for him, but if it was mine - it was a boy!

Some BMW-people are saying all BMW's are girls. It's something to do with grammar, in German.

When I tell peolpe I was out on my bike yesterday, I refer to my Scarver like he is a person or an animal. I say; ''...so when we got to the city we stopped at the bus stop...'' or ''.....we had a really good time! I felt my boot touching the ground, and we was THAT close to feel the footpeg toutching the ground too!'' and so on.

And some say that BMW's boxer have a soul. ..I'm not sure... :-)

My baby is a living thing! ;-)

Liv.

Wow you and your bike have really bonded! They say we are supposed to become one with our bike :ride: . Whats the weather like in Norway at the moment Liv?

Velox
9th June 2004, 23:56
[QUOTE=Motu] Hey Velox - I saw another Velox the other day,an ancient British power hacksaw...I'd like to say it was lithe and beautiful, but it it was monstrous and fug ugly. QUOTE]

I'll try not to take that too personally eh Motu?!!!
The name's cool for what it means, it's just stink that a tank of a car seems to be named it too.
Stupid quote things are playing up. :sneaky2:

Gummybear
10th June 2004, 23:29
My bikes seem to get nicknames.
The GN was the GN.
The Katana was The Kat.
The VFR was The Fridge (all white) and
now we have the Kawasaki, refered to as 'er 500.
But this ones 'my baby'. Shes my pride and joy!

LB
11th June 2004, 06:06
I swing between "she" and "it" for my bike/s. "it" does seem a bit impersonal though.

jrandom
11th June 2004, 07:01
I just think of my FXR as "The Bike", in a very non-gender-specific sense. It's just a lump of plastic and aluminium, fer chrissakes.

Mrs Random calls it "that gay blue thing".

Quasievil
11th June 2004, 07:45
I cant quite get my head around calling a DUCATI a girl, I mean its a ducati for fuck sake, I have to leave it as Non Gender.
Riding it is arguably better than sex anyway. An it is quite capable of kicking my arse so it cant be a girl can it, Oh fuck it time for work :moon:

Indiana_Jones
11th June 2004, 14:50

"The McQueen Machine" :D

-Indy

vifferman
11th June 2004, 15:31
Mrs Random calls it "that gay blue thing".

Mrs Random is very knowledgeable about bikes then. :niceone:

jrandom
11th June 2004, 15:49
Mrs Random is very knowledgeable about bikes then. :niceone:

Ouch.

I think the Honda slagging has now been well and truly paid for...

:lol:

Deano
11th June 2004, 15:54
Ouch.

Wait till the BBQ on the third JR - she'll be all on :2thumbsup

vifferman
11th June 2004, 15:55
Ouch.

Ehh. It was just too easy.
But slag away anyway. :bash:
I didn't buy the Honda for its reliability (which they have a reputation for), which is just as well, as the friggin thing has been a right pain in the arse, :buggerd: partly caused by its uncomfortable seat, and partly (and more properly, a pain in the wallet) because of its appetite for bits. You know - those expensive bits which are never in stock, and available immediately ex-Japan in two or three weeks, giving me time to readjust my mortgage and prepare the excuses for Mrs FS. :shifty:

Shazuki
11th June 2004, 20:45
Two red zookis in our garage with such lovely curves, nice rear ends, good legs and great headlights they just have to be female!

toads
13th June 2004, 15:02
I call my little beastie a she, cos she's the bitchin' mobile and calling something that bitchin' a 'he' just doesn't seem right. :cool:

Same here CSL, I call mine a beastie too, she just couldn't possibly be a male, cos she's just too nice!!, she's very very sexy looking, and to my mind she has a personality, for those out there that think that their bikes are just bits of metal and plastic, good on them, but for me she represents freedom from the daily grind, sort of like my alter-ego :ride:

pete376403
13th June 2004, 17:56
My bike is either known as Miss Piggy, or else Exxon Valdeez (the size, the weight, the oil leaks...)

Guy at work with a Speed Triple calls his bike Quasimodo. It IS a bloody hunchback, too.

Posh Tourer :P
13th June 2004, 18:17
Same here CSL, I call mine a beastie too, she just couldn't possibly be a male, cos she's just too nice!!, she's very very sexy looking, and to my mind she has a personality :ride:

Are you implying that because "she" has a personality, she couldnt be male? :bleh:

Ms Piggy
13th June 2004, 18:34
for me she represents freedom from the daily grind, sort of like my alter-ego :ride:

Exactly!! :2thumbsup

Devil
18th June 2004, 15:57
Are you implying that because "she" has a personality, she couldnt be male? :bleh:

Personality(m): Character, Uniqueness, qualities, ugly.
Personality(f): Bitch.

:Pokey:

Liv, Norway
19th June 2004, 12:56
Two red zookis in our garage with such lovely curves, nice rear ends, good legs and great headlights they just have to be female!

Yes, I think you love your bikes!

And it's a little about love:
You give nickname to your boyfriend/girlfriend - you love the person!
And I love my babies; BMW Scarver and Vespa Bravo! And I love my Toyota Corolla! :-)

When I wash the Scarver I feel it's a little like hugging him.
And haven't you all noticed that sometimes you are not so good when you ride, and why you did not end off the road is because of the bike - you feel it helped you out of the situation?

I know it's all iron and plastic and rubber, I know it's not a brain inside the bike. I know. But sometimes I feel it's a friend!

:-)

Liv.

Ducatimama
19th June 2004, 14:26
Well, my 'baby' (note asexual terminology) is a '93 Ducati 750SS....and she goes like stink! Mind you, it does have 2 F1 mufflers, a 2nd stage jet kit and open air box with double Brembos on the front. Oh, and what a beautiful sound....(specially when you back off!!!). :ride:

Liv, Norway
19th June 2004, 20:14
Well, my 'baby' (note asexual terminology) is a '93 Ducati 750SS....and she goes like stink! Mind you, it does have 2 F1 mufflers, a 2nd stage jet kit and open air box with double Brembos on the front. Oh, and what a beautiful sound....(specially when you back off!!!). :ride:

You said it; ''...and she goes like...''
It's a girl! :-)
And that's OK!

:-) Liv.

Her_C4
19th June 2004, 21:03
I had to think about this.... :eek5:

I have decided that my bike is androgynous because as equally as I call it a 'li'l honey' or 'you bloody babe'! when it covers up my rider errors, I also call it a 'f*cken pr1ck' :Oops: when it doesn't behave as well I expected.... :argh:

FROSTY
20th June 2004, 22:39
well the company car Im driving tonight is a F#@#@ B#@#@ . blowing off a radiator hose in the middle of the night. Had to be in the dark had to be hosing down with rain.

Draco
21st June 2004, 21:13
Mine have always been girls, very sexy ones at that too. I also have to confess to names which ironically have been chosen by men. 1st bike RG150 was called Bubbles, and my VFR was named by the boys at the bike shop Loose Lucy, cause when you looked at her number plate in a mirror it spelt Loose, she suited that name after dumping me at 120k.

Big Dog
23rd June 2004, 16:22
number plate in a mirror it spelt Loose, she suited that name after dumping me at 120k.
Perhaps you should have kept the plate.... Prolly the cheapest personal plate about.

Draco
24th June 2004, 10:20
Did the next best thing BD, made a triple candle holder out of the mangled frame, amazing what great therapy a grinder, welder and mangled bike parts can be. That'll learn her! :bash:

Big Dog
24th June 2004, 16:22
Did the next best thing BD, made a triple candle holder out of the mangled frame, amazing what great therapy a grinder, welder and mangled bike parts can be. That'll learn her! :bash:
Nice! Well understood. When my washing machine broke down for the twentieth time it became,
A work stool, swivel of course,
A Bench grinder,
A Plant pot,
A compost bin,

The switch gear was saved for spares on its' replacement.

And a freind,
Made a new door skin for a fj
and used most of the rest of the sheet bits to patch rust holes.

An old video machine was made into a cutaway diarama for a school project.

RiderInBlack
26th June 2004, 20:11
I cant quite get my head around calling a DUCATI a girl, I mean its a ducati for fuck sake,....... An it is quite capable of kicking my arse so it cant be a girl can it, Oh fuck it time for work :moon:Fu*k, it's a "Bloody Tom Cat" (Dick-Cat-Eee):killingme

Named all the bikes (and most of the "cages"). Usually female.

Suzuki GSXR250 - "Little Black Beauty". Given after dealing so well with my first Whg to SIs & return with 80L backpack strapped to her.

Honda VFR - "Veronica Bat-Bike". Veronica given by female friend/pillion. Bat-Bike as it was Black, I "lived in a cave" (flat bed was in a garage, it was so cool:Punk: ) and it was often late when I rode back from work (shiftwork). Landlord (nciked him "Alfred") would often trigger the garage door for me when I returned (from "fighting crime in Gothham City":msn-wink: ).

Honda CBR1000FL - If I'm not careful will end-up being stuck with "the Heavy Hamster":crazy:

colasnake
26th June 2004, 20:23
i ride a Bandit400V
Next level : YZF-R6 :Punk:

Dodgyiti
8th September 2004, 13:58
I have never named a bike, they are just lumps of metal/plastic.
OK ..I admit to learning a couple of German swearwords for when my old BMW drew blood :mad:

Pwalo
8th September 2004, 15:37
The GS is just the 'GS'. More like a faithful old dog. (Actually I've never owned a dog, but I don't think of my Suzuki as male or female just sort of there).

Jay widda 150
16th September 2004, 15:31
well im a guy and my x-mrs calls hers a he

chic 'n' charge
30th October 2004, 10:43
:scooter: Georgia]Well my bike is my baby, so therefore I suppose it's a girl. Besides, she hasn't spat me off or anything nasty like that, so SHE's all good.[/I] :2thumbsup

Indiana_Jones
30th October 2004, 22:21
Please ride me :niceone:

-Indy

JohnBoy
31st October 2004, 22:16
:scooter: Georgia]Well my bike is my baby, so therefore I suppose it's a girl. Besides, she hasn't spat me off or anything nasty like that, so SHE's all good.[/I] :2thumbsup
far out, had a quick fang on a 9R and could find much to personify it with a female nature... well not a nice one anyways. :msn-wink:

chic 'n' charge
10th November 2004, 21:53
Interesting point there!
- did you enjoy the blat on the 9R or did it scare ya crapless? :gob:

My baby has been around longer than any guy so far so it's like a big part of my life, even though I don't ride it excessively any more. Rather do a long trip than a blat into town and back. Waste of time just doing short stints I think. Prefer to ride, ride, ride and actually do some km's then brag about it later. :scooter: :ride: :scooter: :ride:

JohnBoy
10th November 2004, 22:15
Interesting point there!
- did you enjoy the blat on the 9R or did it scare ya crapless? :gob:

was a nice ride, good blend of pace and comfort.
the scare factor... didnt really get to give it too many nuts, was too close to town.
would be interesting to compare my zed to yours, i didnt get the option of riding the 9R and the 7RR back to back.