PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu riders take a magical mystery tour.

Bonez
5th August 2006, 07:03
Got rung up by Rog last night. Leaving his place at 8.30am this morning to God knows were. Bit sizzled after last nights after work drinkies :drinkup: , you see, to get a total grasp of the route he described over the phone. Needless to say it will be up hill and down dale, hither and yon for a few hundred kms.

Thought I'd save this spot specially for the ride report. Hopefully someone will bring along a digicam, with batteries fully charged, to record the event.:doobey:

To be continued...................:scooter:

98tls
5th August 2006, 07:06
Have a good ride...hope its warmer up there......huge frost down here,everythings white.

bobsmith
5th August 2006, 10:10
damn you guys are awake wayyy too early.... need food......

Bonez
5th August 2006, 19:55
Have a good ride...hope its warmer up there......huge frost down here,everythings white.

It was a good ride. Had to get a rego and wof from the testing station first-don't want mutli $$$$$ fine do we. Only about 350 odd kms with a fare bit of gravel over in the Wairapa. Bikes were a R80GS(Steve), GB400(Roger), popup Katana which smoked worse than a badly tuned 2 stroke (Grant) and me on Gerty the CB750Fc2. Took all day with plenty of breaks. Manouvering a 500 plus pound '80s sports tourer takes a bit effort in the shingle. No mishapes at all for a change, but a few entertaining "almost" woopsees. Saw a some wild pigs along the way, the pork type not the driving type. A fare bit of road I hadn't been on before, well the gravel bits anyway.

Scenery was great and plenty of waving from the locals. One road we were on was that narrow there was just enough room for the bikes to get by a car towing a boat coming in the oppersate direction.

Roder took a few pics and will put them up when he can and give a rundown of where exactly we went.

Managed to pop into two of the bike shops in Masterton as well, which was a bonus. A good variety of kit they have over there I might add.

Weather was basicly overcast and chilly the hole trip. Good ride, good company and best of all when I got home I was given my pocket money, so may even go for a skoot tomorrow :scooter:

Bonez
5th August 2006, 20:02
damn you guys are awake wayyy too early.... need food......Just like to make the most of what daylight there is, that's all.

combo man
6th August 2006, 06:52
Good ride aye! Was about 340 ks for me, so I've now done 7800ks since May.

98tls
6th August 2006, 07:28
sounds like fun...glad you enjoyed it.:gob: you get pocket money...will have to show the missus this..maybe i can get some.

Bonez
6th August 2006, 11:12
sounds like fun...glad you enjoyed it.:gob: you get pocket money...will have to show the missus this..maybe i can get some.Good luck ;). Pissing down today here in Palmerston North . Blowing quite hard as well from the east. So riding yesterday was a wise move.

I'm glad I took Gerty, as she provided plenty of wind protection as well as warming my knees and lower legs. Yes folks, WIDE inline 4 air cooled engines do have benefits on these cold winter days. Not as nimble as the GB but not a sign of letting go on wet seal at moderate riding speeds. All bikes had ALL their rubber/nylon used on the seal too :blip:

Bonez
6th August 2006, 11:30
Good ride aye! Was about 340 ks for me, so I've now done 7800ks since May.Rodger could you describe the exact route after Masterton. I got a bit disoriantated after seeing the sign pointing towards Castle point after having lunch there in what seemed to me to be the oppersate direction it should be :gob:

Are you going to pop around today and upload the piccy's?

Edit- Here's a thread of a previous ride I did over that way at the beginning of last year - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7585

phantom
6th August 2006, 15:29
Bugger new I should have checked what was going on yesterday, never mind showed an Aussie and a Belgian how us Kiwis play pool and drink Tui. Too soft to take the bike out today ( plus feeling a bit seedy afetr the aforementioned Tuis and a 21st birthday last night ):innocent:

Bonez
17th August 2006, 11:27
To record the event.