PDA

View Full Version : Custom rear hugger for Spada

hXc
5th August 2006, 18:48
Was looking at Dad's (MSTRS) bike (GSXR1100) today and was looking particularly at the rear hugger. Then started to get ideas. Is it possible to make a custom rear hugger out of fibre glass or carbon fibre? I think it would look really cool.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm too poor to buy one, so making one is the only option. I can do it at school, but how much would it cost?

imdying
5th August 2006, 19:54
Save your money. Spend it on petrol and beer. It's totally feasible to make one, and worth the experience if you can find someone to fund it for you though (lean on dad :yes:)

Mr. Peanut
5th August 2006, 20:03
Mmmm Spada...

I was going to put one on the NSR, but the tail/rear tyre clearance isn't big enough and it makes the bike look busy.

I think your bike looks great as it is.

yungatart
5th August 2006, 20:04
Leaning on the folks is NOT an option - this kid is in to us for so much now, it looks like the student loan of someone studying to be a Doctor.. it is on the $1 per week programme too - should have it paid by the time he is about 115 ish....
Listen to Mr Peanut - he speaks sense...

imdying
5th August 2006, 20:17
Awwww, nuture the tike a little will ya :lol:

hXc
5th August 2006, 20:18
I also have another idea: The seat needs new foam and refurbishing. I want something a little different so was thinking...

I could replace the pillion seat with a rear cowl when it gets refurbished. Instead of extending the seat onwards from the rider, just stop it and include a cowl in the seat system, as the lock is at the rear of the pillion seat. Would probably do it with fibreglass.

This also means I have the inability to take friends for rides. Because in doing this, I would remove the pillion pegs as they are no longer needed for use or legality. So it's not just a looks thing. It will remove all possibility for taking a pillion at all.

yungatart
5th August 2006, 22:32
Awwww, nuture the tike a little will ya :lol:
He's well nurtured and we are out of moolah... he will have to fund it himself along with all the other bits and bobs he is always wanting... can't have him growing up without a work ethic or believing that there is such a thing as a free lunch, now can we? That would be shirking our responsibilities as parents.

NSR-Dan
9th August 2006, 21:34
hxc,

i can sell you a carbon rear hugger, save you time making on yourself