PDA

View Full Version : Toyz installed...

bugjuice
5th August 2006, 19:10
well, a crappy day in Auckland, better half out shopping with the car, so what is there to do? Not much fun riding in the rain, don't have a car... mmmmmm... what to do...

tidied the house (chick hair everywhere! How is she not bald?!?!)
had a shower
did the dishes and tidied the kitchen
put washing on
played Tourist Trophy
got washing out and hung
went into the garage..

so the bike went up on the stand, the rear wheel came off and front and rear guards, and I went about with the degreaser on the swing arm and front sprocket. Ran out of degreaser so used some other generic stuff.. ran out of that too. Also need a new sponge to wash the rest. So after cleaning a fraction of what I set out to do, I ended up running out of stuff. At least some of the worst has been done now, so the rest should be easy. so now what?

well, might as well install those toys (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=32711) I got ages ago.. The Muzzy took about 5 minutes to fit, the K&N filter too some more time (taking off the tank and figuring out that Kawa put a small screw down a dark hole on the air box cover, and then the Power Commander, which took about 20 minutes, then 10 minutes reassembling the bike a bit and looking for those damn screws..

I recorded with the camera (photo, not film) some clips, but these don't do any justice to real life noise. GAH!!!! Sux that it's raining, I really need to ride the bike now!!!

And I know I should have done one thing at a time and run the bike, to see what it's like, but it'll be forever by the time I get round to it again! So I just thought I might as well do it all now..

So, now I've run out of hand wash.. on with Tourist Trophy..

Gremlin
5th August 2006, 19:18
no pipe would give you an idea of what a slashcut would sound like :msn-wink:

edit: thats very nice indeed bug. The no pipe was quite nice I reckon... must see what mine is like, but you certainly can't beat a muzzy... that was a very nice growl :2thumbsup

edit 2: any plans for a paint job? :bleh:

yungatart
5th August 2006, 19:36
well, a crappy day in Auckland, better half out shopping with the car, so what is there to do? Not much fun riding in the rain, don't have a car... mmmmmm... what to do...

tidied the house (chick hair everywhere! How is she not bald?!?!)
had a shower
did the dishes and tidied the kitchen
put washing on
played Tourist Trophy
got washing out and hung
went into the garage..

Great pics! Feel free to come visit my house anytime - I will supply cleaning materials and if you do a good job, I might even feed you!!!
A rare breed, the diomesticated male....

TerminalAddict
5th August 2006, 19:38
nice work on the pipes buggy ... bet it sounds better IRL ;)

The_Dover
5th August 2006, 19:46
fuck man, you did all that shit?

what have you got a missus for? you can't fuck her all day.

bugjuice
5th August 2006, 20:05
lol.. yeah, I know.. me.. doin all that..

I'd love to leave it no pipe, but I'm sure that'd do damage to something, or my ears.. But with the muzzy, doesn't sound too baffled. The muzzy is straight thru, so that helps! And yeah, these clips don't do it justice..

was gonna take some pics, but it's pretty much stripped down, so it's not a lot to look at. I'll load some up when I get the fairings back

f/f would like this pic - it's my bike with no orange on it!

crashe
5th August 2006, 20:16
good gawd Buggy...... You tidied up inside your home........:first: but what about your garage? It is still in the same mess it was when I saw it months ago.

You were going to get shelves back then to store everything on....
Stop procrastinating mate and get them shelves...
Real cheap at autocheap or the warehouse.

Since its going to be pissing down on Sunday.. thats the next job on your list to be done... putting up shelves and tiding up ya garage.

:whistle::nya: :scooter:

boomer
5th August 2006, 21:09
very nice... good work! :rockon:

bugjuice
6th August 2006, 00:00
good gawd Buggy...... You tidied up inside your home........:first: but what about your garage? It is still in the same mess it was when I saw it months ago.
worse..

R6_kid
8th August 2006, 09:22
Good shit bruv. Sounds really nice, any idea yet if its given you an extra kick in the pants?

ManDownUnder
8th August 2006, 10:45
worse..

TOP MAN! A garage is a man's kitchen. Do with as you see fit!

HDTboy
8th August 2006, 12:37
No PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo PipeNo Pipe

bugjuice
8th August 2006, 20:27
Good shit bruv. Sounds really nice, any idea yet if its given you an extra kick in the pants?
biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bulge in the pants.. yeah..

but haven't ridden it yet.. plastics are still off, so can't ride it (I would if the upper fairing didn't hold half the bits for the lights and dash!!)

gagging for a good long hard ride...

R6_kid
8th August 2006, 22:29
you got my number bro, text me when you want your missus back and shes all yours... shes stopped cleaning up so the sooner the better mate.

SuperDave
9th August 2006, 22:51
Ahh you barely even revved it especially without any can! revved mine to 10ish without the can on once and my ears were ringing for a few hours afterwards.
The new Muzzy sounds pretty damn good though.

Does revving the bike without a can do damage though? Didn't appear to do so.

bugjuice
9th August 2006, 22:55
the bike was cold as.. hasn't been run properly for weeks, so don't want to trash the motor!

With no can, there's different opinions. Some say the cold air rushing back to the hot valves when you shut the engine down, can warp valves and other bits. Personally, I don't think it'd do much damage, but it's more to do with noise control, and that good ol' myth, back pressure.

thanx tho ;)

SuperDave
9th August 2006, 23:10
Yes I was very considerate when I revved the nuts off it without the can - I did it at 4pm. Now if that's not being considerate to the entire neighbourhood then I don't now what is.

Yeah maybe not revving it without a can? :whocares: