PDA

View Full Version : This took me back

merv
24th April 2003, 09:26
I went to Hawkes Bay at Easter time to see my brother and once the weather finally cleared on Sunday we got out on the bikes. I had a ride on his immaculate 1970 Triumph Daytone 500 and I said to him afterwards it was the first time in a while I had ridden a bike that vibrated my eyeballs and blurred my vision. It wasn't that the bike vibrated badly as there was no uncomfortable feeling through hands, arms or butt and it fact it felt reasonably smooth, it just seemed that the vibration must have been at the resonant frequency of my eyes. It all smoothed out above 55mph on the clock though. Ah the joys of the 360 deg twin. Straining my memory I think it was only 2 stroke singles back in the 70's that gave me a similar experience. I have a DR250R for dirt these days and while it doesn't vibrate my vision it does have a very nasty high frequency vibe that tires hands, fingers and butt. It could do with a balance shaft engine.

Pickle
26th April 2003, 20:32
Hi Merv

remember the old CB360's & CB450 twins they shook your eyeballs out to if you revved them.

On a recent note took a KLX650 for a ride & vibrate, shit did 25k's & had to stop so my hands & feet could recover, Also a new Buell Firebolt at low speed your feet leave the footpegs with vibrations. 

wkid_one
26th April 2003, 20:45
Ride my VTR if you want vibrations - nice!  Girlfriends love them - can't figure out why???????

bluninja
27th April 2003, 11:50
And the VTR pillion seat is so small! I guess they have to be VERY close, and not have a large butt :D

TTFN

wkid_one
1st May 2003, 18:56
Actually the pillion seat isn't too bad......having them sit back tho is a bit annoying as the bike naturally wants to pull monos everywhere - so asking the pillion to sit forward is a necessity.  Actually I always prefer the pillion to sit as close a possible as it prevents the collision under heavy braking from high speed.....

SPman
1st May 2003, 22:06
Originally posted by doug green
remember the old CB360's & CB450 twins they shook your eyeballs out to if you revved them.

On a recent note took a KLX650 for a ride & vibrate, shit did 25k's & had to stop so my hands & feet could recover, Also a new Buell Firebolt at low speed your feet leave the footpegs with vibrations. 

CB450 didnt seem that bad at the time..;)

Now, my old CB250RS - now that was a different matter - all the screws fell out of the speedo within a month of getting it The Firebolt I took out seemed pretty good, although low speed wasnt really on the agenda  -  mind you, the engine was bouncing around a lot! Great bike apart from the motor :eek: :