PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Italian GP Thursday 10/6

Deano
9th June 2004, 14:21
Hi guys and gals,

thanks to Ho hoon I have copied the GP to disc for viewing tomorrow night.

7.15pm at my place - PM if you haven't yet been and need further details.

To the regular race fans - see you tomorrow night !!

Deano
9th June 2004, 16:10
Oi - LATE NOTICE (I had to do something to get it back on the front page)

k14
9th June 2004, 16:12
And what a damn good race it is, just watched it before. Probably the best race i have ever seen.

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 16:12
Damn! Isn't there some one doing this for us less fortunate dorklanders up here? :(

Deano
9th June 2004, 16:16
Damn! Isn't there some one doing this for us less fortunate dorklanders up here? :(

You should be able to burn a copy after downloading from Ho Hoon's thread in "racing".

Motoracer
9th June 2004, 16:20
You should be able to burn a copy after downloading from Ho Hoon's thread in "racing".

Ya, but downloading is a bitch with a 56K modem topped off with an unreliable connection.

erik
9th June 2004, 16:37
Ya, but downloading is a bitch with a 56K modem topped off with an unreliable connection.

I can burn you a copy if you want. PM or message me.

Deano
9th June 2004, 18:10

So true - I did it at work which has broadband and then e-mailed internally to one of the techies who then burnt it onto disc for me. Of course it was work related boss !! :msn-wink:

wkid_one
9th June 2004, 21:11
I am still waiting for you to choose a decent evening......

LB
10th June 2004, 05:44
Great - thanks Deano and HoHoon - we'll be there (spider repellent and all)

White trash
10th June 2004, 07:24
*hand up*

Then ROQM afterwards to deal with the weekly perv requirements. :beer:

LB
11th June 2004, 05:24
thanks Dean/Ho Hoon - a great race!

No spiders.
No canine tricks.
Just good company and good racing to watch.

White trash
11th June 2004, 07:40
Thankyou to HoHoon for supply.

A big thankyou to Deano and Mrs Deano for your hospitality again.

riffer
11th June 2004, 09:42
I have a copy if any of you Upper Hutt fellas want to borrow it.

It will play on your DVD fine.

Not too bad quality really.

Used the windows media player file, converted it to an .mpg with FX Video Converter and then used Ulead DVD Workshop to make a DVD.

pm me for details...

Hoon
11th June 2004, 10:05
You guys that grabbed the wmv...does the audio sound alright to you? I stopped downloading the windows version a couple rounds back because the audio was crap?
Is it fixed now?

k14
11th June 2004, 10:17
It still sounds a little funny. I think that is just because they use such a low bitrate to encode it. It isn't too bad though.

riffer
11th June 2004, 10:46
It still sounds a little funny. I think that is just because they use such a low bitrate to encode it. It isn't too bad though.

Sounded allright to me. None of that "swishy-swish" you get with too much mpeg compression...

Deano
11th June 2004, 12:07
You guys that grabbed the wmv...does the audio sound alright to you? I stopped downloading the windows version a couple rounds back because the audio was crap?
Is it fixed now?

The wmv audio was ok, not perfect.

The real player version appeared to download ok, but when playing back at home it froze on lap 9, and where the track details were listed on the window, it came up with a message "communicating". Perhaps because I didn't have real player on the work computer I used to download the file??