PDA

View Full Version : Bball?!

menace
9th June 2004, 16:08
Come on fess up who loves bball...

Personally im a fan of the kings. but due to them been knocked out by the timberwolves early in the playoffs ive started rooting for la to go and win the championship so that kar malone and payton can go and retire which would maket the west conference much more interesting... :)

Anyway the 2nd game has just finished and the series is 1-1.... should be a goody all the way through... The la offence versus the detroid defence... :D

wkid_one
9th June 2004, 17:21
Ditto here - played for years now having op in 5 weeks to fix the recurring injury as a result.

Loved the Bulls - went downhill fast with Pippen, Grant, Jordan and Jackson left.

Love LA - only coz Kobe and Shaq make a wicked mid court team.

menace
9th June 2004, 19:51
Ditto here - played for years now having op in 5 weeks to fix the recurring injury as a result.

Loved the Bulls - went downhill fast with Pippen, Grant, Jordan and Jackson left.

Love LA - only coz Kobe and Shaq make a wicked mid court team.

I dont know if you saw it live but it was Kobe's 3 pointer in the 4th quater with 2 seconds to go to send the game into overtime... :not:

Ahhh I remeber the good old Bulls days... man watching jordan was amazing... still ill stick to my Kings a nice passing team.. I love watching a TEAM play rather than just an individual that carries the whole team... Anyway i think there's a replay on tonight on ESPN... :niceone:

wkid_one
9th June 2004, 21:10
Meh - I prefer to play than watch full stop. NBA is great - but can be a bit slow regardless of the teams playing - given the American penchant for video time outs etc.

I HATE Detroit (as a team) tho.....

The draft for the coming season looks interesting - some good talent coming out of the colleges this time.

250learna
28th May 2005, 01:25
They dont call me Kobe Bryant for nothing :whistle:
I like to watch, but rarely do so nowdays...well i dont realy watch tv at all cept for F1 and GP
Put a hoop up in the back yard and play with m8s sometimes...but they tell me my shots look ugly :no: fuk them :motu: they still go in :devil2:

edit: oops didnt realise how old the thread was :whistle:

Odin
28th May 2005, 01:41
I like my basketball like my sex.... One on one and as little dripple as posible . :niceone:

No really, i do preffer baseball if it's US sport we'r talking

Big Dave
28th May 2005, 03:28
yeah me - basketball is life. Over 1,500 games played and almost that many refereed.

Worked as a pro (teaching), ran a club. have a big trophy for services to the game and 16 championship, top scorer and MVP trophies and rings in a box in storage somewhere across the ditch. Played the 5 spot and was a solid screen setter and garbage man.

i'm back in training for the masters games later in the year too - i'm throwing them down reasonably well. Need some match legs.

Go Celtics - next year.

Miami will win it and make that putz with the Trump hair who owns the lakers look really stupid.

bounce
26th October 2006, 18:31
and me!
I know this is an old thread but worth a post since NBA season starts next week. First game on ESPN will be Spurs vs Cavs on Saturday 4th :rockon:

Playing midweek B grade mens at the show buildings. Anyone else here play in Wgtn?

MattRSK
26th October 2006, 18:34
America - The country with its own World Series!

bounce
26th October 2006, 19:07
yeah "world champion Miami Heat". um where did US place at the world champs?? Still, they do play a more exciting game, rather watch NBA than anything under FIBA rules. One on one D creates more hilights.