PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Kill Switch

Mattzxr750
7th August 2006, 18:45
I saw this site with a bike that had a hidden kill switch. So that the bike wouldn't start unless the switch was on.

does any one here have one on there bike? or have though about putting one in?

or who doesnt know what im talking about?

bugjuice
7th August 2006, 18:47
I've thought about one..
isn't hard. It's just finding a good place to hide it

skidMark
7th August 2006, 19:53
and the point of it would be?

bugjuice
7th August 2006, 19:57
no one can start it but you, and if the right circuit is tapped, you wouldn't even be able to hotwire it either, and for the cost of a couple of bucks for a switch and time

FROSTY
7th August 2006, 22:19
another way is a hidden fuel tap.They get like 100m then the bike dies

Warr
7th August 2006, 22:25
Be easier to fit an alarm with an ignition cutout on it. Dont need a hidden switch, just use the remote :)

Mattzxr750
7th August 2006, 22:33
i think of it this way. someone trying to steal your bike knows the alarm is there. but they will not know that the switch is there so if they try to hot wire your bike it just will not start......

and the switch is cheaper $$$$

F5 Dave
8th August 2006, 18:08
Had one on my RZ, it was easy on a 2 stroke as you can just ground the killswitch point on the CDI. Would have to check if your kill switch was a grounding type or a thru type. If so where does it go? can the switch handle the current? will it blow a fuse etc. Could rig up to sidestand switch. Again think reliability.

Mine was hidden under a tailpiece sidecover so I could nonchalantly flick it without being noticed. Just makes it harder to pinch. Combined with a disc lock would be ideal for parking in town. At home or out of town they still might throw it in a van so cable & immovable object the only answer.

Sketchy_Racer
8th August 2006, 21:49
Only prob with my bike is that if someone was gonna steal it, they would just 'pop' it into the back of a van/car etc...

Mattzxr750
11th August 2006, 15:25
im just trying to stop the not so smart ones at this point

Freakshow
11th August 2006, 15:30
I had a switch on my car that turned off the fuel pump. would mean if stolen they would think they are sucessful and then it stop soon after. so a extra fuel switch would do the same and most likely create a scene as well.

marty
11th August 2006, 15:43
i've got a hidden kill switch.

it'll let off 9 shots of 00 in about 5 seconds. that'll kill 'em

Mattzxr750
11th August 2006, 17:50
that'll do the job, no questions asked lol

skidMark
11th August 2006, 18:08
make it so if somebody hops on it petrol sprays on thier legs.....then the moment they try to start it make the start buttion do another task....whoompaaa ...and then you have fresh thief for dinner

bladez
11th August 2006, 18:21
they are good if you are the only one who knows.:yes:
brother sold his bike to a mate of mine. went down for the wof passed good but while he wasnt looking hit the switch:blip: sat back for twenty min befor i told him and showed him where it was :laugh: sure made my day and the testers:rofl:

Mattzxr750
11th August 2006, 19:55
thats sound funny sh*t, bet he didnt think so