PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Cruiser parts

mcphod
8th August 2006, 17:09
Thinking of starting-up a NZ web based business selling quality aftermarket parts & accessories for Metric Cruisers.
Items such as Saddlebags, Sissy bars, Pipes, Mirrors, Pegs, Forward controls, Windscreens etc....
Would anyone out there use this service if it was available ?
It would be a shop-on-line service not a retail outlet.

Meanie
8th August 2006, 18:00
Definitely as long as the product was of excelent quality :yes:

mcphod
8th August 2006, 18:11
I am waiting for a set of SADDLEMEN saddlebags to arrive for my C90. I will post a picture of them when they arrive.
Or do a google search of "Saddlemen" and have a look at the quality. This is the sort product I hope to supply.

Waylander
8th August 2006, 18:21
Hell yea if the prices are decent instead of like most of these online shopping places.

magicfairy
9th August 2006, 10:53
Yep, I'd be interested as long as quality good.

vs04
9th August 2006, 15:50
Reasonable prices, good quality,hell yes.

outlawtorn
9th August 2006, 16:07
I'd defintely support it, currently I am looking at using these guys : Zpower (http://www.zpower.com.au/index.php?cPath=1204&name=Suzuki+Metric+Cruiser+Parts), but I'd always welcome a Kiwi initiative.

Cruiser parts are fucking expensive here and I think the shops take advantage of that as it is always daunting ordering something online when you are not 100% sure what product/fit you are going to get at the end of the day.

Thumper
9th August 2006, 18:06
Yes, yes, yes, would be fantastic to be able to get stuff for my Intruder VL1500 locally. I have bought stuff in from the US four times in the past six months (sissy bar, luggage rack, highway bar, pillion peg droppers, screen and assorted chrome bits and pieces) and there is still heaps of stuff I am looking for. Spent two hours this afternoon visiting all the North Shore bike shops looking for Highway Pegs, and guess what, NOTHING. I will be back to http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ as this seems to have a fantastic range of generic metric cruiser stuff. If I could get this stuff locally, ..............:first:

mcphod
9th August 2006, 18:35
Thanks for your feed back.
Still talking to suppliers in the USA. Some are being difficult, but hopefully they will see it my way !!
I will keep you all posted.

diggydog
8th November 2006, 21:37
yes i would be keen, i 'm looking at various parts, like saddle bags and brackets and sissy bar and one of those clocks you put on your handle bars.
parts are so exspensive in new zealand, i hope you succeed with this adventure.:yes:

slimjim
9th November 2006, 12:52
yea as said of from so of the above, i too have brought stuff for my VL from oversea's, saddle bags,(willie max), rear pack and carrier, however i wonder if you want to make a living from this or holding a few bits and pieces, hell of alot of different stuff wont fit on a lot of different models, however best of bussines to you,

davereid
29th November 2006, 19:32
Im looking for a tank and f/r guards for my 2000 sportster. Nothing wrong with the originals, but I'd like to be able to change them for different colours to tart my bike up from time to time. Anybody got any bits or has anyone delt with anyone overseas who is actually honest and reliable ?

Pat
1st December 2006, 06:34
Yes I can see a market , I have bought a lot off ebay ,JCwhitney, chopperbobs and more from USA .THE PROBLEM WILL BE CAN YOU COMPETE FOR PRICE.Even taking the dollar into account items from USA are reasonably priced airfreight costs are not high and service generally good.I can order goods from USA on Sunday evening and receive on FRiday.But if you have the goods at the right price I would buy.
Pat

blueballs
3rd December 2006, 20:49
Yes for sure long as price was reasonable and quality good.:scooter:

Shewolf
13th December 2006, 21:40
Would definately support a local importer :sunny:

JESSTERx
14th December 2006, 18:01
would be real interested...only if it wasn't just for Harleys...not that they arn't great bikes..it is just some of us have Jap Cruiser's.....I would be lookin at stuff like a power maste, may be Cobra pipes,,,,, new tree for the front, and custom H/Lite..any suggestins guys,,all input appree.....
cheers:Punk:

okill
17th December 2006, 12:42
awesome would you be stocking stuff like kuryakyn hyperchargers etc ?