PDA

View Full Version : Write a letter - save some money

duckman
10th June 2004, 14:59
Thought I'd update you'all on my "getting out of the ticket" progress.
I recieved a letter from the Police yesterday telling me that they have dropped the "No Reg" part but I still have to pay the rest. This is the result I ws hoping for.

A HUUUUUUGE thanks to MIKEL for writing the letter for me. You saved me $200, so a :apint: is on it's way.

To the individual who told me to "suck it up" :bleh: :kick: :bleh:

Funkyfly
10th June 2004, 15:03
Im interested in knowing the details on this one Duck, is there an orig post somewhere?

duckman
10th June 2004, 15:08
Im interested in knowing the details on this one Duck, is there an orig post somewhere?
The previous thread was called "the art of negotiation" - Enjoy :headbang:

Firefight
10th June 2004, 15:22
Thought I'd update you'all on my "getting out of the ticket" progress.
I recieved a letter from the Police yesterday telling me that they have dropped the "No Reg" part but I still have to pay the rest. This is the result I ws hoping for.

A HUUUUUUGE thanks to MIKEL for writing the letter for me. You saved me $200, so a :apint: is on it's way.

Great to hear DM, and good on yah Mike, Its like I was telling a young mate of mine a while ago, you have nothing to lose , if you try and get off your TWO TICKETS, I guess that young man will be contacting Mike for some advice on letter writing. won,t you !! :Pokey: mate

F/F

Motoracer
10th June 2004, 15:27
I am expecting a hefty speeding ticket for driving my van back from Taupo on Saturday night from that race day. I saw the amber flash and I was like "holly fuck! Ya cu*t! A perfect day had to be ruined :("

If I get the fine, I'll definetly write a letter though! :)

jrandom
10th June 2004, 15:30

Since I'm such a good, public-spirited sort of chap, I just have to say in that individual's defence (who in his or her current state of anonymity is probably going to be too embarrassed to reply to this thread and identify themselves) that it was highly likely that at the time they made the 'suck it up' posting they had forgotten the precise nature of the just-expired rego and the entirely understandable reason for said minor transgression.

Ahem.

And, from an ardent supporter of your fine principles and policies in dealing with such heinous and unfair oppression, well done.

:whistle:

duckman
10th June 2004, 15:33
Since I'm such a good, public-spirited sort of chap, I just have to say in that individual's defence (who in his or her current state of anonymity is probably going to be too embarrassed to reply to this thread and identify themselves) that it was highly likely that at the time they made the 'suck it up' posting they had forgotten the precise nature of the just-expired rego and the entirely understandable reason for said minor transgression.

Ahem.

And, from an ardent supporter of your fine principles and policies in dealing with such heinous and unfair oppression, well done.

:whistle:
Beautifully put sir. I did remember who it was but had decided to make it a "blanket" statement to see if you bit. Very nice. :bleh:

Firefight
10th June 2004, 15:35
I am expecting a hefty speeding ticket for driving my van back from Taupo on Saturday night from that race day. I saw the amber flash and I was like "holly fuck! Ya cu*t! A perfect day had to be ruined :("

If I get the fine, I'll definetly write a letter though! :)

Oh shit knowing how hopeless LTSA, :crazy: :doh: are, the van :argh: will still be in my name , I'll get the bill, dam , so like you did remember to change the ownership papers MR ??, or should I look forward to a letter in the mail !

F/F <_<

Motoracer
10th June 2004, 15:42
Oh shit knowing how hopeless LTSA, :crazy: :doh: are, the van :argh: will still be in my name , I'll get the bill, dam , so like you did remember to change the ownership papers MR ??, or should I look forward to a letter in the mail !

F/F <_<

Nahhhh!!! I did that like the very next day. The van is in my name now and I am 100% positive!

FROSTY
10th June 2004, 16:24
and the moral of the story --never take it lying down
I got off of a fair few tickets by telling the truth when writing to them.
Nothing is black or white just various shades of grey.
My "best" was a ticket on the motorway for 121km/h
in a 100km/h zone. I actually rode past 3 cop cars before one pulled me over.
it was on a recently rebuilt bike and the speedo needle literally would not go over 105km/h --the inner casing had a dent in it.
I wondered why the traffic was going so darn slow. :bash:

k14
10th June 2004, 16:43
Thats something good to hear, a little less revenue has been generated, lol. Just goes to show that it is possible as long as it is approached in a mature mannor.

dss3
10th June 2004, 16:44
I'm in the process of writing in to get off a ticket myself. Got pinged coming back to hamilton from whangarei a few weekends back. Worst thing was my first speeding ticket and it was in was in our automatic, diesel work truck. Towing a trailer. Now on a straight road the max speed I could do was 95kph (holding up all the traffic). But this fucker got me going down a hill doing 100kph (ooh shit what a scary speed) hiding like a little monkey in the bush on the side of the road. Even worse is now I think the limit has been raised from 80kph to 90kph.
I reckon I oughta get off this one.

-daryl

merv
10th June 2004, 18:58
Good to hear it Duckman - if you'd had to pay that I still think the bloody shop owed you.

LB
11th June 2004, 05:35
That's great news Duckman. One small victory for the little man (as it were).

MikeL, you'll probably be innundated with requests to write our letters now - you might be able to give up your day job and do it for a living!!

Dr Bob
11th June 2004, 11:24
I have gotten off a few tickets myself, the http://www.legislation.co.nz/ resource is great for looking up the statutes themselves. Often the cops don't or can't remember which statute they are referring to and stick in quite vague descriptions. Recently I got a ticket for going over the hatch marks on the north western where the Great North road on ramp is (just before they put up the posts). Through some investigation I found that I couldn't have actually broken the law, constructed a two page submission and submitted it with the clerk of the courts on the day of my hearing. The case was dropped. I would have attended the court hearing but I had a class; however, the actions that I took were sufficient even at that late stage.

Motoracer
18th June 2004, 09:23

Woo hoo! I got that dreaded letter from Wellington.

I got done for $80 for doing 61kmph on a 50kmph zone through Hamilton.