PDA

View Full Version : Long wheelie

Matt Bleck
10th August 2006, 16:16
ignore the cars at the start, and the first wheelie... but the second guy, awesome, going round corners and shit..

http://www.dpccars.com/motorcycle/08-06-06pageSuzukiGSXR1000.htm

oh and kids don't try this at home (thats for the PC police in advance)

**R1**
10th August 2006, 16:43
That was fukn cool

Squeak the Rat
10th August 2006, 16:58
not worthy not worthy :not:

kiwifruit
10th August 2006, 17:01
thats fuckin awesome!! (the second guy) lmao, passing cars and all :lol:
looked very smooth, sharp skills that man

Zed
10th August 2006, 17:06
No need to ignore the first guy, both are talented. The 2nd dude reminded me of our very own Mr Death_Inc, I seen him do stuff like that but standing up! :yes:

oldguy
10th August 2006, 17:08
Shit, he makes it look easy, and to top it of he has the cheek to over take a few car:niceone:

Smokin
10th August 2006, 17:24
How can you guys condone that sort of behavour, HE DIDN'T USE HIS INDICATORS ONCE :shutup:

He sure has some talent tho :first:

Maha
10th August 2006, 18:08
No need to ignore the first guy, both are talented. The 2nd dude reminded me of our very own Mr Death_Inc, I seen him do stuff like that but standing up! :yes:
Were there two guys?..... hes me thinking that he changed leather's while doing that mono........burst my bubble..:oi-grr:
Na very cool indeed......:niceone:

Toast
10th August 2006, 18:48
man, that was class...180km/h+ wheelies with such control...awesome...

onearmedbandit
10th August 2006, 19:49
Hell yeah, very cool clip. Was wondering about oil starvation for that period of time though, or do the manufacturers know what we get up to abusing their products!

Hitcher
10th August 2006, 19:57
Where was all the traffic?

deeknow
10th August 2006, 22:46
imagine the looks on the faces of the cars he woz passing, bloody priceless !!! :gob:

The Pastor
10th August 2006, 22:54
damn thats a long wheelie.... I wanna do that lol

oldguy
10th August 2006, 23:04
some may have seen this one before, the only way I will ever know whats its like to to a wheelie guys got a helmet cam.http://video.bikepics.com/wmv-416-96/MSMM-GSXR1000-Mike-HelmetcamWheelie-65sec.wmv

BeakerRAT
11th August 2006, 01:10
Hell yeah, very cool clip. Was wondering about oil starvation for that period of time though, or do the manufacturers know what we get up to abusing their products!

Was thinking the same thing. ??? Think of the bearings people!

Very cool, loads of talent :yes:

mynameis
11th August 2006, 01:40

Doesn't "overfilling" right till the neck help in those kinda wheelies ?

2much
11th August 2006, 07:24
Doesn't "overfilling" right till the neck help in those kinda wheelies ?

It would also help destroy your engine. GSXR's don't take too kindly to overfilling, I'll fill mine to the top of the glass but that's it. R1's and Hondas can handle an extra litre. A modified pick up is your best bet tho.

shafty
11th August 2006, 08:04
For sale: GSXR1000, unused front tyre............ Man that was talented - as Hondaline said, imagine the look on the faces of the car drivers he passed! Such control, so jealous!

Matt Bleck
11th August 2006, 09:42
I was thinking about how long that wheelie went for....

the speedo in the car looked like it said about 160km's, the clip is just over 2 mins... so if I've got it right thats about 5.5k's

MD
11th August 2006, 18:39
Shit a brick that was skill. Far more enjoyable than watching ghostrider. Both were great to watch.
I watched the second rider again and again to try and spot any steering input but couldn't pick up anything. Not a head tilt, bum or shoulder shift...
His bike just seemed to steer itself. Must have been a bit nervous with that pass when he cuts it fine getting back to the right before a head on with the red truck. He must save heaps on tyres every year.
I can get mine to do the first veer a bit left or right but it's the next step, the correction and straightening up, that gets tricky. Steering while standing up seems easier to me. Usually I find that any road has a rise to the centreline so this curve is trying to veer the bike to the left. So even on a straight road you are giving input to the bike to not go left.

R6_kid
12th August 2006, 20:55
can you say "balance point" :gob:

R6_kid
12th August 2006, 20:56
I was thinking about how long that wheelie went for....

the speedo in the car looked like it said about 160km's, the clip is just over 2 mins... so if I've got it right thats about 5.5k's

i think it said 180...

SuperDave
12th August 2006, 21:05
That was awesome, those guys have some mad skills. They make it look oh so easy.

Black Bandit
13th August 2006, 18:03
Man that was class!:gob:
A new bench mark has been set. Now if I could just get over my overwhelming sense of self-preservation I could start saving on my own front tyre.:blip: