PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: The Great KBer Ride - 1 October 06

Pages : [1] 2

Slingshot
10th August 2006, 21:42
Right...it's just about October...well not really, but this will give you all plenty of warning!!!

This will be the third year running for this ride, last year there were around 50 odd bikes and it was a great day of riding (ride reports here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=15672&page=13)). Let's make it even better this year!

So here's the plan:
Meeting point:
Rimutex (Caltex Rimutaka)
Meeting time:
10am
Departure time:
10:30am (sharpish)
Route:
Over the hill and then heading around the back of Lake Wairarapa to Martinborough where we'll stop for lunch, after lunch we're off again through the backroads heading towards Gladstone, then possibly out to the coast or in to Masterton (TBC, looking for ideas here)
Lunch: Pukemanu Tavern, Martinborough - There's a large dinning room and a great court yard space so it'll be perfect!
The pub will put on three choices for lunch:

Fish & Chips
Cold Roast Chicken & Salad
Beef Curry with Rice

Lunch will be about $12, can you PM me with your preferred lunch option so I can give the pub a bit of fore warning on numbers for each meal.
If you drink and ride, you're a bloody idiot and will create a dangerous situation for the other riders in the group. Personal responsibility is required here people!!!

We'll run three separate groups:

Novice - If you're lacking confidence or just want to have a real cruisy ride.
Intermediate - For those that are confident riding over the hill and through the twistys.
Expert - For those that are happy to set their own pace and know their limits.The Experts will depart first followed by the Intermediates and then the Novices, we'll set up points along the way to re-group.

If you find you've chosen the wrong group, either pull over and wait for the next group (signal you're OK to the sweeper as they pass) or move into the next group up at the next meeting point, please don't pass the leader of you group.

We'll arrange a leader and a tail end charlie for both the Novice and Intermediate groups (the "experts" can look after themselves), let me know if you're happy to volunteer. All levels of riding are most welcome although fluoro-vests are strictly prohibited (unless someone really wants to wear one).

No Bins Allowed

It would also be great to see some out of town riders, I'm sure between us Welly people we can put up the accommodation.

Please also register your attendance in the calendar (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=919&day=2006-10-1).

Unit
10th August 2006, 21:48
Cool to see some historical rides coming through on KB :rockon: It would be a long shot for us to make it down there, but then lotto might come in along with my boss letting me yet again fall sick and have to go motorcycling instead:wait:
50 bikes is a good crew. On a big ride up here we booked the dinner/watering hole ahead, and they really raised to the occasion. Have a great event and may the sun shine on the day:sunny:

jimbo600
10th August 2006, 21:50
Love to join ya, but I'll in a right mess at Oktoberfest in Cologne Germany

merv
10th August 2006, 21:52
I'd love to be there taking photos as usual but I'll be in Aus again on that date not getting back until 3 Oct. Have fun.

skelstar
11th August 2006, 00:28
Ill be there (sounds like a Jackson 5 song).

knight rider
11th August 2006, 00:31
I'm in.

can I make a sugestion though, Where ever we decided to have lunch can we give them maybe 2 days notce as to how many people are coming for lunch. This way they can put more staff on to cater for our large group. Last ride I went on was to lake ferry & oh my life did they struggle :) still it was an awesome ride

knight rider
11th August 2006, 00:33
hope fully I'll have my next bike by then. (gsxr1100) time for a suzuki the old honda has done its job

VasalineWarrior
11th August 2006, 00:46
Yeah, all things going according to plan il show my face at this one. Sounds like it'l need someone like me or Mikey to keep things respectable and under control

poorbastard
11th August 2006, 01:25
Argh bloody assignment due the day after that. If its done in time I'll be there otherwise I may have to give it a miss. The problem being its a group assignment so not only have to get my own ass organised which is hard enough.

Str8 Jacket
11th August 2006, 06:39
Yep im in. Great idea Slingshot :niceone:

Wasp
11th August 2006, 08:33
I'll be there.

Slingshot
11th August 2006, 09:17
Where ever we decided to have lunch can we give them maybe 2 days notce as to how many people are coming for lunch. This way they can put more staff on to cater for our large group.

Totally agree, last year we had lunch at the Pukemanu Pub in Martinborough. I'd called them and they had arranged to start the kitchen staff early, at that stage we were expecting 20 to 25 people. When 50 odd people turned up they just couldn't cope and we ended up waiting for ages.

We'll figure something out though for this year.

sels1
11th August 2006, 10:59
Totally agree, last year we had lunch at the Pukemanu Pub in Martinborough. I'd called them and they had arranged to start the kitchen staff early, at that stage we were expecting 20 to 25 people. When 50 odd people turned up they just couldn't cope and we ended up waiting for ages.

We'll figure something out though for this year.

Yes they said they could do a lot better if they had a better idea of numbers in advance, and thats difficult with these rides. Having said that, at least the pub had the dining room space, the outdoor area, and toilets to cope with a crowd (and a bar of course) - more so than a cafe. I think the pub is a good venue, if we can work in with the catering team.
I'm happy to do the tail end charlie thing again this year.

ajturbo
11th August 2006, 19:30
ooo if i have any money left from the BOB.. luke and I may just meet you at said pub........watch this space.... umm can we have a reminder?:yawn:

judecatmad
11th August 2006, 19:40
Is there room for a total nanna novice on a GN250? Would love to have a play with some other riders instead of just pootling to and from work each day (not that too much playing can be done on a GN! LOL). Hubby might not be able to come along, but I'd love to (if I'm not going to cramp anyone's style!)

Str8 Jacket
11th August 2006, 20:05
Is there room for a total nanna novice on a GN250? Would love to have a play with some other riders instead of just pootling to and from work each day (not that too much playing can be done on a GN! LOL). Hubby might not be able to come along, but I'd love to (if I'm not going to cramp anyone's style!)

Hi :) GN's might not be the biggest nor best bike in the world BUT they are still a bike... This time last year I was an absolute newbie on a GN 250 and these guy's let me come over the hill with them AND they even looked out for me... If you are up to a longer distance ride then definately come along. Someone will definately look out for you, the Welly guy's are awesome and make a point of it. If your not up to a longer distance ride then let me know. Im keen for a ride this weekend and would definately take you over, at your pace so you can experience it first.

Deano
11th August 2006, 20:15
Hubby might not be able to come along, but I'd love to (if I'm not going to cramp anyone's style!)

Cramp away - f**k em I say !!

Str8 Jacket
11th August 2006, 20:16
Cramp away - f**k em I say !!

Yep, he's right! come along or you'll never get the experience!

Shadows
11th August 2006, 20:31
Count me in

madmal64
11th August 2006, 21:24
Yep, he's right! come along or you'll never get the experience!
What she said.!:scooter: Always good to have new faces and bikers out.
Im in again! Was a good ride & turnout last time round.

et al
11th August 2006, 21:46
I am pretty sure 1st Oct will be start of Daylight Savings. Everyone will need to be on the ball and remember to "spring forward" 1 hour (I got caught out by this last year).

Colapop
11th August 2006, 21:47
*sigh* It sure would be nice to go on this ride...

skelstar
11th August 2006, 22:06
Hey Hels, are you SURE your GN lasted long enough to be at the Oct ride last year? :blip:

Skunk
11th August 2006, 22:15
*sigh* It sure would be nice to go on this ride...
I've got a KLX250 you can buy...

I'm sure it'll fit you.

Colapop
11th August 2006, 22:17
But then I'd have to wait to get a bike I really want...

Str8 Jacket
11th August 2006, 22:21
Hey Hels, are you SURE your GN lasted long enough to be at the Oct ride last year? :blip:

Right now I am dreaming of punching your head in....:(

But seriously no.... I had just written it offand Paul came and picked me up in his cage. went out with Stonechucker.... I was carryinig a small lake on my knee at the time. Its still numb now actually.

crazybigal
11th August 2006, 22:21
lake fairy hotel is a bonza place for lunch!!

Colapop
11th August 2006, 22:43
Its nice down that way

Sketchy_Racer
12th August 2006, 14:25
Hey that may be the maiden voyage for the almighty GPX (with 'mods' )

or ill whack the plates on the race 150 and give all you slow old c**t's a thrashing

sunhuntin
12th August 2006, 14:38

gn250...gets you from a-b with time to enjoy the view! i just play at the back of the group [first ride i went on, even the tail end charlie got fed up and left me to it, lmfao] but once the bikes warmed up, and running happy, sometimes even i cant keep up with her!

if it wasnt on a sunday, id be there no worries. sorry guys. have a great ride and ill be thinkin of ya!

Hawkeye
12th August 2006, 14:47
Unless something come up in work, I'll be there. I'll know nearer the time.

Wasp
12th August 2006, 15:41
heh i was thinking the other day that this ride was at the end of the month/start of next month but nope its the month AFTER that :gob: :wait:

knight rider
12th August 2006, 21:03
Unless something come up in work, I'll be there. I'll know nearer the time.

would be good if you came along. haven't seen ya in ages

MattRSK
13th August 2006, 14:18
I will be there :rockon:

mikey
13th August 2006, 23:32
Yeah, all things going according to plan il show my face at this one. Sounds like it'l need someone like me or Mikey to keep things respectable and under control

yeh ill be in the slow race bike category. everyone should bring there race bikes. lake ferry gp. race starts when you leave rimutex. get there how ever you want so its kind of a orienteering race as well.

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
14th August 2006, 10:46
I'm definitely going. Thanks to whoever is organising this - if ya need some help - I'd be happy to.

MikeyG
14th August 2006, 19:33

Don't worry about it. I'll be there on my GN and your sure to be faster than a fat bastard like me. Tried the hill on Sunday and the GN went way better than expected.

Right now I am dreaming of punching your head in....:(

Now now Helen, play nice.

Colapop
14th August 2006, 19:36
That's "Aunty Helen" isn't it?
She's always had delusions of granduer!:nya:

COP_B8
14th August 2006, 19:43
I will try and make it, am unsure what is happening that far out though.

judecatmad
14th August 2006, 20:25
Don't worry about it. I'll be there on my GN and your sure to be faster than a fat bastard like me. Tried the hill on Sunday and the GN went way better than expected.

LOL, you've not seen me going round a corner......

Str8 Jacket
14th August 2006, 20:29
That's "Aunty Helen" isn't it?
She's always had delusions of granduer!:nya:

Umm, ugly man looking lesbian? Delusions of granduer? hmmm just *what* are you trying to say Col, huh? :wait:

LOL, you've not seen me going round a corner......

Ah yeah, what you up to this weekend? Sorry keep forgetting to pm you...

Colapop
14th August 2006, 20:31
Umm, ugly man looking lesbian? Delusions of granduer? hmmm just *what* are you trying to say Col, huh? :wait:

Nothing like that - just read the comment on face value...

adam666
14th August 2006, 20:33
woohoo! Im KEEN!!

and being that its a good month and some away I should be able to get the cibby purring properly by then too :)

cant wait, look foward to meetin yall finally!

Str8 Jacket
14th August 2006, 20:39
Nothing like that - just read the comment on face value...

Teehee, I know. I was being sarcasms au....

Storm
14th August 2006, 20:40
Will be in notwithstanding unforseen problems or if it pisses down

merv
14th August 2006, 20:41
Str8 you never told me you were an aunty - and for one so young.

As for the other Helen you mentioned I can't see her matching you on a bike you would be no. :first:

judecatmad
14th August 2006, 21:58
Ah yeah, what you up to this weekend? Sorry keep forgetting to pm you...

Well, assuming I haven't been blown into the sea by Saturday, I'm hoping to get some practice in for 1/10. I hope the weather's good - I'm getting fed up with being blown about and p!ssed on!

apteryx_haasti
14th August 2006, 22:18
This sounds cool! I will try and finally make it to something so I can meet all y'all...

Hopefully will be there - bummer that it's about 2 weeks before I can sit my restricted. Still all good practice, aye?!?!

madmal64
14th August 2006, 22:23
Wow:gob: looks like ther could be at least 3 GN's. That could be a record.

judecatmad
14th August 2006, 22:28
This sounds cool! I will try and finally make it to something so I can meet all y'all...

Hopefully will be there - bummer that it's about 2 weeks before I can sit my restricted. Still all good practice, aye?!?!

I'm still on my learner's......I could've sat my restricted ages ago but I keep putting it off!

_intense_
14th August 2006, 22:43
I'm in.

can I make a sugestion though, Where ever we decided to have lunch can we give them maybe 2 days notce as to how many people are coming for lunch. This way they can put more staff on to cater for our large group. Last ride I went on was to lake ferry & oh my life did they struggle :) still it was an awesome ride

V. thoughtful. give this rider a gold star.
-Oh and count me in for the ride, it'd be great to meet some more of the home-town team. now... what to wear....

Bend-it
15th August 2006, 00:02
Woo hoo!! Has been ages since I've been on a KB ride... will try to make this one!!

Plus, rumour has it that the weather will be improving!

Steam
15th August 2006, 05:36
With me in, that's at least 4 GN's and two L-plates. No beers for us! And my brother who I will persuade, makes five and three!

Wasp
15th August 2006, 08:02
I think Buck is planning on comming too so thats another gn + L, no beers for me either..... will be 22 days and counting on that day...

sels1
15th August 2006, 08:12
will be 22 days and counting on that day...

We are looking forward to your big shout..........

See if you can get a few of the other Palmy guys along too??

sunhuntin
15th August 2006, 14:00
With me in, that's at least 4 GN's and two L-plates. No beers for us! And my brother who I will persuade, makes five and three!

if i wasnt working, itd be 6 and 4! LOL. i could have gone for my restricted a few months back [been on it over a year now] just cant be bothered, and dont want to in this weather. honestly...cant really see the advantage of getting restricted...still got all the limitations of a learner, minus the plate. my plate is only half there [the tyre got hungry, lol] so its not a big deal. plus cant afford to upgrade right now.

Drum
15th August 2006, 14:07
...cant really see the advantage of getting restricted...

So you can get your full?

Wasp
15th August 2006, 14:37
well said drum.

also you can legally do 100km/h

skelstar
15th August 2006, 15:19
I can see a GN photo opportunity right there. If someone has something against them they would make a sizeable target as well ;).

Str8 Jacket
15th August 2006, 15:20
I can see a GN photo opportunity right there. If someone has something against them they would make a sizeable target as well ;).

And if anyone is sick of their GN by the time we get out to Martinborough I can do my best at "modifying" it. You'll probably need full insurance though.....

skelstar
15th August 2006, 15:28
I think I found your 'modifying corner' on google earth the other day too Hels.

[edit] - and here it is!!!

Bend-it
15th August 2006, 16:19
Very cool! We could have a GN gang here! Leather jackets, GN250 patches an all!

Str8 Jacket
15th August 2006, 16:29

[edit] - and here it is!!!

Ah the memories, I think I can see my pole! :love: Great pole that one. Arrive with a GN and within 2 weeks I got a KR!
I think the guy that tried it a month or so after me didnt come "off" so well though....

skelstar
15th August 2006, 16:34
I think arrive is one way of putting it.

I swear I slam the anchors on everytime I get to that POS corner and its still as dangerous as anything.

Hels, go have a look for your other fave modifying spot :)

Jase W
15th August 2006, 17:55
I'll prolly be able to make it

merv
15th August 2006, 18:22

Is that Hell Corner then? They've got one of those at Bathurst.

judecatmad
15th August 2006, 21:13

Watch it.....! LOL

madmal64
15th August 2006, 21:52

Yeah Slingshot may have to rename it the great Gn'er ride!

Hey! the more the merrier:Punk:

Colapop
15th August 2006, 22:10
Can I come?

Slingshot
16th August 2006, 19:32
Yes they said they could do a lot better if they had a better idea of numbers in advance, and thats difficult with these rides. Having said that, at least the pub had the dining room space, the outdoor area, and toilets to cope with a crowd (and a bar of course) - more so than a cafe. I think the pub is a good venue, if we can work in with the catering team.
I'm happy to do the tail end charlie thing again this year.

Thanks for the offer...Novice or Intermediate group?

I'm definitely going. Thanks to whoever is organising this - if ya need some help - I'd be happy to.

Cheers...It's actually fairly easy to organise so I should be fine...I'll sing out if I need a hand. Are you keen to lead or go sweeper for one of the groups?

Yeah Slingshot may have to rename it the great Gn'er ride!
Hey! the more the merrier:Punk:

Like hell :dodge:
GN's are most welcome but I'd like to have a good cross section of the motorcycling community represented.

Can I come?

No. You would need to have a bike to ride :psst: so I guess if you've got a bike then ok!

MattRSK
16th August 2006, 19:40
I cant wait! 47 days to go!

Colapop
16th August 2006, 19:49
...No. You would need to have a bike to ride :psst: so I guess if you've got a bike then ok!
Oh ok I'll have to pass then - perhaps...010906

Str8 Jacket
16th August 2006, 20:13
perhaps...010906

Is then when you're getting a bike? If so, what?

Colapop
16th August 2006, 20:19
What... ? Me...??

Nothing to see here people ... move along...

Insanity_rules
16th August 2006, 21:49
I'm so there, can't wait!

MattRSK
16th August 2006, 21:50
still 47 days to go unfourtunatley. 46 tomorrow though.

Terminated
19th August 2006, 23:38
Hey all

Golf November Two Five Zero and I look forward to meeting up with you for the ride over there.

Heads Up And Enjoy

WasPhantom
23rd August 2006, 08:49
Wow:gob: looks like ther could be at least 3 GN's. That could be a record.

Make that 4, alas I won't have my restricted by then either but *shrug* it'll still be a blast :Punk:

phoenixgtr
23rd August 2006, 10:24
Definately looking forward to this, although I had a faint feeling that something was happening that weekend. Oh well, I'm sure this is more important.

My bike will be well and truly sorted by then. New tyres on Monday, Yay!!

Hmmm...it must be just about time to restart TCWNR

Wasp
23rd August 2006, 10:46
Im keen to do tcwnr again, ive been going out for short night time rides for awhile now.

skelstar
23rd August 2006, 10:48
I imagine if you organise it Wasp, it will happen (trying to avoid Kev Costner movie quotes).

Wasp
23rd August 2006, 11:47
But i hate getting off my fat lazy ass and organising stuff, ahhh well - i'll check the weather on monday.

MikeyG
23rd August 2006, 17:51
Got my restricted on Monday but I think I'll have to put the L plate back on to match the other GN's

Velox
23rd August 2006, 19:01
Got my restricted on Monday but I think I'll have to put the L plate back on to match the other GN's
Woohoo!!! Congrats mate.:scooter:

Shadows
23rd August 2006, 19:51
Im keen to do tcwnr again, ive been going out for short night time rides for awhile now.

You passed me the other night, nice new leathers you have there mate :yes:

Wasp
23rd August 2006, 23:23
:gob: i did? wherebouts? cheers, theyre pretty sweet :)

I did pahatanui inlet after work today, sunstrike (and traffic) was a bit of a problem but nothing i couldnt put up with.

Ms Piggy
24th August 2006, 23:04
I may just be able to make it! I just gotta remember.

poorbastard
24th August 2006, 23:37
Looking good I may well have the new toy legal of sorts with a new set of forks, now just to sus some temp lights and get that assignment finished on time.

wolverine_nz
25th August 2006, 00:45
Sounds sweet!

This will be my first KB ride, so be gentle with me. :mellow:

Crossing fingers for sunshine :sunny:

:Punk: "Look at that guy with the green hair, he thinks he's a punk rocker........... you F##KIN hippie!":Punk:

Wasp
25th August 2006, 08:44
Don't worry wolverine, fatjim rides a vtr100 firestorm too, welcome to kb mate.

Str8 Jacket
25th August 2006, 09:09

You sure about that mate?! :p

I mean I know he has a new bike and all, BUT.....

Wasp
25th August 2006, 10:36
well i would retort by saying that its slow enough to be a 100cc but its not true...

go away you big meanie!

Kendog
25th August 2006, 10:38
I may just be able to make it! I just gotta remember.

I'll send ya a pm and remind you!!! Be good to see ya!:sunny:
Mrs KD.

Shadows
25th August 2006, 12:08
:gob: i did? wherebouts?

It was on the Melling Bridge, I was in my cage. If I was on the bike I would have given chase :P

Fatjim
25th August 2006, 12:30
Can I come?
So I heard, in less than 2 minutes too.

Fatjim
25th August 2006, 12:34
Oh, and I'll be there.

Bugger, thats ruined it for a few.

wolverine_nz
25th August 2006, 13:09

Cheers dude.

Hard to belive the bike I have now is 10 times the size of the bike I learnt on. DR100 :mellow:

Clivoris
26th August 2006, 17:00
Count me in chaps and chapettes. Barring domestic crisis of course.

Madness
26th August 2006, 19:39
I'll be there, probably in the intermediate group me thinks.

I just got my computer back after a month of warranty repairs, a whole month without KB!! The Big Red Zed got a wash as a result.

Roll on Daylight Savings & the end of constant rain.

Sketchy_Racer
26th August 2006, 19:49
Good to have you back MAXIMUS !!

I was wondering where you hd vanished too

Wasp
26th August 2006, 23:39
I just got my computer back after a month of warranty repairs, a whole month without KB!! The Big Red Zed got a wash as a result.
Bah you shoulda said Maximus, I coulda lent you something. (oh yea, how could you have told me? :doh: run around the hutt till you find me :rofl:)

Oh and thats one nice stealth mode skeleton, got one in camo?:not:

wolverine_nz
27th August 2006, 02:14
Can someone go over the different groups for a newbie?

Guessing im in the intermediate group also

Wasp
27th August 2006, 10:12
basicallly

1. hoons
2. people who want to push the 100 km/h barrier and havebeen around for awhile (ill be here)
3. L plate riders and people who dont want to be in the second group

Matt
27th August 2006, 20:08
Got my pass out for the day, so planning to make it my first KB event - think I'll probably be in the 3rd group!

Matt

MattRSK
27th August 2006, 20:17
Right got my bike all working now. Will be along for the ride. Maybe group 2.

Dadpole
27th August 2006, 22:40
I will be there - in fact I am half way there already. Assuming, of course, the new bearings & bits for the suspension turn up!

Zapf
28th August 2006, 01:33
Ermm I might just come down for this :) will be good to meet some of the Welly KB crew... and riding fitness for GC.

skelstar
28th August 2006, 13:23
Be good to have you down for this Zapf. Should be a good day.

phoenixgtr
28th August 2006, 13:53
Well my bikes all sorted. 2 new tyres, yippee!! Can't wait to get back out and riding again

Kendog
28th August 2006, 14:18
That's great news.

Jase W
30th August 2006, 19:10

Queue Tui ad.

sels1
31st August 2006, 13:57

Ever heard the term "spring rain"? often used in the same sentence as "equinox winds" ha
Will make offering to weather gods to organise a nice day

Zapf
31st August 2006, 22:05
Be good to have you down for this Zapf. Should be a good day.

Tkns, any idea if Velox will be along?

Looking for a place to stay in Wellington on Sat night if you know of any...

Colapop
1st September 2006, 21:40
Would anybody be overly upset if I rode my bike on this ride?? :gob: :yes:

sexy beast
1st September 2006, 21:51
is there one for auckland...?????

Slingshot
2nd September 2006, 00:14
Would anybody be overly upset if I rode my bike on this ride?? :gob: :yes:

Not at all...please feel free!!!

is there one for auckland...?????

It's just waiting to be orgainsed...perhaps you could put your hand up for that role.

jumma
2nd September 2006, 00:32
Add another Bandit to that list. I'm in, plus at least two others who can't use computers.

fastrider
7th September 2006, 12:43
Wicked idea R6 boy, look forward to seeing you on the other side when you eventually make it...ya grandpa :scooter:

Seriously, great event, looking forward to meeting a whole lot of fellow two-wheeled friends ;)

Heres hoping for fine weather, and clear roads!

adam666
7th September 2006, 13:10
woohoo its gonna be a good one!!

finally sorted all my issues out I believe, apart from getting some mirrors for the wof.

all set!! cant wait!

Spider
8th September 2006, 23:54
basicallly

1. hoons
2. people who want to push the 100 km/h barrier and havebeen around for awhile (ill be here)
3. L plate riders and people who dont want to be in the second group

I'm in, hoping that the weather agrees with my riding gear and other commitments. I'll probably be in the third group, lack of riding recently and getting used to the recently purchased bike...

Colapop
9th September 2006, 09:19
Oooo exitement building!

Wasp
9th September 2006, 15:15
*jaws theme* not long to go now....... do..doo....do..doo...

Spider
10th September 2006, 00:28
*jaws theme* not long to go now....... do..doo....do..doo...

ARRGGHHHHH, SAVE ME!!....

gijoe1313
10th September 2006, 23:37
Well, got my rear tank bag to hold all my personals and unmentionables for the great tour ride down to Welly way! Seeing as I'm down there for some time, I may as well ride with the Welly crew on 1st October. Not as if I needed much of an excuse just to ride!

Will be great to meet and greet some of the people behind the nicks on kb!

Excelsior!

wolverine_nz
11th September 2006, 00:23
So....

What do I need to bring? Cash I guess :yes: , Riding skills, etc..???

What not to bring? Fluro vest :nono: , Pack rack???

Help me out here guys and gals.

skelstar
11th September 2006, 09:10
Cash. Skills.

Vest is optional, but you'll be taking the optional route as well...and be sitting at a table with like-vested individuals :).

Slingshot
11th September 2006, 09:45
So....

What do I need to bring? Cash I guess :yes: , Riding skills, etc..???

What not to bring? Fluro vest :nono: , Pack rack???

Help me out here guys and gals.

Cash and skills - check.

Camera might also be a good idea.

Wasp
11th September 2006, 11:03
Just bring whatever you would take on a normal ride.

merv
11th September 2006, 13:37
Cash and skills - check.

Camera might also be a good idea.

Yep take your camera because while I normally take pics for you I'll be in Brisbane for this one. Have fun.

Zapf
11th September 2006, 18:35
Well, got my rear tank bag to hold all my personals and unmentionables for the great tour ride down to Welly way! Seeing as I'm down there for some time, I may as well ride with the Welly crew on 1st October. Not as if I needed much of an excuse just to ride!

Will be great to meet and greet some of the people behind the nicks on kb!

Excelsior!

you travelling down on the 29/30th? As I'll be riding down to Wellington on those days, company would be great.

Storm
15th September 2006, 15:14

Unforseen problem has reared its ugly head- I'm heading to the sounds for 6 weeks:bye:
Have a great time everyone else:scooter:

Zapf
16th September 2006, 00:58
Looking for accomdation for the Sat night in Wellington.. any suggestions?

thanks.

Colapop
16th September 2006, 15:13
I've been training on the hill so I don't look to be too much of a newb..

I can't help sorry Zapf, unless you don't mind the dog licking your ear!

skelstar
17th September 2006, 22:25
I've been training on the hill so I don't look to be too much of a newb..
Mate dont do that!....dont even worry about it. There will be so many bikes you just get in the queue and get yourself over there safely.

makes note to increase training frequency

Wasp
18th September 2006, 08:30
Thursday night then o' mighty Skelator?

COP_B8
18th September 2006, 09:23
If anyone has a spare pillion seat and plans on going in the slower groups and wants their gas/pies paid for im keen to come along.

Str8 Jacket
18th September 2006, 09:24
If anyone has a spare pillion seat and plans on going in the slower groups and wants their gas/pies paid for im keen to come along.

Whats happened to your bike?

COP_B8
18th September 2006, 15:38
Problem with the boys in blue, wont be seeing it for another 27days

skelstar
18th September 2006, 16:02
Maybe Wasp. Will see.

adiddy
18th September 2006, 18:34
Problem with the boys in blue, wont be seeing it for another 27days

did you loose it on that ride on the thursday?!
i would take you but i have an exam on the 25th so looks like my labour weekend this year is gonna be lame

adiddy
18th September 2006, 18:37
wrong posst sorry

Colapop
18th September 2006, 20:37
Another 300k of training over the hill on Saturday... I may be able to keep up with Hels on this ride... W00T!!

Wasp
18th September 2006, 22:13
you sure col? she's quite fast these days you know :yes:

COP_B8
18th September 2006, 23:24
No relates to stupidity on my part over the weekend

knight rider
19th September 2006, 00:38
No relates to stupidity on my part over the weekend

that sux poos cam

Slingshot
21st September 2006, 13:40
Details of lunch update, please check out the first post again!!

Link to the first post. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=713288&postcount=1)

Colapop
21st September 2006, 13:49
you sure col? she's quite fast these days you know :yes:
Shit! Is she ... really? I was kinda hoping.. oh well bugger it... I'll have to continue wearing water wings then...:baby:

madmal64
21st September 2006, 13:49
You are a bloody legend Slingshot!

The Big J
21st September 2006, 13:54
OK,
I'll come along as a random newbie.

Also, could bring a mate if that's cool. He is a real newbie. Had his licence not long but only doing his first real ride this weekend - will take him over the takas and get him used to things. will he be ok?

degrom
21st September 2006, 14:22
OK,

Also, could bring a mate if that's cool. He is a real newbie. Had his licence not long but only doing his first real ride this weekend - will take him over the takas and get him used to things. will he be ok?

Why not???

There are a lot of beginners and we will all keep a look out for the total biginners...
(Bring him along!!!)

Wasp
21st September 2006, 15:15
oh wowweee this is a turn out - TWO VTZs and a VT250F!!!!!!

The Big J
21st September 2006, 15:25
i see I've bought into a legacy...
Will bring him along, I'll tell him to register to sign into the calendar thing. Until next fortnight!

Slingshot
21st September 2006, 15:41
OK,

The more the merrier!

Colapop
21st September 2006, 15:49
i see I've bought into a legacy...
Will bring him along, I'll tell him to register to sign into the calendar thing. Until next fortnight!
Be gentle with him this weekend...:buggerd:

Paul in NZ
21st September 2006, 20:14
At this stage the TR6C has a lot of tweaking to be done on it and a lot of miles to be racked up to run it in... However, it's just possible it may make a guest appearance.....

The engine is still to be treated with kid gloves (rats) so I will be in bimbling mode and may not do the ride so as not to hold folks up but will definately try to make the meeting spot..

Slingshot
21st September 2006, 21:13
At this stage the TR6C has a lot of tweaking to be done on it and a lot of miles to be racked up to run it in... However, it's just possible it may make a guest appearance.....

The engine is still to be treated with kid gloves (rats) so I will be in bimbling mode and may not do the ride so as not to hold folks up but will definately try to make the meeting spot..

How about sweeper in the novice group then??

apteryx_haasti
21st September 2006, 21:37

Oh crap - are we going to need someone to sweep up after us? I didn't know there was a demolition derby leg!

Slingshot
21st September 2006, 21:48
How about tail end charlie in the novice group then??
Oh crap - are we going to need someone to sweep up after us? I didn't know there was a demolition derby leg!

I've re-phrased that :whistle:

rwh
21st September 2006, 22:54
oh wowweee this is a turn out - TWO VTZs and a VT250F!!!!!!

I intend to come, but I don't think I'd said so; was it mine you were counting? Or are we up to 2 VT250Fs now?

Am I supposed to register somewhere more formal? Is it acceptable to just fail to turn up once I've said I'm coming here? I hope that won't happen, of course ...

Richard

Wasp
21st September 2006, 22:57
Yea i was counting you (wouldnt mind another though!)

well i havnt signed up formally (we're supposed to?!), and judging by how i've failed to turn up to rides that ive said im going on (but its windy and cold and my bed is soooo warm.....:crybaby:) should be fine if something comes up.

Slingshot
21st September 2006, 23:02
I intend to come, but I don't think I'd said so; was it mine you were counting? Or are we up to 2 VT250Fs now?

Am I supposed to register somewhere more formal? Is it acceptable to just fail to turn up once I've said I'm coming here? I hope that won't happen, of course ...

Richard

It's be great if you good indicate you're coming in the calendar, it helps me give the pub an idea of how many mouths they have to feed.
I figure closer to the date I should get a better idea of the numbers anyway.

Shadows
22nd September 2006, 00:59
No Bins Aloud

I don't think people should even be allowed to have quiet bins!

Anyway, pencil me in for a beef curry as I would be interested to hear how it augments my exhaust note.

Paul in NZ
22nd September 2006, 06:46

Have to play it by ear - as it depends on how many km's I have on it by then as until then I'm pretty limited on the open road until I rack up a few more... (actually even after then it's not a road burner)

I have a lot of stuff to do this weekend so if it rains we should be good to go.. Thats the plan anyway.

Happy to wobble about with the GN's et all - we will follow similar lines I suspect - big wheels narrow tyre..

Slingshot
22nd September 2006, 09:00
I don't think people should even be allowed to have quiet bins!

I've been Hitchered!!:hitcher:

Clivoris
22nd September 2006, 12:54
Many apologies.
I had expressed an interest in this ride but am now committed to a ride around the East Cape and Coromandel. I was looking forward to meeting youse in the flesh too. Have a good ride peeps.

madmal64
22nd September 2006, 20:01
Many apologies.
I had expressed an interest in this ride but am now committed to a ride around the East Cape and Coromandel. I was looking forward to meeting youse in the flesh too. Have a good ride peeps.

What! you choose The East Cape over the Taka's:Pokey:
Oh btw I think I would do the same. Have a good time Clive!

Clivoris
22nd September 2006, 20:07
What! you choose The East Cape over the Taka's:Pokey:
Oh btw I think I would do the same. Have a good time Clive!

I knows you got other commitments going on at the same time but the invite's always there. I'll be riding with some good bro's and having some fun.

madmal64
22nd September 2006, 20:28
I knows you got other commitments going on at the same time but the invite's always there. I'll be riding with some good bro's and having some fun.

Cheers M8. I would if I could but I cant so I wont.
Next time.

knight rider
24th September 2006, 11:37
I may have to pull out. I've snapped the chain on the gsxr on the way back from napier & it has done alot of damage to the bike. Am gonna ask tss to come & pick it up but I don't think they'll be able to get the parts in time. Fingers crossed

sels1
25th September 2006, 11:04
I may have to pull out. I've snapped the chain on the gsxr on the way back from napier & it has done alot of damage to the bike. Am gonna ask tss to come & pick it up but I don't think they'll be able to get the parts in time. Fingers crossed

First your phone and now this. Hope it all comes together in time.

knight rider
26th September 2006, 10:48
First your phone and now this. Hope it all comes together in time.

yeah I know am not having much good luck lately. Still it's nothing money can't fix/replace

Str8 Jacket
26th September 2006, 14:44
Im really bummed but due to financial difficulties I cant make this ride. Should I delete my name from the confirmed list Slingshot?

skelstar
26th September 2006, 14:49
Are we talking about a tank of gas here str8? Im happy to spring for some.

Wasp
26th September 2006, 15:06
and i'll shout ya lunch :yes:

Colapop
26th September 2006, 15:11
I'll offer moral support and a weedeater...

(more if needed - you know my number)

Str8 Jacket
26th September 2006, 15:12
Are we talking about a tank of gas here str8? Im happy to spring for some.
Probably be a few tanks as I can only do 150k's before needing to re-fuel!

and i'll shout ya lunch :yes:
lol, do you know how much I eat?!!!

Thanks heaps for the offers guy's but I dont really feel comfortable taking money from anyone. Really really nice of you both to offer though.... Wasp apparently ive given you too much rep already sowwy...

Str8 Jacket
26th September 2006, 15:14
I'll offer moral support and a weedeater...

Oh actually my bush has become over grown again. My pussy does love my bush though.... :whistle:

Colapop
26th September 2006, 15:18
Well I've got the weedeater for your bush and the jigsaw to sort out your pussy...

Str8 Jacket
26th September 2006, 15:20
Well I've got the weedeater for your bush and the jigsaw to sort out your pussy...

Sweet, i'll be in touch. Was thinking I might spend the day in the "bush" on the 1st while youse fullas are out riding, that way I wont feel so bad!

Dadpole
26th September 2006, 22:46
And my suspension bits are still winging? their way from nipponland.
not much good having a one-wheeled bike is it?

MikeyG
27th September 2006, 08:52
Have replaced fork seals and put heavier oil in the front forks. Rear wheel is in boot of car to go and get a new tyre. But now my electrics have died so I'm not sure if I'll make it on sun

Wasp
27th September 2006, 09:49
whas wrong with the 'lectrics?

MattRSK
27th September 2006, 18:13
WOF + Rego this saturday and I will be good to go!

sels1
27th September 2006, 20:41
Si and I are meeting at Mobil by the traffic lights at Kapiti at 9am and will meet another rider at Pauatahanui Challange Stn around 9.30. All other Kapiti and Mana riders welcome to join us at either of these locations.

MattRSK
27th September 2006, 20:43
Si and I are meeting at Mobil by the traffic lights at Kapiti at 9am and will meet another rider at Pauatahanui Challange Stn around 9.30. All other Kapiti and Mana riders welcome to join us at either of these locations.

Most likely see you at Pauatahanui Challenge at 9:30 then Sels. Was the same place we met last time im sure!

Crasherfromwayback
27th September 2006, 20:53

Shit...after all of the abuse and bullshit I've sprouted here, I may just have to finally join you all!

MattRSK
27th September 2006, 20:57
Shit...after all of the abuse and bullshit I've sprouted here, I may just have to finally join you all!

That would be good!

Crasherfromwayback
27th September 2006, 21:00
That would be good!

Yeah for sure it'd be good to put a few faces to some names.

I'm sure I'll know a heap of you, but not from here......20 years in the industry and you see a lot of bikers.

Sketchy_Racer
27th September 2006, 21:40
I will be meeting at Mobil with Sels1 and the guys, but i will be heading over the akatarawas, due to piecock hill being closed

MattRSK
27th September 2006, 21:46
I will be meeting at Mobil with Sels1 and the guys, but i will be heading over the akatarawas, due to piecock hill being closed

Oh yeah I forgot about that, dammit.

Spider
27th September 2006, 22:45

I'll probably turn up at Mobil, assuming the weather agrees with my wet weather gear, which is pathetic. The forcast isn't looking too god, but then, they don't get it right very often the day before even.

KLOWN
28th September 2006, 01:46
it takes too long to sort through 13 pages of talk, any people from palmy going and want to meet up before heading down there???

KLOWN
28th September 2006, 02:19
just checking, this is the caltex at 1193 fergusson drive, maoribank, upperhutt?

James Deuce
28th September 2006, 06:00
Indeed it is.

http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/upper+hutt/brown+owl/fergusson+drive/

sels1
28th September 2006, 10:53

Dont quote me but I "heard" (:whistle: )that bikes could still get over the Piecock hill, specially on Sundays when the contractors arent working

poorbastard
28th September 2006, 19:22
Looks like I mite not be coming unless I can find a set of headers for the ZXR.

Riped the head off to have a look at the exhaust and repair the hole and ended up finding it cracked through in 2 places and a hole in another. Its pretty much stuffed. Will try buckets n bits in the morning.

phoenixgtr
28th September 2006, 19:35
Looks like I mite not be coming unless I can find a set of headers for the ZXR.

Riped the head off to have a look at the exhaust and repair the hole and ended up finding it cracked through in 2 places and a hole in another. Its pretty much stuffed. Will try buckets n bits in the morning.

Oh bugger dude

poorbastard
28th September 2006, 20:24
Oh bugger dude

Yea thats what I thought but in a few different words when I got it off:mad:

Colapop
28th September 2006, 21:09
Not to put a damper on things but you might be joined by a few more riders if the weather keeps up this crap!

James Deuce
28th September 2006, 21:12
Supposed to be Sunny Saturday and Cloudy Sunday with no rain.

Slingshot
28th September 2006, 21:14
Not to put a damper on things but you might be joined by a few more riders if the weather keeps up this crap!

Weather forecast for Sunday:

Wellington - Cloud Increasing, some rain. Northwesterlies dying out.

Masterton - Cloud Increasing, brief rain possible. Dying Northwesterlies.

So it's not looking like a perfect day...but I'd say it's still going to be good enough to ride!!!

Colapop
28th September 2006, 21:17
Good - coz I'm chickenshit in the rain. And I really wanna go on this ride.

Slingshot
28th September 2006, 21:19

Harden up!!!

It's just two parts of Hydrogen and one part oxygen, it won't hurt you.

MattRSK
28th September 2006, 21:21
Harden up!!!

It's just two parts of Hydrogen and one part oxygen, it won't hurt you.

One part tar, two parts gravel might!

Slingshot
28th September 2006, 21:23
OK People...I'm looking for someone to ride sweep for the Novice group.

You don't really need to do anything other than stay at the back of the group to make sure no one gets lost.

PM me.

Cheers John

Colapop
28th September 2006, 21:28
I won't be any use... probably more use as a sea anchor than a sweeper..:crybaby:

madmal64
28th September 2006, 21:43

Cmon take a concrete pill (harden up). Its only water.

phoenixgtr
28th September 2006, 21:43
OK People...I'm looking for someone to ride sweep for the Novice group.

You don't really need to do anything other than stay at the back of the group to make sure no one gets lost.

PM me.

Cheers John

Sorry, I'd get bored too quickly

Slingshot
28th September 2006, 21:51
Here's a map of the intended route:

The red line takes us to Martinborough, the green line takes us from Martinborough through the backblocks of Wairarapa.

There are a couple of different routes for the second part of the journey so we'll decide at lunch which one suits.

MattRSK
28th September 2006, 21:55

The red line takes us to Martinborough, the green line takes us from Martinborough through the backblocks of Wairarapa.

There are a couple of different routes for the second part of the journey so we'll decide at lunch which one suits.

Clear as mud mate :p

phoenixgtr
28th September 2006, 21:58

Cool. Looks good.

(In case you couldn't tell I'm really looking forward to this ride)

MattRSK
28th September 2006, 22:12
Cool. Looks good.

(In case you couldn't tell I'm really looking forward to this ride)

I will second that!

Dadpole
28th September 2006, 23:29
I used the Mbro to Mstn road today. The road is clear of hazards (gravel, dirt etc) except for two (very) small patches 1.5 & 2.5 km from the turnoff from Hinikura road onto the Mbro to Mstn. They are well posted with warning signs.
The Ponatahi road has no problems.
I make no guarantees about hazards involving flashing lights.
Enjoy yourselves & :Playnice:

Spider
28th September 2006, 23:56
Supposed to be Sunny Saturday and Cloudy Sunday with no rain.

I'll take your forcast, my forcast is crap! :cool:

Korea
29th September 2006, 02:54

Damn~ that looks like so much fun (rain or shine).
Wish I was there already to enjoy it with the rest of youse.
Have a good one; safe riding everyone :bye:

Hawkeye
29th September 2006, 07:05

Shit, that looks a long way. I don't think I've ever ridden that far in one ride. Does anyone have any idea how long the ride is going to take? I'm still on restricted and need to be back in my coffin before 10pm :laugh:

James Deuce
29th September 2006, 07:08
You'll be home before dark Hawkeye. You don't have to do the whole ride. There will be people heading home from just about every stop.

Forecast seems to now be rain Saturday, rain Sunday.

Of course that's bound to change.

Str8 Jacket
29th September 2006, 07:47
You'll be home before dark Hawkeye.

Yes, most likely true.

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS STARTS ON SUNDAY SO DONT FORGET TO TURN YOUR CLOCK FORWARD ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!

Otherwise we are going to have people arriving at the wrong time. As much as this would amuse me I dont think many others will find it very funny! hehe

Colapop
29th September 2006, 07:57
What page is the map on?

hsvboy06
29th September 2006, 09:49
Here's a map of the intended route...
I'm a bit concerned about the places where our intended route leaves the road... :lol:

Wasp
29th September 2006, 10:24
OOOOhhhhhhh i know that road well! - I'll finally be able to figure out how the hell i stuffed up white rock to martinborough last christmas!!! :rofl::2thumbsup (could the tail end charlie please please make sure i dont get lost? going by record its higly likely :innocent:)

sels1
29th September 2006, 11:31
Forecast seems to now be rain Saturday, rain Sunday.
Of course that's bound to change.

And it has, sort of. Just spoke to the Forecast Room and they are still going with Northwesterlies and cloudy and possible light rain/drizzle on the Upper Hutt side but cloud higher and dry and fine spells on the Wairarapa side.
Overall not too bad - bring your wet weather gear and with a bit of luck you wont need it. (Murphys Law!)

Wasp
29th September 2006, 11:52
aaahhhh a ride in the rain with sels1, what memories.... (didnt we bring our wet weather gear that day too AND need it? I never will trust your weather reports anyway...)

rwh
29th September 2006, 12:10
Shit, that looks a long way. I don't think I've ever ridden that far in one ride. Does anyone have any idea how long the ride is going to take? I'm still on restricted and need to be back in my coffin before 10pm :laugh:

Me too (well, learners actually) - but I'm more worried about petrol. How far is it from Rimutex to Martinborough by that route? I usually manage about 160km per tank - will I need to top up in Featherston?

Richard

James Deuce
29th September 2006, 12:13
Might want to top up in Martinborough. You'll make it there from Upper Hutt easily

Wasp
29th September 2006, 12:31
fill up at rimutex, top up in featherston, top up in martinborough, top up in masterton.

i went freom martinborough out to white rock (right out to the coast) and then back along the left of that lake on a single tank of gas on the VTZ - you'll be fine rwh

Str8 Jacket
29th September 2006, 12:32
Me too (well, learners actually) - but I'm more worried about petrol. How far is it from Rimutex to Martinborough by that route? I usually manage about 160km per tank - will I need to top up in Featherston?

Richard

Dont stress, I have to fill mine up every 150 K's and as Jim says im fine riding from Rimutex to MArtinborough. Just fill up again in Martinborough before we leave if your worried...

riffer
29th September 2006, 12:45
Well guys, I hope you all have a great time.

Unfortunately, it's access weekend for me, and the kids come first.

Hope to catch up on the next ride.

magicfairy
29th September 2006, 12:54
Dont stress, I have to fill mine up every 150 K's and as Jim says im fine riding from Rimutex to MArtinborough. Just fill up again in Martinborough before we leave if your worried...

I fill up about every 160k and can get from Miramar to Martinborough via the Western Lake Rd on a tank.

MikeyG
29th September 2006, 13:18
whas wrong with the 'lectrics?

They don't go!

My guesses are the fuse blew, the ignition switch died or I bust something putting the forks back on. Hopefully just the fuse.

Paul in NZ
29th September 2006, 13:33
Where are you located?

Perhaps I can take a look see for ya? PM me

MattRSK
29th September 2006, 17:22
All Manawatu KB'ers coming on this ride I will be meeting at Fitzherbert BP at 8am if you are keen!

MikeyG
29th September 2006, 17:41
Where are you located?

Perhaps I can take a look see for ya? PM me

Cheers for the offer Paul but I should be able to manage. There isn't too much on a GN to go wrong I figure a half hour with the multimeter and I'll find the problem.

Paul in NZ
29th September 2006, 18:37
Cheers for the offer Paul but I should be able to manage. There isn't too much on a GN to go wrong I figure a half hour with the multimeter and I'll find the problem.

Sweet as!! Might see you sunday.

Moxy
29th September 2006, 18:59
Ok. I was extremely excited about coming on the ride. Today I lubed up the chain on my ZX6, and when rotating the wheel I found a screw embedded in center of the tyre - totally flush with the tyre (1 week old Conti Road-attack)

Hoping the tread would be deep enough that the tyre isn't fully punctured, I proceeded to leverage the screw out only to hear hissing. Stopped leveraging the screw, and it's in place flush with the tyre once again. Seems odd to me that it didn't pop out with the ~40psi in the tyre.

The tyre is still fully inflated, and until I put the lube on, I had no idea that a screw was embedded within.

I'll get it patched up tomorrow morning. I read in another thread that it's not a good idea to ride over 80k with a tyre patched up within the last 24 hours.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fucked.

Deano
29th September 2006, 19:09
Ok. I was extremely excited about coming on the ride. Today I lubed up the chain on my ZX6, and when rotating the wheel I found a screw embedded in center of the tyre - totally flush with the tyre (1 week old Conti Road-attack)

Hoping the tread would be deep enough that the tyre isn't fully punctured, I proceeded to leverage the screw out only to hear hissing. Stopped leveraging the screw, and it's in place flush with the tyre once again. Seems odd to me that it didn't pop out with the ~40psi in the tyre.

The tyre is still fully inflated, and until I put the lube on, I had no idea that a screw was embedded within.

I'll get it patched up tomorrow morning. I read in another thread that it's not a good idea to ride over 80k with a tyre patched up within the last 24 hours.

It will be close to 24 hours though......personally I wouldn't worry about it. But that's just me.

Kendog
29th September 2006, 19:11

Still got the FXR to ride?

Moxy
29th September 2006, 19:26
Still got the FXR to ride?

Nope.

Are motorbike tyres ok to ride long term after being patched? Seems pretty dodge to me considering how much I depend on them.

Funny how I'd been riding diablo's for 9 months prior with no puncture.

nadroj
29th September 2006, 19:39
Mushroom plugs are the safest & can be ridden at moderate speeds (legal) for some time.

poorbastard
29th September 2006, 19:59
Gutted guys have a good ride, couldn't find a set of headers so ill have to give it a miss.

wayne708
29th September 2006, 20:13
Ok, looks like I will meet up with Sels1 crew at Pauatahnui Chalenge at 09:30. as well. See you all there.:cool:

Colapop
29th September 2006, 20:16
Argh! That sucks PB. Still, at the end of the day it's better to have your wheels in one piece than try and piece it together only for it to crap itself halfway along the ride. Next time.

adam666
29th September 2006, 20:17
does the old saying "safety in numbers" ring true on a ride like this?

looks like I cant get parts for wof in time, but figure Id still cruise along.

Just wondering what the chances are of the plod wanting to do a 50 bike licence + rego check :whistle: :spanking:

Paul in NZ
29th September 2006, 20:20
Gutted guys have a good ride, couldn't find a set of headers so ill have to give it a miss.

Go to the exhaust guys on sat morn and get them to weld em up...

Paul in NZ
29th September 2006, 20:21

Just wondering what the chances are of the plod wanting to do a 50 bike licence + rego check :whistle: :spanking:

Nothing safe about riding in groups....

Wasp
29th September 2006, 20:29
true that, ill be staying well off on my own

what part do you need for the wof adam?

Drum
29th September 2006, 20:42

I'd be more worried about Mr Insurance than Mr Plod!

Better to keep legal discrepancies to yourself I reckon.

adam666
29th September 2006, 20:43
true that, ill be staying well off on my own

what part do you need for the wof adam?

front bake discs need replacing - gettin some from freddys discs but the guy doesnt get back to NZ till monday :(

Sketchy_Racer
29th September 2006, 20:55
honestly adam.

Come. the more the meerier.

Just remember, If you get stung, its your own fault.

although, I highly doubt that you will get pulled, unless you do something stupid

Deano
29th September 2006, 21:42

Nothing safe about riding in groups....

Yeah - ride within your limits everybody. Last BIG KB ride I was on there was a crash on the Takas within 10 minutes of leaving Caltex, then at least one more because a rider was pushing their limits too far, but only realised mid corner when it was too late.