chris
11th August 2006, 08:33
KIWI RIDER MAGAZINE TRACK DAY
In association with SUZUKI NZ.

SATURDAY 28TH OCTOBER

TAUPO INTERNATIONAL 3.5KM CIRCUIT

Call and book your place NOW!
Pre-entry only. Suzuki owners $50 Non-Suzuki owners $80

Three rider groups; Fast, Medium, Novice. Approximately two hours track time.

For an entry form call Chris on 09 416 5307 or e-mail chris@kiwirider.co.nz

Sorry, it is now fully booked. There are places available for the December Suzuki day for owners of Suzuki sport bikes for only $30.

Cajun
11th August 2006, 09:35
yup faxed ya forums this morning for 3 coming to this event, and then 2 to the december one

Cheers suzuki and kiwirider

chris
29th August 2006, 14:19
Still places available for this day. $80 per rider or $50 if you're gonna be riding a Suzuki is a bargain, plus it's on a Saturday so no day off work.

chris
25th September 2006, 11:47
Bumppetedy bump, places still available for this day. You'd be rude not to at these prices!

Cajun
25th September 2006, 11:56
yep got my letters in the mail on weekends, confirming all our places have been booked.

Good work Chris and KR

Shaun
27th September 2006, 20:00
who is looking after these riders with advice and so on, or do you just let them loose

cowpoos
28th September 2006, 12:17
ain't this the same date as the first pasific round series at taupo??

chris
28th September 2006, 12:20
ain't this the same date as the first pasific round series at taupo??

That takes place on the Sunday. Perfect opportunity for Sunday racers to get some extra track time.

cowpoos
28th September 2006, 13:50
That takes place on the Sunday. Perfect opportunity for Sunday racers to get some extra track time.
you sure....I'm pretty certian the 28th was the date I was givin!!

chris
28th September 2006, 13:52
you sure....I'm pretty certian the 28th was the date I was givin!!
You were given the wrong date.

Shaun
28th September 2006, 16:33
who is looking after these riders with advice and so on, or do you just let them loose

Can I have an awnser to this please mate

The_Dover
28th September 2006, 16:38
28th Oct is a Saturday dude.

MikeyG
28th September 2006, 18:45
Registration form says 28th

Shaun
1st October 2006, 20:32
Can I have an awnser to this please mate

Would like to offer my services, but really need an awnser

chris
11th October 2006, 07:43
This day is now full and there will be NO entries on the day. Thanks to those who entered, see you there.

Chris

Matt Bleck
11th October 2006, 10:40

SATURDAY 28TH OCTOBER

TAUPO INTERNATIONAL 3.5KM CIRCUIT

Call and book your place NOW!
Pre-entry only. Suzuki owners $50 Non-Suzuki owners $80

Three rider groups; Fast, Medium, Novice. Approximately two hours track time.

For an entry form call Chris on 09 416 5307 or e-mail chris@kiwirider.co.nz

Would like to offer my services, but really need an awnser

So has anything been sorted, it would awesome to have a IOMTT champ giving pointers and advice on the day!! :2thumbsup

chris
11th October 2006, 12:45
So has anything been sorted

Andrew Stroud will be attending on behalf of Suzuki NZ.

Matt Bleck
11th October 2006, 13:38
cool :niceone:

SuperDave
14th October 2006, 15:21
I'm planning on taking my bike down on the back of my van the afternoon before and spending Friday night in Taupo. Wanting to drive back to Auckland after the trackday is over on Saturday.

At the moment it is just my 600 on the back, and there's space for another one.

Anybody interested in taking the other bike spot and the passenger seat?

Would be best to have two bikes and two people in the van so as to halve gas costs getting to and from the trackday. It's a 5 speed double cab diesel so I wouldn't think it would cost too much there and back.

Also, I need to a place to stay for that Friday night, anybody here booked a double room that is looking to go halves on the room costs? Or maybe booked a place where you pay a little extra for an additional person?

Naturally it would make sense that I stay at the same place that the person who is taking the 2nd space in the van.

SuperDave
15th October 2006, 20:37
Bumpity Bump

texmo
15th October 2006, 22:16
why dont you race atthe pacific round?

SuperDave
16th October 2006, 18:11
I don't think I would be competitive.

texmo
16th October 2006, 18:18
I don't think I would be competitive.

you would be in clubmans, even so im not competitive in SS yet I still enter.

SimJen
25th October 2006, 13:20
This weekend 28th Oct is the Suzuki/GSX-R Trackday still on?
Whos going down?
I might be going for a blat down with my Bro-in-law, not going on the track but keen for a ride down if the weathers nice.

Cajun
25th October 2006, 13:28
i shall be there.

My wife on her 1k, and father in law on his busa be there, we are trailing our stuff down, due to the 600 and 1k having race fairings

emaN
25th October 2006, 14:01
i'm going!!!

so are r4q2, slickD, and 1sevenkevin

WRT
26th October 2006, 12:54
Seems to be a few heading down for it, I'll be there, plus there are a couple of other threads on who's going:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=37883

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=37832

See you guys there :niceone:

Matt Bleck
26th October 2006, 13:55
fingers crossed for the weather...

SuperDave
29th October 2006, 17:19
Here are a few pics of Stroud and the other guy who's name I can't recall.
These two went out together for a few laps during lunchtime which was good to watch. They make it look so easy...

Didn't really bother with pictures during the day other than half way through the lunchtime show so not much else to show. But I'll try my hand again at it during the KB trackday next weekend.

The day was very well run apart from the first session which seemed a bit disorganised. The weather held out with a fair bit of sunshine breaking through the clouds at times. Was awesome to have a go at Taupo for the 2nd time and the difference between yesterday and my first time on the track at the MotoTT day in Sept was clear. It's really worth every cent getting out there.

Goblin
29th October 2006, 17:30
Here are a few pics of Stroud and the other guy who's name I can't recall.
That'd be Craig Sheriffs. :yes:

SuperDave
29th October 2006, 17:49
Name sure rings a bell, just couldn't recall it at the time of posting. I like his bike, the flouro yellow looks mean.

Leong
29th October 2006, 19:08
What a great day, first couple of sessions a little damp, otherwise a perfect day. They ran four groups and each got four twenty minute sessions. About twenty per group but as we were using "Track 4" ie full track including chicane linking new track to old there was plenty of room.

My new Pilot Powers worked fine and didn't shred like the BT014s I had previously. Had a go at firming up the suspension and noticed the difference. Paul and Jill, I got up to 234km/h on the straight (according to my video) so I guess 260 on your machine (ridden better too) is more than likely. Thanks for the petrol too.... I only had one liter left in the tank when I fuelled up immediately after, so would have run out without your help!!

Looking forward to this weekend... heres a video of a lap of "track 4" (not sure whether we're using track 1 or 4 next weekend) for those who want a heads up for TD4

robertydog
29th October 2006, 19:41
Geat video. Well done. Cant wait for for my first track day theis weekend

GIXser
29th October 2006, 20:00
nice vid bro"

Cajun
30th October 2006, 07:26
This day was a good day over all, though it was gonna be a wet one, was raining from tokora thru to just out of taupo.
Arrived at track at 8.30, unloaded the 3 bikes, and setup.

Breifing was at 9, and was told novice group was first out on track. There was alot of standing water on the track in this session, and was threating to rain the whole time, only one little woops moment heading in final corner before start/finsh straight, touch a wet white line.

There was a little light drizzle in the first fast session, then after that the sun came out, and wind was there, and time our next session came out track was dry.

Over all the day was good for me, i was using it more of a training to see how far lean the bike over, and how it feels leant over while trying different things. Had few problems in my last session, with the rear end wanting to come around to meet the front, as soon as got on gas out of a corner, think traced that down to to higher tire pressure.

loosebruce
30th October 2006, 08:55
Mint day for sure, turned up not really knowing what the weather was going to do i had been lazy and not bothered with warmers or bringign wets along so going out in the first session was interesting with bit of light drizzle and lot of damp patches on the track, had a brand new front to scrub in, went alright.
Second session came along and it was dry all over i had all the road fairings on the GSXR so i was in the mindset i wasn't going t go too hard maybe touch the 1.40's but Geoth Booth got past me while i was trying to get heat into my tyres and yea the old red rag to the bull i was off (sorry eddy) i never got any lap times but man i felt good out there i knew i was going faster than round 6 racing, i'd be confident enough to say i was somewhere in the low 38's happily. Made a few changes on the bike, can't wait to get the brakes fully sorted and with new rubber on i should be able to drop even more time off. Heard Craig talking 36's seem acheivable, Stroud was pitting next to us and was cool guy to talk too, he wnated to drop in behind me at some point, so was looking forward to that. The changes i made to the bike mainly gearing and 1/4 turn throttle, the gearing worked really well in some areas but not so well in others, so another look at my gearing is in order.
Last session went out and i knew Shirrifs was a few bikes behind me on the start so i had my head down but never ended up hooking up with Stroud, back in the pits and with a medium session heading out asked if me and Stroud could go out in it and we could so we went out for a play, that was cool following him and then him following me it was hard to string together any quick laps as you could imagine being in the medium group but was awesome none the less.
Stroud commented on a few things of my riding, nothing that i could improve greatly on just experiance and pushing that little bit more here and there, he was impressed with how hard i went into some corners ( one he thought i was going off the track i was so hot into but hauled it up and did it every time lol).
Riding with him have taught me a few things, i think the biggest difference is that Stroud can do the corner that fast everytime where as i'm still little hit and miss sometimes, a little work on consistency on my behalf coudl see very good lap times, maybe the 20+ years Stroud has been racing is a differnce as well lol, my mindset has changed towards the top national riders as well, i'm no longer in awe when they come past me and wishing i was that fast, now it's more "grrrrr come here" they still pull away from me but they're i'm getting closer and closer, still have much respect for them, but i'm in racing to be the best i can be and hopefully beat a couple guys while i'm at it.

Was great to catch up with so many familar faces and meet some new, MikeyG in particular, mate how much fun were you having? On ya for getting out there mate, catch you and a lot of other peeps next weekend. :rockon:

MikeyG
30th October 2006, 09:22
On the subject of photos did anyone get one of me. I was in the novice group on the GN250. I need proof that I did it.

emaN
30th October 2006, 09:29
...The changes i made to the bike mainly gearing and 1/4 turn throttle, the gearing worked really well in some areas
tho't you'd done something,cos you weren't 'bouncing' as you normally do down pit straight...

so we went out for a play, that was cool following him and then him following me it was hard to string together any quick laps as you could imagine being in the medium group but was awesome none the less.
and i got a perfect lesson in what it's like to take Turn 4 at a decent pace. :bye:
i was set up & lined up for it, so was able to watch you go thru' then stroudy followed your EXACT line a bike length behind ya...it was wikkid!

emaN
30th October 2006, 09:44

...for owners of Suzuki sport bikes for only $30...

an RF wouldn't come under this description, per chance? an RF with a gixxer tail, that is...:innocent:

kiwifruit
30th October 2006, 10:09
Nice Vid Leong :cool:

chris
30th October 2006, 10:15
Thanks to all those who came along. We hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.

Chris

SuperDave
30th October 2006, 16:34
Anyone know who the guy on the 650 motard was?

GIXser
31st October 2006, 09:05
Good day had by me..!
couple of things to mention are" definately Bruces riding has improved thousand fold" i remember riding with bruce a year and a bit ago ( on the road mind you), seeing that fella on the track, is inspiring to say the least, and it shows you what a person is capable of " providing you have the skills,hardware , and cahunies" in saying that hardware is probabl;y least of all, as Andy ( aka death inc) made some impressive turns and times and , well to put it bluntly put me, to shame,! proving my point that hardware is all well and good , but ya need the skills..

i think im gonna get into trackdays a little more, due to the fact its a pretty safe environment, and just a fun day out,
cheers to the chaps who gave me some useful information,

WRT
3rd November 2006, 12:54
Fairly late to be asking this, but who was taking the photos there? Keen to see if anyone got any pics of me that turned out ok, I was on the red/silver RSVR.

chris
3rd November 2006, 12:56
Fairly late to be asking this, but who was taking the photos there? Keen to see if anyone got any pics of me that turned out ok, I was on the red/silver RSVR.
Andrew Bright was his name. Contact details at www.ultrapix.co.nz

WRT
3rd November 2006, 13:01
Cheers mate :niceone: