PDA

View Full Version : What is this thing anyway?

dangerous
11th August 2006, 18:18
:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
Ok... so a newish neighbour called in and introduced her self and noticing the bike infestered garage asked if I fix bikes.

Now Tess brought a Fierce 50 (50QT-22) from a local shop... now they have done a runner due to crappy bikes and very dodgy sales.
Right from the start Tess has had problems with this bike and now it simpily wont start and when it does go its not sounding well from what she says (dosnt help the teenage son has filled the sump to the top)

Ok... it is a 4 stroker and very hard to work on so what I am wanting to know is any info on this bike as to me it seems like the lemonest lemon I have seen and would like some info before throughing spanners around the garage.
Like may be I should just dig a hole and bury it... pitty as it is a new bike.

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

onearmedbandit
11th August 2006, 18:34
Apparently they are a 50cc fourstroke. Make peak power of 2kw at 6500rpm, giving it a max speed of about 50km/h (manufacturers claims*). Electric or kick start. Hydraulic disc brake, with room for a pillion's helmet. Not that it will help you with the problems, but they are available in Red, Blue, Yellow or Silver.

Other than that I don't know much about them.

ajturbo
11th August 2006, 19:47
Ok I have posted a thread -----> on this scoot which explains the probs we have.
But at this point can any one tell me what the hell a Fierce 50 is (pic on that other thread) were are they built and are they just chink/russian/Iti built crap

hey... you DON"T have time to spend "chatting" up the nrighbours....:nya:

dangerous
11th August 2006, 22:18
Apparently they are a 50cc fourstroke. Make peak power of 2kw at 6500rpm, giving it a max speed of about 50km/h (manufacturers claims*). Electric or kick start. Hydraulic disc brake, with room for a pillion's helmet. Not that it will help you with the problems, but they are available in Red, Blue, Yellow or Silver.

Other than that I don't know much about them.
LMFAO, you bloody smart arsed wanker... that will keep

degrom
11th August 2006, 22:22
Check your local library for manuals... Might just find one for a 4-storke scooter... LOL

onearmedbandit
11th August 2006, 22:23
dangerous and a library?

dangerous
11th August 2006, 22:29
OK MOD... there was a reason for the two different threads on this bike, go figger... I would have prefered it to stay in the 'General Maintenance' forum as thats the reason for this post, shezzzzzzz

Colapop
11th August 2006, 22:37
I think there's a new MOD trying to earn brownies... (points that is)

texmo
12th August 2006, 02:59
Throw it in the bin... I ahve seen many scooters like this in scooter world and they are just fucked there is no way to fix them as bad as it sounds.

**R1**
12th August 2006, 10:39
Thats was what I was kinda thinking having had a look over it...the bike from new has been nothing but trouble, kinda dont want to tll Tess this as hes a strugling mum and could do with the thing going or sold.

Fucks me off that wankers like the guy selling theses bikes (that did do a runner) arnt accountable for there shitty dealings, bet ya he still made some dollars from the sales.comeon D, no engine is unfixable
But if it's insured id go for the dig a big hole option

davereid
12th August 2006, 14:47
I think your bike may be one of the models here : http://jinjie.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008818243514/Homepage.htm

They have contact details but I think it may be tricky to get parts here.

Try the obvious, particularly if it has been overfilled with oil - ie new spark plug, fresh fuel, check compression.

Lots of junk like this is sold on trademe, the sellers say "you can get parts anywhere" - yeah right !

Kickaha
12th August 2006, 15:02
dangerous and a library?

He'd have to learn to read first

OK MOD... there was a reason for the two different threads on this bike

To get your post count up? :bleh:

Dodger
21st August 2006, 14:21
Looks like this: http://www.nzecobikes.co.nz/liberty.html
Don't laugh, but I have one of those (linked) and have had no problems with it. :scooter:

get my real bike soon :)

davereid
21st August 2006, 16:26
Hey thats cool dodger, its even got air filled tyres!

McJim
21st August 2006, 16:31
Hey thats cool dodger, its even got air filled tyres!

The air in the tyres is half the value (petrol in the tank's the other half!)

Rather than fix a real piece of shit motor couldnt you get a cheap 50cc motor from a crashed scooter in a scrapyard and weld on/bolt on some new mountings and fit it? If the brakes, wheels, frame etc. are sound enough maybe it would work?

Dodger
22nd August 2006, 08:10
Hmmm, a 50cc motor cant be worth much, if anything.
Mind you, with the cost of some 50cc scooters may as well just buy a new one.

I double the value of mine everytime I fill the tank :)
That being said its fine for around stokes valley/lower hutt and I used it for my BHS :scooter:
It also has a good top speed for a 50cc, but just takes to long to get there :(