PDA

View Full Version : Random things ya get up early for in country

Wenier
11th June 2004, 11:41
Well i got rudely awaken this morning and had to go tow a big 2 trailer logging truck out of our back paddock with the tractor today when he got stuck trying to turn around in the paddock.

Hell it was a crack up to see this huge truck stuck there jus spinning the wheels goin nowhere lucky for him the tractor is da shit and pulled him out. :laugh: he felt a bit sheepish afterwards but it is friday and shit happens dont it!

Motu
11th June 2004, 12:34
What sorta tractor was it ?

Used to work for a real tosser,but he could handle a tractor - one day our V8 Cummins Ford was stuck on a section he was clearing....I was in the truck rowing up and down the gears going nowhere while he was on a rope out front with the Iseki snaking all over the place....at the same time he's pumping the bucket and the slasher up and down in unison,somehow he found some grip and got us out.We used to pull all sorts out of silly places - guess who was always on the one down the bank?

Jackrat
11th June 2004, 12:58
Got woken one morning by a couple of bikers.
Though choise vistors,but no such luck.
One of our bulls had wandered through the fence an was holding up traffic.
I just walked up to him,clipped a rope to his nose ring, lead him round to the gate an put him back.He was a ten year old an quite as a lamb but at close to a ton he looked pretty mean.
We lived out the back of Naike at the time and we got heaps of people knocking on the door at all hours asking where the hell they were.
The amount of people that would run out of gas was amazing.
Bloody townies huh. :wacko:

Wenier
14th June 2004, 15:51
of all tractors its a vineyard one so quite thin but a grunty little bugger

FROSTY
14th June 2004, 16:23
My dad regularly has to dig the surfies out of the sand down at Mangawhai
They seem to forget about traction when theyre focussed on the surf :killingme