PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my two wheels of freedom!

gijoe1313
12th August 2006, 17:20
Ohh yesss... I finally got my ride up from the Coro this arvo. I was passing back to Auck and saw a whole bunch of bikers ... wonder if it was the kbers? I've just gone out on a blat around my block and its pissing down with liquid sunshine, I thought I'd better wait till it clears before I rip around some more!

Lost the bloody L-plate somewhere down the road (just as well I have a back up!) and having fun trying to find neutral! :innocent:

I was so eager to get riding, when I was tootling up in my cage, that I didn't rush everything! I had to take my time returning back hire trailer, my mate's cage I borrowed (it has tow bar heh).

So, just as I was about to head out, the frikkin' rain lets loose...and I remembered that you should wait half an hour to let all the slippery stuff wash off - no worries! :whocares: I just sat on my nice shiny red Hornet and familiarised myself with its workings (yeah, yeah - what is there to a bike I hear you all say! Well, I'm Mr.Noob with capitals so I took my time!).

Checked out the petcock switch for reserve, lights, brake, clutch, instrument panel (duh..oil light, neutral light, hi-beam light and turn light - not necessarily in that order!) :2thumbsup

Then I tried starting it! :doh: I forgot everything my instructor said - I eventually remembered to choke, throttle and engage the START switch!:slap:

Then I listened to the throaty revs and sighed as the rain pissed down :yawn:
A break in the rain meant I went out and finally enjoyed my two wheels of freedom! :ride: ...

And, oh man, the wait was so worth it...I will be out riding and riding and riding as much as I can from now on :sunny: :scooter:

Sorry for all the icons, but it just seems to sum up all my feelings when I finally got to ride my beastie for the first time! ... I'm... so choked up!

Anyhow, I'm heading back out again and doing some more riding!!!!!

Kendog
12th August 2006, 17:29
Good on you gijoe, I'm glad to hear you got your baby home safe and sound and are now tootling around on the roads!!! Awesome stuff, post us some pics of the beauty soon ok!!.

toymachine
12th August 2006, 19:08
Awesome stuff man! Happy for ya..

Hopefully i'll be going through the same soon, too! Glad to hear i won't have been the only one to bring the new bike home on a trailer :blip:

gijoe1313
12th August 2006, 23:10
Good on you gijoe, I'm glad to hear you got your baby home safe and sound and are now tootling around on the roads!!! Awesome stuff, post us some pics of the beauty soon ok!!.

Thanks Kendog - its a lovely wee thing of beauty, very forgiving to my hamfisted handling and lousy gear changing (neutral...duh...where the hell is it?)

I've got some piccies of it before I got it down from the trailer (which I managed to do sucessfully without mangling my baby!) - all with the swaddling and wrapped up like a pressie heh :yes:

Tomorrow early, I'll get out and get in some more riding practice and see if I can hook up with the other 250 kbers meeting in Botany! (If I can ride competently enough that is :innocent:

gijoe1313
12th August 2006, 23:16
Awesome stuff man! Happy for ya..

Hopefully i'll be going through the same soon, too! Glad to hear i won't have been the only one to bring the new bike home on a trailer :blip:

Hey, the sooner the merrier! Just make sure you get a proper trailer and not a matchbox one like I did first time around! I made an assumption and as you well know, you end up an ass! :doh: (I'm starting to know those Coro roads up to Whitianga pretty well now!).

Yess...my precious...my precious... I spent quite a bit of time glancing back in the rear view mirror to make sure my pride and joy wasn't going to be bouncing off into the bush! And towing at the regulation 90kph :innocent:

Total Fuel Costs to travel to Coro and back 6 times ... $400
Total Stropping Costs (SuperCheap Autos) ... $40
Total Hirepool Costs for trailer ... $40 (you get back around $9 safe and sound return :shutup: )
Smile of Face once you ride after farffin' around ... Priceless!:sunny:

So, patience...patience my precioussss...

oldrider
12th August 2006, 23:41
That's a nice little bike you have got there, I think I will have a good look at one of those if I see one in a dealers somewhere.
I tend to overlook smaller capacity bikes these days, it took me a while to look at anything under a litre for a while but there are obviously some nice machines in the 250cc range now.
Have a good time on your bike and good luck with your riding. Cheers John.

gijoe1313
12th August 2006, 23:46
That's a nice little bike you have got there, I think I will have a good look at one of those if I see one in a dealers somewhere.
I tend to overlook smaller capacity bikes these days, it took me a while to look at anything under a litre for a while but there are obviously some nice machines in the 250cc range now.
Have a good time on your bike and good luck with your riding. Cheers John.

Hey, thanks oldrider - I'm all two left feet and fingers at the moment! Just trying to make sure I keep safe and practice some good riding. Its thanks to all the posts and info from this site that I've been reading from guys like you that makes the art of riding a little less arcane! :yes:

Nicksta
13th August 2006, 01:27
awesome dude..... sweet ride too.... have fun ay....

zadok
13th August 2006, 01:39
Pleased for you. Enjoy:ride:

toymachine
13th August 2006, 08:16
Mmm, that's a mint looking bike!

Maverick
13th August 2006, 08:24
Thanks Kendog - its a lovely wee thing of beauty, very forgiving to my hamfisted handling and lousy gear changing (neutral...duh...where the hell is it?)

I've got some piccies of it before I got it down from the trailer (which I managed to do sucessfully without mangling my baby!) - all with the swaddling and wrapped up like a pressie heh :yes:

Tomorrow early, I'll get out and get in some more riding practice and see if I can hook up with the other 250 kbers meeting in Botany! (If I can ride competently enough that is :innocent:

Nice Hornet there :)
We look forward to seeing you at Botany if you decide to join us ;)

Mav :rockon: