PDA

View Full Version : 600 Bandit

Pumba
13th August 2006, 00:49
Was thinking it might be bout time to have a look at the oil in the frount forks. now I think I should be using 10W fork oil but im not to sure can someone comfirm this, also is there anything else I should be looking at while im working on the frount end.

Comments will be apreciated

erik
13th August 2006, 01:18
have you had a look at www.banditalley.com ?

babyB
13th August 2006, 13:14
yep is 10W fork oil
oh & the levels differ between UK & US models
there is with the older bandits the Steering head bearings, came out with crappy grease. if you dont know wether it been done i sugest you do it!
my '97 suffered from this ('95 to '97 did) yours being '98 well id be checkin it out anyways!

Pumba
14th August 2006, 09:17
yep is 10W fork oil
oh & the levels differ between UK & US models
there is with the older bandits the Steering head bearings, came out with crappy grease. if you dont know wether it been done i sugest you do it!
my '97 suffered from this ('95 to '97 did) yours being '98 well id be checkin it out anyways!

Thanks babyb. I hadnt thought of the steering head bearings so might have to look in to those, it would make sense seeing how im taking the frount apart anyway.

FROSTY
17th August 2006, 09:01
dude if ya dont mind a lil experimental work--Try running 15 weight and about 10ml more oil in each leg--you may be in for a very pleasant suprise

Pumba
17th August 2006, 13:30
Im always keen to do a little experiment. Canyou give me a idea what the theory is behind this Frosty?

I really know bugger all about suspension so rather than following blindly wouldnt mind a little justification.

FROSTY
1st September 2006, 20:56
bit of experimentation was done on baby B's bike due to it being super squidgy to ride