PDA

View Full Version : Senior police officer in “ban bikes” row

Bob
15th August 2006, 00:18
A senior police officer has come under fire for suggesting that bikes be banned from national parks.

Clive Wolfendale, the deputy chief constable of North Wales Police, wrote in his Weblog (Blog) attacking the "grand prix ambience" created in places like Snowdonia as he asked the question "Is it now time to banish motorcycles completely from our national parks?"

The British Motorcyclists' Federation (BMF) said Mr Wolfendale's comments breached the police code of conduct and has written to both the Home Office and the Association of Chief Police Officers to complain. They have also complained about the use of public money to fund a personal Blog.

Responding to the BMF's comments, Wolfendale’s chief constable Richard Brunstrom said: "This is exactly the area in which blogs excel, by enabling the public to understand more about the way in which senior police officers think, and to engage directly in a totally new way in debate with them.

"We will continue to develop blogging as a police policy."

jazbug5
15th August 2006, 00:25
From another forum's thread on this subject:

"In 2004 Wolfendale was slammed as patronising for attempting to be cool by rapping his speech to the Black Police Officers Association..."

Oh. Dear.

Those who are interested can email him their unqualified support for his first class ideas here... (http://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwp/public/en/blogs/viewblog.asp?UID=2&CID=25)

BeakerRAT
15th August 2006, 00:30
mmmmmm, thin end of the wedge if this guy starts to get taken seriously.

Ixion
15th August 2006, 00:34
I knew it ! He's Welch. See, they're to blame for everything.

My great great great great great great (and a few more greats) grandfather lost a sheep a few years back. He blamed the Welch, so that proves it. Family have carried on the tradition ever since. Y'can shoot them y'know so long as you do it at night , with a bow and arrow. Buggers are prolly hard to hit with an arrow at night. Must ask Mr Biff if he'd mind helping me with some experiments.

mattp
15th August 2006, 00:46
I'd like to go to Wales just for a race with the local pigs :nya: I hate the way this person talks and would love to have a ride with him and take the pi$$ out of him while he chased.

He is nothing short of a :tugger:

Squeak the Rat
15th August 2006, 08:22
Feedback sent:

Dear Sir

NZ is a small country a long way from Wales. But even from here you look like a complete dick.

Ban cars too you bigot.

Regards,

ogr1
15th August 2006, 09:14
How do pricks like that stay in such high profile and trustworthy positions?
12 million tourists a year, half of the Lake district is littered with huge feckin tourist buses that do a wonderful job for the environment....NOT! The rest is littered with myopic suicidle cages who have never been outside their own comfort zone.

The dozens of bikers that go up at there at full season is feck all compared to the pillocks in cars/buses...etc.

Guy's a twat and should be arse reamed with a bent spikey pole :spanking:

pritch
15th August 2006, 15:22
! He's Welch.

Ummm Ixion I think that's meant to be Welsh. You aren't a direct decendant of Queen Victoria by any chance?

She made that mistake once. Although since it was her, it couldn't possibly be a mistake, so they renamed the Regiment...

Ixion
15th August 2006, 16:15
Ummm Ixion I think that's meant to be Welsh. You aren't a direct decendant of Queen Victoria by any chance?

She made that mistake once. Although since it was her, it couldn't possibly be a mistake, so they renamed the Regiment...

Meh, new fangled spelling. If welch was good enough for great-great-(repeat ad naus)-grandfather tis good enough for me. 'Tis only the lack of an adequate keyboard forestalls my reintroducing the long s.

Lou Girardin
15th August 2006, 17:23
I've just suggested that he rap to the public about he he's going to catch more burglars.

McJim
15th August 2006, 18:08
Responding to the BMF's comments, Wolfendale’s chief constable Richard Brunstrom said: "This is exactly the area in which blogs excel, by enabling the public to understand more about the way in which senior police officers think, and to engage directly in a totally new way in debate with them.

"We will continue to develop blogging as a police policy."
Well isn't this a bit of a U turn by the British Police. They used to try to hide the fact that the Police force were institutionally racist, bigoted, short sighted and a little bit sectarian. Now they want everyone to know that they're institutionally racist, bigoted, short sighted and a little bit sectarian. by "enabling the public to understand more about the way in which senior police officers think"....what fun.

His displayed belief that all members of a particular subset of society are the same in all aspects instead of just one (i.e. All Bikers are racers - All Blacks like Rap) is, in fact, racist, bigoted and sectarian.

I mean you don't get me making sweeping assumtions about members of the constabulary based simply on the actions of one (I've always got on well with the Police) I'm just surprised this tosser has managed to get to the top of the pile - just proves that cream ain't the only stuff that can float to the top!

Skyryder
15th August 2006, 21:20

I thought some who 'welched' could not be trusted.

Spelling is correct. Go to top of class and take one free turn.

Skyryder

oldrider
15th August 2006, 23:10

My great great great great great great (and a few more greats) grandfather lost a sheep a few years back. He blamed the Welch, so that proves it. Family have carried on the tradition ever since. Y'can shoot them y'know so long as you do it at night , with a bow and arrow. Buggers are prolly hard to hit with an arrow at night. Must ask Mr Biff if he'd mind helping me with some experiments.

Ye olde school rhyme

Taffy was a Welch man, Taffy was a thief.
Taffy came to my house and stole a leg of beef, (er lamb in this case).
I went to Taffy's house, Taffy was in bed.
So I picked up the piss pot and hit him on the head!

My great great (and a few more greats) grand father was a Welchman and he may have been the one who got your Grand..........'s sheep.

Serves you bloody well right Ixion clan.

Meanwhile back on the forum.

Thanks for the informative and complete post Bob. I hope that arsehole cop commander gets his comeuppance. :shit: Cheers John.

The_Dover
15th August 2006, 23:21
Ye olde school rhyme

Taffy was a Welch man, Taffy was a thief.
Taffy came to my house and stole a leg of beef, (er lamb in this case).
I went to Taffy's house, Taffy was in bed.
So I picked up the piss pot and hit him on the head!

My great great (and a few more greats) grand father was a Welchman and he may have been the one who got your Grand..........'s sheep.

Serves you bloody well right Ixion clan.

Meanwhile back on the forum.

Thanks for the informative and complete post Bob. I hope that arsehole cop commander gets his comeuppance. :shit: Cheers John.

If that shit is home brew please send me some.

PM me for the address.....

boomer
15th August 2006, 23:34
If that shit is home brew please send me some.

PM me for the address.....

looks more like teh workings of 'special brew' ...

Lip up fatty, ah lip up fatty, for the reggae,

Listen to the music, shuffle up your feet,
Listen to the music of the fatty beat!!!

Bob
16th August 2006, 00:22
North Wales Motorcycle Alliance said its members would not take Wolfendale's comments "lying down", commenting that their phone lines had been "red hot" since news came to light.

Member Alan Shepherd said: "The phone lines have been red hot since this came to light. We have an excellent relationship with the police at the moment. I just can't understand this. A lot of people aren't very happy and they're not going to take it lying down."

Brian d marge
16th August 2006, 19:20
looks more like teh workings of 'special brew' ...

Listen to the music, shuffle up your feet,
Listen to the music of the fatty beat!!!

On a side note , I used to know him , they lived rounfd the corner from me in stoke newington. Nice fella, was Mr Vessel

Stephen

jimbo600
16th August 2006, 20:20
GP Ambience? Fuckin' A I'm there!

jazbug5
18th August 2006, 20:27
Tee hee... (http://www.visordown.com/articles/view/bigoted_bobby_blog_bollox/101.html)

And characters and more characters and more characters and more characters and more characters and more characters *inhale* characters, characters, characters. Is that enough characters now?
Oh, good.

jimbo600
18th August 2006, 22:03
And here it is. The 'rap' oration by UKs finest. He'd give ol fiddy cents a run

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/3664381.stm