PDA

View Full Version : Learner friendly 250 ride,

Pages : [1] 2

Maverick
15th August 2006, 09:40
Hey Guys,
Based on the positive feedback on the last 250 run I have decided to put in another one, this time I will pick a route that is as L plate friendly as possible, On the day we will probably have two groups, a faster group and a learner group, may even plan an extended ride for the faster group so we all get to lunch at the same time.

A nice relaxed day for those less experianced riders to get a taste of riding out of the city with a few other bikers,
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-8-26&e=922&c=1

Date: 26/8/06
Meeting will be at BP Botany Downs at 10am
Weather Update:

It looks fine sofar, but there is a large "thing" approaching from the tasman sea, Unsure what time it will get this way, but I reccomend that people bring wet weather gear incase it reaches us before we get home! might have a clearer idea when the 9am satellite pic is up.

Note this is a Saturday ride not sunday, (decided to go Saturday as there is no other even on saturday at this time)

ben
15th August 2006, 09:54
i play soccer on saturdays, otherwise id been keen. :(

Hellraiser
15th August 2006, 10:06
Why not set a date in 2-3 weeks time on a sunday to give everyone enough time to arrange family and work time off.

A good ride would be the Coro Loop the faster group can do the full loop and the slower group can do the short loop, you can then all meet up at coroglen for lunch. However apparantly the pies are Crap.

If you allow for a little time you may find some of the more experanced rider around here may come along and give pointer.

Just my 10c

Gremlin
15th August 2006, 10:38
If you allow for a little time you may find some of the more experanced rider around here may come along and give pointer.
Depends how far you want to go on the ride format...

Weasel and I are waiting for summer to start up the new rider's day out format again.

Just be aware... and nothing against the L plates... you can potentially end up with very very new riders... just be careful for allowing that, if you are. Especially with it still being winter and all.

McJim
15th August 2006, 18:25
Just be aware... and nothing against the L plates... you can potentially end up with very very new riders... just be careful for allowing that, if you are. Especially with it still being winter and all.

Yeah, Me an' my trusty yellow plate kept the ride sane last weekend - They all thought I knew where I was goin' but I just made it up as I went along and they all stayed behind me.

It was sheer luck we got to the right place - people think we're being coy about the route we took - truth is we probably couldn't find it again!

I was the only L plate there.

ben
15th August 2006, 19:29
LOL

Good thing you kept it sane! I can’t honestly say I would have made it though some of those corners,(eg hair pin with pot hole) if your shiny L plate had not kept me at bay!

rookie
15th August 2006, 19:53
Yeah, Me an' my trusty yellow plate kept the ride sane last weekend - They all thought I knew where I was goin' but I just made it up as I went along and they all stayed behind me.

It was sheer luck we got to the right place - people think we're being coy about the route we took - truth is we probably couldn't find it again!

I was the only L plate there.

yea I fully agree...good pace set on the day earns you some bling...enjoy

you werent really the only "L-Plate", but then again, yes you were:innocent:

McJim
15th August 2006, 21:17
Cheers for that fellas - I thought I'd pissed you all off for going so slow. You got to stretch those legs on the last straight though while I followed along at a stately hundred and (mumble mumble mumble) k's trying to keep you all in sight!

Maverick
16th August 2006, 07:41
Im confident we can find the same route, and I am looking up routes back in advance,
I will be going at the back at the pace of the slowest rider to ensure noone gets lost or has any problems, so if someone wants to do 70 all the way, thats fine by me, will be just a nice ride in the country :)
If anyone wants to go fast then those who came last week know the route we took and can wait for us at the pub or sprint down to miranda or something and back to meet us at the pub in time for lunch :) :rockon:

Brett
17th August 2006, 19:47
I would come ride with you if i weren't heading to the mountain this week.

Maverick
18th August 2006, 11:25
Just making sure everyone realises this is for next weekend, the 26th, not this coming weekend! :)

McJim
18th August 2006, 11:33
Yup, I'll be there - meeting the wife and kids at Miranda for lunch and a dip in the hot pools.
Will try to bring a friend who just got a 250 last month too.
Sorry to hear about soccer ben - I'm gonna miss the perfume of that 2 stroke exhaust!
Rookie? Duckaddict? Jsn? Black Bandit?
Looking forward to it already - I've got RRRS this Sunday so hopefully I'll be a safer rider next weekend!

Buster
18th August 2006, 11:36
I could be keen for this ride. I will know if I can make it closer to the time.

Maverick
18th August 2006, 11:47
If people are going to attend can you add your name to the event link at the top so we have an idea of numbers etc

Cheers :rockon:

Zukin
18th August 2006, 12:20
Hey there

It sounds like it will be a great ride :yes:

If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, I am heading towards Coromandel from East Cape on the Saturday, and if anyone is keen to join in a tour around Coromandel on the Sunday let me know.
It will be gravel so it would suit dual purpose/dirt bikes better, but I am a learner on a 250 too so we wont be riding fast :confused:

Here is my trip details (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=32935) for anyone that maybe interested?

Cheers Scott

rookie
18th August 2006, 16:31
Yup, I'll be there - meeting the wife and kids at Miranda for lunch and a dip in the hot pools.
Will try to bring a friend who just got a 250 last month too.
Sorry to hear about soccer ben - I'm gonna miss the perfume of that 2 stroke exhaust!
Rookie? Duckaddict? Jsn? Black Bandit?
Looking forward to it already - I've got RRRS this Sunday so hopefully I'll be a safer rider next weekend!

yea still thinking....been a bit of a moron with the motorbike so i'm still pending

duckaddict
18th August 2006, 22:15
yea, I'm keen if weather is good. Weather for last ride wasn't perfect but good enough :yes:

rookie
19th August 2006, 12:17
yea, I'm keen if weather is good. Weather for last ride wasn't perfect but good enough :yes:

hows the new tyres man??

duckaddict
19th August 2006, 18:37
those tyres are heaps better than me old ones. Had a good time on scenic dr this afternoon :Punk:

Am putting a set of crash knobs on tomorrow.

Fub@r
19th August 2006, 18:49
those tyres are heaps better than me old ones. Had a good time on scenic dr this afternoon :Punk:

Didnt happen to see a Bandit and a Ginny riding together in your travels today on Scenic Drive? :bye:

rookie
19th August 2006, 21:21

ohok sweet as man:rockon:
where you getting the crash knobs installed??hope you arent intending on using them:shit:

ive put my bike into the shop today for repairs:gob: hopefully should be back b4 next weekend:whocares:

gijoe1313
19th August 2006, 23:18
w00t! I will be in this ride fer shizzle! I would love to make the acquaintance of all the kbers that have been posting their thoughts, rants and experiences about our lovely experience of riding.

I think it should be compulsory for every able person to ride two wheels of freedom! :yes:

duckaddict
20th August 2006, 04:05
Didnt happen to see a Bandit and a Ginny riding together in your travels today on Scenic Drive? :bye:

Nope, but just one screaming little cibby :yes:

ohok sweet as man:rockon:
where you getting the crash knobs installed??hope you arent intending on using them:shit:

ive put my bike into the shop today for repairs:gob: hopefully should be back b4 next weekend:whocares:

got it from trademe, the guy is goin to install it - hope he does a good job, fingers crossed. I don't intend to use those knobs, they are just for decor :scooter:

Leong
20th August 2006, 07:54
got it from trademe, the guy is goin to install it - hope he does a good job, fingers crossed. I don't intend to use those knobs, they are just for decor :scooter:

I put a set on my bike yesterday, really easy to do (on my bike anyway), right one just bolted in, Left required cutting a hole in the fairing, then bolting it in. Should do it yourself.. no need to keep fingers crossed then!! And then there's the learning more about yr bike, and the satisfaction of doing it aspect...

Might come along on Sat too, Haven't seen you for a while

adam666
20th August 2006, 15:05

Be sure to post some pics of the knobs installed! Id be keen to see. thinking of some for mine

cheers
Adam

Maverick
20th August 2006, 16:16
So how many people are interested in going at this point? can you add your names to the list please? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-8-26&e=922&c=1

Cheers

Mav :rockon:

toymachine
20th August 2006, 16:41
Woulda gone, but headed to the Erotica expo that day..

Fub@r
20th August 2006, 18:18
I would go but a Ginny might clash with the rest of your bikes :bye:

McJim
20th August 2006, 20:20

Nothing wrong with a Ginny mate. I'll be wearing an L plate so you'll easily be able to kep up with me!

I'll be meeting my missus and kids at Miranda for a dip in the hot pools and lunch so anyone who'd rather go to Miranda than the pub is welcome to join me. There's only 11km between Pub and hot Pools.

gijoe1313
20th August 2006, 20:51

Nah no worries mate! Its two wheels and its a bike! G'wan turn up anyway and make a day of it with the rest of us! :yes:

Fub@r
20th August 2006, 21:08
Looks like I'll be going then...........get to see and hear a hornet, bandit and vtr in action :) With an eye to a Christmas upgrade

toymachine
21st August 2006, 09:30
Looks like we're going to Erotica on Sunday now... so provided her mind isn't changed again (females:rolleyes: ) and I can get my low speed clutch control down this week (i'm alright once i'm going, just not so good with the taking off :sick: ) i'll probably join yas.

Maverick
21st August 2006, 09:37
Looks like we're going to Erotica on Sunday now... so provided her mind isn't changed again (females:rolleyes: ) and I can get my low speed clutch control down this week (i'm alright once i'm going, just not so good with the taking off :sick: ) i'll probably join yas.

Practice makes perfect, if you have a free evening this week I would be happy to meet you with my bandit and see if I can help you out, just drop me a PM, would be good to see you on saturday.

Ixion
21st August 2006, 09:40
Find a supermarket car park with parking bays marked, and practice riding figure 8s . Once you can do a figure 8 full lock within the width of a bay, you're there.

Fub@r
21st August 2006, 10:17
I can get my low speed clutch control down this week (i'm alright once i'm going, just not so good with the taking off :sick: ) i'll probably join yas.

You will get tons of practice on way with me from West Auck to Botany, then its open roads :Punk:

Any suggestions guys for finding a nice quiet route from West Auck to Botany with Toy?

McJim
21st August 2006, 10:31
You will get tons of practice on way with me from West Auck to Botany, then its open roads :Punk:

Any suggestions guys for finding a nice quiet route from West Auck to Botany with Toy?

don't know where in West Auckland you are but from Titirangi for example head towards Onehunga (e.g. through Blockhouse Bay) and then aim for Sylvia Park (it's a straight road - Church St. I think). After Sylvia park keep going straight towards Westfield Pakuranga.

If you can get as close as Westfield Pakuranga/White Horse Tavern I'll meet you and guide you the rest of the way coz it starts to get really busy and I know the side streets.

PM me if you need in depth directions and my mobile number.

Fub@r
21st August 2006, 11:23
Yeah think I'll take him along Hillsborough Rd, down to Church St Onehunga then just take the SE arterial across to Pakuranga Plaza. Most direct route across and hopefully limited traffic at that time of the morning

We will leave early to dodge the traffic plus take our time getting there. Plan is to get to Botany by 9.30'ish and grab some breakfast before we head off

Maverick
21st August 2006, 13:08
Breakfast is always good, I will endevour to be there before 10 also.

McJim
21st August 2006, 13:13
See if you can't get something from Subway or something - the wild bean cafe bacon and egg toastie was awful.

Fub@r
21st August 2006, 13:39
the wild bean cafe bacon and egg toastie was awful.

They can rename petrol station food all they like........it will still always be petrol station food :) Although the Apple Danish is quite nice

rookie
21st August 2006, 16:49
[QUOTE=gijoe1313;724561] I would love to make the acquaintance of all the kbers that have been posting their thoughts, rants and experiences about our lovely experience of riding. QUOTE]

ive got a few quick things for you to learn (from my mistakes)

1) dont put excessive grease on your chain cos it ends up on ur tyre
(found out while putting power back on while leaning over in a corner)

2) put your stand down properly before walking away
(learnt that in a service station after moving bike forward for a vehicle behind me)

3) aluminium is much softer than steel and cast iron
(learnt that after doing a home oil change and put in too much effort into doing up the sump plug...result??...bike is now in the shop having the sump re-threaded...$$$)

:doh: x 3

McJim
21st August 2006, 17:15

(learnt that in a service station after moving bike forward for a vehicle behind me)

(learnt that after doing a home oil change and put in too much effort into doing up the sump plug...result??...bike is now in the shop having the sump re-threaded...$$$)

You did all of that just to get out of coming with us on Saturday? tsk tsk.

Well at least now you've done those things you probably won't do them again.

See you when it's fixed. (hopefully by sat?)

rookie
21st August 2006, 19:21
You did all of that just to get out of coming with us on Saturday? tsk tsk.

Well at least now you've done those things you probably won't do them again.

See you when it's fixed. (hopefully by sat?)

nah thats over the last 2 and a half months of being a noob:scooter: ....the stripped sump plug was done on the 13th...the bike was leaving a puddle where ever i stopped...although not a great volume was being lost - it was still annoying!!:angry:

just waiting for a quote from the shop :wait: havent heard from them yet which means they must be ordering more paper for the list of things that need doing:shit:

Maverick
21st August 2006, 19:39

It looks from the list that we might have TWO Ginny's coming at this point! :gob:

:rockon:

rookie
21st August 2006, 20:11
It looks from the list that we might have TWO Ginny's coming at this point! :gob: :rockon:

oh sweet...wont be such an issue if i wana take my pushbike then...just incase the bike isnt outta the shop yet

Fub@r
21st August 2006, 20:22
It looks from the list that we might have TWO Ginny's coming at this point! :gob:

Well if we put the two Ginny's together to make one bike we might have a chance of keeping up then :yes:

deathstar
21st August 2006, 20:25
hey if you mean me as the other ginny then your mistaken .... i'm ganna be bringing a 250cc sports bike that will probably outrun a vtr and so shall have some fun

gijoe1313
21st August 2006, 20:42
[QUOTE=gijoe1313;724561] I would love to make the acquaintance of all the kbers that have been posting their thoughts, rants and experiences about our lovely experience of riding. QUOTE]

Oi Vey! :gob:

Thanks for that advice - I remember reading never to park your bike on those nice slippery patches/tarmac/soft ground. Must also add *knocks helmet* Check, Double check and check stand is down properly and taken off when moving off :shit:

Just tonight, I was parking my bike back into its little hidey hole and I stuck my foot down and realised it was sinking lower into the mud! Just as well I'm a fairly strong sort of dewd (and the sheer determination not to plant my bike on the ground!) and managed to stay upright! :innocent:

Ahhh, I'm such a noob :yes:

McJim
21st August 2006, 22:25
hey if you mean me as the other ginny then your mistaken .... i'm ganna be bringing a 250cc sports bike that will probably outrun a vtr and so shall have some fun

The VTR ain't that fast anyway - and it's being ridden by a cautious old dude that likes to see the scenery (i.e. me!). Should still be fun though.

deathstar
21st August 2006, 22:48
fine well shall beat a fast riding vtr ... but aren't going to say anything until the new girl is out of its crate

McJim
21st August 2006, 22:53
fine well shall beat a fast riding vtr ... but aren't going to say anything until the new girl is out of its crate

so tell me more - what is the new girl?

SwanTiger
21st August 2006, 23:55
I might toodle along, probably won't be on a 250cc bike though, but that is a big "might" 'cos I don't wanna get the learn from any of these 'L Plate' riders.

Especially deathstar, sounds like this new bike might be able to go faster than 78 Kmp/h :eek: :laugh:

adiddy
21st August 2006, 23:58
if only it wasnt a satadae :angry:

McJim
22nd August 2006, 09:17
if only it wasnt a satadae :angry:

We did this 250 run on a Sunday before and I'm hoping to persuade Maverick to maybe pick another Sunday in the future. Like 10th September for example. If we run it every second Weekend and alternate between Sat and Sun it accomodates most peoples shift patterns.:rockon:

McJim
22nd August 2006, 09:18
I might toodle along, probably won't be on a 250cc bike though, but that is a big "might" 'cos I don't wanna get the learn from any of these 'L Plate' riders.

Especially deathstar, sounds like this new bike might be able to go faster than 78 Kmp/h :eek: :laugh:

Be great to meet you - I love the way you defend your Korean property in the face of all verbal abuse.

Hellraiser
22nd August 2006, 09:42

78 km/h ........... No one said it was going to a fast paced ride, you may have to count me out as thats on the limits of my comfort zone (and i'm not sure if the XTX can go that fast) :dodge:

Fub@r
22nd August 2006, 10:10
78 km/h ........... No one said it was going to a fast paced ride, you may have to count me out as thats on the limits of my comfort zone (and i'm not sure if the XTX can go that fast) :dodge:

Toy and I will be in the same boat as you Hell, we'll go at whatever pace you are happy with. I'm going just for a decent length of ride not for a hoon

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 10:47
Just to clarify,
The slow group will be a similar route to last week, speed will be L plate friendly.
For those on the day who want to do something a little faster and different there will be an advanced detour offered so that we all arrive at the destination at around the same time.

Jeaves
22nd August 2006, 11:00
Do you guys have these rides often? , would def like to come to the next one . Hmm are 150cc's welcome? :baby:

ben
22nd August 2006, 11:22
150cc you better believe it!
I would be coming on this ride but I’m playing in the final for my soccer team. ah well its the last game. Then I’m Deeming it summer time, and this means ridding time.

McJim
22nd August 2006, 11:31
Yep - the 150 2 strokes can certainly hold their own - in the twisties they make the heavier 250s look slow and unweildy - as with most things rider skill is what sorts us all out from each other.

My poor 250 has to carry twice the weight of the other 250s coz I'm an old fat git. No one will be in any danger of going too slow!

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 14:56
We did this 250 run on a Sunday before and I'm hoping to persuade Maverick to maybe pick another Sunday in the future. Like 10th September for example. If we run it every second Weekend and alternate between Sat and Sun it accomodates most peoples shift patterns.:rockon:

That was the vauge idea when I decided to do this run on a saturday, so yes the next one will most likely be on a sunday :Punk:

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 14:59
Can we just get a hands up from those who are coming if you think you would most likely be the fast group or the slow group? (slow group is L plates and 70km'rs aka. Scenic group)

ben
22nd August 2006, 15:12
YESSsss my game is it 2pm

im keen, put me 2 stoker down for the fast group!!!

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 15:17
YESSsss my game is it 2pm

im keen, put me 2 stoker down for the fast group!!!

Hey Ben, Glad you can come :rockon:

Hellraiser
22nd August 2006, 16:07
Yep i'm in for the 78km/h fast group but bear in mind if you go over 80 km/h i'll burst into tears. :crybaby:

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 16:09
Yep i'm in for the 78km/h fast group but bear in mind if you go over 80 km/h i'll burst into tears. :crybaby:

So you mean the slow group?
Im just trying to figure out how many fast group riders we will have.

Fub@r
22nd August 2006, 17:19
Toymachine and I will be in the scenic group

Brett
22nd August 2006, 17:21
Hey man, I will be there bar unforseen circumstances, and I will be in the fast group.

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 18:08
Yep - the 150 2 strokes can certainly hold their own - in the twisties they make the heavier 250s look slow and unweildy - as with most things rider skill is what sorts us all out from each other.

My poor 250 has to carry twice the weight of the other 250s coz I'm an old fat git. No one will be in any danger of going too slow!

Just think, you will get to enjoy Ben's 2 stroke perfume again that you liked so much :rockon:

SwanTiger
22nd August 2006, 18:10
I'm not sure whether I should go in the slow group or the fast group, how fast is fast? :scratch:

Maverick
22nd August 2006, 18:18
I'm not sure whether I should go in the slow group or the fast group, how fast is fast?

Well last time on the run home, certain people who will remain unnamed were doing upto and maybe even in excess of 140kph I estimate on the open road, however the road down is much more twisty.
Ideally, Fast is for those who are comfortable with their bike and the open road.
Neither are groups for Irresponsible lunatics, Both groups will be expected to ride responsibly and keep together with/(look out for) their own members

Jonny Rotten
22nd August 2006, 19:06

is that so..... maybe ill have to tag along and watch that there death star!!!!!
dont get lost tho .... oh yeah and CATCH ME IF YOU CAN !!!!
:nya: :nya:

Hellraiser
22nd August 2006, 19:09
Friken hell i may have to bring the 636 so i don't get the learn ..... :scooter:

Leong
22nd August 2006, 19:38
Guess I'll go in the quicker group, nothing illegal tho!! And yeah Hellraiser, bring the 636!!

McJim
22nd August 2006, 20:13
Just think, you will get to enjoy Ben's 2 stroke perfume again that you liked so much :rockon:

Nah - he's fast - he'll be in the fast group - I might just get my lardy ass through the twisties in front of the 'scenic' group (dontcher love euphemisms?)

rookie
22nd August 2006, 20:19
I'm not sure whether I should go in the slow group or the fast group, how fast is fast? :scratch:

shut-up Anaru!!...get in the fast group woman...you know thats where you belong.

I'm not expecting to come along...had a quote today for the work(dont ask:angry:). The mechanic mentioned that the work may not be done by saturday

Theatre
22nd August 2006, 20:32
Im keen to come as long as the weather isnt too bad, I'm a complete nanna in the wet. If I come I'll have a ride in the fast group. Be good to meet some other 250 riders, its depressing getting passed by all the bigger bikes on the thursday night ride! Then again Im not so sure the bike is the problem :p

duckaddict
22nd August 2006, 21:35
I put a set on my bike yesterday, really easy to do (on my bike anyway), right one just bolted in, Left required cutting a hole in...

I wish I have the tools and the know how... I'm hopeless with DIY stuff.

Be sure to post some pics of the knobs installed! Id be keen to see. thinking of some for mine...

Well, it was not very well done, but I guess you get what you paid for. The guy is an engineering student, but I'm not fuss (this time round at least).

gijoe1313
22nd August 2006, 22:41
Well, I guess I better go into the L-plate group - not that I've been hooning off to places unknown at a faster pace :innocent: hmmm - have to really attach that L-plate much more firmly then the last few! :innocent:

McJim
22nd August 2006, 22:45
Well, I guess I better go into the L-plate group - not that I've been hooning off to places unknown at a faster pace :innocent: hmmm - have to really attach that L-plate much more firmly then the last few! :innocent:

Don't worry - you can borrow mine!

ben
22nd August 2006, 23:16
Im keen to come as long as the weather isnt too bad, I'm a complete nanna in the wet. If I come I'll have a ride in the fast group. Be good to meet some other 250 riders, its depressing getting passed by all the bigger bikes on the thursday night ride! Then again Im not so sure the bike is the problem :p

yo nice bike, see you on sat. :-)

R6_kid
22nd August 2006, 23:57
If you haven't previously attended one of these courses and your are on your learners/restricted and wanting do some road riding 'at pace' then i suggest you get in contact with CaN (thats his screen name) via PM and ask about when you can go along and do it.

They teach you proper braking technique, give you some background theory about riding, and teach you how to corner properly. Basically everything that should be covered in your learners test that isn't.

Trust me its worth every dollar (about $40 from memory)

I might come along for this and have a cruise. Where exactly are you planning on heading?

Maverick
23rd August 2006, 07:19
If you haven't previously attended one of these courses and your are on your learners/restricted and wanting do some road riding 'at pace' then i suggest you get in contact with CaN (thats his screen name) via PM and ask about when you can go along and do it.

They teach you proper braking technique, give you some background theory about riding, and teach you how to corner properly. Basically everything that should be covered in your learners test that isn't.

I might come along for this and have a cruise. Where exactly are you planning on heading?

Cant tell you its a secret :rockon:

McJim
23rd August 2006, 07:38

Absolutely. The course is the BRONZ Ride Right Ride Safe course and is worth every penny ($45 when I did the course) - didn't do too well on the day myself but took away the basics and have practiced them and am much more confident at cornering safely and braking....can't recommend it enough.

R6_kid
23rd August 2006, 08:21
Cant tell you its a secret :rockon:

heard of sending a private message? :dodge:

Just wondering as im a bit skint for cash, just wondering if it is going to be more open road or semi-rural as you mentioned it being 'L-plate friendly speeds' which doesnt leave many options in my mind.

Maverick
23rd August 2006, 11:53
Just a reminder if people are going to come on the ride this weekend can you please put your name down so we have a vauge idea of how many people will be coming.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-8-26&e=922&c=1

Cheers!

McJim
23rd August 2006, 11:58
Just a reminder if people are going to come on the ride this weekend can you please put your name down so we have a vauge idea of how many people will be coming.

Cheers!

Crikey Mav, there's 14 already, probably a couple more that will turn up weather dependant - will talk on Sat morning - options on a 3rd group perhaps? (Fast, Medium and er....me?)

Note to self - park bikes closer together at meeting point this time. We're gonna need the space.

Maverick
23rd August 2006, 12:07
Crikey Mav, there's 14 already, probably a couple more that will turn up weather dependant - will talk on Sat morning - options on a 3rd group perhaps? (Fast, Medium and er....me?)

Note to self - park bikes closer together at meeting point this time. We're gonna need the space.

Yeah, looks like a good crowd, for those who asked about the next one and a sunday, I have put the next ride on the calender and a post in the 250 forum also. The run this saturday, and the newly listed ride will both be different destinations! Also note the slightly earlier start time on the new run as it is longer.
Recap, This Saturday, 10AM, BP Botany Downs
Next one, check the forum post and calender.

Brett
23rd August 2006, 17:31
Guess I'll go in the quicker group, nothing illegal tho!! And yeah Hellraiser, bring the 636!!

If you boys are afraid of being done...feel free to swap me for one of my zxr's for the day!!!:Punk:

McJim
23rd August 2006, 17:40
If you boys are afraid of being done...feel free to swap me for one of my zxr's for the day!!!:Punk:

You wouldn't have a spare one that Rookie could borrow while his is being fixed would you?

race me!!!!
23rd August 2006, 18:05
please mind myfrench but fuccckkkk i just told my boss i would work saturday morning buggerdo oh well im keen when i can come next!!

Jonny Rotten
23rd August 2006, 18:11
im not coming anymore im goin to go to work instead....... stupid stupid stupid

race me!!!!
23rd August 2006, 18:13

woohoo im not the only one haha

rookie
23rd August 2006, 18:30

um what if a certain noob manages to turn up and not put the stand down properly again??:shutup: :innocent:

rookie
23rd August 2006, 18:32
You wouldn't have a spare one that Rookie could borrow while his is being fixed would you?

oh duuude...u're a legend...have some bling

rookie
23rd August 2006, 18:35

you're a manas

Jonny Rotten
23rd August 2006, 20:02
you're a manas

i dont know what your on about..... plus work equals money..... money equals new bike..... only 4 months till i sit my full so got to get some cash.....

McJim
23rd August 2006, 20:13
i dont know what your on about..... plus work equals money..... money equals new bike..... only 4 months till i sit my full so got to get some cash.....

You got a VTR mate - wot you on about?

The price of those fuggers means you can do a straight swap for a Gixxer 600!

that's why I bought one - either that or just put a turbo charger on the V-Twin for a giggle.

WarlockNZ
23rd August 2006, 20:25
Id be keen ... what motorway offramp do i take ... LOL .. botany where ?? .. lol .. BP what ?? ... you get the idea :)

SwanTiger
23rd August 2006, 20:55
Id be keen ... what motorway offramp do i take ... LOL .. botany where ?? .. lol .. BP what ?? ... you get the idea :)
If you want I can meet you in Albany and show you the way as I'll be coming down from Silverdale.

WarlockNZ
23rd August 2006, 20:56
If you want I can meet you in Albany and show you the way as I'll be coming down from Silverdale.

Rock on Swany .. I'll PM you and we can sort out the details

rookie
23rd August 2006, 21:19

oooh stink...good point....:thud:

SwanTiger
23rd August 2006, 21:33
:bye: Enjoy work Jonny, it's not the same without you perving at my arse.

The price of those fuggers means you can do a straight swap for a Gixxer 600!

Who needs a Gixxer 600 when you can buy a Hyosung? :shutup:

R6_kid
23rd August 2006, 21:58
most bikes we've had at BP Botany is 52 from memory... LOTS

ben
23rd August 2006, 22:17

what?... two korean bikes ridding.... TOGETHER!?!
good luck guys :dodge:

R6_kid
23rd August 2006, 22:21
and a Yamahardcore rider to show them how to ride :yes:

Jsn
23rd August 2006, 22:38
oo make it three korean bikes.. i'll come along.. did the same route last weekend in the dry.. twas much better and could go at a slightly faster pace as well.. still in the dry you can really see the moss covering the road in the twisties :shutup:

McJim
23rd August 2006, 22:42
oo make it three korean bikes.. i'll come along.. did the same route last weekend in the dry.. twas much better and could go at a slightly faster pace as well.. still in the dry you can really see the moss covering the road in the twisties :shutup:

V-Twins rule - regardless of country of origin! Be good to see ya again jsn.

SwanTiger
23rd August 2006, 22:44
Sweet.

How has your bike been running lately?

Maverick
23rd August 2006, 23:33

Ah but how do you know its the same route if the route is secret hmmmmm??? :innocent:
You never know, I might have thrown in a surprise or two..

Fub@r
23rd August 2006, 23:43
Saturday is currently forecast for heavy rain.......will it be called off if that is the case?

Hellraiser
24th August 2006, 08:14
what?... two korean bikes ridding.... TOGETHER!?!
good luck guys :dodge:

It means at least one of them will make it ...............
They can swap parts LOL

Hellraiser
24th August 2006, 08:16
Ah but how do you know its the same route if the route is secret hmmmmm??? :innocent:
You never know, I might have thrown in a surprise or two..

The surprise will be if it isn't raining ..........

Being the soft cock that i am if it is so much as spitting i won't be there ....... Sorry :Punk:

Maverick
24th August 2006, 08:21
The weather reports have be bleating how bad the weather will be for the last 3 weeks and sofar I have not seen any of it beyond a few overcast days and the odd shower, so we will just have to see on the day I guess,
Having said that, if on saturday morning it is Thunder and Lightning It is a reasonably sane assumption we wont be going!

Hellraiser
24th August 2006, 08:38
The weather reports have be bleating how bad the weather will be for the last 3 weeks and sofar I have not seen any of it beyond a few overcast days and the odd shower, so we will just have to see on the day I guess,
Having said that, if on saturday morning it is Thunder and Lightning It is a reasonably sane assumption we wont be going!

They got it right on the Sunday just gone trust me i was doing the Ride Safe 350 and it wasn't nice in the pooring rain.

I will assume you will post up here that its off?

Maverick
24th August 2006, 08:48
Funny that in Auckland it was perfect blue skies until around 4.30pm on Sunday when my neighbour came home from the ridesafe trip :innocent:

If it is definitly cancelled I will post here before I leave, otherwise I will make the call from Botany if it is marginal.

Fub@r
24th August 2006, 08:50
If its just a bit of rain I'm still good to go, but if its pretty persistant and/or really windy I will probably give it a miss. I will post at 8am on saturday once I look out window :sunny:

Maverick
24th August 2006, 08:53
I have been watching the weather satellites the last few days, there is a front coming, but we may be lucky in that it might either a) not reach us on saturday, or b) as with last time, the crappy weather split north and south.

Will keep watching. :rockon:

Maverick
24th August 2006, 08:58
Latest satellite image

musicman
24th August 2006, 12:22

What about 125's? Will they be able to keep up? (Not that I'd be able to come anyway, working on Saturdays, but would like to go on rides sometime)

McJim
24th August 2006, 12:56
What about 125's? Will they be able to keep up? (Not that I'd be able to come anyway, working on Saturdays, but would like to go on rides sometime)

I would say a 2 stroke 125 ridden properly could give some of the 250s 'the learn' in the twisties.

Maverick
24th August 2006, 14:00
Its not like the slow group will be going that fast anyway, might be a bit of an ask to keep up with the fast group perhaps :rockon:

Fub@r
24th August 2006, 14:13
Its not like the slow group will be going that fast anyway, might be a bit of an ask to keep up with the fast group perhaps :rockon:

Once we get our slipstream going we'll be leaving the faster group behind :Punk:

toymachine
24th August 2006, 15:26
I may have to postpone my attendance untill the next one... still haven't managed to head out into traffic yet, and i'm fair sure my clutch is on the out

toymachine
24th August 2006, 19:45
Good to meet Maverick this evening, and hopefully i'll see the rest of yas on Saturday...

A highlight had to be him letting me feel the bite on his clutch and be like 'Whoa!' as i'm releasing it and it's STILL not biting, then him tell me i've got it in neutral :innocent:

WarlockNZ
24th August 2006, 20:21

Last ZXR i rode tried to kill me every time i rolled on the gas ... was a damn nice ride tho ... lol

Maverick
24th August 2006, 20:23
Good to meet Maverick this evening, and hopefully i'll see the rest of yas on Saturday...

A highlight had to be him letting me feel the bite on his clutch and be like 'Whoa!' as i'm releasing it and it's STILL not biting, then him tell me i've got it in neutral :innocent:

Yes I tried not to smile too much :innocent:

WarlockNZ
24th August 2006, 20:25
oo make it three korean bikes...

nice!!! ... we'll just be flash bastards ... ha ha

musicman
25th August 2006, 00:17
I would say a 2 stroke 125 ridden properly could give some of the 250s 'the learn' in the twisties.

Haha, not that I'd be out to give anyone 'the learn', but I'm more concerned about the straights... I've taken it on the motorway and going at 100~110km/h when the ground's flat is close to the redline in top gear, and hardly any more power to accelerate, any sort of incline and the speed drops... *sigh* wish I had a bigger bike... :crybaby:

EDIT: Does anyone else here ride a 125? I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum with one...

Maverick
25th August 2006, 07:55
The forcast has already been downgraded for saturday from heavy rain to just rain, Satellite images look hopeful, the big stormy crap coming in from Oz appears to be dissapaiting a bit.

McJim
25th August 2006, 08:03
The forcast has already been downgraded for saturday from heavy rain to just rain, Satellite images look hopeful, the big stormy crap coming in from Oz appears to be dissapaiting a bit.

Dissipating....hmm - good choice of vocab dude. ;-)

Searchin'
25th August 2006, 09:29
Man, if only I had a bike, I would love to go on one of these things. I'm definitely getting a bike within the next week. Or two. Max.:yes:

PS. What's a Ginny? I've heard good things...

McJim
25th August 2006, 09:40
Ginny = Suzuki GN250 - $3300 new (see Haldanes/Colemans) economic but not the fastest tool in the shed. Accesible entry to motorcycling but you will outgrow it quickly.
In fact, post what your budget is and what you want to get from the bike and I'll let you know what I think (I've recently been through the whole "hmmm what bike shall I buy?" phase!)

Searchin'
25th August 2006, 10:22
Sweet!

I've got a 7.5K cap - including helmet, jacket & gloves.

I'm looking for something new-ish... fast-ish... reliable-ish and something that I will grow into as a rider. I may have this bike for a while so I want one that has some - "capacity."

At the moment, I'm waiting for the Kawasaki GPX250R to come in so I can see it in action, take it for a test. Yse it's 80s but apart from that, it seems to have everything I'm looking for.

I DID actually have a look at the GN250 but I decided to forgo that as It doesn't have the "capacity" that I am looking for.

I read and read and looked about and I am still of two minds about the Hyosung series.

Fub@r
25th August 2006, 10:24
GN 250 can give you 110-120kph top speed, pretty forgiving bike (well I think so) can get a 2nd hand one for low 2's and less than 12 months old with about 1000k's on it.

For me being an old fart, paranoid noob road rider the Ginny was good, has good feild of view but as Jim said you will outgrow it. My one I only plan to have it for 12 months to get my skills up then move on to a Bandit, VTR or Hornet as my next bike.

rookie
25th August 2006, 13:05
Sweet!

I've got a 7.5K cap - including helmet, jacket & gloves.

I'm looking for something new-ish... fast-ish... reliable-ish and something that I will grow into as a rider. I may have this bike for a while so I want one that has some - "capacity."

At the moment, I'm waiting for the Kawasaki GPX250R to come in so I can see it in action, take it for a test. Yse it's 80s but apart from that, it seems to have everything I'm looking for.

I DID actually have a look at the GN250 but I decided to forgo that as It doesn't have the "capacity" that I am looking for.

I read and read and looked about and I am still of two minds about the Hyosung series.

give urself 1k for good gear.

if u wan something that you can grow into, u need something with a bit more poke than a gn, and something a bit sexier than a gpx. Try to aim for a 2nd hand vtwin or zxrC.

or i reckon the best compromise between cost, reliability, performance would be a vtr.

zxr's are crap for commuting due to the riding position and lack of low down torque.
hyosung's seem to have various little problems.

gn would use the least fuel,good position for commuting, but crap if u wan to maintain 100 up an incline?!?!find something else

SwanTiger
25th August 2006, 13:17
hyosung's seem to have various little problems.
Yeah I've got this annoying problem with mine, it goes to bloody fast !! :shutup:

Searchin', what is wrong with getting a GN 250 and then selling it after you have your restricted license?

Fub@r
25th August 2006, 14:22
My main reason for my Ginny was cheap and reliable, easy to fix especially if I ever have a drop. Plus theres a fairly good market for them secondhand as more and more people move to bikes from cages.

As an aside there a damn fine sexy looking VTR on trademe at the moment, asking price is 5k

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-68032155.htm

McJim
25th August 2006, 14:42
As an aside there a damn fine sexy looking VTR on trademe at the moment, asking price is 5k

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-68032155.htm

I can vouch for the VTR - sexy noise - slightly more output than the Hyosung however no fairing (I've attached an aftermarket half fairing to mine) It produces about 24Kw (32Bhp) at the crank - it's very forgiving (coz of the torque) you can pull away from stationary in 3rd without being fantastic with the clutch. Once you get the revs up to 9K/10K it's quite an agressive bike and since it's lighter than the 4 cyls it's deceptively quick and agile - a very good all round bike but not an out and out racer.

WarlockNZ
25th August 2006, 17:33

Come over to the dark side and go for the Hyosung :Punk:

McJim
25th August 2006, 17:51
Come over to the dark side and go for the Hyosung :Punk:

Bear in mind people will take the piss out of you for riding a Korean bike, people will call you gay for riding a Honda, you will be accused of being a sheep if you get a Suzuki - whatever you get be preapered to deal with the funny comments! But at the end of the day get a VTR and be the envy of everone else on 250cc bikes!:rockon:

Jeaves
25th August 2006, 18:01
theres always the two stroke 150 's KR150 , RG150 etc . Not so reliable but a lot of fun :yes:

rookie
25th August 2006, 18:58
Yeah I've got this annoying problem with mine, it goes to bloody fast !! :shutup:

Ok now i know for a fact that that's due to the rider

Searchin', what is wrong with getting a GN 250 and then selling it after you have your restricted license?

nothing at all...if u're only after a bike to have for a short period, it doesnt really matter wat it is...to some extent.

Although i think the aim was to have the bike for a while.

rookie
25th August 2006, 19:03
Bear in mind people will take the piss out of you for riding a Korean bike, people will call you gay for riding a Honda, you will be accused of being a sheep if you get a Suzuki - whatever you get be preapered to deal with the funny comments! But at the end of the day get a VTR and be the envy of everone else on 250cc bikes!:rockon:

Yea but the hyosung (gtr in particular) is dam sexy and also has the magic v-twin grumble(well...as good as a 250 gets)

with the honda...it'll be one of the last to break down

dammit theres pro's and cons for everything!!you can get into this argument from all sorts of angles and positions...(just like a couple of Honda riders:dodge: :shutup: :dodge: )

nah peace guys

McJim
25th August 2006, 19:10
Yea but the hyosung (gtr in particular) is dam sexy and also has the magic v-twin grumble(well...as good as a 250 gets)

with the honda...it'll be one of the last to break down

dammit theres pro's and cons for everything!!you can get into this argument from all sorts of angles and positions...(just like a couple of Honda riders:dodge: :shutup: :dodge: )

nah peace guys
What are you talking about? - once I've got 2 debaffled pipes attached to my V-Twin I'll be sounding at least as rumbly as a Hyosung GT250R!

Maverick - tell him what the Honda was doing on the uphills last night on our blurt around the peninsula - bear in mind the comparison is a lightweight guy on a Bandit and a Fat git on a VTR.

Searchin'
25th August 2006, 19:34
lol, you dedicated fanbois are too funny!

But seriously, I really appreciate the input. I need to take my mate and give a few of those babies some tests I think.

I do like the idea of getting a new bike though, at least I'll know the history of it. I suppose I could get a 2nd hand GN250 knowing it hasn't been thrashed too much...

Leong
25th August 2006, 19:39
Man, if only I had a bike, I would love to go on one of these things. I'm definitely getting a bike within the next week. Or two. Max.:yes:

PS. What's a Ginny? I've heard good things...

You're going to really enjoy those roads out your way on a bike!! :scooter:

I'd back the VTR too. Only thing against it is relative cost, but would be within your budget. They're a good learners bike because of the smooth power delivery, torquey vtwin character (more forgiving on gearchanges), lowish seat height, very good handling (especially with good tyres), and being a naked bike, less damage if the unthinkable hapens. Theres enough power to mix it with traffic, and even overtaking when you're more experienced. Also they don't depreciate much. You can probably buy my old 2005 VTR250 for $6500 if it's still at Botany Honda, (second owner having traded it back recently), and sell it 6-12 mths later for almost the same. Best of all, they're great fun on the twisties, and sound great too.

By comparison, I think the best thing about the ginny is the cost. But I could be wrong, and I am biased!

rookie
25th August 2006, 19:42

But seriously, I really appreciate the input. I need to take my mate and give a few of those babies some tests I think.

I do like the idea of getting a new bike though, at least I'll know the history of it. I suppose I could get a 2nd hand GN250 knowing it hasn't been thrashed too much...

umm....well...the thing is...if u'r doin 110...thats pretty much revving the guts out of it.

the main piece of mind is that no-one would've pulled any wheelies or stoppies with the thing...oh and that it runs on "air"...and that it will be cheap to fix (in comparison with and inline4:angry: ) if it breaks down (IF)

Searchin'
25th August 2006, 19:47
umm....well...the thing is...if u'r doin 110...thats pretty much revving the guts out of it.

the main piece of mind is that no-one would've pulled any wheelies or stoppies with the thing...oh and that it runs on "air"...and that it will be cheap to fix (in comparison with and inline4:angry: ) if it breaks down (IF)
Ah. Noted.

WarlockNZ
25th August 2006, 20:37

Spectrum Motorcycles over on Barrys point road have a yellow Hyosung as a demo ... go and give it a test .. you'll love it :)

gijoe1313
25th August 2006, 22:30
My one I only plan to have it for 12 months to get my skills up then move on to a Bandit, VTR or Hornet as my next bike.

Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Get the Hornet! Oh yeah, did I say? Get the Hornet!

Not that I'm biased or anything! :innocent:

Seriously, start going out now and doing the test sit/ride thang! I'm already looking and drooling over my next upgrade! And I'll still be keeping my Hornet - no way will I part with my 1st two wheels of freedom. That baby will stay in my lounge as a permanent fixture! :love:

R6_kid
25th August 2006, 23:18
And I'll still be keeping my Hornet - no way will I part with my 1st two wheels of freedom. That baby will stay in my lounge as a permanent fixture! :love:

For sure, you'd keep it over 5 grand trade in on a bigger bike. I think once you've tried a real bike you'll sell it anyway.

I thought i'd keep my ZXR forever, but i tried the R6 and i was hooked. Only person i know that has kept their 250 is N4CR and thats coz he cant be bothered upgrading. I dont think he could handle a big bike though, he cant ride for shit.

gijoe1313
25th August 2006, 23:46
@gareth_d

Heh, I'm one of those poor fewls who still has old fashioned sentiments. 5 grand? pffft! I'm keeping that baby forever! Eventually I'll have a stable of each brand of bike ('cept a HD maybe?:rolleyes:)

I guess you ain't a wargamer...and it takes a wargamer to know the obsessive possession of prized artifacts gleamed from arcane sources!

But thanks for trying to talk some sense into me, I know it isn't rational - but if I was rational would I be riding two wheels of freedom? :Punk: :ride: :2thumbsup:

Oh yeah, will be getting up early tomorrow to wash and polish and fuss over my pride and joy - ready to meet the other new kb mates it will make! :sunny: :rockon:

R6_kid
25th August 2006, 23:56
for those interested i have found some insane twisties in the near vicinicty of a possible discussed destination. Just getting my head around the area via GoogleEarth but if you are going to follow me it may pay to have a full tank of gas. Dont worry, im a newb rider.

Brett
25th August 2006, 23:58
Only person i know that has kept their 250 is N4CR and thats coz he cant be bothered upgrading. I dont think he could handle a big bike though, he cant ride for shit.

You are just lucky he don't trawl this forum no more, cause he mighta just given you the learn!!:spanking:

Brett
26th August 2006, 00:03
You guys can keep the damn Hyobag GTR, have you had a look at the build quality of the hyosung range????I was really unimpressed. I agree it has the looks, but that really is all. Personal opinion obviously, some people on here hate the ZXR 250c...fiar enough too. Personally i would happily keep my ZXR.

R6_kid
26th August 2006, 00:22
You are just lucky he don't trawl this forum no more, cause he mighta just given you the learn!!:spanking:

Fuck off, you know he's shit. Its not his fault though. We're gonna try real hard to improve on tomorrows ride so that should be good.

SwanTiger
26th August 2006, 00:35
You guys can keep the damn Hyobag GTR, have you had a look at the build quality of the hyosung range????I was really unimpressed. I agree it has the looks, but that really is all. Personal opinion obviously, some people on here hate the ZXR 250c...fiar enough too. Personally i would happily keep my ZXR.
Who really fucken gives a flying two week old runny peas and carrot shit, just get on whatever bike you own and ride it.

But I absoloutely love it when someone goes "Those Hyosung GT250's are gutless" and then I blast past them on the road. People should stop worrying about other peoples choice of bike and worry about getting their riding ability on par with their own bikes capabilities.

Over 19,000 km in 7 months of hard riding and I've only had one major problem (Coil crapped out around 1,500km) and 2 very minor issues that were easily and quickly resolved. Build quality? as good as any other, there are teething issues in some areas but they are a solid bike when maintained and stored properly.

/END RANT

Zapf
26th August 2006, 01:02
My main reason for my Ginny was cheap and reliable, easy to fix especially if I ever have a drop. Plus theres a fairly good market for them secondhand as more and more people move to bikes from cages.

VTR250's... can't go wrong

Leong
26th August 2006, 06:36
for those interested i have found some insane twisties in the near vicinicty of a possible discussed destination. Just getting my head around the area via GoogleEarth but if you are going to follow me it may pay to have a full tank of gas. Dont worry, im a newb rider.

Sounds good to me!! ( and you don't fool me about the newb rider bit!! )

Fub@r
26th August 2006, 07:53
ok the day has arrived........my fine example of a GN250 is washed and ready to go.

I've also decided I'm going to change my profession and become a weatherman as he obviously doesnt go to work and look at the images to make any sort of informed decision and porbably makes a mint out of it!

http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=irsatellite

All looks good, see you there at 10am

gijoe1313
26th August 2006, 07:57
I got up early too and washed and polished my Hornet - will be heading to Supercheep and getting some metal polish as a final touch! Damn, sounds like I'm getting ready for a date! :o

Ah well, I'm so happy with my ride I guess I just want her to look her best! :D
Can't wait till I meet up with everyone at Botany BP! Woo hoo! :ride: :2thumbsup :woohoo: :eek:

rookie
26th August 2006, 08:08
GUYS!!!Anyone able to give a (currently) rideless rider a ride into town to pick up his ride??would like to get over with sooner than later and make it to the ride if possible.

text 021 104 5068 please!!

Leong
26th August 2006, 08:18
GUYS!!!Anyone able to give a (currently) rideless rider a ride into town to pick up his ride??would like to get over with sooner than later and make it to the ride if possible.

text 021 104 5068 please!!

Might help too say where you are?

rookie
26th August 2006, 08:26
Might help too say where you are?

yea cheers for that...have to cancel request as i just recieved contact from the mechanic...bikes still not ready:thud:

rookie
26th August 2006, 08:29
but those of you who have a hot sister....keep my number and pass it on could ya??:innocent:

cheers guys

Maverick
26th August 2006, 08:37
Hi Guys,
Weather Update:

It looks fine sofar, but there is a large "thing" approaching from the tasman sea, Unsure what time it will get this way, but I reccomend that people bring wet weather gear incase it reaches us before we get home! :) might have a clearer idea when the 9am satellite pic is up.

duckaddict
26th August 2006, 09:04
but those of you who have a hot sister....keep my number and pass it on could ya??:innocent:

cheers guys

Here, take your pick :lol:

Searchin'
26th August 2006, 09:45
Here, take your pick :lol:
ZOMG BUTSEKS PLZ!!!!

Jsn
26th August 2006, 10:10
Shite.. think i missed the ride :( oh well theres always next week

notme
26th August 2006, 11:50
Somehow I managed to (very briefly) pass through both rides on my travels this morning!

Hope everyone has fun and no one has a reason to come home cursing :rockon:

Theatre
26th August 2006, 15:24
Well, that was a great ride. Cheers Maverick for organising it, Leong for leading us back, N4CR for general shenanigans on the way to the BP and bob for having an awesome bike :p. Was good catching up with everyone and spending a nice day riding some fantastic corners. Finally got my peg down too!

Hellraiser
26th August 2006, 15:47
Great ride guys too many Bin's though, good to put names to faces. Thanks to Maverick for organising it.

When you guys look at upgrading don't discount the motards while your shopping arround the are waaaaaay more fun in the twisties than a sports bike.

:Punk: :done: :sunny: :scooter:

_Gina_
26th August 2006, 15:49
Well, I did well finding the mystery ride ;)

Hope you all had a good ride back on your various routes.

Gg

Leong
26th August 2006, 15:54
Yes, a good ride indeed, Good to meet a few new faces, and some old ones too. Thanks for organising Maverick :first: .... don't know if you know this already but rides out Kaiaua way are notorious for splitting up after lunch, except for the learners groups. Don't let this put you off though.

Good riding with you ArcherWC and Hellraiser. That was quite fun thru the twisties on the way home. And hope you got home OK WarlockNZ. How'd you get on, on the way home? I dunno what guys put on Hyosungs, but the Pirelli Sport Demons that I put on my VTR250 transformed it!!

Hope everyone got home OK, least the rain stayed away....:Punk:

Leong
26th August 2006, 15:58
don't discount the motards while your shopping arround the are waaaaaay more fun in the twisties than a sports bike.

Guess you'd know..... must take one for a run one day then. (They look a tall bike tho)

McJim
26th August 2006, 16:23
Great turn out - somehow I don't think there was as high a proportion of Learners as we'd expected - good job we split into slow and fast groups from the start.

Scenic group didn't suffer any bins - hope all the fast fellas got home safe too.

Nice to see a run friendly enough where a GN250 gets welcomed - we can testify that he reached at least 110kmh!

Looking forward to the next one.

Maverick
26th August 2006, 16:26
Thanks to all the guys who turned up, Hope you all had a good day and got home safe! Pics attached.

Maverick
26th August 2006, 16:29
More pictures.

Fub@r
26th August 2006, 16:47
Nice to see a run friendly enough where a GN250 gets welcomed - we can testify that he reached at least 110kmh!

Hope you all now have respect for the mighty Ginny :scooter: Got tucked in to race position on way home or the headwind would have taken me backwards. I'm stoked that I managed to use 80% of my tyre width on the windy bits

Although I do want Gijoe's Hornet now, man it sounds good

Prof - R
26th August 2006, 17:03
thanks for a great ride it was my first & wont be the last nice meeting you all

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 17:12
Yes, a good ride indeed, Good to meet a few new faces, and some old ones too. Thanks for organising Maverick :first: .... don't know if you know this already but rides out Kaiaua way are notorious for splitting up after lunch, except for the learners groups. Don't let this put you off though.

Good riding with you ArcherWC and Hellraiser. That was quite fun thru the twisties on the way home. And hope you got home OK WarlockNZ. How'd you get on, on the way home? I dunno what guys put on Hyosungs, but the Pirelli Sport Demons that I put on my VTR250 transformed it!!

Hope everyone got home OK, least the rain stayed away....:Punk:

Just walked in the door, Ride home was great, actually managed to stay in the front of the pack ... when you guys said fast i didn't think you meant the speed of freaking light .. LOL .. i'll be looking at some new tires pretty damn quick i can tell you.

Hellraiser
26th August 2006, 17:19
when you guys said fast i didn't think you meant the speep of freaking light .. LOL ..

Well if you had've bought a red Hyosung you may have been able to keep up with the GN's ....... LOL :yes: :scooter:

toymachine
26th August 2006, 17:30
Awesome ride, first highlight was not stalling it on the way out from BP :D!

Had a few later in the day though :shutup:

Brilliant ride... absolutely perfect... it was my first ride in traffic ever (on the way to Botany) and we hit 2 redlights in the whole way from out West. Weather by and large was excellent... and then on the way back West from BP (in much increased traffic now :shit: ) had Warlock watching my back, and Fub@r taking me down buslanes.... great learning experience in what felt a safer traffic environment then just me on my own.

Twistys were awesome, even if I didn't quite have the confidence speed wise.... got caught out on a left hander that tightend... and have the back step out a bit approaching another too fast, but everything went fine and it was one hell of a cool feeling :D

Awesome stuff, time to give my arms and wrists a good rest and i'll probably be falling asleep in Snakes on a Plane tonight...

Cyas in the next one hopefully!:done:

beyond
26th August 2006, 17:45
Though Jason (CBR600) and me didn't actually ride with you guys, it was good catching up with you all at the fish shop and meeting some of you.

Here's a vid clip of some of you guys just before the main road turn off back to Auckland. I'm heading the other way on my 1400 while Jason was shooting some cornering clips and you guys just happened to come the other way. You might recognise yourselves :)

The Green Kawa was intact at this point. Hope he's all right. :(

Had to keep the clip small so quality not the best :(

duckaddict
26th August 2006, 18:05
Hey, thanks for the clip "beyond".

Great ride Maverick ! Well done, printed map and stuffs! :second:

Also thanks to an anonymous guy on the yellow R1 (non KB I think), who help me kick the car who tried to run me down - feckin bastard!

Cheers ppl :Punk:

R6_kid
26th August 2006, 18:36
Somehow I managed to (very briefly) pass through both rides on my travels this morning!

Hope everyone has fun and no one has a reason to come home cursing :rockon:

oh you were the gay (guy?) on the yellow CBR!!! Never met you before bro, shoulda said. Wheres my beers you bitch!

Brett
26th August 2006, 18:58
Well, overall that was a pretty good ride, the first decent one i have had in about 2 months...

However, in a moment of total noobness, i was looking behind me while riding 20kph on a straight piece of road looking back at a corner waiting for Gareth and Tristan, and managed to ride down into a ditch...what a dumb ass, I know!

Not much damaged, most of the scratches were there from a low side while racing, Nothing was hurt but my rep, so you are all free to laugh at me.

I also have to say, don;t get IRC tyres, they are shit. I kept loosing the front end of my bike whil the dunlop on the rear held firm. Adjusted the suspension at Kaiaua, but only helped a little bit. They make the front of the bike quite twitchy too. I dont like them.

Good ride dudes!

Brett
26th August 2006, 19:02
Who really fucken gives a flying two week old runny peas and carrot shit, just get on whatever bike you own and ride it.

But I absoloutely love it when someone goes "Those Hyosung GT250's are gutless" and then I blast past them on the road. People should stop worrying about other peoples choice of bike and worry about getting their riding ability on par with their own bikes capabilities.

Over 19,000 km in 7 months of hard riding and I've only had one major problem (Coil crapped out around 1,500km) and 2 very minor issues that were easily and quickly resolved. Build quality? as good as any other, there are teething issues in some areas but they are a solid bike when maintained and stored properly.

/END RANT

DOnt worry man, I'm not interested in stealing it from you, you can keep it.

notme
26th August 2006, 20:38
oh you were the gay (guy?) on the yellow CBR!!! Never met you before bro, shoulda said. Wheres my beers you bitch!

AY! Gay my ass..... ohhhh maybe not such a good choice of words....Well you know my g/f so draw your own conclusions :love:

Beers are....uh...coming...soon......yeah.....

We met b4 once, that's why I didn't be all formal like and introduce myself - then again I was on a mission and had to go!

Were there any tank-mounted movies from today?

gijoe1313
26th August 2006, 20:52
Hope you all now have respect for the mighty Ginny :scooter: Got tucked in to race position on way home or the headwind would have taken me backwards. I'm stoked that I managed to use 80% of my tyre width on the windy bits

Although I do want Gijoe's Hornet now, man it sounds good

Big ups to you Fub@r! You have taken the Ginny to new levels of respect - for a moment on one of the straights, I thought it was riderless or you had fallen off! Turns out you were streamlining - always the thinker, trying to eke out the max from your machine! :yes:

I'm kinda put out - I don't actually know how my Hornet sounds because I'm on it! :cry:

The ride today was absolutely fan-frikkin'tastical! So many bikes to drool over and finally put some faces to some nicknames (though Rusty deserves the award for most original nickname that is a real name!) Some seriously kewl and powerful machines out there today. It was nice tootling along in a group and was good to finally see some other riders in action. Thanks again to Fub@r for noting that I tend to sit to the left and aim my bike to the right! (wonder if thats because I got an unbalanced lead arse!)

The twisties were good - I managed not to cross over the center line of those nefarious S-bends-trying-hard-to-be-a-switchback! Even managed to touch 140 (naughty since I had my L-plate on, which mysteriously I lost again when I got home!)

Triple Big Ups and Props to Maverick, nice informal set up but effective - all perfect 'cept the part where the scenic group all hared ahead and only the mighty Ginny made the right turn! (which was actually a left, but I digress) At the end of it all, I had to appreciate the sweet goodness that comes from riding two wheels of freedom - glad to hear no-one got seriously hurt (only pride) and hearing about some others learning points was invaluable! Almost as invaluable as a rebuilt sleeve for an engine costing 10k!

Carpa Diem & Peace out!

Maverick
26th August 2006, 21:07
The ride today was absolutely fan-frikkin'tastical! So many bikes to drool over and finally put some faces to some nicknames (though Rusty deserves the award for most original nickname that is a real name!) Some seriously kewl and powerful machines out there today. It was nice tootling along in a group and was good to finally see some other riders in action. Thanks again to Fub@r for noting that I tend to sit to the left and aim my bike to the right! (wonder if thats because I got an unbalanced lead arse!)

The twisties were good - I managed not to cross over the center line of those nefarious S-bends-trying-hard-to-be-a-switchback! Even managed to touch 140 (naughty since I had my L-plate on, which mysteriously I lost again when I got home!)

Triple Big Ups and Props to Maverick, nice informal set up but effective - all perfect 'cept the part where the scenic group all hared ahead and only the mighty Ginny made the right turn! (which was actually a left, but I digress) At the end of it all, I had to appreciate the sweet goodness that comes from riding two wheels of freedom - glad to hear no-one got seriously hurt (only pride) and hearing about some others learning points was invaluable! Almost as invaluable as a rebuilt sleeve for an engine costing 10k!

Carpa Diem & Peace out!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thats what today was all about, I hope we will see you again in 2 weeks for the sunday ride!

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 21:09
Triple Big Ups and Props to Maverick, nice informal set up but effective - all perfect 'cept the part where the scenic group all hared ahead and only the mighty Ginny made the right turn! (which was actually a left, but I digress)

We were following you !!... LOL .. must add to the respect taqlly for the ginny tho ... i know i've bagged them but shit .. it is a desent bit of kit .. was nice to see it being screamed as well ... ha ha .. i think a great day was had by all .. i'm looking forward to the next one :)

Waylander
26th August 2006, 21:14
Thanks to all the guys who turned up, Hope you all had a good day and got home safe! Pics attached.

Pic #4, brilliant fucking thing to do infront of a bunch of new riders.

Hellraiser
26th August 2006, 21:38

What cut a corner that you can see right the way through with more that 100m of visibility on the other side???
Unless you have a magical device that lets you see the rest of the corner i would shut the fuck up if i were you.

Waylander
26th August 2006, 21:39
What cut a corner that you can see right the way through, unless you have a magical device that lets you see the rest of the corner i would shut the fuck up if i were you.Ah so once again I make a comment about cutting a corner( blind or not as there is no reason for it at all) I get told to shut up.

Righto fair enough back to showing bad riding skills.

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 21:44
Play nice kiddies ... no need to get all aggro . .. some people cut .. some dont ... just let it go ..

McJim
26th August 2006, 21:45
What cut a corner that you can see right the way through with more that 100m of visibility on the other side???
Unless you have a magical device that lets you see the rest of the corner i would shut the fuck up if i were you.

I borrowed Mav's camera to take that pic - Hellraiser had at least another 200 metres visibility beyond the corner at the point of turn. All the noobs were facing the other way (smoko break at Orere) and didn't see it anyway.

Hellraiser - sorry for taking the pic and getting you grief.

SwanTiger
26th August 2006, 21:49
I don't know what is funnier, Gaylander pointing it out or you packing a shitty and identifying yourself as the rider.

Funny old world we live in :innocent:

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 21:57
I don't know what is funnier, Gaylander pointing it out or you packing a shitty and identifying yourself as the rider.

Funny old world we live in :innocent:

You should have been there dude ... i felt so alone on the ho ho .. could have done with someone else to take the shit ... LOL

McJim
26th August 2006, 22:06
You should have been there dude ... i felt so alone on the ho ho .. could have done with someone else to take the shit ... LOL

I tried really hard not to give you shit....I thought I did quite well. If you didn't appreciate my efforts then I'll just rip the piss next time.

Hahahahaha.

Yeah - we thought we'd see a flotilla of Hyosungs turn up today - imagine our dismay to see only one....and a yellow one at that!

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 22:10
I tried really hard not to give you shit....I thought I did quite well. If you didn't appreciate my efforts then I'll just rip the piss next time.

Hahahahaha.

Yeah - we thought we'd see a flotilla of Hyosungs turn up today - imagine our dismay to see only one....and a yellow one at that!

Smart ass! ... lol , i was actually impressed that i didn't get more shit .. what with all the post i've read on here about the ho ho, almost thought that someone would try and set it on fire ... LOL .. mind you .. people gave jappa's a lot of shit when they were new on the market.

McJim
26th August 2006, 22:11
Smart ass! ... lol , i was actually impressed that i didn't get more shit .. what with all the post i've read on here about the ho ho, almost thought that someone would try and set it on fire ... LOL .. mind you .. people gave jappa's a lot of shit when they were new on the market.

Yeah - we did try to set it on fire when you weren't looking - fucker wouldn't burn.

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 22:13
Yeah - we did try to set it on fire when you weren't looking - fucker wouldn't burn.

SCORE!!! .. it's flame proof ... swanny was right .. they are built tuff ... LOL

Maverick
26th August 2006, 22:30
SCORE!!! .. it's flame proof ... swanny was right .. they are built tuff ... LOL

Retarded and Retardent? :Punk:

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 22:34
Retarded and Retardent? :Punk:

Dont make me open a can of woop ass on you son :P .. LOL

toymachine
26th August 2006, 22:38
Someone made the comment 'I knew only one Hyosung'd make it here' when you pulled up at the BP, which i thought was pretty good :P

Not that I can bag anything, i've a ginny'd bandit and was stalling all over the show :P Thankfully I had a Hyosung meatshield I was very grateful for on the way home :sunny:

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 22:49
Someone made the comment 'I knew only one Hyosung'd make it here' when you pulled up at the BP, which i thought was pretty good :P

Not that I can bag anything, i've a ginny'd bandit and was stalling all over the show :P Thankfully I had a Hyosung meatshield I was very grateful for on the way home :sunny:

Bastards ... lol ... i thought the ho ho performed really well today ... only just out of run in .. first service next week .. blah .. blah ... and dude .. your welcome .. i wish i had a meatshield when i started riding ... would have made a huge difference .. we'll have you on the motorway in no time ... splittng and cursing ... and just plain hating all the bastards in cages who are trying to kill you ... lol .. like i said to you man .. just relax and keep looking .. you did great today ... and you can only get better with practice :)

SwanTiger
26th August 2006, 22:58
My daughter and I had a wonderful day getting the rubbish to the refuse collection station (dump). Would of loved to have been out riding with you all.

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 23:00
My daughter and I had a wonderful day getting the rubbish to the refuse collection station (dump). Would of loved to have been out riding with you all.

Dude .. jim was saying today ... his wife and kids went to the hot pools .. you could have added your daughter to the crew ... worth thinking about for next time :) .. send him a PM ..

SwanTiger
26th August 2006, 23:09
Dude .. jim was saying today ... his wife and kids went to the hot pools .. you could have added your daughter to the crew ... worth thinking about for next time :) .. send him a PM ..
She can't crawl or walk yet let alone swim! However she has learnt to balance herself on motorcycles.

Little bugger doesn't know what she is in for - I've already sized up some boots and the cost of custom made leathers so she can ride one of those mini bikes.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28573&d=1142754619

WarlockNZ
26th August 2006, 23:13
She can't crawl or walk yet let alone swim! However she has learnt to balance herself on motorcycles.

Little bugger doesn't know what she is in for - I've already sized up some boots and the cost of custom made leathers so she can ride one of those mini bikes

oh to have a dad like you ... LOL .. just make sure you keep her away from guys like us ... LOL .. looking forward to seeing you on the next ride mate.

toymachine
26th August 2006, 23:25
These are only from my pxt camera, but thought i'd chuck them up anyway.

McJim
27th August 2006, 07:22

Yeah - my littlest fella is 10 months old - next thing we know we'll be creating a bikers' offspring creche for run days!

Actally that's not such a crazy idea.....

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 14:12
ok, had a look at the tank cam stuff i got today, i'm going to have to compact it down by cutting out all the boring straight line stuff. Got some decent twisty riding aswell as a few lifts (not quite wheelies) and some other higher speed stuff. At the moment there is a few hundred mb of video, so i'll compress it down and give it a soundtrack.

Unfortunately the camera crapped out when i went off by myself like a bat out of hell, which would have been the best video of all. Oh well, least I know it works.

ArcherWC
27th August 2006, 17:29
Hey, thanks very much everyone for a really enjoyable day.
It was my first experiance of group riding and found the low key no pressure riding great fun.
Even though im on a big bike, i have very little road experience, so following a few of the faster guys was invaluable,

Cheers everyone

Hopefully i will make the next one as well

McJim
27th August 2006, 17:41
Hey, thanks very much everyone for a really enjoyable day.
It was my first experiance of group riding and found the low key no pressure riding great fun.
Even though im on a big bike, i have very little road experience, so following a few of the faster guys was invaluable,

Cheers everyone

Hopefully i will make the next one as well

Wasn't that you that was keeping up with Spank and Hellraiser? Pretty sure it was an Aprillia I took a photo of on the way past and I only took the 1st 3 riders.

you were travelling man - respect.:niceone:

Zapf
27th August 2006, 17:45

Personally, I think its not a good example regardless of how much visibility there is. Also its bad training, if the corner is sharp... (which it is) then pratice taking the sharp corners. E.g work on the line

2c

Hellraiser
27th August 2006, 18:45
Personally, I think its not a good example regardless of how much visibility there is. Also its bad training, if the corner is sharp... (which it is) then pratice taking the sharp corners. E.g work on the line

2c

I do agree that its not good pratice to cut corners Zapf but a) with the speed i was carring into that corner it was the best line and it was SAFE to do so. b) I didn't know that the newer guys were there untill i saw someone on the side of the road taking photo's, other wise i may have given them a example of how to run off the road and hit the camera man instead ..... LOL

Fub@r
27th August 2006, 19:05
I do agree that its not good pratice to cut corners Zapf but a) with the speed i was carring into that corner it was the best line and it was SAFE to do so. b) I didn't know that the newer guys were there untill i saw someone on the side of the road taking photo's, other wise i may have given them a example of how to run off the road and hit the camera man instead ..... LOL

Don't worry the bulk of the learner group had their backs to the corner and parked in the carpark on the side road. Anyway in my case I don't think there is any corner my Ginny could carry too much speed into that I would need to cut the corner :scooter:

McJim
27th August 2006, 19:11
Having looked at the picture again I can't see what the problem is.

Also amused why no one else jumped to his defense (coz of the 3 cyclists on the road....just out of frame!)

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 19:41

2c

exactly my thinking too, but sometimes im lazy and prefer to carry the speed to make my dick feel that much bigger.

Zapf
27th August 2006, 20:09

yea I know what you mean. I remember that corner well, its a really sharp 90 degree corner at the end of the long stright. :)

try not to hit the camera man, I think there is a ditch on that side :P

Zapf
27th August 2006, 20:10
exactly my thinking too, but sometimes im lazy and prefer to carry the speed to make my dick feel that much bigger.

haha... sounds like you like the G force. Rush of blood to the dick? :dodge:

don't take it wrong... just a joke

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 20:38
haha... sounds like you like the G force. Rush of blood to the dick? :dodge:

don't take it wrong... just a joke
you know i love you felix, you're my favourite pussy.

ArcherWC
27th August 2006, 20:42
Wasn't that you that was keeping up with Spank and Hellraiser? Pretty sure it was an Aprillia I took a photo of on the way past and I only took the 1st 3 riders.

you were travelling man - respect.:niceone:

Cheers, yep, that was me on the Aprillia, not bad for someone who has only been on the road two or three months, lol. (Done years of MX though) now if only we could set up a few jumps as well

I would never let John (hellraiser) get away from me, i would never live it down. And his poor little XT just didnt have what it takes when the road staightens out, lol

And as we have all seen, hellraiser cheats in the corners anyway, lol

Again, a great day out, see you all next time

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 22:05
Here ya go ladies

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gdeaconnz

Some footage of the ride from my tank cam. Youtube takes ages to upload, and i've only put up 2/10 videos so far.

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 22:45
Here is a link to a listing of tankcam videos taken from around the Kaiaua coast region and some inland stuff towards Clevedon aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gdeaconnz

For those that arent very experienced with ride paces just so you know, this would be classed about medium pace - watch the the Medium Pace Twisties video for a good indicator of what i mean.

The majority of the footage was trialing to see how well I can capture (video wise) the rider in front so the pace wasnt as shit hot as it could have been. I did do some showing off just for the camera with some higher paced stuff by myself, but as fate would have it the camera decided to run out of batteries.

If you watch closely on one or two of the videos you'll see my handle bars wobble as I approach the corner, thats the bike 'backing in' which was eye opening to say the least, but very exciting to come out of! (must remember to stay off the back brake!) Also threw in a couple of lifts/wheelies for good measure.

I'm just having a play with some video editing software at the moment so there'll be re-dubbed versions by the end of the week with less wind noise and some nicely matching soundtracks to go with them.

And I apologise for the wind noise in advance, i thought having the camera behind the screen would eliminate that problem.

I havent finished uploading them all, should be 10 in total when im all done.

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 22:53
can anyone who got a picture of my camera setup please post it?

Got a couple of people asking how i mounted it.

gijoe1313
27th August 2006, 22:55
Good stuff! I was wondering how the innovative kwik kiwi ingenuity tank mount was going to fair! I think I'll keep to my nana speeds before I start doing "medium pace" :yes:

DMNTD
27th August 2006, 22:56
Hey man....can ya post a pic of your camera set up? Wanting to suss the best way to mount mine to my tank or where ever
Cheers

texmo
27th August 2006, 22:57
Sweet gareth I am just downloading it now. getting a tank cam set up is one of the things on my big list of must haves...

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 22:58
Fair enough mate, no ones gonna knock you for taking your time. It's not everyones cup of tea, and its the easiest way to make yourself look like a dick by ending up in a ditch/trees etc like i have twice before.

Takes a lot of practice and confidence to get to where I've got too, and it takes a shit load more balls to be 'fast'.

Just do it whoever you enjoy it, doesnt matter what anyone else thinks aslong as you're still alive.

texmo
27th August 2006, 23:00
Hey man....can ya post a pic of your camera set up? Wanting to suss the best way to mount mine to my tank or where ever
Cheers

I think OAB has the best set up, well I think its him. Has the camera in his boot under the pillion seat and then has a bullet camera mounted up the front jaycar sells them for about $250 for a full colour good quality one that plugs straight into most digi cameras.

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 23:01
Cheers

yeh sure thing. Just waiting for someone to send me a pic of it. Was a home job that took about 5mins of setup at home, then another few at the gasser after i'd filled up. Was just duct tape and a polystyrene block to protect it, but got a better setup on the way.

gijoe1313
27th August 2006, 23:06
yeh sure thing. Just waiting for someone to send me a pic of it. Was a home job that took about 5mins of setup at home, then another few at the gasser after i'd filled up. Was just duct tape and a polystyrene block to protect it, but got a better setup on the way.

I'll get onto editing the piccies I took - I got a few of the set up from different angles! Now...where did I put that download USB cable...:doh:

Okkkay... only had the the two piccies ... but done and done!

TerminalAddict
27th August 2006, 23:31
dude .. second left hander on "Kaiaua - Open Road (return)" looks like you almost turned into the bank :D

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 23:39
haha i was being squid as and hanging off, i was concentrating so hard on where my knee was with regards to the ground (almost down i guess) that i didnt give it enough gas on the exit. Wasn't a worry at the time but i knew it let the guy behind me catch up real quick.

gijoe1313
27th August 2006, 23:58
Okkkay ... since I found my USB cable and did the d/l shot of gareth_d's unqiue camera set up, I bit the bullet and did all the piccies I took on that day! I'll post them in groups so it makes some sort of sense (yeh, right!):whistle:

Oh, what fun from that day - and the sky gods kowtowed to the bike god in supplication of the pursuit of passion on two wheels of freedom...

gijoe1313
28th August 2006, 00:05
Now there was some controversy over this particular corner, but us newbies were all facing the wrong way!

If you look carefully in the 1st photo, you can see Big McJim standing artfully on the road getting ready to snap piccies of riders coming past.

The others are shots of the scenic riders group!

gijoe1313
28th August 2006, 00:08
The big meeting point where various members talked shite, ate shite, looked at shite, were shite, you get the general vis a vis!

No piccies of riders in this one, only the important stuff first - bikes! And puhlenty of them!

gijoe1313
28th August 2006, 00:15
And...here is the mob being shite in general! No apologies given for any bad profile shots taken. No apologies given for anybody not in shots. No correspondence will be entered into. Thank you for your co-operation!

Right, thats enuff for tonite - do the rest tobloodymorrow...

Zapf
28th August 2006, 01:25
I'll get onto editing the piccies I took - I got a few of the set up from different angles! Now...where did I put that download USB cable...:doh:

Okkkay... only had the the two piccies ... but done and done!

lol... that tape... that TAPE!

toymachine
28th August 2006, 07:25
Nice pics :D

The black Bandit was mine, not Jim's, though.... ;)

DMNTD
28th August 2006, 08:35
lol... that tape... that TAPE!
Hahahha...yeah I thought we were hori up this way!!
But hey it seemed to have worked well! :yes:

Squeak the Rat
28th August 2006, 09:16
I'm still trying to work out why there have been so many cops out that way lately.........

Hellraiser
28th August 2006, 09:29
I'm still trying to work out why there have been so many cops out that way lately.........

Didn't see any on saturday?

mazz1972
28th August 2006, 10:32
Awesome vid clips dude!! Feel a bit motion sick after watching.

Makes me realise I am going to be a nana rider forever. I will probably never have the bike or the "balls" to ride like that. :shit:

gijoe1313
28th August 2006, 11:11
:doh:
Nice pics :D

The black Bandit was mine, not Jim's, though.... ;)

Doh and double doh! :doh::doh: That'll learn me to do stuff when I'm half awake (or izzat half asleep!). :doh: