PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Brynderwyn Bypass

Maha
15th August 2006, 20:30
Fantastic ride on a :sunny: :sunny: day.... Warkworth return is just on 200km. Leaving Warkworth at 10am through to Paparoa/Waipu/Mangawhai/Puhoi for a drink and perv at other bikes and basically just talk a bit of shit. I know some out there are really good at that :blip: Theres a posting in 'events' on the 19th (this saturday) so if you can make it to Warkworth by 10am do it.

insane1
16th August 2006, 13:32
where do we meet i you for this ride as i would like to take one last long ride before i sell the burger.

DMNTD
16th August 2006, 15:08
Could be into this mate...were creating a plan for the weekend so shall try and incorperate Paparoa rd etc.
BTW: GSXR owners beaware...this road eats gixxers for breaky :yes:

Zed
16th August 2006, 15:21
Yep i'll be keen on that Maha, pls update thread with suitable meeting place in Warkworth once decided upon. [smilie=7,13,15]

Edit: Just viewed calendar entry, it's all good.

Maha
16th August 2006, 17:11
Could be into this mate...were creating a plan for the weekend so shall try and incorperate Paparoa rd etc.
BTW: GSXR owners beaware...this road eats gixxers for breaky :yes:
Love the name change.....thanks for clearifying it for as well...Ding Ding..

Yep i'll be keen on that Maha, pls update thread with suitable meeting place in Warkworth once decided upon. [smilie=7,13,15]

Edit: Just viewed calendar entry, it's all good.

Man of your talents Matt.... didnt take ya long to figure it out.....:niceone:

DMNTD
17th August 2006, 07:41
Love the name change.....thanks for clearifying it for as well...Ding Ding..
LOL...not too hard to work this one out eh...apparently it suits :shit:
JUst ordered the plate for it yesterday too :sunny:

DMNTD
18th August 2006, 09:49
Looks like I've managed to acquire another 5+ to join us tomorrow.
Is it too early for a bourbon?

nodrog
18th August 2006, 10:00

.........yes!

Zed
18th August 2006, 10:22
Looks like I've managed to acquire another 5+ to join us tomorrow.Here's hoping the weather is as spectacular on the morrow as it is today!!! (see pic)

Is it too early for a bourbon? Not for you...lest we forget Mahas party. :gob:

DMNTD
18th August 2006, 10:22
.........yes!

Mate you're just pissy cause you're at "work" :kick:

Maha
18th August 2006, 14:45
Looks like I've managed to acquire another 5+ to join us tomorrow.

X-lent..... i wanna take a short vid 2moro...perhaps outta Mangawhai, will take it on the diggy camera, so looking to have a single file pass, and maybe a mono from Mr Zed.....:blip: the bummer will be i wont be it it....:cry:

DMNTD
18th August 2006, 17:54
i wanna take a short vid 2moro...perhaps outta Mangawhai, will take it on the diggy camera, so looking to have a single file pass, and maybe a mono from Mr Zed...

Good man...just scord a vid camera too but looking at different ways to mount it on my scooter atm. Pretty bloody keen to get some action shots of the ZX and moi...naturally :scooter:

Ozzie
18th August 2006, 18:59
Is anyone going up from Aucks?

Meet when /where?

I have a tripod, if I can find a way to safishly carry it, you can all be in the vid.

Edit: Sorry for the pace.....is/was dmntd tl?

Maha
18th August 2006, 19:46

Meet when /where?

I have a tripod, if I can find a way to safishly carry it, you can all be in the vid.

Edit: Sorry for the pace.....is/was dmntd tl?

Yes DMNTD and TL are one in the same........
come on up if you can Ozzie, here seems to be a few turning up, some havent put their name on the list but who care's huh?..... as long as they turn up

Zed
18th August 2006, 23:42

Meet when /where?Some of us are meeting @ Shell Westgate at 9am sharp!

DMNTD
19th August 2006, 07:27
.....is/was dmntd tl?
Some may argue that TL is DMNTD :innocent:
Come on up mate as Insane1 will be there on his super-scooter so you should be able to keep pace no worries :scooter:

Ozzie
19th August 2006, 08:43
Gunna give this one a miss, as much as I would like to go for the ride. Will make sure I come up on the next one.

See, thing is, I need to be in paps by 5 in order to be sure i have a vb in hand to watch the wallabies kick the blacks.

Enjoy the ride guys!

Zed
19th August 2006, 17:42
Thanks to the Maha's for taking the initiative to organise this ride today. Even though it was overcast all day and a bit nippy at times the roads were in great condition and best of all DRY!! :yes:

10 bikes in all turned up at Paparoa, with 3 big Busa's taking out the majority category. Twas good to catch up with familiar faces and everyone rode their own ride and behaved themselves, well, most of the time! :innocent:

Poor ole M1CRON's Busa sprung an oil leak on the way back to Mangawhai so 6 of us were delayed in getting to our lunch stop. Miraculously the leak stopped after tootoing around with the bike for 20mins! :sherlock: (see pic)

Highlight of the ride for me was doing that fantastic Paparoa-Oakleigh road twice, twisty heaven that, and I even paid homage to 'Onesti Corner' (Tomthephoms crash site) as I sliced through it at 45 degrees! :Punk:

I trust you all got back home safe and sound, sory I couldn't join you at Puhoi but I wanted to get home. See ya's on the next one.

Maha
19th August 2006, 17:50
Those tree's look dam fine as a backdrop for the bike's Zed.....:niceone:
Ever considered taking up photography as a job ??.....:yes:
Thought to myself (as you tooted bye bye) at the Puhoi turn off ''he cant be rushing home for a feed''......not after what you put away at Mangawhai...:corn:
Seemed like every plate of food that came out..''yeah thats mine''...top effort

Zed
19th August 2006, 17:57
Those tree's look dam fine as a backdrop for the bike's Zed.....:niceone:
Ever considered taking up photography as a job ??.....:yes: Cheers, they were taken on my Nokia 6131 phone, but honestly they aren't that crash hot. I'll have to muck around with the settings to see if the clarity can be improved. Twas good to catch the moments anyway.

Thought to myself (as you tooted bye bye) at the Puhoi turn off ''he cant be rushing home for a feed''......not after what you put away at Mangawhai...:corn:
Seemed like every plate of food that came out..''yeah thats mine''...top effortMate, you put a dead animal on a plate in front of me and i'll show you what to do with it! Hehe, I think I may have eaten too much, no dinner for me 2nite. :sick:

insane1
19th August 2006, 19:41
was one hell of a ride just makes me want to get a bigger bike now maybe a busa or even a blade well see have to do this again soon when i get my next bike then i might even keep a bit better.

oldguy
19th August 2006, 21:48
looks like I missed out on great ride, had to stay home do abit of work around the house, couldn't put it of for another weekend,
nice pic's Zed, and you did that with your phone, better pic's than I can do with my camera.:yes:

Maha
19th August 2006, 22:37
Took a nice wee vid of Zed on the road, was waiting for the Norfland guys to show but they went back north, great bunch of people to ride with and talk shit at every stop....:2thumbsup

Total commitment from the Busa Pete's to take off at one point to go back to Whangaparaoa and rejoin later.....cheers guys.....:first:
SPB also finished work and met us at Wellsford to ride back to the Puhoi, good to see ya buddy....:yes:

Quote of the day ''cos' you cant get it up''..... whats up with that DMNTD? :innocent: and who said it to ya??? :corn:

Micro....hope you can recycle that oil mate.....cost a shit load per barrell these days...:shit:

Nice mono Zed, as you left us...:Punk: pity i didnt see (the much talked about) downhill one......you ledgend.

Zed
20th August 2006, 00:13
Took a nice wee vid of Zed on the road, was waiting for the Norfland guys to show but they went back north, great bunch of people to ride with and talk shit at every stop....:2thumbsup Yeah thanks for that man. I decided to start a new thread concerning that vid you took and posted it up here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=724586#post724586). :ride:

DMNTD
20th August 2006, 09:13
Hey guys good to catch up for a little cruise yesterday...and a bourbon or so :drinknsin
Loved doing the Paparoa rd twice south and that north run was hell fun eh? :innocent:
You'll all be oh so glad to know that I managed to get it up too...cheeky little shit!! :eek:
Will post a vid if evidence is required too :shutup:
Weather held up well but looking outside atm today would've been a pearler, too! :sunny:
BTW...having a little bird hit you in the visor whilst you're doing 100ish:innocent: kmph is not fun!! Still need to clean the rest of the blood and shit off my scooter!!
C of CaN...offering,as I can't get it OFF :confused:

Maha
20th August 2006, 12:26
C of CaN...offering,as I can't get it OFF :confused:

Should have been at the Puhoi bro'.....MICRO had to grab 'C's rear and help her manoeuvre into a more 'orthodox' position..........:innocent:

DMNTD
21st August 2006, 08:57
Should have been at the Puhoi bro'.....MICRO had to grab 'C's rear and help her manoeuvre into a more 'orthodox' position..........:innocent:
I await pic's of said event... :yes: