PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Come meet Scumdog

dangerous
17th August 2006, 18:14
Run, its the cops well cop anyway... hey now what I want to know is how come my Guzzi went missing out of the garage today and was returned 160k's higher, thing is it was seen in Ackers with a rider wearing Tassels thats right fucking tassels on a Guzzi, weres a cop when ya need one.

Anyway, couple of us are having a feed and few beers tomorow night (Fri 18th) possibly will be the old KB haunt Harringtons Belfast unless someone can come up with a better idea... another words big enough, decent food and not a dumbarse cafe in town.

Whos keen... NO TASSELS ALOWED

BTW 6pm on

Kickaha
17th August 2006, 18:18
I've met him, he's over rated :bleh:

ps definite maybe on showing up

onearmedbandit
17th August 2006, 18:26
Well I missed my visit from an out of town cop today 'cos I was off work sick! I'll be there tomorrow SD if you get the chance. I'll hopefully make it tomorrow night as well.

Rashika
17th August 2006, 18:35
that'll teach you to have a sickie!
had a great ride today with SD.
Now he knows what some REAL bikes ride like, and he left with a BIG smile on his face! :rockon:

onearmedbandit
17th August 2006, 18:38
Wish it was just a sickie, went for a ride to Ackers myself yesterday. About halfway home I felt a headache coming on, was in shitloads of pain as I entered town. Got home, pulled my leathers off and got staright into bed. Got up about 12pm to put the bike away, and didn't get up until about 3 today. Still feel like shit, couldn't even eat dinner!

Rashika
17th August 2006, 18:43
Wish it was just a sickie, went for a ride to Ackers myself yesterday. About halfway home I felt a headache coming on, was in shitloads of pain as I entered town. Got home, pulled my leathers off and got staright into bed. Got up about 12pm to put the bike away, and didn't get up until about 3 today. Still feel like shit, couldn't even eat dinner!

damn! wasn't it a great ride tho. Bugger all grit around, we even saw the grit guy clearing it off the road at duvauchelles

what was really funny was seeing all these tassles flying out the back of the guzzi :shutup: HAHAHA!

merv
17th August 2006, 18:48
Did he have his chaps on too?

Rashika
17th August 2006, 18:54
Did he have his chaps on too?

errr no. I did make him wear REAL leathers, he even had a full face helmet, no scullmask this time, he was almost decent :innocent:

merv
17th August 2006, 19:11
Not bad then for a Southern boy?

Finn
17th August 2006, 19:19
I'd like to meet Scumdog. Does he live anywhere near SpudChucker? There's something I need to leave on his doorstep.

miSTa
17th August 2006, 19:25
The boss and I will be there, see everybody at 6

far queue
17th August 2006, 21:49
I won't be there for a feed, but I can make it along around 6.45 for drinkies :drinkup:

laRIKin
17th August 2006, 21:56
We that is SDU and I may turn up after SDU finishes work, but that will be after 7:30.

Quasievil
17th August 2006, 22:06
I'd like to meet Scumdog. Does he live anywhere near SpudChucker? There's something I need to leave on his doorstep.

Having meet you both I wouldnt recommend it Finn, but you decide

Waylander
17th August 2006, 22:21
Spudchucker is in Auckland Scumdog in Dunedin. I don't know but I don't think that's anwhere near each other. May be too drunk to tell.

ANy chance of putting this off for a few more weeks as if things go well saturday I may be down in christchurch before next month (god willing)

Ruralman
17th August 2006, 22:37
When's he heading home - i'm coming up to Akaroa on Mon, back Weds

The_Dover
17th August 2006, 23:41

i thought spudchucker was a big fucken fairy?

dangerous
18th August 2006, 06:32
i thought spudchucker was a big fucken fairy?

Funny... I heard the same thing about you :rockon:

Spudchucker is in Auckland Scumdog in Dunedin. I don't know but I don't think that's anwhere near each other. May be too drunk to tell.

ANy chance of putting this off for a few more weeks as if things go well saturday I may be down in christchurch before next month (god willing)

Shows all you know :shit:

God help us :gob:

Back on topic... Ill be running late closer to 7pm for a feed, Looks like this might well be the last KB meet at Harringtons so make the long haul from town one more time, as a new venue is being looked into.

SpeedyGirl
18th August 2006, 08:14
Sounds like a plan, I'll drag my sorry butt out for tea :) See you there about 7

nadroj
18th August 2006, 08:24
Watch out if he tries to show you a picture of his "Hot Rod"!

Ghost Lemur
18th August 2006, 08:35
I'll try and make it for a quick couple. Will probably in the 7-7:30 time bracket.

scumdog
18th August 2006, 08:39
Hmm, I suppose I'd better turn up then - but how will people know it's me without my tassles??:innocent:

And Finn, if the 'deposit' you're talking about is what I think it is I wouldn't recommend it - cos that would be the best part of you left behind!

Finn
18th August 2006, 08:56

And why would you draw that conclusion?

Finn
18th August 2006, 08:59
And Finn, if the 'deposit' you're talking about is what I think it is I wouldn't recommend it - cos that would be the best part of you left behind!

And I was thinking of riding down just to meet you. Well screw you buddy, I'm staying home.

Flyingpony
18th August 2006, 09:34
Hmm, I suppose I'd better turn up then - but how will people know it's me without my tassles??:innocent:

See if you can borrow one of those Chch police bikes or turn up in a marked patrol car.

Joni
18th August 2006, 09:51
And I was thinking of riding down just to meet you. Well screw you buddy, I'm staying home.aawww damn... I was so looking forward to meeting you :laugh: :bleh:

Quasievil
18th August 2006, 10:10
And why would you draw that conclusion?

I guess cause he is a big fucker, I suppose not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog yeah?

Lou Girardin
18th August 2006, 10:15
Spudchucker is in Auckland Scumdog in Dunedin.

OK, you're batting 100% now.
Wrong.
Self-preservation made me find where Spud was. It's OK now though, he likes me.:sunny:
Scummies easy to find, just follow the burnout marks and cheap bourbon cans from SH1 way down south.:drinkup:

Finn
18th August 2006, 10:48
I guess cause he is a big fucker, I suppose not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog yeah?

True, but he he doesn't appear to be very clever. The old "look, your shoe lace is undone" trick outta do it.

Failing that, I'll just bring Crazy Steve.

spudchucka
18th August 2006, 11:07
Spudchucker is in Auckland

Dorkland? Shit no, not on my pay!

spudchucka
18th August 2006, 11:11
Self-preservation made me find where Spud was. It's OK now though, he likes me.:sunny:

Just keep coughing up the discount when I need new stuff and we'll get along fine.

Lou Girardin
18th August 2006, 11:27
Just keep coughing up the discount when I need new stuff and we'll get along fine.

So if I raise the discount level, I'll have safe conduct through your patch?

Any other members of the thin blue line on here open for similar arrangments?

Can I nominate proxies when I'm not on the road?

scumdog
18th August 2006, 12:19
So if I raise the discount level, I'll have safe conduct through your patch?

Any other members of the thin blue line on here open for similar arrangments?

Can I nominate proxies when I'm not on the road?

My ethics prohibit such mutual backscratching.:whistle:

But I don't mind a discount though.:innocent:

Just finished yarning with OAB, reckons he'll be along tonight.
Hopefully the rest of the CH-ch rabble are up to his standard or the whole sheebang will turn to custard, use to a high standard of associates I am.

scumdog
18th August 2006, 12:27
Run, its the cops well cop anyway... hey now what I want to know is how come my Guzzi went missing out of the garage today and was returned 160k's higher, thing is it was seen in Ackers with a rider wearing Tassels thats right fucking tassels on a Guzzi, weres a cop when ya need one.

Anyway, couple of us are having a feed and few beers tomorow night (Fri 18th) possibly will be the old KB haunt Harringtons Belfast unless someone can come up with a better idea... another words big enough, decent food and not a dumbarse cafe in town.

Whos keen... NO TASSELS ALOWED

BTW 6pm on

Nice bike, nice companion, geat ride :yes: (always is when it's somebody elses bike)

Bike was great D. , just needs some ape-hangers, highway pegs and a shitload of tassles and it would be perfect!!:first:

The_Dover
18th August 2006, 13:09
True, but he he doesn't appear to be very clever. The old "look, your shoe lace is undone" trick outta do it.

Failing that, I'll just bring Crazy Steve.

Doesn't work with police issue velcro trainers mate.

Finn
18th August 2006, 13:14
Doesn't work with police issue velcro trainers mate.

That's the thing Dover, it still works.

Waylander
18th August 2006, 16:50
Meh so I got the places a little mixed up. Ohwell, as I said I was fairly drunk the other night and last time I payed attention to where Spud really was, was back when I first joined. Scummy I just know is south of christchurch.

Skyryder
18th August 2006, 21:38
Fuck it missed this untill too late. Could have turned up. Wifes off to one of her school do's

Skyryder

oldrider
18th August 2006, 22:00
This would have been an interesting gathering to be part of!
Hmmmmm, 3 1/2 hours, or even 3, I think I would still have been too late.
Damn! :shit: Oh well one of these days. :bye: Enjoy, :drinknsin Be gentle with our Scumdog, hes really very sensitive. Cheers, John.

Kickaha
18th August 2006, 23:57
Scummy I just know is south of christchurch.

If you call 4-1/2 to 5 hours of travel "just south"

Waylander
18th August 2006, 23:59
If you call 4-1/2 to 5 hours of travel "just south"
I don't see the word 'just' anywhere near the word south in that quote lol.

miSTa
19th August 2006, 08:43
Great to catch with up with you again SD and CB and the rest of the Chch crew (of course), great turnout. Top night.

far queue
19th August 2006, 09:03
Yep, good to catch up with you all and put put some more faces to names as well - great night :first:

laRIKin
19th August 2006, 09:04
Yes, I agree a good night.
And good to put some more faces to names.

onearmedbandit
19th August 2006, 09:45
Yup, good night had by all I would say. Must do it again.

thehollowmen
19th August 2006, 11:03
arg I need to check this forum more often :gob:

Enjoy the rest of your trip SD

Ghost Lemur
19th August 2006, 11:14
Was a great evening. Good to add some faces to names/avatars.

scumdog
19th August 2006, 23:04
In Hanmer Springs, had a great meal, a wine and now off to the sack.

Back to the Riviera of the South tomorrow, meet some of you at the Pissed Penguin in a week or two.

Will post more on the Ch-ch KB dinner and my observations/opinions on riding a Moto-Guzzi and a Buell on the road to Akkers when I get home and have more time.

SDU
20th August 2006, 13:16
Good to meet you CB & SD & other KB'ers the other nite.
It was good company = good night.

Glad you & CB got the chance to get to Hanmer Springs, hope the weather was great there too.
We hope to get down sth for the Vincent, hopefully we'll catch you then.

Joni
20th August 2006, 13:18
Had a great evening... good company, good food and best of all got see some poeple I have been missing lately!

Was good to see SD and CB again... always good mate! :yes:
OAB... I look forward to Saturday... will be there with bells on :sunny:

Had a great meal, altho Speedys' sitting next to me was better :innocent: - pity Harringtons will soon not be the "local"... but hey, hopefully we can do it again!

oh yeah, the cider was pretty good too :niceone:

onearmedbandit
20th August 2006, 14:35
Joni - Good to see you again mate! Is it Saturday or Sunday?? I'm confused...

Kickaha
20th August 2006, 15:22
Joni - Good to see you again mate! Is it Saturday or Sunday?? I'm confused...

Sunday 27th

Joni
20th August 2006, 15:49
Sunday 27thdoh! sorry OAB... :innocent: but you knew what I meant... I think :sunny:

scumdog
20th August 2006, 21:22
Home again, saw HEAPS of bikes on the road, just about all north-bound.

Met a dude on a Harley at Hurunui and another at Hanmer, had a yarn to both, was a bit pissed off to find they let the side down by talking to me in a friendly manner BEFORE finding out I too owned a Harley, next thing they'll be waving to people riding other brands:innocent:

CB thought we could have an irregular dine out at a half-way point between Riviera of the South and Ch-ch, seemed a good idea until I pointed out that 250+km ride for tea might be a LITTLE far for most, - but with the hospitality shown by the Canterbury section of KB it would be tempting.

Never mind, we'll have to do it again eh guys? guys? c'mon guys, whatdya think?

Next post on this thread will be about my sprots-bike riding experience - unless a mod says it's the wrong thread for that

gav
20th August 2006, 21:52
Hey, sorry I missed ya, were you on your bike? Headed up to Hanmer Springs today for a cruise. First time I've ridden the bike in about 3 months :innocent: , bit slow to start and had to reset the clock. Topped up with gas at Shell Belfast, checked the tire pressures, 22 in the front 28 in the rear, oooppps.
Good ride though, air temp gauge was showing 17 degrees in Belfast, it slowly dropped as we headed North, got as low as 12 when it started raining at Huruni, but just a passing shower. Up to 15 by Hanmer. Soak in the pools, bit of lunch and cruised back. Roads in pretty good condition, saw a few bikes out and about, abit breezy though at times. Good day out.

scumdog
21st August 2006, 09:02
Hey, sorry I missed ya, were you on your bike? Headed up to Hanmer Springs today for a cruise. First time I've ridden the bike in about 3 months :innocent: , bit slow to start and had to reset the clock. Topped up with gas at Shell Belfast, checked the tire pressures, 22 in the front 28 in the rear, oooppps.
Good ride though, air temp gauge was showing 17 degrees in Belfast, it slowly dropped as we headed North, got as low as 12 when it started raining at Huruni, but just a passing shower. Up to 15 by Hanmer. Soak in the pools, bit of lunch and cruised back. Roads in pretty good condition, saw a few bikes out and about, abit breezy though at times. Good day out.

Nah, wasn't on the bike - had to bring two passengers up to Ch-ch, I was in my old mans '86 Skyline GT DIESEL!!!!! - and it's auto too.:shutup:
Left Hanmer at about 9:45am

Squeak the Rat
21st August 2006, 09:10
Next post on this thread will be about my sprots-bike riding experience - unless a mod says it's the wrong thread for that

Nah, wasn't on the bike - had to bring two passengers up to Ch-ch, I was in my old mans '86 Skyline GT DIESEL!!!!! - and it's auto too.:shutup:
Left Hanmer at about 9:45am

Scumdog, a GT Skyline is not a sportsbike. Too many wheels. Have another crack...... :)

scumdog
21st August 2006, 09:32
Scumdog, a GT Skyline is not a sportsbike. Too many wheels. Have another crack...... :)

Look under the Sports/Road bike section on a thread titled "When Tassles meet Italy" for a write up on riding Dangerous's bike (kindly loaned to me by Rashika without said owners knowledge).:gob:

FlyingDutchMan
21st August 2006, 13:05
since I was away skiing for the week, I missed out on seeing Scumdog and hearing his usual jesting about the mighty CBR250. Must nearly be time for another rally so he can try a poke some more fun at the poor bike.

scumdog
21st August 2006, 13:45
since I was away skiing for the week, I missed out on seeing Scumdog and hearing his usual jesting about the mighty CBR250. Must nearly be time for another rally so he can try a poke some more fun at the poor bike.

The Magpie Madness at Winchester looms - and I need a bike to jest at!:nya:

Be there or...or....or I'll have to pick on somebody else!

Finn
21st August 2006, 15:42

Too right. Check out my profile pic and ask yourself, "Would I wanna mess with this guy?"

scumdog
21st August 2006, 15:45
Too right. Check out my profile pic and ask yourself, "Would I wanna mess with this guy?"

So you're a constipated midget then??

Terrified I am!!!! pffft!

Sniper
22nd August 2006, 16:12
Shit, only just read this, sorry I missed you mate

nadroj
22nd August 2006, 17:43
Anyone had any tickets in the mail for indescretions yet?

Finn
22nd August 2006, 18:02
So you're a constipated midget then??

Terrified I am!!!! pffft!

You should be. See that scar on my chest? An old mate once called me a heartless prick so I ripped my own heart out and fed it to him. Admittedly, it was a stupid thing to do, but none the less proved my toughness.

I've also had a tooth abscess for 3 years so a bite on the leg is deadly.