PDA

View Full Version : Think you can lanesplit?

MrMelon
17th August 2006, 21:04
Check these bike couriers out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2ygFn-yR8

McJim
17th August 2006, 21:19
Cool clip - takes me back 15 years when I did that kind of shit on the streets of Glasgow - the respect goes to the cameraman coz he was keeping up on 700c wheels and had drop handlebars and the guy he was filming predominanty, well he was on 26 inch low profile wheels with a stubby straight bar which would make his bike much more manoeverable.

Skunk
17th August 2006, 21:30
I wonder what the death rate is?

hXc
17th August 2006, 21:33
You mean, that's not normal? Oops:scooter:

McJim
17th August 2006, 21:37
Probably not as high as you'd think - I've bounced off cars, been hit by buses more times than I can count and never got an injury. Got knocked off my motorbike once and still can't straighten my left leg. The inertia from the weight of a motorbike engine can cause a lot of pain but a bicycle only weighs a few kilos. If you can see that you can't get out of a situation you bunny hop 400mm or so in the air to ensure you land on TOP of the other vehicle coz you do not wanna go under anything in a city situation.

Goblin
18th August 2006, 12:18
:gob: Now that's how to lane split!:shit:

I'm lovin that music...anyone know who it is?

Str8 Jacket
18th August 2006, 12:19
I'm lovin that music...anyone know who it is?

It's Vanessa Mae....

stunz
18th August 2006, 12:31
geez. I cant even do that walking! them were some really narrow gaps.

Goblin
18th August 2006, 12:31
It's Vanessa Mae....

Wasn't she the chicky who played the fiddle?

Sniper
18th August 2006, 12:33
Wasn't she the chicky who played the fiddle?

Violin.........

Goblin
18th August 2006, 12:35
Violin.........

Oh....Thanks.:done:

S&S
18th August 2006, 12:39
Would like to see them do that on a big Goldwing or similar sized bike :)

sAsLEX
18th August 2006, 13:31
Would like to see them do that on a big Goldwing or similar sized bike :)

seen someone splitting on a st1300 thing he knew how wide his panniers were thats for sure

kiwifruit
18th August 2006, 15:28
Think you can lanesplit?
yep, i sure can :)
cool vid too

Ghost Lemur
18th August 2006, 15:44
Very cool.

Seen the full version. IIRC it's actually from an event/race they have in New York.

Maha
18th August 2006, 16:03
They must be Mormons (sp) cos' they seem to have alot of faith in every road user around them.....:innocent:

deeknow
20th August 2006, 20:21
Man, I love city riding on a treddly as much as the next loonie, but those guys really are in temporary employment. Thats some mean handling, love the support role the guy in the front plays waving the chasers through when the way is clear. Wonder how many wing-mirrors they take out in a days work? The mellow tunes in the background made the clip quite surreal :Punk:

Roj
5th October 2006, 21:33
they don't seem to worry about anything go around one way or another

Colapop
5th October 2006, 21:59
I used to drive deliveries around Wellington and only ever had one accident. It was the cycle courier that slammed into the side of my van. I had stopped at the intersection... I couldn't see where the noise had come from. If the van hadn't shaken then I wouldn't hae got out to have a look. I did and there's this courier lying in between the gutter and the van looking all sorry arsed and broken up. The boss was none too pleased when I got back. He wouldn't belive that I didn't hit the courier.

wildpudding
6th October 2006, 10:25
Mad respect for those guys...

Nuff said

Fishy
6th October 2006, 10:33
Pretty easy to do on a pushie....

Swoop
6th October 2006, 10:40
They seem to have little respect for pedestrians. Cutting in front of them rather than going behind them... on the crossings.

Am I seeing a "food chain" here? pedestrians-cyclists-etc....

MattRSK
6th October 2006, 11:46
I will go ahead and say it for ya... REPOST... but this video has some relevance to the thread.

http://www.gotcanyons.net/City_Madness.htm

Cheers

Quasievil
6th October 2006, 14:04
they look like the kinda guys who you would straight arm as they cut ya off.:cool:

Quasievil
6th October 2006, 14:13
I will go ahead and say it for ya... REPOST... but this video has some relevance to the thread.

http://www.gotcanyons.net/City_Madness.htm

Cheers

Incrediable how much his brake fluid moves around, I was trying to figure out what bike that was?

RantyDave
6th October 2006, 14:39
I used to ride like that down Oxford Street (London, innit). No helmet. Never crashed, but more from luck than judgement. The traffic was always moving much slower and the big danger was from pedestrians who would just pop out from between two stationary buses.

No more. And not on something with an engine.

Dave