PDA

View Full Version : posting an avitar

FROSTY
13th June 2004, 12:19
How do ya convert a picture into your avitar? I know I asked this awile ago but I can't find the thread

Holy Roller
13th June 2004, 12:48
First you need to optimise your pix and or reduce it to: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 60.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Then you just follow the steps in the user control panel under edit Avitar.
I use Image Optimiser from xat.com a free download for the basic version.

6Chris6
13th June 2004, 12:51
First you need to optimise your pix and or reduce it to: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 60.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Then you just follow the steps in the user control panel under edit Avitar.
I use Image Optimiser from xat.com a free download for the basic version.

Hi HR
What about using multiple pictures like Motor racers fir instance, do you know how this is done?

Ghost Lemur
13th June 2004, 13:35
Hi HR
What about using multiple pictures like Motor racers fir instance, do you know how this is done?

Those are called animated GIFs. To create them use a program like PSP (Paint Shop Pro) to join the images together in a sequence.

There's a heap of tutorials on how to do animated gif's if you google for it.

wkid_one
13th June 2004, 16:07
Best Program to use is Adobe Image Ready or sim (PSP isn't as good).

Highlight the pics/files you wish to import to make the GIF file - and then go to >FILE>IMPORT>Import as Frames

This will import all the files/pics you selected as frames/slides. You can then adjust the timing etc to get it right - then once you are happy

>FILE>SAVE OPTIMISED AS>'name of file'.GIF

Make sure the file size is under 100kb and that size of the file is under your allowed kb size as well (I think 20-40kb).....

You may have to play with the colour, number of frames, size etc to get it to fit.

It is easy to capture video and do it this way as well.

If you need a hand give me a yell....wkid_one@xtra.co.nz

FROSTY
18th June 2004, 12:40
guys Im so out of my depth here its unbelievable--fix a bike I can do but pics--forget it
Could anyone take one of the pics in my race report and make it avitar sized for me?

vifferman
18th June 2004, 13:06
First you need to optimise your pix and or reduce it to: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 60.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
80 x 80 pixels.

SpankMe
18th June 2004, 13:32
Download ACDSee. (http://www.acdsystems.com/english/products/downloads/ACDSee-Download.asp?LAN=englishX60) An excelent image viewer with simple image resizing.

riffer
18th June 2004, 14:02
If you need a hand give me a yell....wkid_one@xtra.co.nz
Likewise yell if you need a hand. I'm a photographic retoucher/special effects guy by trade so if you need some photoshop advice ...simon@REMOVEhmif.co.nz

FROSTY
18th June 2004, 14:19
YELL --basicly Its all gobbledegoop to me
l;ike if i tell someone about dialing in cams --they get glazed eyes--im the same with puter talk

riffer
18th June 2004, 14:27
YELL --basicly Its all gobbledegoop to me
l;ike if i tell someone about dialing in cams --they get glazed eyes--im the same with puter talk
Ya know Frosty its not too different between the two once you get to know them.

Computers and bikes are the same in a lot of ways:

They sometimes won't start in the morning.

They sometimes crash for no real reason (actually operator error is probably the single most important common denominator)

They both cost heaps to buy and fix and are both worth f*&k all if you try and trade them in.

And your gf/wife hates you spending too much time on both of them... :bleh:

FROSTY
18th June 2004, 14:52
one major differencer--when ya crash a computer it only hurts ya pocket --or in my case my fist :2guns: :2guns: :bash:

Motoracer
18th June 2004, 14:57
one major differencer--when ya crash a computer it only hurts ya pocket --or in my case my fist :2guns: :2guns: :bash:

Maybe you should be wearing race gloves with hard knuckle protection then.

Also a helmet and race boots might come in handy just in case you decide to head butt or kick the computer.

wkid_one
18th June 2004, 18:36
They sometimes crash for no real reason (actually operator error is probably the single most important common denominator)

That reminds me of the 'ID Ten T' fault joke IT types use