PDA

View Full Version : Boots and Gloves

Nicksta
19th August 2006, 12:43
Ok people... I, along with a lot of females have small feet and hands..... and i am about to upgrade my boots and gloves.... so i'm looking for any reccommendations you might have for brand/quality and fit... i'm in the USA so sourcing a product that is not in NZ is not hard.... my boot size is roughly a 37 and gloves are XS.... sports type gear that can handle a track day is what i'm looking for.. so opinions on brands and quality will be appreciated.... thanks (and rep) for your help in advance...
Nicksta

James Deuce
19th August 2006, 12:51
Styl Martin do a couple of boots specifically for women with small feet.

You know what they say... small feet, tight fit.

Have you tried looking in the kids department? In all seriousness...

Nicksta
19th August 2006, 13:09
weasel... i'm trying to be serious for a second.... and no.. i ahvent found anything apart from motox boots in teh kids section.....

ajturbo
19th August 2006, 13:31
PM Quassi...or check out his web site, he will send his stuff over there!... ( i think) but his stuff is good.:first:

ajturbo
19th August 2006, 13:33
ummm , are you in town or still over seas?

Nicksta
19th August 2006, 13:51
i'm in the states.. but am coming home (to NZ) in a week and a half....

Scouse
19th August 2006, 16:35
Hey there Nick Spidi is pretty good gear and available everywhere it good quality Itie stuff

Nicksta
20th August 2006, 02:02
sidi/spidi seems to be the go... i'll check some out today...... fianlly got a day off to do some shopping :)

SuperDave
20th August 2006, 03:46
Why not check out Dainese stuff seeing that you should have the chance? It's hard to come by here in NZ but I've only heard very good stuff about it. Dunno if they make boots/gloves specifically for woman, they do have a line of leathers/jackets for woman though.

ajturbo
20th August 2006, 08:50
i'm in the states.. but am coming home (to NZ) in a week and a half....

don't you like waist deep snow?????:sunny:

when i was last there, at the END of winter, ( march) it snowed 9" in one night...... :gob:

Nicksta
20th August 2006, 09:06
Why not check out Dainese stuff seeing that you should have the chance? It's hard to come by here in NZ but I've only heard very good stuff about it. Dunno if they make boots/gloves specifically for woman, they do have a line of leathers/jackets for woman though.
um.... ahvent found a store yet that stocks Spidi... last one i went to stocked 3 different Sidi boots... and they can order ofr me what i want... as for Dianese.... i worry that they have even heard of the brand in this part of the states....

don't you like waist deep snow?????:sunny:
I love snow... when i'm skiing.. but not when i'm riding.. and i'm hanging out to do some of that.....
good thing is i picked up a tinted visor for my Shoei for $30.... yay for me!!

Goblin
20th August 2006, 09:54
I havnt been able to find boots & gloves to fit me yet either. Got some nice boots but they are a little too big so I will give them to my daughter. Nicksta if you find anything over there could you please get a website or an email address so a few of us smaller ladies can get some too. I've had enough of being stuffed around here.

Back Fire
20th August 2006, 11:52
um.... ahvent found a store yet that stocks Spidi... last one i went to stocked 3 different Sidi boots... and they can order ofr me what i want... as for Dianese.... i worry that they have even heard of the brand in this part of the states....

If a bike shop doesn't stock Spidi or hasn't even heard of Dainese then they can't exactly be a very productive shop... just say "I want what Rossi wears"... just make sure you are willing to pay your right arm for Dainese... and leg.... and left hand... and pritty much all your appedages

Rashika
20th August 2006, 12:09
or you could check out Ebay, some damn good stuff on there, and a whole lot of FEMALE sized clothing i.e. leathers.
Yes you heard...actual Female leathers, etc. I LUV Ebay!!

Will post piccies of my new purchase WHEN it gets here...all things being good.

Hint: it is a brand that starts with D ends with e and hopefully will be landed here for less than $900 nz....and ...what for it....it even matches my bike, how bloody kitch is that?!

Beemer
20th August 2006, 12:09
I've got Gaerne boots and they are a good fit - I don't have wide feet and they aren't too loose for me. My husband bought them for me so I don't know how much they were but I find them very comfortable.

As for gloves, I love Spidi! Have two pair of Spidi gloves and wear them more often than anything else I own.

Joni
20th August 2006, 12:23
Depends on what you are going to do...

Sidi have a good ladies boot option - nice for road riding and touring etc... but if you are on the way too the track, I dont think they would offer the protection you need, a) no armour b) ankle boot only... but they look good and are a fairly safe option for road riding.

Most good brands do small gloves - I have very small hands - I got a pair of armoured breathable dri-riders for summer riding, they fit quite well... maybe 1/2cm on the fingers too long... but that the best I have found yet... the rest are way too big for me.

SDU
20th August 2006, 12:40
2nd Gaerne boots- I love my adventure style ones but they do a range of styles with good support.
I have size 5 feet & ex sprinters fat calves it's not easy to find boots (even dress boots) to fit me.
http://www.gaerne.com

Hope you're having a ball in the states!

chic 'n' charge
20th August 2006, 22:28
I've got pair of Sidi boots that are really comfy - had them for while so need upgrade - but I used them when i raced on track and for road riding - they have all the bits in the right places, ankle and shin protectors etc. Toe scrapers thingees.....

Gloves - I'm same as Joni, got Dry Rider summer gloves but I've got separate pair of Dry Rider winter gloves too.

Have fun shopping.......I'm jealous.

Nicksta
21st August 2006, 05:29
cheers everyone for your imput.... anyone know what a pair of Sidi B2 boots go for in NZ??? i'd rather support NZ retaillers if they are roughly the same price...

Back Fire
21st August 2006, 11:27
cheers everyone for your imput.... anyone know what a pair of Sidi B2 boots go for in NZ??? i'd rather support NZ retaillers if they are roughly the same price...

I don't think that is a model that is imported into this country... but you can compare prices to other Sidi boots to get a idea on average price differences... a pair of Sidi Vertigo Corsa's will cost you just under $700 here, so find out what they are there and you can work out about what the % in price difference is...

Joni
21st August 2006, 11:41
The Vertigo Corsa model is a more race/armoured option.... thats why she needs to look at what she will be doing with her riding.

The ladies specific which I mentioned was $450-$500NZ.

Back Fire
21st August 2006, 17:29
I mentioned the Vertigo because its the one I remember the price off the top of my head on... only as a reference on the NZ/US price difference....

Nicksta
27th August 2006, 08:53
so i settled on Sidi B2 boots.... the sister version of the Vertigo.... can be taken to the track.. and still look pretty on the road.. .yay...
i'm coming home to check out gloves....

SuperDave
27th August 2006, 15:40
Those side B2 boots look exactly the same as my Sidi Vertebra boots. The only difference is my toe sliders look very slightly different.
Top boots, though I've never tried any others but these boots are very comfortable and despite having all the armour and ankle protection they are still comfortable to walk around in for a couple of hours.

Nicksta
28th August 2006, 01:13
they are pretty much the same... the B2 is apaprently the little sister version.... little bit more street than race.. but still considered a race boot.

NhuanH
28th August 2006, 06:48
as for Dianese.... i worry that they have even heard of the brand in this part of the states....
:gob:

If a bike shop doesn't stock Spidi or hasn't even heard of Dainese then they can't exactly be a very productive shop... just say "I want what Rossi wears"... just make sure you are willing to pay your right arm for Dainese... and leg.... and left hand... and pritty much all your appedages
[still can't believe DaineseMan has missed this thread until now]
DaineseMan sez: "nope, it costs about the same as AStars, Spidi, Spyke etc - you just gotta know where to buy ;)"
Translation: about 5 or 6 time zones east of the current Nicksta base at Camp Wanachagakeekee

they are pretty much the same... the B2 is apaprently the little sister version.... little bit more street than race.. but still considered a race boot.
Your riding gear is gonna be more $$ than your :scooter:
- how about some mismatched riding jandals for the FXR instead??

Nicksta
28th August 2006, 09:22
hey Nhuan....
jandals for the FXR ay?? well, i'm upgradng soon.... so the jandals wont cut it anymore... but just for you i bought a new set of jandals.. black of course...

NhuanH
28th August 2006, 09:26
hey Nhuan....
jandals for the FXR ay?? well, i'm upgradng soon.... so the jandals wont cut it anymore... but just for you i bought a new set of jandals.. black of course...
how about the "Jandal - Racing Edition" (TM), with Titanium Toe Sliders....

Nicksta
28th August 2006, 09:36
:gob: Your riding gear is gonna be more $$ than your :scooter:

almost... if it wasnt for getting them on sale and cheap over here... it would be :(
time for a new bike me thinks..... just got to get that licence now....

Rashika
28th August 2006, 12:48
almost... if it wasnt for getting them on sale and cheap over here... it would be :(
time for a new bike me thinks..... just got to get that licence now....

you'll get there...how long till you are back in ole NZ now? and big question did the kids behave themselves for you this year?

Nicksta
29th August 2006, 00:29
you'll get there...how long till you are back in ole NZ now? and big question did the kids behave themselves for you this year?

i fly out wednesday.... land friday morning...... last 3 months have flown by.... yeah, the kids were a great bunch this year apart from the seniors.... the worst bunch i've seen in 8 years.... a great time on the whole.... and very sad to leave.... but its getting cold now.. time to come back to another summer... :)

Rashika
29th August 2006, 07:04
wow that really has flown fast! Damn I wish I could do what you do, summer to summer, be bloody nice. Just have to have a bike in each country to make it really fun :yes:
Do you reckon the seniors are getting as bad as our teens here? there seems to be a big increase in the 'I dont give a shit attitude' in Nz, i wonder if it is the same in the US?

Nicksta
30th August 2006, 08:45
um, i think the teens here (USA) are in a league of their own...... although i do admit i live a sheltered life in NZ.... they are just so grown up.. i sometimes ask them why they give up their childhoods to be mini adults....
i have already arranged with a bike shop to buy a bike with a guaranteed buy back at the end of the summer next year.... :D
(if i come back of course)..... flying out tomorrow. .so see you all soon!!!

Rashika
30th August 2006, 10:03
And just to keep it on track, i bought these and received them yesterday, and they are a perfect fit!! Amazing cos I have not ever been able to buy bike boots to fit me and have had to always buy ones that are too big in the foot in order to fit around the calf. But these are perfect, so far anyway ;)
Good armour and they are waterproof, added bonus!
Dont think they can be bought in NZ yet tho, so chat up your mates who are travelling to the UK, or check out Ebay.

http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php?pge_id=11&product_id=29

Beemer
30th August 2006, 14:14
By the way, I've got a pair of Styl Martin winter boots for sale (see online trading section) with built-up soles if there are any shorties out there!

Nicksta
1st September 2006, 16:23
And just to keep it on track, i bought these and received them yesterday, and they are a perfect fit!! Amazing cos I have not ever been able to buy bike boots to fit me and have had to always buy ones that are too big in the foot in order to fit around the calf. But these are perfect, so far anyway ;)
Good armour and they are waterproof, added bonus!
Dont think they can be bought in NZ yet tho, so chat up your mates who are travelling to the UK, or check out Ebay.
http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php?pge_id=11&product_id=29
true,... nice looking boots.... i'm in love with my new Sidi's tho...

By the way, I've got a pair of Styl Martin winter boots for sale (see online trading section) with built-up soles if there are any shorties out there!

true..... we should have a KB Angels shopping section to help everyone out.....

Nicksta
13th September 2006, 22:07
ok Ladies... i'm researching gloves.. and may be able to get some pretty decent Teknic gloves in XS, not just the budget ones.. but kevlar and good protection... may be able to get a discount if ordering more than one pair so hands up if your keen.....
example of gloves
Here (http://www.imotorcyclestore.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart/productt.html?L+ims+nofc1698+_DCatNum_02S06TEKLIG_ 01PageType_02X3Y4_01)

NhuanH
13th September 2006, 22:27
this is a bitty you Nicksta

- anyhoo, most chicks should be in riding gear like the professional race ladies beside me in my avatar.

Nicksta
13th September 2006, 22:46
but seriously tho......

Goblin
15th September 2006, 14:11
As luck would have it, I have just recieved a pair of xs RJays Viper gloves from my good friend in Australia. :D so I dont need gloves anymore.

I am still looking for small boots suitable for racing though.:yes:

Nicksta
15th September 2006, 20:32
new thread started on glove topic in angels......
Here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35663)