PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: The Great Coro Burger fest Saturday 16/09/06

Pages : [1] 2

Scouse
19th August 2006, 14:52
Just following on from swanny Errr Anaru Hmmmm Swantiger's lead I thought Pies or Burgers, Burgers or Pies Nah fuck the Pies ME WANT BURGER so with this in mined am planning a Coro Loop with stopages at any worthy looking Burger joint on the way around to find out just who the fuck does make the bestest bugers out East this will be the long anticlockwise run through Paeroa Wahi and Whangamata the plan is to meet up at Autobhann at 09:00 for a 09:30 departure heading out through Ararimu to Maramarua to Miranda then across west Canal road and on to Paeroa Where will meet up with any Hamsters or Te Aroha Tards at about 10:30
Register Here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=926&day=2006-9-16

Scouse
19th August 2006, 17:33
Will probably end up confiming what I already know that is the Coroglen Pub Burgers are the best

Kornholio
20th August 2006, 12:07
Oooh la la the full Coro circuit coolio... actually I think the Waikino pub makes burgers now and if they are anything like their pizzas we have a real competition on our hands... Whats up with these Saturday rides all of a sudden, Sunday is the best day for riding :D

Mental Trousers
20th August 2006, 15:39
Everyone is being considerate and leaving Sunday for you to go to church mate.

Scouse
20th August 2006, 18:07
Oooh la la the full Coro circuit coolio... actually I think the Waikino pub makes burgers now and if they are anything like their pizzas we have a real competition on our hands... Whats up with these Saturday rides all of a sudden, Sunday is the best day for riding :DWhere is the Waikino pub then Rick

Kornholio
20th August 2006, 18:10
Where is the Waikino pub then Rick

In the middle of the Karangahake Gorge between Paeroa and Waihi...

Scouse
20th August 2006, 18:14
In the middle of the Karangahake Gorge between Paeroa and Waihi...Fark me that will mean we have to have Burgers for Breakfast

terbang
20th August 2006, 18:56
Well its my turn to miss out. Just checked my roster and I'm working..Bugger. Guess you wont be needing that extra size tube of roid cream after all Steve.. Mind you the way Fish looked the other day I suspect he might have had a bit of a pucker factor going that may need a bit of medical attention. :rofl: Better bring it along just in case he turns up..

Scouse
21st August 2006, 17:55
Well its my turn to miss out. Just checked my roster and I'm working..Bugger. Guess you wont be needing that extra size tube of roid cream after all Steve.. Mind you the way Fish looked the other day I suspect he might have had a bit of a pucker factor going that may need a bit of medical attention. :rofl: Better bring it along just in case he turns up..I heard the Fish did a bit of Fishtailing

Kornholio
21st August 2006, 19:03
I heard the Fish did a bit of Fishtailing

Apparently it was more like when you pull a fish on a boat and its flapping around...something like that :D

Scouse
25th August 2006, 17:04
only three weeks away now

Kendog
25th August 2006, 19:27
Last time I had a burger in Coro, they put peas in it! EWWWW. But that was a few years ago now.

Kornholio
25th August 2006, 23:25
only three weeks away now

Shit, I cant make it Saturday...Ive got a Bridge tournament on...stakes are high!! :bye:

Fuckmeat
25th August 2006, 23:30
Yeah Ill try and get my scratched up sorry ass there...ps Korn rocks :D

Kornholio
25th August 2006, 23:46
Yeah Ill try and get my scratched up sorry ass there...ps Korn rocks :D

You know it bitch :p

Scouse
26th August 2006, 08:55
Shit, I cant make it Saturday...Ive got a Bridge tournament on...stakes are high!! :bye:Err remind me but isn't it only old woman wot play Bridge

inlinefour
26th August 2006, 09:07
Your all going to turn into a bunch of fat cunts! Pies, burgers, whats next? :Pokey:

NhuanH
26th August 2006, 10:01
Dang shame, I'd love to go on this ride, but I'll be here instead...

:bye:

Kornholio
26th August 2006, 10:34
Dang shame, I'd love to go on this ride, but I'll be here instead...

:bye:

You dirty bitch, I am so jealous ... Give Rossi my regards :D

Kornholio
26th August 2006, 10:38
Your all going to turn into a bunch of fat cunts! Pies, burgers, whats next? :Pokey:

Yeah but all the twisties and stuff around those roads counter-acts all those calories :sunny:

DMNTD
27th August 2006, 15:12
Just got back from an impromptu Coro Loop ride...never have done it before,ever! Put it this way,the last time I was down there it was gravel road over the top to Coromandel :gob:
Hell what a frecking FAST road!
Looking forward to having a proper attack of it with someone that knows it and enjoying twistin out hard :yes:
Will do what I can to make it down for this ride y'all

Maha
27th August 2006, 15:16
Just got back from an impromptu Coro Loop ride...never have done it before,ever!

Havent seen ya mug on here much this week... did you do the loop in stages?.....:rolleyes: :whistle:

DMNTD
27th August 2006, 15:19
Havent seen ya mug on here much this week... did you do the loop in stages?.....:rolleyes: :whistle:
Oh hardy ha ha you speed demon you :zzzz:
LOL...nah Duc-Gurl was down test riding a new Buell yesterday and we thought we may as well carry on for a cruise. First intentions was Taupo but weather went ugly...oh well the Loop was good for shits 'n giggles

Scouse
28th August 2006, 16:56
Just got back from an impromptu Coro Loop ride...never have done it before,ever! Put it this way,the last time I was down there it was gravel road over the top to Coromandel :gob:
Hell what a frecking FAST road!
Looking forward to having a proper attack of it with someone that knows it and enjoying twistin out hard :yes:
Will do what I can to make it down for this ride y'allYou better fuckin make this one Chris as you have got three weeks notice Ill pm you with me phone number come down the friday night before and we will see what we can do about gettin youse a billit and this one is the long Coro loop through Paeroa and Whangamata.
Rick otherwise Known as Kornholio will be coming along he will be able to show you the fastest way around Chris

Scouse
1st September 2006, 20:10
Two weeks away now boys and girls

sAsLEX
1st September 2006, 20:29
Two weeks away now boys and girls

oh yes thatmeans its a pay week and project is finished!

If not too hung over will make this one! Will have to give the girl fresh oil first and a bit of a tidy up!

Richard Mc F
1st September 2006, 22:47
is this of the kind of pace that an old b&stard on an old bike may keep

Have been through the clevedon, miranda, whanga, waihi and back enjoyed it

I is just fresh back into ..............don't scare me

also slow old bike........bevel duckaaaaaaaaati

Ozzie
2nd September 2006, 10:36
I heard the Fish did a bit of Fishtailing
He definately messed up a few scales!

Ozzie
2nd September 2006, 10:41
oh yes thatmeans its a pay week and project is finished!

If not too hung over will make this one! Will have to give the girl fresh oil first and a bit of a tidy up!

Speaking of oil, Korn if you are going, perhaps you should take a litre or two!

Scouse
2nd September 2006, 12:11
is this of the kind of pace that an old b&stard on an old bike may keep

Have been through the clevedon, miranda, whanga, waihi and back enjoyed it

I is just fresh back into ..............don't scare me

also slow old bike........bevel duckaaaaaaaaatiHi Richard all paces will be caterd for and we stop quite often and look at the scenery and to eat Burgers so come along you will enjoy it

Patch
2nd September 2006, 12:51
Whats up with these Saturday rides all of a sudden, Sunday is the best day for riding :D

My sentiments eggs zact a re. Gonna miss this one :crybaby: cause my not so little baby is turning the big 5 (same day) and there would be hell to pay if daddy disappeared for a ride.

Who was the . . . . on saturday's

. . .. . . . . . :bash:

bastards

Scouse
2nd September 2006, 14:05
My sentiments eggs zact a re. Gonna miss this one :crybaby: cause my not so little baby is turning the big 5 (same day) and there would be hell to pay if daddy disappeared for a ride.

Who was the . . . . on saturday's

. . .. . . . . . :bash:

bastardsTell ya wot we will make Sunday the reserve day so if the weather is shit on Saturday we will go on sunday happy now.?

Kornholio
2nd September 2006, 19:20
Tell ya wot we will make Sunday the reserve day so if the weather is shit on Saturday we will go on sunday happy now.?

Would be happier if you shouted some piss you cheap bastard :p

Scouse
2nd September 2006, 20:32
Would be happier if you shouted some piss you cheap bastard :p

SOME PISS
There Happy now....?

Kornholio
2nd September 2006, 20:45
SOME PISS
There Happy now....?

You weren't funny then and you aren't now either you cheap bastard :p :sunny:

Richard Mc F
3rd September 2006, 01:25
Hi Richard all paces will be caterd for and we stop quite often and look at the scenery and to eat Burgers so come along you will enjoy it

Cool, I have been getting out to re-aquaint my self with riding and shit after quite a long lay off, I am happy with my pace but don't know whether I am a "nana" or capable of riding at a speed where I can be comfortable going places with groups of other riders.

On a 24 yr old bike

Maybe just a paranoid demented old basket.................potential "nana"

Where do people meet for this.........what time.....

Scouse
3rd September 2006, 01:42
Autobhann on the southern motorway between papakura and dury at 09:00 its all at the top in the first post

SwanTiger
4th September 2006, 00:18
I'll hopefully have a suitable set of two wheels for this ride however I'll wait to see how things un-fold. I'm definitely looking forward to any excuse that see's me downing another of those fan-fucking-tastic burgers at the Coroglen Pub.

Mr ZRXER, are you actually going to show up for this one, hmmm?

unhingedlizard
4th September 2006, 18:13
Think i'll come too. Havent done this route before so will be one of the slow bastards. Will meet y'all in Paeroa

Scouse
4th September 2006, 18:33
Think i'll come too. Havent done this route before so will be one of the slow bastards. Will meet y'all in PaeroaCool see ya at Paeroa Mr Lizard

Kornholio
4th September 2006, 21:11
Think i'll come too. Havent done this route before so will be one of the slow bastards. Will meet y'all in Paeroa

OOh look, another bumblebee...we'll be at Paeroa too :D

Patch
8th September 2006, 19:22
Tell ya wot we will make Sunday the reserve day so if the weather is shit on Saturday we will go on sunday happy now.?

Ummmm . . NO!

Knowing my luck it'll be fine :Pokey:

still a bastard

:stoogie:

M1CRO
8th September 2006, 22:19
What kind of ride did you anticpate this to be? Fast/Med/Slow?
I was going to coerce some newbies out and spend some one-on-one time with them.. Would that be ok?

scracha
9th September 2006, 07:16
I was going to coerce some newbies out and spend some one-on-one time with them.. Would that be ok?

Pretty bloody fast I reckon. Anyone got a radar detector on their bike? As long as there's plenty of pub/burger stops then there'll only be 5 minutes difference between the slow/fast.

unhingedlizard
9th September 2006, 08:50

Sounds like there will be some slower riders there though.

DMNTD
9th September 2006, 10:03
Anyone got a radar detector on their bike?

Yes...:yes: Weather pending I'll be there.

texmo
9th September 2006, 10:11

Same here yo...

beyond
9th September 2006, 10:14
Hopefully I can make it weather dependant. I don't mind the rain on the loop, done it a couple of times in the rain but it's cleaning up afterwards that gets up me snotter.

Anyways: WARNING: because of complaints from the locals and drivers on the loop, the area is apprently being heavily monitored with the brief to get speeding and dangerous bikers.

So, I don't think it will be as fast as most will like. I suspect there will be lasers and/or hawks on the shorter straights and the bits you can really open up on.

:( :(

They're coming to get us, you don't know where, you don't know when.
Full flak jackets, anti Tazer devices, laser jammers, blinders and radar detectors advised at all times.

Scouse
9th September 2006, 17:54
I was going to coerce some newbies out and spend some one-on-one time with them.. Would that be ok?Medium paced to many rozzers about these days

Scouse
9th September 2006, 17:57
Yes...:yes: Weather pending I'll be there.good to see your coming along Chris. ask Rick nicely and he will show you the best way round

Scouse
9th September 2006, 17:59
Same here yo...Do you think you might be able to keep your bike together for this one

texmo
10th September 2006, 01:19
Do you think you might be able to keep your bike together for this one

I have had three crashes on motorbikes, two were on the track. How many you had bro?:whocares:

Scouse
10th September 2006, 07:17
I have had three crashes on motorbikes, two were on the track. How many you had bro?:whocares:i wasnt talking about crashes I ment your engine didnt it lunch itself when you were going on that Awakino run....?

texmo
10th September 2006, 10:26
i wasnt talking about crashes I ment your engine didnt it lunch itself when you were going on that Awakino run....?

Wheres Awakino? mentioning some place in New Zealand is like mentioning some african villiage I have no fucking clue where it is.

Nicksta
10th September 2006, 10:39
i would come, but the Fixxer isant up to a coro loop..... :(
i want a new bike!!!

sAsLEX
10th September 2006, 10:42
Wheres Awakino? mentioning some place in New Zealand is like mentioning some african villiage I have no fucking clue where it is.

cool good to see you got some good general knowledge of the country your living in.............

Scouse
10th September 2006, 10:44
i want a new bike!!!this will not be a flat out high speed run and there is probably going to be quite a few 250's coming along so bring yer FXR along failing that I can offer you the pillion seat

Scouse
10th September 2006, 10:46
Wheres Awakino? Its that place that you didnt manage to arive at

texmo
10th September 2006, 11:04
Its that place that you didnt manage to arive at

LOL ok got you now..

jtzzr
10th September 2006, 19:10
Can`t Wait,Can`t Wait , 6 more sleeps, then :scooter: Might even get to catch up with Blackbird.Iv`e started twitching Is that BAD?:yes: :yes: :yes: Would be nice to catch up with DMNTD as well, and all the other KBers too.

boomer
10th September 2006, 19:23
i'll come along and be 'bait' :sunny:

Zed
10th September 2006, 19:54
I'm into this if it's fine...bummer all this talk of cops, i'm sure it won't slow down that mad blighter Kornholio on his wild 7fiddy though! :innocent:

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 19:57
i'll come along and be 'bait' :sunny:

:scratch: Wouldn't that mean you would need to be in front?:rofl:
Mate...BLING! :rofl:

Looking forward to catching up with you nutters down there....weather pending.

boomer
10th September 2006, 20:45
fuckers!

it said medium pace and im even a fast medium :love:

hahhahaha

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 21:29
...it said medium pace and im even a fast medium
....and high? :doobey:
Never saw ya riding up this way so really shouldn't comment....apart from to say ya must've been soooooooooooooooooooo far behind :scooter:

boomer
10th September 2006, 21:40
i'm gonna give you and glen the learn now :innocent:

Kornholio
10th September 2006, 21:45
....and high? :doobey:
Never saw ya riding up this way so really shouldn't comment....apart from to say ya must've been soooooooooooooooooooo far behind :scooter:

He tries his hardest God bless him :scooter:

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 21:45
i'm gonna give you and glen the learn now :innocent:
Learn? Mate we already KNOW.....

texmo
10th September 2006, 22:00
Know what? that your slower than some 19 year old punk first time out on a 600 with fucked tyres?

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 22:04
Know what? that your slower than some 19 year old punk first time out on a 600 with fucked tyres?
Yes Texmo....I am slower than you....:yes:

Zed
10th September 2006, 22:07
Yes Texmo....I am slower than you....:yes:When did Texmo give you the learn??

texmo
10th September 2006, 22:07
Yes Texmo....I am slower than you....:yes:

Guess we wont really find out till taupo track day will we?

sAsLEX
10th September 2006, 22:17
I'm into this if it's fine...bummer all this talk of cops, i'm sure it won't slow down that mad blighter Kornholio on his wild 7fiddy though! :innocent:

Why not manage the situation and in built up areas ensure that the limits are adhered to, I mean the time blackyoshi had a lady ranting at him and everyone took off wheelying etc was hilarious but prob didnt help, I mean the fun bit are where the cops wont be so not much point ruining a good stomping ground by providing the cops easy quota filling material by blasting through 70 zones etc

Who knows might end up being the boy who cried wolf if all the cops see is behaving bikers each time they come out for locals complaints

procrastination from report writing is so easy!

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 22:18
When did Texmo give you the learn??
Don't know mate...short term memory can suck sometimes:innocent:

Guess we wont really find out till taupo track day will we?
For sure man...Never been on a race track and look forward to learning a bit from anyone that can ride better than me...IE a lot of people!!

SuperDave
10th September 2006, 22:28
i want a new bike!!!

You're kidding! I wish I had taken my old FXR out along Coro, it would love those tight twisty stuff! If you're running some decent rubber on your FXR you should be able to hold a decent pace through the tight twisties!

I might come along to this one, see how my week works out.

Zed
10th September 2006, 22:38
Why not manage the situation and in built up areas ensure that the limits are adhered to, I mean the time blackyoshi had a lady ranting at him and everyone took off wheelying etc was hilarious but prob didnt help, I mean the fun bit are where the cops wont be so not much point ruining a good stomping ground by providing the cops easy quota filling material by blasting through 70 zones etc...Hmmm can't say i've seen any careless speeding thru residential areas on any of the half dozen Coro loop rides i've been on over the last year, everyone always slows right down when the speed signs appear entering the towns, respect is shown. And if that ride of yoshi's is the one i'm thinking of then that was a bit of a disaster in more ways than one!

texmo
10th September 2006, 22:42
For sure man...Never been on a race track and look forward to learning a bit from anyone that can ride better than me...IE a lot of people!!

Track is good seperates the squids from the real riders, any one can seem fast on the road. The only diffrence I find between the track and road is you do the same corners over and over, so if you have half a brain you can rember how you took it last time what works and what dont.
In saying that I have only been on the track 3 times.

Nicksta
10th September 2006, 22:47
this will not be a flat out high speed run and there is probably going to be quite a few 250's coming along so bring yer FXR along failing that I can offer you the pillion seat
oh, it would keep up with the 250's and be fun in the twisties for sure!!

You're kidding! I wish I had taken my old FXR out along Coro, it would love those tight twisty stuff! If you're running some decent rubber on your FXR you should be able to hold a decent pace through the tight twisties!
yeah, would be a lot of fun, but i dont have decent rubber... back is almost on indicators.... and the fxr is almost ready to be sold so i can get a bigger bike... so trying not to put many kms on her.....
i'd come for sure if i had another bike.... maybe like a ZXR250.....

SuperDave
10th September 2006, 22:47
The beauty of Coro is that the cops can't snap you on the good bits.
Just take it easy through the towns and the lower speed zones and the straights and save it for the twisties. Many of the tighter areas you'd be quite hard pressed to achieve license losing speeds or much over 20kph ontop of the open road limit.

Zed
10th September 2006, 22:52
The beauty of Coro is that the cops can't snap you on the good bits.
Just take it easy through the towns and the lower speed zones and the straights and save it for the twisties. Many of the tighter areas you'd be quite hard pressed to achieve license losing speeds or much over 20kph ontop of the open road limit.Hehe, easier said than done Dave, easier said than done...it ain't called the CoroGP for nuthin! You can have heaps of fun without going too ballistic though!! :innocent:

texmo
10th September 2006, 23:01
Hehe, easier said than done Dave, easier said than done...it ain't called the CoroGP for nuthin! You can have heaps of fun without going too ballistic though!! :innocent:
I dont think I have ever seen you on a straigh more than 100meters long with both wheels on teh ground...

Zed
10th September 2006, 23:05
I dont think I have ever seen you on a straigh more than 100meters long with both wheels on teh ground...Now that's gotta be a p/t Texmo. I didn't pull one single wheelie on my ride home from Taupo yesterday, so there! :nya:

boomer
10th September 2006, 23:07
He tries his hardest God bless him :scooter:

I try and i try! Hey.. if Speedies keeping up with you then i must have been improving cos i can keep up with Speedie ( Even passed him on the outside at Taupo :P ) hahahaha

:dodge:

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 23:08
Now that's gotta be a p/t Texmo. I didn't pull one single wheelie on my ride home from Taupo yesterday, so there!

Surely that's a P/T!!!!! :gob:

jtzzr
10th September 2006, 23:12
,need a co-pilot, to Taupo after Coromanel loop, heading to meeting.then home Sunday.

Thatll be the crzy-lady of the coromanel ,Jonny Rotten again!

sAsLEX
10th September 2006, 23:14
Surely that's a P/T!!!!! :gob:

Nah hes getting old and tired from the sounds of it.............:gob:

texmo
10th September 2006, 23:16
Wait is p/t point taken or piss take im getting confused here.

Zed
10th September 2006, 23:36
Wait is p/t point taken...What the?? I don't get your point? :blink:

p/t only means one thing around here Tex.

Example: Speedie loves MarkAuckland!

See!

DMNTD
10th September 2006, 23:43
Example: Speedie loves MarkAuckland!

Point taken....:dodge:

beyond
11th September 2006, 08:46
Hehe, easier said than done Dave, easier said than done...it ain't called the CoroGP for nuthin! You can have heaps of fun without going too ballistic though!! :innocent:

Yep, easier said than done. There's even a few little wee shorty straights in some of those real twisty bits where, errrmmm, ahhh, nuff said. :)

BUT, I have always stuck to the limit through the 50 and 70k areas the last half a dozen times through. Korn can vouch for that as he has too. :)

Ok, I've registered, weather permitting. Smoking Joe may be along as well as a couple of my mates. Hope Coroglen has had a pre alert on 20 odd hungry bikers descending on their premises, to clean them out of buns, eggs, steak, bacon, lettuce, carrot, cheese, beetroot, pineapple.... drool, dribble, dribble... :)

Ozzie
11th September 2006, 11:34
But it's all ok now.

Picked up a screw in the rear tyre Thursday night, thought that was the end of my plans for my first coro loop ($320 for a new tyre), but no it wasn't.

Cycle Treads in Takapuna, open Sunday's, good move.

Got my wheel off on Saturday, wipped over the shore yesterday, patched up for $25 bucks, wheel's back on, a few test k's this week, all set for Saturday.

In regards the loop, how many k's approx?

Getting kinda close to the time of month where I have to give my X her share of my pay, so budgetting gets a bit of an art lesson.

Oh, and taking the point of the 20 or so bikers, can the first one there get a burger put aside for me? With all this talk of GP's and Track days, I'm certain to be last, and don't want to miss out on a feed.

beyond
11th September 2006, 12:41
The normal loop through Kopu-Hikuia, up to Coro and back to my place, Drury, through Ararimu, is around 450-460kms. The Saturday Burger run is going through Paeroa-Waihi-Whangamata and then the normal run. That will add about another 80ish K's.

Darn good run though. I think speeds are going to be well down on normal with the attention most good roads are getting lately. :(

Ozzie
11th September 2006, 12:48
Cheers for that, two > three tanks, a beer and a burger, can handle that!

Scouse
11th September 2006, 18:06
i'll come along and be 'bait' :sunny:So are you comin along Bloomer.....?

boomer
11th September 2006, 19:00
So are you comin along Bloomer.....?yup, if thats ok :innocent:

i'll flick the invite onto a couple of ma buddies too if you don't mind :second:

FishSlayer and I can show off our new moves on the, then, freshly tuned Shaun Harris suspension:rockon: ( i hope this doesn't jinx my ride now )

kiwifruit
11th September 2006, 19:07
Might tag along
:scooter:

Scouse
11th September 2006, 19:11
yup, if thats ok :innocent:

i'll flick the invite onto a couple of ma buddies too if you don't mind :second:

FishSlayer and I can show off our new moves on the, then, freshly tuned Shaun Harris suspension:rockon: ( i hope this doesn't jinx my ride now )Fuckin corse its OK

Kornholio
11th September 2006, 20:59
I'm never gonna live that down am I? See you on Saturday Boomer:yes:

Bahahha you slow lil bitch :p

SuperDave
11th September 2006, 21:23
Ahhh don't think I'll be able to make this one :no:
Have to go in on Sat to enrol for my uni course.
Oh well, next time!

boomer
11th September 2006, 21:38
Bahahha you slow lil bitch :p

i rekon i can do you on a track too big boy :shutup:

boomer
11th September 2006, 21:40
I'm never gonna live that down am I? See you on Saturday Boomer:yes:

actually, it was Rossi Gal i took on the outside, i pulled a very dodgy 'up the inside' move on teh hairpin on you, if i remember correctly.. which meant you had no choice BUT to let me through :scooter:

Kornholio
11th September 2006, 22:18
Farkin A now you are remembering rightly. I remember thinking, ok Speedie, its not a race (yes it is) no its not (yes it is) .. ok if I turn in I will hit boomer and it could all go tits up, so :mega: I STOOD THE BIKE UP AND WENT WAY FUCKING WIDE ALSO ALLOWING ROSSI GAL THROUGH TO WHICH SHE SKITES ABOUT TO THIS DAY!

Yeah we'll believe that dude :D

BigB
12th September 2006, 13:07
Haven't done the loop in a while so will be in for a ride

cheers

sAsLEX
12th September 2006, 13:16
well cleaned the chain and readjusted that last night, no wonder it has been feeling funny for a bit it was well past the time when one should clean and adjust there chain! Even took off the sproket cover and gave it a good huck out!

Oil and brakes tonight and tomorrow, and if I am truely bored on thurs might even give it a clean, cant wait for sat!

Did you see Rossi letting Caparossi through when he came flying up in the last bend speedie?! I think your jsut making excuses .......p/t

Blackbird
12th September 2006, 13:39
Might come and say hi to you guys in Coro town. I'm planning to ride up to the bach on Friday night and come back on Sunday afternoon.

Geoff

Rossi Gal
12th September 2006, 15:55
actually, it was Rossi Gal i took on the outside..
What ever..you know you're lieing!! think we need round 2!! lol

I STOOD THE BIKE UP AND WENT WAY FUCKING WIDE ALSO ALLOWING ROSSI GAL THROUGH TO WHICH SHE SKITES ABOUT TO THIS DAY!

hey hey i dont skite about anythin with you...its others not me. honest :innocent:

texmo
12th September 2006, 16:42
Farkin A now you are remembering rightly. I remember thinking, ok Speedie, its not a race (yes it is) no its not (yes it is) .. ok if I turn in I will hit boomer and it could all go tits up, so :mega: I STOOD THE BIKE UP AND WENT WAY FUCKING WIDE ALSO ALLOWING ROSSI GAL THROUGH TO WHICH SHE SKITES ABOUT TO THIS DAY!

haha you got beaten by a girl!!

Turtle
12th September 2006, 23:25
But it's all ok now.

Picked up a screw in the rear tyre Thursday night, thought that was the end of my plans for my first coro loop ($320 for a new tyre), but no it wasn't.

Cycle Treads in Takapuna, open Sunday's, good move.

Got my wheel off on Saturday, wipped over the shore yesterday, patched up for $25 bucks, wheel's back on, a few test k's this week, all set for Saturday.

In regards the loop, how many k's approx?

Getting kinda close to the time of month where I have to give my X her share of my pay, so budgetting gets a bit of an art lesson.

Oh, and taking the point of the 20 or so bikers, can the first one there get a burger put aside for me? With all this talk of GP's and Track days, I'm certain to be last, and don't want to miss out on a feed.

Dont worry ozzie Ill be right behind you ..maybe we could pull over an ring ahead...would hate for swanny to eat all the burgers before we get there huh.

boomer
12th September 2006, 23:29
What ever..you know you're lieing!! think we need round 2!! lol

ooo ya daddy!!! :love:

Ozzie
13th September 2006, 09:47
Yes, I know, too many questions, and it sounds like I'm trying to rush, but.....Do we have an ETA for Auckland on the return trip?

Been offered some tickets to go to the rugby, of course I have my priorities right, but want to let the guy know whether I'll go or not.

_Gina_
13th September 2006, 11:08
Have said I will come along (weather dependant, cause I'm a fair weather kinda gal ;) ) but will clarify by saying it will be either me or stify as we are a one road legal bike family at the moment....

So I have my fingers crossed for the coin toss.

Gg

BigB
13th September 2006, 13:04
Might come and say hi to you guys in Coro town. I'm planning to ride up to the bach on Friday night and come back on Sunday afternoon.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

It would be good to meet after all the advice you have given me regarding the Blackbird.

Brian

texmo
13th September 2006, 13:22
OK im no longer going on this ride :'(

Scouse
13th September 2006, 16:37
Yes, I know, too many questions, and it sounds like I'm trying to rush, but.....Do we have an ETA for Auckland on the return trip?

Been offered some tickets to go to the rugby, of course I have my priorities right, but want to let the guy know whether I'll go or not.About 4:30pm

scracha
13th September 2006, 19:28
Any idea what time you'll be in Whangamata. Thinking of going up there on Friday afternoon and crashing.

Rossi Gal
13th September 2006, 20:11
ooo ya daddy!!! :love:
you are . . ?? :innocent:

jtzzr
13th September 2006, 20:27
Hi Geoff

It would be good to meet after all the advice you have given me regarding the Blackbird.

Brian

With you on that one.looking forward to meeting thye man(legend ) myself, Hi Geoff

Scouse
14th September 2006, 18:04
Any idea what time you'll be in Whangamata. Thinking of going up there on Friday afternoon and crashing.Prolly somwhere between 11:15 and 11:45

maneac
14th September 2006, 18:28
be keen for a ride never done the loop:scooter: :scooter: cant wait:headbang:

beyond
15th September 2006, 11:50
Ok, just heard through the grapevine that the local constabulary are definitely targeting the Coro loop. Because our ride is in the forum with ETA's and ETD's they know where we will be and what times.

I have also heard that two bikers ended up walking home from the Coro Loop in the last couple of days. :(

So, the Coro GP as we know it, is over :(

I would suggest that if we all value our licences we are going to have to make sure they waste their day. Out with the training wheels, disconnest two spark plugs, shove a spud up the other exhaust if you have two and ride like a nana.

This will serve two good ends.
1. Saving copious amounts of gas in order to buy more burgers.
2. reducing the death toll to the local wildlife: birds, bumble bees, blow flies, midges and slow natives.

Sound boring? :( :( :(

Zed
15th September 2006, 12:36
Ok, just heard through the grapevine that the local constabulary are definitely targeting the Coro loop. Because our ride is in the forum with ETA's and ETD's they know where we will be and what times.

I have also heard that two bikers ended up walking home from the Coro Loop in the last couple of days. :(

I would suggest that if we all value our licences we are going to have to make sure they waste their day. Out with the training wheels, disconnest two spark plugs, shove a spud up the other exhaust if you have two and ride like a nana.

2. reducing the death toll to the local wildlife: birds, bumble bees, blow flies, midges and slow natives.

Sound boring? :( :( :(Thanks for the heads up Paul. I for one am more than happy to ride *sedately*, but ride like a Nana? yeah right!

I expect there will be a large group of us 2moro with a mixture of different styled riders present, especially if the sun is out in all it's glory, so reducing our speeds would be the wise option. :yes:

Blackbird
15th September 2006, 12:44
Thanks for the heads up Paul. I for one am more than happy to ride *sedately*, but ride like a Nana? yeah right!

I expect there will be a large group of us 2moro with a mixture of different styled riders present, especially if the sun is out in all it's glory, so reducing our speeds would be the wise option. :yes:

Speaking as a Coro resident, it's all you young out-of-towners on sprotsbikes who get us slow old tourers a bad name:nono:

How are ya Matt?:laugh:

Zed
15th September 2006, 12:54
...us slow old tourers...:laugh: haha i've ridden with you remember!

All is well with my soul tks Geoff, may catch you around lunchtime 2moro?

Fishy
15th September 2006, 13:30

I just heard that this happened on the stretch of road between Whitianga and Kuaotunu.

Keep your eyes peeled guys, the're out there.

Blackbird
15th September 2006, 13:42
I just heard that this happened on the stretch of road between Whitianga and Kuaotunu.

There are HWP cars and a mufti operating out of Whitianga. I think the northern end of their territory ends around Kuaotunu. Unless some extras have been shipped in, the only Coro police vehicles are 2 utes, neither of which have radar. Mind you, you really wouldn't want to cross the local cop, John Morrissey. Great guy but an old fashioned copper - hard as nails. I've also seen HWP cars from Te Mata south to Thames in recent weeks so they definitely are raising their profile.

beyond
15th September 2006, 14:09

That's exactly the area I thought they would be intent on targeting.
Good high speed sweepers with nice straights in between before you get to the twisties, if heading anti clockwise. That stretch is an ideal trap, but there are many others of course. A mufti? Bet it's an old beat up Bongo 4WD with a supercharged V8, packing a 50mm machine gun under the sump and manned with six armed defender squad in the back. :)

Not kidding, there was a Mazda Bongo working the Southern Motorway a while back.

Scouse
15th September 2006, 16:21
I will make sure we cover this off tomorow morning before we head out

DingDong
15th September 2006, 19:20
Getting a new tyre put on at 9:30am... leave Tauranga at 10am... get to Waihi at 10:40am, catch and pass Korn at 10:55am:rockon: ... catch and pass Fish at 11:05am:rockon: ... (I'll do it tonight in my dreams:dodge: ) well its a plan anyway... I'll be scrubbing the rubber tomorrow and will head that direction, If I see ya I see ya...

One things for sure, I cant eat more burgers than anyone living in TA

scracha
15th September 2006, 20:15
At a mate's in Whangamata this evening. If one of you chaps would be good enough to ring my mobily tomorrow when ya's get here. Sure there could be a beer for your trouble (don't all fucking ring me tho <g>).

Oh...moby no: 021 022 54495

Oh and the road between Waihi and Whanga is pretty #$cked, lots of potholes and tarmac missing on the apex's from the 4x4's and trucks, etc.

R6_kid
15th September 2006, 20:24

yeh right, catch me if you can piggy. Got my stash sorted and everything, gotta love knowing rich aucklanders with holiday properties.

RM125king
15th September 2006, 20:40
so where abouts do we meet at 9.00 am. the autobahn? where is that?

Ozzie
15th September 2006, 20:50
Southern Motorway, just South of Papakura, big BP servo and maca's and stuff, before Drury.

If you pass it, no 1 - you are blind, no 2 - either double back or wait at drury, think we're heading off there anyhow.

RM125king
15th September 2006, 21:05
sweet as thanks i will be there on the r6

Kittyhawk
15th September 2006, 21:22

You better be there, I might make it, but wont be in the leg warmers :nono: Took off the exhaust and now it sounds very sexy.

Kittyhawk
15th September 2006, 21:28
:innocent:
There will be plenty of bikes on this ride so the piggy to bike ratio is well down, I think if you go normal on the straights and leave the quicker stuff to the twistys then you'll be fine. (Tight twisties at 110kmh is cool).
Gonna be a fun day

What are the chances of getting caught with out my exhaust on??? :innocent: :innocent: I had to take it off as the bracket is stuffed from my crash..

Richard Mc F
15th September 2006, 21:49
i is quivering in anticipation...........mrs is on the piss tonite..........she better not be expectin any sympathy.........i will let the Duck idle past the bedroom rather than the usual heavy duty throttle blipping to warm up heheheheheh

beyond
15th September 2006, 21:49
so where abouts do we meet at 9.00 am. the autobahn? where is that?

Errmm,

ZRXER is heading out through Ararimu, so won't be getting off at Drury but at Ramarama which is the next exit after Drury.

But the Autobahn is easy to find. First exit after the Papakura turnoff before Drury.

Scouse
16th September 2006, 08:25
Well its not bright and sunny but its not raining either so its all go see yose at the Autobhann

RM125king
16th September 2006, 08:40
weather is perfect on the coro

unhingedlizard
16th September 2006, 14:03
Sorry, didnt go to this. only woke up at 10am. See y'all next time

sAsLEX
16th September 2006, 16:24
Sorry, didnt go to this. only woke up at 10am. See y'all next time

similar here, except the hangover is still hurting now..........

hope not too many points were acrued on the licenses

Scouse
16th September 2006, 17:35
What a good fuckin ride there boys and girls not to many rozzers no body got stung by the revenue gatheres sorry about that brake aplication at Ramarama speedie there was a oinker in a plain holden with a lazer thing but now I realise it would have been for the Traffic coming the other way anyway thank for coming along all of yose

RM125king
16th September 2006, 17:49
yes it was bloody great ride. i fell in love with those twisties. cant wait for the next one. some one organise another please please please :not:

boomer
16th September 2006, 17:53
THanks Steve for organising a top ride :thumbsup:

I'm shagged from all the terbulance as everyone fucker and his dog went past me :scooter:

cheers one and all .. top ride, good company, a few beers and wicked twisties :rockon:

* edit;

HighLights
KornHolio showing me the Motard stylez up the hill.. you give 'backing it in' a whole new meaning :D
DMNTD and his skills
Zed and the one wheel antics
trying to keep up with Speedie and failing
giving myself the beejeebies when i scrape my toes and wonder wtf was that !!!
Fish givin me the bird as he flys past, then Gareth_D wanting to start a scrap with the "local whos aggressive" .. hahahha

ps.. the burgers @ the KOPU PUB are SHITE!!!!!!!

SixPackBack
16th September 2006, 17:58
Might have made it if I had a Honda!:shutup: :angry:

Limb
16th September 2006, 18:06
The wife and I had a blast. It was good to put names to faces. Sorry to those who got the learn by the Hyosung:rockon: but, now you've seen the light there's a fast hyosung for sale at my place.

Come on Affman you know you want it :)

saul
16th September 2006, 18:09
[QUOTE=Limb;755411]Sorry to those who got the learn by the Hyosung:rockon: but, now your've seen the light there's a fast hyosung for sale at my place.

Nice :rockon: :banana: :spudwave:

boomer
16th September 2006, 18:10
Might have made it if I had a Honda!:shutup: :angry:

i heard ya getting shit from Suzuki NZ.. give 'em the hurry up or tell 'em your gonna buy that Hyosung :scooter:

hurricane_r
16th September 2006, 18:59
my knees / arse hurts, wow my bike got a thrash 2day,

SixPackBack
16th September 2006, 19:02
my knees / arse hurts, wow my bike got a thrash 2day,

Finn went on the ride?:dodge:

R6_kid
16th September 2006, 19:09
Fish givin me the bird as he flys past, then Gareth_D wanting to start a scrap with the "local whos aggressive" .. hahahha

whos this Gareth_D fellow?

ps.. the burgers @ the KOPU PUB are SHITE!!!!!!!

lol, shut ya mouth you raving homo.

R6_kid
16th September 2006, 19:26
Well!!!! That was bloody awesome.

mynameis rocked up at my place at 8.10am and helped me oil my chain and gave me the hurry up so we could catch up with hurricane_r for the ride out to the Autobahn.

Ride started off good chilling out at around 110kmh through the first few roads after Aririmu. Started thinking the ride was gonna be gay with shitloads of straight roads... got to Paeroa and a few of us were thinking WTF are we doing? Got to Karangahake Gorge only for it to be clogged with cages. Then some more straights before getting to Waihi and discovering the road to Whangamata, that was fun, first time i've ever been over there.

Decided i'd wear my draggin' jeans to 'slow me down', well after that stretch of road i was kicking myself for not going with leathers as some of the corners were just asking for a bit more pace and a bit more lean (and maybe some accidental knee down).

Was also my first time doing the loop backwards at any decent pace on a bike. I'd done the bit from Kopu-Whitianga one time in the dark/wet on shit tyres so today was kind of like another virgin ride.

With my experience at Taupo fresh in my mind, confidence in my boots and heat in my tyres i picked up the pace and stuck with Boomer and Speedie for a bit, then somewhere along the line Kornholio and the other boys came past and took of with speedie. Boomer had sore nuts or something so was kinda off-pace but still going decently quick on that Honda (which he still cant wheelie any good :zzzz: )

Introduced hurricane_r and RM125king a fair pace heading up over the hill from Whitianga-Coromandel which really good fun as always, both RM125King and myself were well impressed with hurricane_r's ability to throw his little 250 around making sure he didnt get left behind, and making up for it in the corners when he did lose us on the straights.

By halfway down the coast we were a bit stuffed so pulled over for a rest, which turned out to be a popular place as everyone else decided to join us! Cruised the rest of the way down to Thames/Kopu at 110ish and generally just let the bike do its thing. Then we set off on the long and slow SH2 to head home.

Had a couple of hairy moments, like when i hit a 'rift' in the road when i was leant well over, a tad over the speed limit, which resulted in my bike being on a line 1.5ft to the left of where it was before.

Was sad to see a couple of people come to grief at different points, hope that dude on the ZXR gets it sorted ASAP, GSXR600 - take your time dude the 600's can bite ya as you found out today :shutup: , and to Beyond's mate on the R1 - wtf happened dude??? Your bike wasnt looking too happy but was good to see you were ok.

Cheers to all those that turned up, both for the good pace, the fun ride, and the shit talking at the stops! Thanks ZRXER for organising it. I had a chicken burger at Coroglen, apart from the wait it was quite good.

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 19:34
Lol see ya I told ya I wasnt Superman eh Boomer... pity it had to be right in front of you lol....heh try following those black marks ...Finally got to meet Chris(DMNTD) and a few other familiar faces... awesome as always Beyond and Zed and others....oh and becareful not to touch other peoples toys eh Zed :p

Turtle
16th September 2006, 19:37
A great day had (apart from my now aching back)....thanks for the organisation there ZRXER..do it again anytime.Was good to put some more faces to names and catch up with others.and the coro scallop burgers rok.

P.S. hope to see yr faces again next weekend at Okarierie.

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 19:41
, and to Beyond's mate on the R1 - wtf happened dude??? Your bike wasnt looking too happy but was good to see you were ok.

WTF!!!!...it was mint when i last seen it at Coroglen???

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 19:44
P.S. hope to see yr faces again next weekend at Okarierie.

Where the fuck is that you rickety old man? :D

R6_kid
16th September 2006, 19:47
WTF!!!!...it was mint when i last seen it at Coroglen???

thats because he dropped it after coroglen.... :shit: :shit: :shit:

was about halfway up 'the hill' maybe 2km back from the top lookout, on the way down the coast from Coromandel town.

boomer
16th September 2006, 19:53
Lol see ya I told ya I wasnt Superman eh Boomer... pity it had to be right in front of you lol....heh try following those black marks ...Finally got to meet Chris(DMNTD) and a few other familiar faces... awesome as always Beyond and Zed and others....oh and becareful not to touch other peoples toys eh Zed :p

i'll let you tell the story but i honestly thought you were putting on a show for me until.. well.. :gob:

that black mark must have been a good 3 metres long and your laughing in your helmet was audiable from 20 foot away, over yours and my exhaust and the persuing rabble and a people wagon ... Fukin priceless!!!

Bling to you mate!!!

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 20:03
i'll let you tell the story but i honestly thought you were putting on a show for me until.. well.. :gob:

that black mark must have been a good 3 metres long and your laughing in your helmet was audiable from 20 foot away, over yours and my exhaust and the persuing rabble and a people wagon ... Fukin priceless!!!

Bling to you mate!!!

It was a pleasure as always riding with you Dunc... although I thought you passing me on the outside of a corner with one wheel in the air was a bit over the top :D

Lol and thanks for shittin yourself for me on that corner...obviously I didnt have time to do it myself :p

saul
16th September 2006, 20:05

Bling to you mate!!!

I'm listening korn do tell:innocent:

Leong
16th September 2006, 20:17
What an awesome ride!! Thanks for organising ZRXER. Good weather and apart from road works near Miranda and one patch of seal repairs somewhere between Tairua and Whitianga the roads were in great condition. Bit of a wait for the burgers at Coroglen, but well worth it IMO.

Great fun thru the twisties between Whitianga and Coromandel... absolutely loving the Gixxer. Got a good close up view of the road surface a few times and finally got rid of the beads of rubber on the edges of my front tire (leftover from it's time at Philip Island), but on the right side only.:innocent: After the SV I thought there would be less engine braking with the IL4, but I found myself using just second gear thru the twisties so there was plenty. Only one bit of drama on the way home near the top of the hill after Hotel Du Vin where the back end slipped out slightly on the slightly muddy surface, and even that wasn't a big deal. Good to meet a few more KBers!!

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 20:28
. Bit of a wait for the burgers at Coroglen, but well worth it IMO.

They said if we give em notice next time they will put more GIRLS!! on to cope with the *ahem*load :D

SwanTiger
16th September 2006, 20:28
The wife and I had a blast. It was good to put names to faces. Sorry to those who got the learn by the Hyosung:rockon: but, now you've seen the light there's a fast hyosung for sale at my place.

Come on Affman you know you want it :)
We want names! Name and shame!

Hail the almighty Hyosung :first:

toymachine
16th September 2006, 20:59
Anyone get pictures? :D

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 21:11
Anyone get pictures? :D

I do believe I seen Ozzie takin some sneaky shots at Coroglen :shifty:

boomer
16th September 2006, 21:17
Boomer, as always mate, love ridin with ya, when your there:dodge: .

i tried but you kicked it up a gear and this round of the CoroGP you were gorn burga; nice riding Glen..cheers as always!

'twas funny, you'd taken the lead most of the run then decided to let me through.. there was not a CHANCE in hell i was gonna go front when i had Fish all over my ass :third:

Richard Mc F
16th September 2006, 21:30
Awsome day out, have not pushed the ducatasauras like that before ( only had it just over a month) or myself ( 10/12 year break) fuck the list gets bigger...rebuild front fork....sticky tyres...steering damper..........sigh...new rear shocks, one is puking oil out.

Or do i need one fuck off fast jappa toy again..........divorce looms.

Again great day, put a few "names" to faces but as creeping old age will do to ya I have C.R.A.F.T. symdrome ( can't remember a fucking thing) I will need to meet ya all again some time.

P.S was in the box seat for the bike that went into the ditch, beats the crap out of motor sport on tv

jtzzr
16th September 2006, 22:09
CHEERS Zxer, , Had a Fanfuckintastic day ,put some names to faces , Duckaddict on his 2fiddy (good going mate), Leong on his beast (god bless your radar), DMNTD/TL (might give you a hand to paint your pad in Opo ,when?) RichardMcF (yeah you ride like a real nana( I DON`T THINK SO)) and Big B (nice lines on the way home) and got to meet Blackbird at his little hideaway in Coromandel (thanks for everything Geoff) and Kittyhawk (you go girl ) yeah could you go put a muffler on your bike I might be deaf (just kidding I am deaf , NOW) , and Thanks to everyone else who I didn`t get to talk to , especially the guy on the r6 when the copper was coming at us at , just after Miranda,(our lucky day). CHEERS:rockon: Sorry almosy forgot FX Chief (If you need eftpos technology , talk to this man , nice talking with you Steve).

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 22:19
Dude that was some great riding on that ol duke, sounded awesome and got a lot of keen eyes peering over it!

Fuck yeah man he was going great :D

Zed
16th September 2006, 22:21
So much for 'The Great Coro Burger Fest', I ate a toasted sandwich!!

Twas an awesome ride today, I think we averaged around 25 bikes, good riders too. Loved those roads from Waihi thru to Whangamata which I followed Beyond on his GSX1400, mate you can ride that thing and you've got a great riding style around them corners too! :yes:

Coro Loop was in fairly good nick today, but about 20kms heading south from Coro town as i'm blasting up the hill toward the lookout I rode over an obscured bump in the road which threw me out of my seat and moved the whole bike kinda sideways about 2 foot, scared the living daylights out of me! Gixser was following and said it was quite a sight, pity your video camera wasn't working mate!! :shit:

Good to see a couple of Norfland boys make the effort to come down and join us, T.I.E and DMNTD. I'm glad you're happy with your new Aprilia TIE, a few more rides like today and you'll be well acquainted with it! Hope you got back to Whangarei safe n sound 2nite.

Was fun riding with y'all again, looking forward to next time. Couple of crappy phone pics attached.

jtzzr
16th September 2006, 22:33
Hey Zed was that you taking it easy just after the autobahn? Pulling the mono(nice)just wondering.:shit:

Zed
16th September 2006, 22:40
...oh and becareful not to touch other peoples toys eh Zed :pYes well....that was the first time ever that i've been publicly told off for touching someones bike! Here I was chatting away with 3 or 4 other bikers, completely surrounded by bikes in the Coroglen pub carpark, and all the while I was subconsciously opening and closing the petrol cap key flap on someones bike when the owner came up to me and in a rather dry serious tone said "go and play with someone else's bike!" :nono:

Well I won't do THAT again in a hurry lol!

Zed
16th September 2006, 22:46
Hey Zed was that you taking it easy just after the autobahn? Pulling the mono(nice)just wondering.:shit:Hmmmm can't remember sory? When was this, morning or afternoon?

beyond
16th September 2006, 22:50
Coro Loop was in fairly good nick today, but about 20kms heading south from Coro town as i'm blasting up the hill toward the lookout I rode over an obscured bump in the road which threw me out of my seat and moved the whole bike kinda sideways about 2 foot, scared the living daylights out of me! Gixser was following and said it was quite a sight, pity your video camera wasn't working mate!! :shit:

Just got in. Zed, that lump is probably the one my mate G hit on the R1.
Couldn't be seen and he hit it on a tight left hander. Tossed him into a full on tank slapper which he couldn't get back under control. Threw him into the other lane and as luck would have it, a van comes around the corner. It wasn't looking pretty for a split second but G managed to wrestle it the left a bit to avoid a full head on, but hit the side of the van real hard, then went down and over the bank. :(

Sorry I didn't stop all, but had to get G back home. Just as well I did, he has a broken hand and a major Heamatoma on his leg and is in hospital.

Tomorrow I go back to a local farm to get his bike with his brother. It may be a writeoff.

G is a real good rider and I honestly never thought I would see the day he had an accident :(

Other than the two offs and the blown motor on the kawa, it was a great day.
Good to meet more people and a great run. Thanks Steve.

boomer
16th September 2006, 22:55
Wish him well Paul

Zed
16th September 2006, 22:57
Couldn't be seen and he hit it on a tight left hander. Tossed him into a full on tank slapper which he couldn't get back under control. Threw him into the other lane and as luck would have it, a van comes around the corner. It wasn't looking pretty for a split second but G managed to wrestle it the left a bit to avoid a full head on, but hit the side of the van real hard, then went down and over the bank. :(Far out! That is the same *bump* I believe Paul. When I rode over it my 1st thought was that it needs to be repaired. A couple of other riders had a small scare over it but you obviously have to hit it in a certain area to get the full brunt of it! Real sorry to hear your mate had a close call with death today, but glad he is still alive and in good care now. Please send him my/our best wishes.

jtzzr
16th September 2006, 23:15
Beyond, I hope all is well with your friend , you`re having a bad time of it aren`t you mate .

Ozzie
16th September 2006, 23:26
Geeze, the second off is news to me :gob: , really sorry to hear about it, please pass on my regards.

I did take a couple of little pix with my phone, they won't be great, but they did get all 33 bikes in. I will post them on Monday, didn't bring my lead home.

Had a great day, sorry i missed the full loop, maybe next time. Was great to meet a few more people, if i go on enough of these who knows, i might get to the point when i know everyone that went on it. I'm a bit shy you see, don't get around much to chit chat, a few new faces each ride.

Great day, 10 points for the organiser, hope to see you all again soon.

Zed
16th September 2006, 23:32
Had a great day, sorry i missed the full loop, maybe next time. Was great to meet a few more people, if i go on enough of these who knows, i might get to the point when i know everyone that went on it. I'm a bit shy you see, don't get around much to chit chat, a few new faces each ride.I saw you pull up possibly last at the Coroglen today? Flash new GSX and sky blue and white Shoei lid. Glad u had fun Oz.

Kornholio
16th September 2006, 23:34
Couldn't be seen and he hit it on a tight left hander. Tossed him into a full on tank slapper which he couldn't get back under control. Threw him into the other lane and as luck would have it, a van comes around the corner. It wasn't looking pretty for a split second but G managed to wrestle it the left a bit to avoid a full head on, but hit the side of the van real hard, then went down and over the bank. :(

Sorry I didn't stop all, but had to get G back home. Just as well I did, he has a broken hand and a major Heamatoma on his leg and is in hospital.

Tomorrow I go back to a local farm to get his bike with his brother. It may be a writeoff.

G is a real good rider and I honestly never thought I would see the day he had an accident :(

Other than the two offs and the blown motor on the kawa, it was a great day.
Good to meet more people and a great run. Thanks Steve.

Bummer dude...wish him well for me :)

jtzzr
16th September 2006, 23:37
Where did you go Ozzie ? From where to where ,sorta lost everyone after Coromandel ,BigB and I went to see Blackbird.

sAsLEX
17th September 2006, 00:39
Far out! That is the same *bump* I believe Paul. When I rode over it my 1st thought was that it needs to be repaired. A couple of other riders had a small scare over it but you obviously have to hit it in a certain area to get the full brunt of it! Real sorry to hear your mate had a close call with death today, but glad he is still alive and in good care now. Please send him my/our best wishes.

Maybe some renagade road marking on the next round of the corogp is in order, can of Dazzle in the tail of the bike and mark the big bump in fluro paint!

SwanTiger
17th September 2006, 00:46
Maybe some renagade road marking on the next round of the corogp is in order, can of Dazzle in the tail of the bike and mark the big bump in fluro paint!
Gee, and here I was thinking about buying an Tow and Salavage company and putting a sign up just past the corner :innocent:

Scouse
17th September 2006, 01:04
Sorry to hear about G there Beyonce hope he is not out of action for to long It shure suprised the shit outta me when I found out

Scouse
17th September 2006, 01:05
Gee, and here I was thinking about buying an Tow and Salavage company and putting a sign up just past the corner :innocent:Wot like tunga te whenua towing or summat

Scouse
17th September 2006, 01:23
Ride started off good chilling out at around 110kmh through the first few roads after Aririmu. Started thinking the ride was gonna be gay with shitloads of straight roads... got to Paeroa and a few of us were thinking WTF are we doing? Ah so Glasshopper its called choosing your moments especialy when nasty oinkers are prowling

_Gina_
17th September 2006, 07:54

Go hard Richard, get yourself another bike, the Missus will build a bridge...how about a Honda CBR600?
You liked the look of mine.....:innocent:

Gg

T.I.E
17th September 2006, 08:40
cheers guys had an awesome time.
got back to whangarei with a sore ass, back neck etc etc etc. still getting use to the bike. fell asleep real fast.
steve cheers for that loved every bit of it. except for locking up the rear all the time.
front brakes dont work very well. but dam a bit of a drift on at the last stages with the fast crew through the windys and it was all good.
and i could finally feel the grove.
ill be keeping an eye out for further rides.
and the roads are so clean down there. thanks to all for the fun and laughs and good to meet up with a few of ya.

rider of the day richard on the ducati. wooo hoooooo

aff-man
17th September 2006, 10:08
well after playing catch up for most of the day was good to ride with some old faces again..

See ya soon.

TONO
17th September 2006, 11:18

Kinda know how that feels,:gob: wish him the best and speedie recovery.
Just ordered my parts from Japan, my brother is back there for a month so is organising it.Hope to back on the road in about a month if all goes well with a few goodies on the bike.:innocent:

Kornholio
17th September 2006, 11:43
Kinda know how that feels,:gob: wish him the best and speedie recovery.
Just ordered my parts from Japan, my brother is back there for a month so is organising it.Hope to back on the road in about a month if all goes well with a few goodies on the bike.:innocent:

See ya soon man :D

Ozzie
17th September 2006, 12:16
I saw you pull up possibly last at the Coroglen today? Flash new GSX and sky blue and white Shoei lid. Glad u had fun Oz.

Yup that was me. Maniac and I lost you guys along the way somewhere, was with the repair crew, at the back of it leaving the servo, then Maniac had an oil issue, gave him a headstart and had a smoke, turns out shouldn't have bothered, Coroglen was only around the corner.

My Geography knowledge of NZ grows on a daily basis.

Ozzie
17th September 2006, 12:21
Where did you go Ozzie ? From where to where ,sorta lost everyone after Coromandel ,BigB and I went to see Blackbird.

I was in the last group to leave Coroglen, they left me in the dust. Thought everyone else was stopping at Whangamatta, so I didn't, thinking I would catch you up at Coromandal, stopped at a rest stop for a ciggy and a piss (damn beer). While I was there Maniac went past, caught him at Coromandal, we waited maybe 10 minutes, no one showed, so we legged it back to Kopu, and found the lot of you there.

So between the broken Kwaka, Maniacs oil, and redundant stops, didn't spend much time riding with the full group, but did enjoy it all the same. Was the first time over for me, thoroughly loved it.

beyond
17th September 2006, 15:34
Thanks Peeps for your well wishes to Gary (R1)

Just a quick update. I picked his bike up today form the locals where it was stored overnight. It's a bit of a mess but mainly cosmetic, with wrecked fairings both sides, headlamp missing and broken pegs etc The main part of the bike looks ok, frame and tank etc. It's a long drive in a van :(

As for Gary, he is in hospital waiting for surgery to pin the knuckle back to his hand on his little finger. His leg is badly swollen and the Heamatoma should settle on it's own in time and other than that, bad bruising.

In a way, he was lucky he bounced off the side of the van with his bike or else he would have gone straight over the bank, into a fence, down a steep bank and into trees.

Thanks again for the company and the ride folks. Leaving Coroglen to get home early for commitments went seriously awry for us, didn't it. :(
That is a real nasty bump on the corner which nearly caught a few out, by the sound of it.

Eerrrmmm, I have a problem, I cant get the feeler bolts out of my footpegs as they are all ground away. :( Might have to drill them now.

It was a good ride and again, a great bunch of guys and girls. :)

beyond
17th September 2006, 15:44
You rode that machine very well. Go man :)

Awsome day out, have not pushed the ducatasauras like that before ( only had it just over a month) or myself ( 10/12 year break) fuck the list gets bigger...rebuild front fork....sticky tyres...steering damper..........sigh...new rear shocks, one is puking oil out.

Again great day, put a few "names" to faces but as creeping old age will do to ya I have C.R.A.F.T. symdrome ( can't remember a fucking thing) I will need to meet ya all again some time.

P.S was in the box seat for the bike that went into the ditch, beats the crap out of motor sport on tv

Zed
17th September 2006, 19:40
Eerrrmmm, I have a problem, I cant get the feeler bolts out of my footpegs as they are all ground away. :(Cheer up, the sparks looked great from behind! :niceone:

Poor Gary, I keep thinking of that horrible bump in the road and how it could have easily turned to custard for me! Did you get a chance to look at it closer today Paul?

beyond
17th September 2006, 20:41
Hiya Matt,

Yep, I had a closer look. It's a set of ripples caused by heavy traffic. Gary reckoned his front forks bottomed out on them and of course it's right on the apex of the cornering line, so when you are well over, it's really going to upset the apple cart.

From behind, it didn't look pretty. I thought for a second it was going to be a head on. It turned into an instant full on tank slapper which just fired him across the road. Incredible he managed to pull it left a bit before collecting the side of the van. The van had bull bars at the rear which caused a lot of damage to his bike and where most of his injuries occurred.

Not much fun watching a mate go down. It seems to be happening a lot over the last year with Fishlayer, then Jason a few weeks back with the cyclists and car in our lane.

Other than all the drama, was a good ride though and a good turn out. :)

Good catching up with ya. Need to do the kaiaua loop some time and catch up for lunch.

All in all, one very lucky person. If I had been i front at that point, it probably would have been me as we ride very similar lines.

sAsLEX
17th September 2006, 22:06
it probably would have been me as we ride very similar lines.

But the van would of been worse off due to the mighty 1400 hitting it!

Glad to hear your mate came out in one piece! And where abouts is this hazard exactly?

texmo
17th September 2006, 22:51
Hiya Matt,

Yep, I had a closer look. It's a set of ripples caused by heavy traffic. Gary reckoned his front forks bottomed out on them and of course it's right on the apex of the cornering line, so when you are well over, it's really going to upset the apple cart.

From behind, it didn't look pretty. I thought for a second it was going to be a head on. It turned into an instant full on tank slapper which just fired him across the road. Incredible he managed to pull it left a bit before collecting the side of the van. The van had bull bars at the rear which caused a lot of damage to his bike and where most of his injuries occurred.

Not much fun watching a mate go down. It seems to be happening a lot over the last year with Fishlayer, then Jason a few weeks back with the cyclists and car in our lane.

Other than all the drama, was a good ride though and a good turn out. :)

Good catching up with ya. Need to do the kaiaua loop some time and catch up for lunch.

All in all, one very lucky person. If I had been i front at that point, it probably would have been me as we ride very similar lines.

How was the van driver?

scracha
17th September 2006, 23:00
A nice afternoon out. Thanks for calling me out to action Zxrer, I'm due ya' a beer BTW. Ricardo...nice Ducati and the ride was much more enjoyable when I wasn't trying to get the viffer to boogie with the modern tackle.

New rear tyre scrubbed in nicely BTW.

mynameis
18th September 2006, 00:22
And of course all the other riders as well. Awesome day indeed. Lots of fun around the twisties. Was my first time around the area in a bike and I loved it :) Great fun and heaps of learning to do and practice around the corners.

Big ups to R6_Kid and Hurricane_R. You ride that 250 pretty damn well and hope to get out there more with ya mate. Pitty I was sore azz after hours of riding on my ZXR 250. Yes I am way to big for that fella.

Had to take pain killers when I got back home and was deaf for the next few hours as well haha.. :) Bike got a good thrashing as well. Added some more oil today, lube the chain, and tyre pressure as well. Bikes good now :D

mynameis

BigB
18th September 2006, 07:13
CHEERS Zxer, , Had a Fanfuckintastic day ,put some names to faces ,Big B (nice lines on the way home) and got to meet Blackbird at his little hideaway in Coromandel (thanks for everything Geoff) .

Had a great day out, but have to say that the bird makes you work in the tight and twisty stuff. Good to meet you John (I didn't think my lines were that good as I couldn't get into a rhythem) and to finally meet Geoff (Blackbird).

cheers

Brian

jtzzr
18th September 2006, 07:27
Nah you were doing alright mate,set a good cruisey pace , let me know if you wanna go for another blast sometime :scooter: , Regards John

beyond
18th September 2006, 08:16
Ok, for those who asked where the bad bump is, it's about 20km South of Coro, heading up the final hill before the big lookout. It's about 2km towards Coro from the main look out at the top of the hill. If you are heading from Coro towards Thames, it's on the left lane right in your riding line on a reasonably tight left hander. It has also been marked for road works but you can't see the markings or the bump till your on it.

As for the van driver; real nice guy. In fact very apologetic for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Didn't want details or anything to pay for damage and helped us get the bike on the road as it was down the bank a bit.
Shook our hands and said thank you very much???

That was decent of him eh? :)

Blackbird
18th September 2006, 09:31
Had a great day out, but have to say that the bird makes you work in the tight and twisty stuff. Good to meet you John (I didn't think my lines were that good as I couldn't get into a rhythem) and to finally meet Geoff (Blackbird).

cheers

Brian

Pleased to see that all you guys got home without getting nicked. Coming back from Coro yesterday, the Highway Patrol were out in numbers. Must have seen 10 between Te Puru and Tokoroa including picking up 2 mufti vehicles. Look out for a dark blue Holden or Ford (didn't see which) around the Paeroa area. It was sitting in Paeroa near the big bottle pinging people coming from the Karangahake gorge end. Also a black Commodore near Tirau. Thank God for the detector!

GIXser
18th September 2006, 10:57
Cheers ZRxer, for orgainising the ride after playing a bit o catch up with Limb (good riding two up bro) and Aff we finnally caught up in Coroglen, didnt bother ordering lunch, as we were some of the last to arrive, Sad to hear about Gary,( one of the best and safest riders i know), that bumb , hit a lot of us, including Zed, whom was about 10 feet in front of me, his rear shifted a good foot-and a bit, the front got a bit of a wobble on, but he hung on, and after "adding to the depletion of the ozone" he took off again like it never happened..
it was a shame most of the ride was very sparatic. 2 here, 3 there a cluster a bit further, very spread out all of us, but al least most of us made it back in one, good to see boomer, (mate the wheelies are getting better,seriously)
there was one joker who didnt like his bike fondled,,( hey Zed",) firk imagine a poor fella striking up a converstion with the guys missus, (all i want for christmas are my to front teeth!!!)
was great to get on the terps , with Mat,and Jono, and Chris afterwards,

until next time chaps

beyond
18th September 2006, 11:04
Hey Gixser,
I didn't realise it was the one and same as Gary and I rode with out of Clevedon with a group some months back. Back then you had the yellow Gixser of course.

Good to catch up with you again mate. Shame the vid wasn't going well. :(

R6_kid
18th September 2006, 11:28
that van driver was probably the only reason hurricane_r, rm125king and myself didnt come to grief on the bump, he'd stopped around the corner his his hazard lights on and waved us down as we approached, only to see the R1 with one side fairing pulled back and the other covered in grass around the next bend.

GIXser
18th September 2006, 11:47
Hey Gixser,
I didn't realise it was the one and same as Gary and I rode with out of Clevedon with a group some months back. Back then you had the yellow Gixser of course.

Good to catch up with you again mate. Shame the vid wasn't going well. :(

yeah bud" didnt gary have the "duc" back then,? i since bowled my yella Gsxr, i was on the same bike,in the weekend (just with race fairings)
please give my regards to Gary' and we'll have to catch up on the next ride--and i'll have me vid going--:yes:

beyond
18th September 2006, 11:52
Yep, Gary had the Bayliss Duc back then. He recently traded it in on an Aprilia Tuono so he could take his missus on the odd run as she didn't like the perch on the R1 :)

He won't be riding for at least six weeks. :(

I was a bit shocked to see him go down as he such a good smooth rider.

TLDV8
18th September 2006, 14:05
Speedy recovery to the injured rider.
Has anyone phoned or contacted the area council to bring it to their attention.If it is that dangerous in the dry it would be even worse in the wet at well below any speed limit.I would think if informed they then become accountable.

terbang
18th September 2006, 14:30
Looked like a nice day and by the sound of it you all had fun. Some of us had to work but hey I drove to Brisbane and back so it wasn't that bad. Bad news about the bins, get well and mend. It would be a good idea for someone to report the sag in the road to those responsible for its upkeep as we pay enough tax for that purpose.

Kornholio
18th September 2006, 20:08
Looked like a nice day and by the sound of it you all had fun. Some of us had to work but hey I drove to Brisbane and back so it wasn't that bad. Bad news about the bins, get well and mend. It would be a good idea for someone to report the sag in the road to those responsible for its upkeep as we pay enough tax for that purpose.

Yes Yes blah blah Mr 'I drive a 747 for a work vehicle' (lol) but yeah true it should be reported tho...thats fucken dangermouse :shit:

DMNTD
18th September 2006, 21:24
Cheers to ZRXER and the Latte-Crew for showing this Norfland nana a bloody good cruise on saturday!!
Was good to catch up and put some faces to ID's and check out what y'all had to offer down yonder.
Loved the roads from Paeroa onwards....frecking fast twisting insane shit ya got down there. Had a good ride with a few "innocents"...oh and the rumours are true, Boomer is a frecking NANA!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :shit: Mate,ya throttle is on the RIGHT hand grip man and yes you are allowed to use it
Sorry to hear about Beyond's mate binning...was shocked as he's a bloody good rider but after seeing Zed nearly toes up over the same bump I can understand that it could've got anyone no matter their skill level. Heal up fast man!!

beyond
18th September 2006, 22:02
Hey, it was good finally meeting you too DMNTD. :)

Ya seem a good bloke for Norflander. :first:

Kornholio
18th September 2006, 22:24

Yeah he seemed ok aye...could have had better footwear on tho..........

Zed
18th September 2006, 22:25
Ya seem a good bloke for Norflander. :first:Yes but what he neglects to tell people is that he was originally from Latte-land!!

Good riding on Saturday DMNTD one, always impresses me to see someone riding so well on roads they don't know! :ride:

Kornholio
18th September 2006, 22:41
Yes but what he neglects to tell people is that he was originally from Latte-land!!

Good riding on Saturday DMNTD one, always impresses me to see someone riding so well on roads they don't know! :ride:

No no our heavenly one, he did mention that he was a Remuera nancy boy at one point in his life :D

DMNTD
19th September 2006, 08:27
You too mate...was awesome to see ya swinging off that bike of yours :shit:
Oh btw....all those bourbons weren't for me sir....:innocent:

Yeah he seemed ok aye...could have had better footwear on tho..........
....sure but at least I have a haircut man and m'bike wasn't yella :dodge:

Yes but what he neglects to tell people is that he was originally from Latte-land!!
Cheers Brother Zed...I owe you one :yes:

No no our heavenly one, he did mention that he was a Remuera nancy boy at one point in his life :D
Mate,I'm a reformed nancy fulla ok? Come up Norf and yee shall see what I mean. Nana yes,nancy? No...

Just enjoying the roads taking it easy mate. However once them be learnt....well :yes:

RM125king
19th September 2006, 09:06
so whens the next one guys??

Guzzigirl
19th September 2006, 12:03
:scooter:
Pics from coromandel loop ride on saturday

Ozzie
19th September 2006, 12:12
Nice, thanks for that babe! :love:

Guys, these are the pix I took with my phone, aren't terribly flash, but here they are.

Guzzigirl (AKA Ozzie's Girl), was nice enough to post them for me as I could not from work.

:rockon:

texmo
19th September 2006, 19:11

Yeah but what school was it he went to again?

Guzzigirl
19th September 2006, 19:43
try again for those of you angularly challenged ......

Matt Bleck
19th September 2006, 19:49
try again for those of you angularly challenged ......

Who's the ugly bastard holding the beer in the second pic closeist to the camera, lucky he didn't bust the lens!!!

Guzzigirl
19th September 2006, 20:14
The first pics were for those that don't ride like me ....... that take corners with a little bit of lean and are used to seeing things at this angle

Ozzie
19th September 2006, 20:36
Who's the ugly bastard holding the beer in the second pic closeist to the camera, lucky he didn't bust the lens!!!

That would be Mr Korn.....and, it isn't beer, it is oil!

He's looking at his bike, asking for advice as to where it should go.

:whistle:

scracha
19th September 2006, 22:28
That would be Mr Korn.....and, it isn't beer, it is oil!

He's looking at his bike, asking for advice as to where it should go.
:whistle:

I get worried when kiwi blokes ask me where the oil goes <smirk>

Kornholio
19th September 2006, 22:43
Ummm never seen him before in my life :P

boomer
19th September 2006, 22:55
Ummm never seen him before in my life :P

fukin very nearly the last time i saw him :Pokey:

Kornholio
19th September 2006, 23:17
fukin very nearly the last time i saw him :Pokey:

Lol I told you a million times not to exaggerate :p

boomer
19th September 2006, 23:24
Lol I told you a million times not to exaggerate :p

yes dear
:hug:

Kornholio
19th September 2006, 23:39
yes dear
:hug:

Well finally found out Boomer is half Spanish...found a pic of his old man the other day :)

Richard Mc F
20th September 2006, 22:49
Go hard Richard, get yourself another bike, the Missus will build a bridge...how about a Honda CBR600?
You liked the look of mine.....:innocent:

Gg

yeh yeh sanity may/may not prevail, slow getting back 'cause the loinfruit spilt milk on the keyboard............

Just when I tink I need more speed i remember why I don't need it.
"nana riding" rules !!!!

So what happened to you ? no turn up ?

DMNTD
20th September 2006, 22:55
Just when I tink I need more speed i remember why I don't need it.
"nana riding" rules !!!!

....mate,you are not a nana!! I saw you riding that awesome machine of yours and was more than impressed sir.
I mean you were WAY faster than Nana Boomer anyway
Your beast sounds AWESOME :2thumbsup

boomer
20th September 2006, 22:57
Biach!
:spanking:

DMNTD
20th September 2006, 23:01
Biach! :spanking:
Pussy......

Richard Mc F
20th September 2006, 23:07
....mate,you are not a nana!! I saw you riding that awesome machine of yours and was more than impressed sir.
Your beast sounds AWESOME :2thumbsup

kind words but the old duck ain't dat fast, but f*ck can it turn petrol into noise !!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

beyond
21st September 2006, 08:23
Speed isn't eveything. You handle it darn well in the twisty stuff coming out of Whangamata when I was behind you and Gary on the R1 reckoned you were doing real well too. :) :2thumbsup

You are right, it is very efective in turning petrol into noise but a nice noise at that.

Ozzie
21st September 2006, 10:38
Beyond....How is your mate getting on?

_Gina_
21st September 2006, 11:17
So what happened to you ? no turn up ?
Sorry, had animals to attend to, bloody responsibilities of having two acres in the boonies.

Will have to do lunch again sometime next week aye :)

Gg

p.s is Ken awake???
:lol:

Kornholio
21st September 2006, 13:42

Lol and whats even funnier is that Dover is slower than Boomer :buggerd:

Kornholio
21st September 2006, 13:53
Sorry, had animals to attend to,

Stify playing up again was he?? :whistle:

I actually thought I passed you on the way to Tairua and give you a big wave but it ended up being Kittyhawk lol....i think she thought i was hitting on her at 100mph heh :whistle:

The_Dover
21st September 2006, 14:02
Lol and whats even funnier is that Dover is slower than Boomer :buggerd:

Being in front of you makes me nervous.

I like to keep the simple country folk out front where they can be carefully monitored.

Richard Mc F
22nd September 2006, 00:48
Sorry, had animals to attend to, bloody responsibilities of having two acres in the boonies.

Will have to do lunch again sometime next week aye :)

Gg

p.s is Ken awake???

YEAH awake ..................yet some what distant...........HA, attending to animals usually means use of blades and hot plates................mmmmm burger.

This week is f****d so maybe next week for a lunch time fang.

Call me at the cube farm......:beer: :beer: :beer:

beyond
11th October 2006, 13:00
Just a quick update as some have asked after Gary.

He is coming along okay. He sees the specialist again on Friday and they may remove the pins and fibreglass cast off his hand, hopefully. :)

His right leg is still sore and stiff but he is now managing to walk a bit more on it.

To give you an idea of how hard he hit the van, after hitting that lousy bump, his immaculate and well cared for R1, is a writeoff.

I was running my new Black GSX1400 in over the Coro Loop this last weekend and most those areas of bad roads South of Coro and before the lookout, have been spot sealed now and patches resealed. So be careful around there when you are out next.

The Whitianga to Coro hill is still pristine :) Gave my BT020's a good workout but looking forward to another set of Z6's or Pilot Roads as soon as the BT020's are worn out. They are a bit skitty in the wet.

sAsLEX
11th October 2006, 13:11
Just a quick update as some have asked after Gary.

He is coming along okay. He sees the specialist again on Friday and they may remove the pins and fibreglass cast off his hand, hopefully. :)

His right leg is still sore and stiff but he is now managing to walk a bit more on it.

To give you an idea of how hard he hit the van, after hitting that lousy bump, his immaculate and well cared for R1, is a writeoff.

I was running my new Black GSX1400 in over the Coro Loop this last weekend and most those areas of bad roads South of Coro and before the lookout, have been spot sealed now and patches resealed. So be careful around there when you are out next.

Good to hear your mate on the mend! don't take much to write them off these days though with all the plastic bits on them.

Are the works signposted? And is it better now or jsut more dangerous?

beyond
11th October 2006, 13:35
Thanks Saslex.

Yep, the works were sign posted but you know how they stick out one sign for a whole lot of separate stretches. You just have to watch for the last one saying works end and then get ready for the next lot.

No, it's not better. They have gone from the normal chip seal that was quite nice to the heavy duty stuff they use on patch ups. So there will be a lot of loose stuff on top for sometime after the signs are taken down :(

I dunno about the rest of you but lately our roads are turning to crap. They are getting worse every week you go out. If it's not potholes on your riding line, it's loose gravel, dodgy repair jobs, hollows and lumps in the worst places.

Getting to the stage you need triple steering dampers alongside your triple clamps. :(

Fishy
11th October 2006, 13:37
Are the works signposted? And is it better now or jsut more dangerous?

Some of the gravel is signposted others aren't so it pays to be careful heading from the lookout point to Coro area.

Leong
11th October 2006, 13:52
Good to hear about Gary's progress Paul. Seems like a long time ago we did that ride... yet Gary is reminded every day....