PDA

View Full Version : Everyone told me it would happen

cheetor
13th June 2004, 13:54
Yes, everyone warned me
I dropped my baby.....
taking her off the center stand, she leaned away from me, and I had no hope
I managed to slow the descent and not dame the fairing (2 VERY small scratches)
but my indicator and brake lever are busted to hell
Suzuki want $93 for a indicator!!!!!

Ms Piggy
13th June 2004, 14:02
Ouch! That's just about as painful as binning!! :sly: Stink 1 matey.

riffer
13th June 2004, 14:05
Sorry to hear cheetor.

Glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself buddy.

It sucks seeing your baby bent and buckled for any reason.

Buckets and bits are gonna piss themselves next week when I come in and ask for my third indicator in six months.

But they only charge me $20 for an indicator.

Hope they've got a mirror.

Anyway, scratches and dents add to your street credibility mate. (just keep telling yourself that ;))

Mongoose
13th June 2004, 14:06
but my indicator and brake lever are busted to hell
Suzuki want $93 for a indicator!!!!![/QUOTE]

Painful, on the pocket at least, lesson. Must be bike wreckers some where near you, check them out for parts, surely they would have to be cheaper?

Ghost Lemur
13th June 2004, 14:08
Try calling around the bike wreakers. You might be able to pick up a cheaper one.

It's definitely one of the reasons I went with the bike I did as my first. Hard to break, cheap to fix.

Ain't going to be pulling any sexy ladies with her, but my gf would say that's a good thing. j/k :lol:

Least you've had your first drop out of the way now.

Slim
13th June 2004, 14:54
I managed to slow the descent and not dame the fairing (2 VERY small scratches)
I did exactly the same thing putting my baby on the centre stand not long after I bought it. Luckily, the cardboard packing my new bed came in was still lying on the garage floor on the correct side of the bike to make for a soft landing.

I ended up at the physio with a torn bicep though. :crazy: Not from picking it up again (I hadn't yet learnt the easy way to lift a bike on your own) as I thought, but from actually slowing it's descent.

Racey Rider
13th June 2004, 14:55
Yes, everyone warned me
I dropped my baby.....

Sorry to hear it.
Been there myself!
Happened to me with a Honda VF750. Try picking ones of those suckers up with a full load of fuel! :o

wkid_one
13th June 2004, 15:59
Been there and done that - dropped the VTR and the R1 in similar manners - stupid ways! Luckily - neither of them cost me anything. Just yanked the bikes back upright and checked to see if anyone was looking!!. With the VTR I had to bend the main fairing bracket out....with the R1 there wasn't even a single scatch on the bike (weird).

Try www.motrax.co.uk if you want aftermarket parts - much cheaper that buying OEM - or go to a wreckers if you want the whole thing.