PDA

View Full Version : CBR250R fairings swap

adam666
19th August 2006, 18:30
Do the fairings from an MC19 fit an MC17?

all or any?

tail section? nose section w/headlights? left/right side main ones?

structure under the tail fairings looks very similar but has anyone any actual experience?

cheers
Adam

Kyle
19th August 2006, 18:55
Id say they wont bolt straight on, might be close but there is bound to be mounting differences. However in saying that, anything is possible with a little tweeking. Ive seen 2002 cbr600 fairings fitted to a 1992 cbr600, though it took more then just a little tweeking. Looked mighty fine finshed.

bladez
19th August 2006, 18:57
i carnt see why it would not work but you might need to change the head light frame to match the front fairing. good luck :rockon:

adam666
19th August 2006, 22:16
i carnt see why it would not work but you might need to change the head light frame to match the front fairing. good luck :rockon:

hmmm yes please!!

the twin rounds on the 19 look sooooo much nicer than my square unit :)

will have to pay a visit to buckets and bit in the hutt here, they apparently have both models at the moment so may be a good chance to try them on for size :)

and hey, what fun is it if it doesnt need modifying :Punk:

will update with findings.....

cheers
Adam

Wasp
19th August 2006, 22:39
Just be careful with buckets n bits, they dont have a bad reputation for nothing. ive had bad service twice and ok service once (didnt have the part)

still in saying that beggers cant be choosers

adam666
20th August 2006, 10:16
cheers for the heads up

Ill remain wary :oi-grr:

adam666
18th September 2006, 14:49
hmmm servie has definately been a bit ho-hum so far

but have managed a pair of mirrors for my MC17 for $40 :) so cant complain there.

they are actually selling the business so hopefully a inspired biker will take over this great resource of parts.