PDA

View Full Version : Visor/helmet replacement? (crystal clear)

brianemone
19th August 2006, 21:21
Does anyone have a suggestion on a new visor or helmet if nescesary. I'll explain what im looking for

I ride home at night from hamilton to huntly and my current visor picks up alot of reflection from the oncoming traffic. you know the whole radiating star thing out from the head lights. My current helmet is a HJC

Just wondering if there is a particular brand/material that reflects less light???

James Deuce
19th August 2006, 22:00
Get an eye test. You may be mildly short sighted, or if you already are your prescription may have changed.

brianemone
19th August 2006, 22:03
Get an eye test. You may be mildly short sighted, or if you already are your prescription may have changed.

Very shortsighted. Might be worth checking out. But i remember back in the day before i got the old man eye disease that it was the same thing.

Grahameeboy
19th August 2006, 22:06
Some people get night vision problems..could be that.

James Deuce
19th August 2006, 22:07
Roger that.

I like Arai, Nolan, and Shoei visors. Arai in particular. Clear, strong, and no starring.

Grahameeboy
19th August 2006, 22:12
My Shoei good but I try and avoid nighttime riding..well in fact I have to avoid daylight right now.....bugger!!

myvice
20th August 2006, 19:02
Try lifting your visor, if the staring is still there then get your eyes checked!
Have a good look at your visor, look for any minor scratches and/or polish marks.
If its a year or two old it might be time for a new one anyway, bout $60 for an HJC.
And you can get a fog free one...
Pity its usually your glasses that fog up!
Any anti fog that works on glasses? Or just lift the visor up 5mm?

Lou Girardin
21st August 2006, 08:14
Does anyone have a suggestion on a new visor or helmet if nescesary. I'll explain what im looking for

I ride home at night from hamilton to huntly and my current visor picks up alot of reflection from the oncoming traffic. you know the whole radiating star thing out from the head lights. My current helmet is a HJC

Just wondering if there is a particular brand/material that reflects less light???

How old is your visor?
Could be time for a new one.