PDA

View Full Version : Clive Matthew-Wilson

Lou Girardin
13th June 2004, 15:53
There's an article featuring this guy about road safety ads in todays Star Times.
What amuses me about him is that he has self-promoted himself to be an authority on vehicle and road safety on the basis of one book, The Dog and Lemon Guide, which is only a rehash of overseas tests etc.
Now, guess what sort of vehicle he drives.
No, nothing with a 5 star NCAP rating.
It's a Morris Oxford that he's retro-fitted airbags to.
In most countries he'd be laughed into obscurity. But our media treats his every utterance as the word from on high.
The other funny thing was, I took the piss out of Andy Knackstedt in another post, I had him saying that overseas research doesn't apply to NZ.
Well, bugger me if he didn't actually say it in this article.
You can't even satirise these guys now.

Mongoose
13th June 2004, 16:36
There's an article featuring this guy about road safety ads in todays Star Times.
What amuses me about him is that he has self-promoted himself to be an authority on vehicle and road safety .

Almost reminds me of some one that has regular postings on here. :rolleyes: :wacko:

Lou Girardin
13th June 2004, 17:08
Almost reminds me of some one that has regular postings on here. :rolleyes: :wacko:

I'm pleased that you're misinterpreting that 'someones' keen interest.

pete376403
13th June 2004, 17:13
Was the Oxford engineer certified after the air bags were installed? To use the vehicle otherwise would be illegal.
My boy has just been told that he has to get certification to install a pair of Recaro seats into his Sierra - what a load of cobblers!

Mongoose
13th June 2004, 17:30
I'm pleased that you're misinterpreting that 'someones' keen interest.

If the cap fits and all that, there could be any number of people on here that I refered too

Posh Tourer :P
13th June 2004, 18:07
Was the Oxford engineer certified after the air bags were installed? To use the vehicle otherwise would be illegal.
My boy has just been told that he has to get certification to install a pair of Recaro seats into his Sierra - what a load of cobblers!

Seats are a fairly integral part of the safety of the car. Put them in wrong and you get seatbelts not working properly/becoming dangerous, people not being able to see, perhaps even a seat that moves in a crash...
Sounds like its fair enough to get cert for that, just like you cert suspension... As long as the cert process isnt too expensive and ungainly of course

Motu
13th June 2004, 18:15
Omigod,fit your own airbags - the things you can buy at Repco eh?

Lou Girardin
14th June 2004, 20:55
If the cap fits and all that, there could be any number of people on here that I refered too

Mongoose.
Is that because you hate snakes?

Mongoose
14th June 2004, 21:01
Mongoose.

Depends on wheter they are poisonous or not :D

Mongoose
14th June 2004, 21:12
Depends on wheter they are poisonous or not :D

A ps to that last one Lou, were you refering to the snakes that used to have black and white cars?

Lou Girardin
15th June 2004, 06:40
A ps to that last one Lou, were you refering to the snakes that used to have black and white cars?

They used to be the ones.
Now they have candy stripe cars.

Mongoose
15th June 2004, 07:25

Just as wll they are not leopards, you would be worried about them changing their spots!!

RiderInBlack
15th June 2004, 08:23
Just as wll they are not leopards, you would be worried about them changing their spots!!They have. "Anywhere, anytime":Police: :finger:

spudchucka
15th June 2004, 11:12
Mostly still the same snakes driving them as were the B&W ones.

Hitcher
15th June 2004, 12:42

This is probably to counter the boi racers who have flash seats that aren't secured to their cars in any way, shape or form. Apparently they do this so they can take their seats with them when they leave their vehicles, so other boi racers don't thieve off with the seats.

marty
15th June 2004, 12:48
What amuses me about him is that he has self-promoted himself to be an authority on vehicle and road safety on the basis of one book, The Dog and Lemon Guide, which is only a rehash of overseas tests etc.
Now, guess what sort of vehicle he drives.
No, nothing with a 5 star NCAP rating.
It's a Morris Oxford that he's retro-fitted airbags to.
In most countries he'd be laughed into obscurity. But our media treats his every utterance as the word from on high.
The other funny thing was, I took the piss out of Andy Knackstedt in another post, I had him saying that overseas research doesn't apply to NZ.
Well, bugger me if he didn't actually say it in this article.
You can't even satirise these guys now.
birds of a feather lou. he just gets better publicity

tuscan
15th June 2004, 20:57
The Dog and Lemon guide is pretty shitty in general.

All the comments about the cars seem to be based on thoughtless stereotypes. :tugger:

scumdog
16th June 2004, 01:16
Yeah, where do you keep the Morris stashed?? :rolleyes:

scumdog
16th June 2004, 01:19
Mongoose.

OOOH! your'e walking into a field of Claymores here Lou, <_<

scumdog
16th June 2004, 01:23

And you don't have one of them?? <_<

Mongoose
16th June 2004, 07:24
Yeah, where do you keep the Morris stashed?? :rolleyes:

If I said where you would want to add it to your obviously large array of vehicles :eek5: