PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Tauranga

BigTex
20th August 2006, 06:08
Howdy, my name is Zack. Moving on the 27th. Going to school there and looking forward to gettin a bike. Sister already lives there and married to a kiwi with 3 kids. Not sure what to expect as I've never visited NZ but ready for a change as much as I love Texas. Just sayin "hey".

Vagabond
20th August 2006, 07:55
Welcome i'm sure you'll love it there, just a little smaller than Texas though!

Cajun
20th August 2006, 08:10
yeah tauranga a small town just over 100,000 people, but a real good surf beach if you in to that.
It has for many years been known as a reitrment town(old people go to live once finsh working)
it does have a higher rate of people above 65, about 1/3 of the population, but also 1/3 of the populartion is under 25.\

ajturbo
20th August 2006, 08:56
Tauranga.... i have fond memories of the place, i have lived there as a kid and also just recently... it one of the better places to live in NZ, warm summer days/nights, frosty mornings in winter, a "little" bit of rain from time to time.... but a single guy cannot get a better beach...... and the roads... there are great rides just out your door in ANY direction!...

have fun there, :Punk:

Waylander
20th August 2006, 18:08
Howdy, my name is Zack. Moving on the 27th. Going to school there and looking forward to gettin a bike. Sister already lives there and married to a kiwi with 3 kids. Not sure what to expect as I've never visited NZ but ready for a change as much as I love Texas. Just sayin "hey".

Hmm.... I wonder if someone is making fun of me....

But if not. Fucking welcome mate. Wont be the only one here anymore. What part of the Big D you from?

jtzzr
20th August 2006, 18:39
Tauranga`s a nice place, don`t know where you would get a bike from down there , but there are plenty of good folk down there who would be happy to help you.Welcome

Ixion
20th August 2006, 23:07
Oh my goodness. If we get another one the two will start breeding, I just know it. It's the same as guinea pigs.

Nonetheless, welcome.Welcome, and thrice welcome. It won't be such a shock this time as it was with the first one.

On behalf of BOTTYNZ (the original and still unsurpassed grammar nazis, accept no inferior substitutes, demand BOTTY on all occasions - we give green stamps) may I suggest spelling lessons before you embark, and the purchase of a good supply of the letter U. And, please, leave the donkey behind. Better stock up on R's also.

BigTex
21st August 2006, 07:36
Hmm.... I wonder if someone is making fun of me....

But if not. Fucking welcome mate. Wont be the only one here anymore. What part of the Big D you from?
I was born and raised in cedar hill and then moved to plano and now I'm livin in richardson until I leave.

Where in TX r u from?

My mother was tellin me we live on Sunbrae Grove in Papamoa. She's been there while I've been tryin to get rid of my car. Says it's awesome. Can't wait to get there.

SDU
21st August 2006, 13:48
Welcome to the nuthouse.
Hope the shift goes well for you. At least you'll have another here to help ya with the culture shock.

Waylander
21st August 2006, 17:43
I was born and raised in cedar hill and then moved to plano and now I'm livin in richardson until I leave.

Where in TX r u from?

My mother was tellin me we live on Sunbrae Grove in Papamoa. She's been there while I've been tryin to get rid of my car. Says it's awesome. Can't wait to get there.

Haha was on Regal Rd in Plano. How old are ya mate we may have even gone to the same school...

Do you know of that cheesesteak shop on 15th? across the street from Albertsons?

Lots of old folks out here in Papamoa including one guy on a red 2005 R1 (Young at heart aye Darrel?)

Maha
21st August 2006, 18:13
My mother was tellin me we live on Sunbrae Grove in Papamoa. .

BigTex?... dam that name takes me back a way's...
When i was a youngen' liven' in Palmerston North, there was a 'Big Tex' there.
It was a burger/fries place, way before MacD's and the like, was a cowboy theme place with a huge neon cowboy and a trail wagon, and if it was ya birthday (im taking early 70's here) they would let you wear a twin hulster belt complete with six shooter's (not real)...:2guns: :weep:

Enjoy Papamoa, when i lived there 22 years ago it was known as nappy valley, has changed quite some since i guess...:rockon:

BigTex
21st August 2006, 20:25
thanks for all of your welcomes :)

Way: ya I lived at parker and custer and then spring creek and coit for a long time. No clue about the cheesesteak shop. Business seems to come and go realy quickly in plano as rent is so high.

Waylander
21st August 2006, 20:28
Ah no worries then. Was hoping to get my old bosses email so I could send him some pics.

ANyway, what kind of bikes are you into riding?

Scorpygirl
21st August 2006, 20:40
Hi there and welcome soon to NZ. I was born in Tauranga, came back to go to secondary school and then back again to work for 4 years - so I know the place well. My Mum and many of the family live there too. Hope you enjoy it. :yes:

BigTex
21st August 2006, 20:41
oh ya... btw... any of yall know a Brett Carter? He's my bro-in-law and he rides (in Tauranga).

Waylander
21st August 2006, 20:42
What does he ride?

BigTex
21st August 2006, 20:43
VVVV see below VVVV

BigTex
22nd August 2006, 14:05
What does he ride?

A honda CB900?

Waylander
22nd August 2006, 18:17
Hmm Have seen a few infact I sometimes follow one home from work. Could be him...

Some of the other guys here might know him though.

BigTex
30th August 2006, 20:42
Thanks everyone. Love it here so far. Just gotta find somethin to do. Beautiful country.